Joe Farren Live Music & DJ Services Reviews

89 | Saint Petersburg, FL

89 Reviews for Joe Farren Live Music & DJ Services

Emily · Married on 03/02/2014

Joe was amazing. He was extremely prompt and always quick to respond with any questions we had. His talents are extremely impressive and everyone at the ceremony/reception truly enjoyed having him there. I would definitely recommend Joe to anyone looking for a DJ/Live Music. He listens to all of your wants and needs and does a fantastic job!

Sent on 03/10/2014

Joe was amazing, a truly talented person!! He played live music during our cocktail hour and dinner and was the DJ/Emcee for the reception. He was truly wonderful, reasonably priced, and kept the crowd on the dance floor. Would love to work with him again and would certainly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 03/13/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2013

I came across Joe right here on Wedding Wire about 8-9 months ago. Honestly I was real hesitant on hiring someone I had never met. Honestly I never asked him to meet with us, so that part was on me. I bet if I had though he would of. After reading his reviews/watching his you tube videos/and checking out his website I knew he was the real deal. I just loved the idea of having live music at my wedding.
    I had a phone interview with Joe and called a few of his references (who just loved him). I booked him right away! We had another phone interview a week before the wedding where we went over all the small details.
    The day of the wedding he showed up early. He played the piano at the ceremony and performed during our cocktail hour. At the reception he played a good mixture of music that had something for everyone. My guests just loved him!!
    Definitely worth the money.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Jessica · Married on 02/02/2013

Joe was awesome DJ'ing my wedding! He played a couple songs perfectly on the piano which was a really nice touch. He kept to flow of the reception going great with his music and really had fun managing the dance floor! We had a blast because of him.

Sent on 02/22/2013
  • kristin

kristin · Married on 12/01/2012

Joe did a great job. We used him for ceremony and reception. So many people complemented on him when he sang during the ceremony. He did a fantastic job during the reception, and never talked more then needed!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Tracy · Married on 05/26/2012

Easy to work with, extremely talented, very professional, the most flexible vender I had, and overall a great guy. Did I mention that he not only DJ's but also sings, plays the piano and plays the guitar. He is your all-in-one Ceremony musician, Cocktail hour entertainment and DJ. You really can't ask for more. Trust me, I would hire him again in a heart beat!

Also if you want to check out his sound, he plays at the Green Iguana every now and then. Before hiring him I checked out his show and I was sold instantly -- I even bought his CD. His voice is so genuine, and he plays the piano and guitar so beautiful that you instantly know -- I want him to sing my first dance song.

Trust me, you can't ask for a better, more talented, all-in-one Musician/DJ.

Sent on 06/16/2012

melissa · Married on 03/31/2012

I first met Joe Farren at a Bridal Expo I attended shortly after I got engaged. Anyone that has been to one of those events knows how hectic and overwhelming it is. With so many vendors and excitement, it is easy to possibly overlook a hidden gem, which Joe has become. I walked up to speak to Joe about his music an somehow knew instantly that he would be perfect for my event.
    It is not very often you find a “one man show”. I was ecstatic to find out that not only is Joe a wedding DJ, but a true musician in many forms. Joe beautifully played the piano at my ceremony, sang with his guitar during cocktail hour, then rocked it out later in the evening for the reception. I am a hard woman to please, yet Joe’s talents exceeded my expectations. He played a special part in creating such a magical night for me. I like to thank you Joe and would recommend any bride that wants a beautiful event to explore what Joe has to offer.

Thanks again Joe & I hope you would consider singing ‘Imagine’ for me again on our anniversary.

With best regards,
    Melissa & Thomas

Sent on 04/06/2012

Jennie · Married on 03/24/2012

Joe provided music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We still continue to get compliments on his professionalism and talent playing the keyboard. Joe played the keyboard for our outdoor ceremony with great sound quality and incredible talent. Though we were not present at the cocktail hour we received numerous compliments on his ability to keep a crowd entertained and variety of music. Throughout the evening at the reception Joe kept the dance floor alive with people dancing young and old. We could highly recommend Joe to other couples! Thank you Joe!

Sent on 04/28/2012

Katie · Married on 06/10/2017

My guests can't stop talking about how great Joe was! His live music was awesome. He is extremely reliable and professional.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Christine · Married on 02/28/2015

From the beginning, Joe was absolutely a delight to work with. He truly listened to all of our musical needs and was extremely patient. It also seemed like he was able to effortlessly understand exactly what we were looking for. He was detailed oriented, made me and my husband feel special and ensured that we knew how important our event was to him. He truly went above and beyond the call of duty! Our wedding guests had an amazing time and Joe truly set the romantic and fun mood we were looking for. His talent and variety was amazing. What Joe has to offer, you really won't find anywhere else. From ceremony to reception ... he nailed it!!

Sent on 03/20/2015

Amber · Married on 10/19/2013

Joe was great. He can play guitar, keyboard, piano, and has full DJ service. He came at a great value and all of my guests were very impressed with him. He provided everything I needed (including equipment) at a flat fee and we had him for the day. He is organized, helps you keep organized, and knows a lot about music and what is good to play at a wedding. He was willing to work with us and really helped us keep everything on track and moving smoothly. His role was so important and he helped us make our wedding fun and exciting rather than dull and drawn out. I would definitely recommend him to any couple looking for live music or a DJ or both.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Joe is great! We met him at a local bridal show and were enthralled with the idea that he could play live music during the cocktail hour as well as DJ the reception. We booked him right away! From the beginning he was easy to work with. He has these amazing worksheets that walk you through picking songs (very helpful) and that make sure you aren't missing big details! He was even able to make a mix of songs for my father/daughter dance. It was perfect. Although we did not get to experience the cocktail hour, all of our guests came up to us and said how nice it was to have live music during that time. During the reception, Joe kept us on schedule with the toasts, cake cutting, and garter/bouquet tosses. He was able to read the crowd well and kept everyone dancing. Everyone was smiling the whole night!

Sent on 04/24/2013
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/28/2012

What a fun DJ to work with. In Joe we got it all, sound, live music, and a rocking party. One grandmother was even seen slipping him twenties. Although we had planned for a few slow songs, Joe read our crowd well enough to know that would have killed the party and kept the dancing going. He was willing to do the ceremony music on the fly in case our live musicians couldn't due to rain.

Sent on 10/29/2012

4.2
      2.5

Joe was great, I don't think anyone in Maine should hire any other DJ! My only issue was that I requested a specific last song, and after it was played he played Lets Get it On by Marvin Gaye which made me uncomfortable.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Joe Farren Live Music & DJ Services's reply:

I'm so sorry you were uncomfortable and found my judgement distasteful concerning your last song. I will definitely consider this going forward. Often, I get asked for another song after the designated "last song". If the staff is okay with it, I stretch it out as long as I can. I often grab a song off the fly for this and "Let's get it on" has been a "go to" for this when the vibe is right. It's a fun song and gets everybody dancing. Musically, it has a slow tempo that helps wind things down. The last thing I would ever want is for a client to feel uncomfortable. I'm really sorry and disappointed to hear this. I will definitely consider this in the future when closing out a wedding.
    Thanks again for having me and for the kind words. I had a great time at your event and your friends and family were wonderful to entertain.
    -joe