73 Reviews for Joanna Tano Photography

Second Shooter (1)
Additional Hours (1)
High-Res Images (1)
Matted Prints (1)

Joanna recently shot our engagement portraits and we couldn't be happier with the results! She has a real talent for finding the best lighting and our photos came out gorgeous. My fiancé and I are hardly "naturals" in front of the camera. Joanna made us feel so comfortable and it ended up being a very fun experience. We can't wait to have her capture our wedding next year!

Mahalo,
Amy and Cody

Profile Picture Amy, 7/11/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

First of all, Joanna knows how to bring out color in her photos, and with a wedding in Maui that was a must have for us. She also gave great suggestions for photo opportunities and poses without ever making us look forced or uncomfortable. In the process of finding our photographer what sold us with Joanna (beyond the quality of the photos) was the fact that each couple looked natural, comfortable, and in love. Look for yourself on her website if you haven't already.
I also want to specifically point out Joanna's flexibility with us. As it turned out the forecast for the day we had scheduled for originally was rainy and we wanted to postpone for two days later. Granted luck is always a factor in cases like this for open spaces in schedules, however I'm still grateful Joanna was willing to accommodate and thus gave us the opportunity to get married on the beautiful day that we got.
Thanks so much, Joanna!
Carly and Alex Gheseger

Profile Picture Carly, 12/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joanna was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator and we were so pleased. Joanna and her assistant spent 6 hours with us before and during our wedding. She was friendly and easy going. Best of all, she captured the best pictures of our best day ever. She continues to post our wedding pictures through instagram and Facebook and it's such a treat to be reminded of all the moments throughout our day . I would highly recommend Joanna as a photographer for any occasion on the Hawaiian islands!
Brooke & Britt

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Matted Prints

Joanna was great! She is so friendly and very easy to get in touch with. We booked her for 4 hours and time flew by! She brought her assistant who was also wonderful and they took such lovely photos of us at the ceremony and especially at the beach afterwords. She made sure to get guest photos too. Joanna made us feel comfortable and was able to capture such special moments between me and my husband on our wedding day and we are so happy with the photos we received. We loved working with her and would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Diane, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Joanna was an angel! She made our wedding fun , memorable and stress free. Me and my husband are both not big fans of photography and she made us comfortable with the experience.

Franz and Zarah

Profile Picture zarah, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joanna was incredible!!!!!! We didn't want to focus on formal photos, we really only wanted mostly candid, and she did this effortlessly and casually. I am not photogenic in the least bit and she did an amazing job of making me look perfect in every shot. She encompassed exactly what the wedding was, sophisticated and island chic simplicity at its finest!

Profile Picture Casey, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amazing experience and we love the photos! Joanna was recommended by our wedding organizer. After going through a few choices, we decided to go with her because we like how she makes use of natural lighting therefore minimal processing to achieve a more natural look without over touching up. The photos turned out really well. She had some interesting angles and ideas which made our pre-wedding, reception and couple beach shoot not boring and cliche.

Joanna brought her assistant too for the shooting and they both were friendly and easy to work with. I like how she's friendly but not babbling. It seems like she's really putting thought into her work! Her team worked hard from beginning till the end. They also tried their best to stay out of the way and we didn't notice them at all during the ceremony!

The photos turned out great and were ready in only 20 days! We also love how the website was nicely set up and was easy to navigate. We can also use the tools to save our favorites and share with friends easily. Joanna is tech savvy!

Overall we are very pleased with the experience. Although the standard Maui prices are on the high side, we're glad we chose Joanna to be our photographer. It's daunting to not know what to expect when you are paying this much money, but I'm sure she'll do a good job in your next event. We highly recommend her team!

Profile Picture Reb, 4/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't say enough positive things about Joanna. She made our rehearsal dinner and wedding so easy! She is responsive and a top-notch professional. She has a great eye and her creativity and ability to capture light is amazing. She is sweet, easy going, and will go above and beyond to get the best angle for a shot. I loved our candids as well as our