Joanna Tano Photography Reviews

Joanna Tano Photography 2
Joanna Tano Photography 3
  • W

Lisa · Married on 12/03/2011

Joanna did portraits for my family and her work was beautiful. She's a joy to work with- outgoing and down to earth, and listens to her clients. I had some ideas for our shoot, but she created art even more magical and precious than I had envisioned, and I will cherish these portraits for a lifetime. Thank you so much Joanna!

• joyflynn

Joy · Married on 11/11/2011

We are extremely happy that we were able to book Joanna Tano for our wedding. She was very professional - but had a very relaxed presence, which made it comfortable for us to be ourselves in front of her. She was excellent about capturing key moments throughout the day without us even knowing she was around. She was also incredibly quick at posting our photos online for us to share with family and friends - which was fantastic since many of our friends and family weren't able to attend our destination wedding. Overall we loved Joanna - partly because we were thrilled with the pictures from our wedding day, but also because she was so easy and accomodating to work with. We would highly recommend her to any bride looking for a fantastic photographer!

Some of our photos were even featured on the style me pretty blog for destination weddings: http://www.stylemepretty.com/destination-weddings/2012/05/07/kauai-wedding-at-na-aina-kai-botanical-gardens-by-joanna-tano-photography/

Charlene · Married on 09/10/2011

Joanna is an extremely professional, talented photographer. Before the wedding, she made sure she understood our backgrounds and personal styles, and made sure they came through in the photos. did an amazing job of capturing the special moments during our wedding. We've received so many compliments on our pictures . . . and love, love, love our wedding album.

We consider the money we spent with Joanna as a very wise investment. We'll enjoy her work for years to come!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2011

Joanna Tano's work is incredible!

Sent on 05/12/2012

McCall · Married on 08/12/2011

Joanna was amazing! She came recommended by our wedding planner, and photographed both our engagement session( in the beautiful Paia at her suggestion) as well as our wedding at the Haiku Mill in Maui. Joanna was so sweet, complimentary, personable, and just a pleasure to work with. Not only did she make my husband and I feel super comfortable when normally reticent in front of a camera, but she captured both of those occassions in their most beautiful and organic state. We were beyond thrilled when we saw the finished product. Photography was the #1 most important investment for our wedding day, and what I was most discerning about in my search for a vendor. Well, I picked the right person- I will always be grateful for the way she captured the natural beauty, pristine setting, and every emotion that was experienced of those memories. And, a few months after the wedding her lovely photos made it onto a Style Me Pretty feature! So thanks again Joanna, and if we ever do a vow renewal ceremony in Maui we know exactly who to call. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 05/17/2014

Barbara · Married on 07/16/2011

Joanna's photos of my wedding were amaaazing! Fast turnaround, beautifully presented, and she's so friendly and wonderful to work with.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND her services!!

• Jamaica

Jamaica · Married on 09/25/2010

Joanna did both our Engagement and our Wedding Photos. We had so much fun with her and the pictures are amazing!! Working with her was so easy. My husband hates taking pictures and even he enjoyed the experience. If you're looking for a photographer for any reason, I would highly recommend Joanna Tano Photography... you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 05/12/2012

Maria · Married on 08/18/2010

I was beyond pleased with Joanna's photography. Her creativity was evident in every photograph. Being that most of our family and friends were not there due to the distance, we really relied on Joanna to capture each and every moment. Her pictures were artistic and beautiful...more than we ever hoped for. I would recommend her to anyone getting married!!! Great job, Joanna!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Hina · Married on 07/29/2010

Joanna is wonderful! She has a great eye and is very professional!

Sent on 05/22/2011

Maile · Married on 06/12/2010

Joanna was fantastic!! We absolutely LOVE our pictures. She was able to capture both the beauty of the location of our wedding and the love we felt from everyone that day. Her presence is professional and comforting. She made us feel at ease every moment of the day. We are so so happy our pictures! Thank you Joanna!!!

Sent on 08/22/2010

Nancy · Married on 04/23/2010

The only feedback I could give would be that you were more assertive with the wedding party in getting pictures taken. I also forgot to put the entire wedding party on my list of pictures to be taken, it would have been great if you had mentioned that option before ending the night.

Sent on 05/12/2010

Anexie · Married on 01/04/2010

Joanna was professional, friendly, and very comfortable to work with. We loved our photos and look forward to returning to Maui sometime (hopefully) in the near future so she can take photos of our future family.

Sent on 05/08/2010

dominic · Married on 11/15/2009

Joanna was very pleasant to work with. She made my wife and I very comfortable while taking pictures. I have actually recommended her to a few of my friends from work. Thanks once again Joanna!

Sent on 05/09/2010

Marisa · Married on 10/03/2009

Of all of the vendors I dealt with, Joanna was the most responsive and professional. Beyond her stellar professionalism, her photos were stunning and truly captured the feelings and emotion behind the day. In my opinion, a great photographer is one who fades into the background. We rarely noticed her presence at times and those shots ended up being the best candid photos. I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 07/22/2010
  • KatieLnLvt

Katie · Married on 09/29/2009

We had a destination wedding in Maui, HI. My husband and I are from Arizona. Finding a great photographer was the most important aspect of our wedding planning because it is something we would have forever. I spent several months researching photographers online, and never was quite sold on any of them. Luckily, I came across Joanna's website on a florists blog. Immediately, I knew she was the one. I sent her an email and shortly there-after, she responded and asked if we could speak on the phone. Her professionalism and willingness to speak to me made me feel so comfortable with my decision. She even contacted me on Facebook. No other vendor I contacted took that step to get to know exactly what it was we were envisioning for one of the most special days of our life. Joanna went above and beyond every expectation we had. The pictures were absolutely breath taking. She captured the emotion of the day and the beauty of us and our surroundings. Joanna was incredibly flexible and allowed us to split up the three hour time into two days. We shot the day of our wedding and the morning after. She even took the time to go beyond and gave us unlimited photographs. I swear we have about 600 images from our wedding day all on a CD that she mailed to us, edited, shortly after the wedding. Joanna is no fuss and she doesn't nickle and dime you like several photographers out there. She even made a slide show of our images that played along to a Jason Mraz song that was so precious. Above all, Joanna is an incredibly happy and positive person, who knows her craft and constantly seems to be learning more every day. I 100% recommend her to anyone planning on getting married in Maui. My Husband and I could not have been happier with our experience with Joanna and the pictures that she captured for us.

Sent on 05/10/2010

Nicole · Married on 07/04/2009

We couldn't be happier for choosing Joanna as our wedding photographer. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to our friends, family, or anyone else.

Sent on 05/08/2010
  • W

William · Married on 05/24/2009

Joanna did an awesome job. She was recommended to us via, my wife Kelly's cousin and we were not disappointed. Her customer service, ease to speak with, and variety of photos were only a few of the positives, among the many, that will come with Joanna's photography. Both Kelly and I thank Joanna everytime we look at our wonderful wedding photos and hope that we will be able to use her services again for another special moment that both of us know she will be able to capture. 5 stars all the way.

Sent on 05/16/2010

Gilmer · Married on 05/23/2009

Joanna Tano is a wonderful, local photographer who is able to blend aloha, creativity and professionalism to capture all the special moments of the best time of our lives.
    From the moment we met Joanna it felt like we we're already friends, family even. Joanna is an accomplished, highly professional, friendly artist who is quick to respond to any questions and concerns. My wife and I feel that we were blessed to have Joanna as our wedding photographer.

Sent on 05/12/2010

Taylor · Married on 05/01/2009

Joanna was a pleasure to have photograph our wedding. She made the experience that much more enjoyable! From the moment I first spoke to her on the phone to the day of our wedding, I had absolutely no doubt that she would be amazing. Our friends and family rave about her photography to this day and I will forever treasure the beautiful moments that she captured. Thank you, Joanna!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Jamie · Married on 04/04/2009

Joanna was very prompt in returning my calls, answering my inquiries and the day of the wedding, she was great! Very professional, easy to talk to, made taking pictures very easy and enjoyable! The albums and photos came out great! We loved her!

Sent on 05/07/2010

Megan · Married on 07/25/2015

We decided on Joanna Tano Photography because we loved her style and her prices were fair. Joanna did an amazing job on our upcountry engagement shoot so I knew our wedding photos would be great. She had our photos back very quickly and they are absolutely beautiful. She captured many movements that we missed. My husband and I don't love getting our picture taken so I wasn't sure how they would come out, but Joanna made us feel comfortable so we look relaxed and so happy (which we were). In addition to beautiful portraits and candids, she also documented all the little details that made our day special. And although it's hard to do justice to a place like Olowalu, Joanna captured the amazing scenery. Joanna was also wonderful to work with - she's so friendly and responsive. I highly recommend Joanna Tano for your photography needs.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Maile · Married on 09/04/2011

Joanna was a wonderful photographer to work with for our wedding. I put her up to a challenging task - my husband HATES to be photographed and really only wanted candid "action" shots...I on the other hand, wanted some nice shots of the two of us, and needed some obligatory group/family shots as well. I also didn't want my photographer to be the focal point of the wedding, and super noticeable to the guests during the ceremony. Joanna was really willing to work with us on all of this, and kept the photo sessions as pain-free as possible for my husband. She took some wonderful candids that my husband really appreciated as well. Joanna has a great eye and captured some really spectacular moments - we were both very pleased with how the photos came out and she took so many good ones that we are still trying to choose which to put in our album!! I would highly recommend Joanna to anyone - she was a pleasure to work with and yielded great results!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Eric · Married on 08/27/2012

I've worked as a photographer myself (mostly on film sets), and half my close friends are international photographers and cinematographers; so I have a high standard for photographs, and I have to say Joanna is fantastic! My wife and I spent a lot of time researching photographers before we left, and Joanna clearly stands out from the rest.

Her creativity and style show through in her stills instantly, and gave our wedding photographs a unique touch which stand out from the other "standard" wedding pictures we've seen.

Not only are Joanna's photos amazing, but she is great to work with, fast and most importantly - she's discrete. She took hundreds of beautiful photographs on our wedding day, but was never disruptive, commanding, or impatient with relatives slow to assemble with group photos. Both her and her assistant carefully made sure to avoid being in the background of other peoples' photos and were in-observable during the ceremony, which allowed us to enjoy the special moments.

If you're at all concerned about getting good wedding pictures, make sure you hire Joanna, it's probably the safest wedding decision you'll make.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Lisa · Married on 03/18/2015

Joanna was great to work with. She answered all my questions. The photos came out beautiful. I received about 650 and hired her for 6 hours. She provided the online gallery about 3 weeks after my event, which was well within the contracted time.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Paul · Married on 10/26/2012

Joanna is very professional. Her photos were amazing. I would definitely recommend Joanna to anyone who is playing an event that requires a photographer. Joanna is very easy to work with and given the chance I would use her again.

Sent on 02/26/2014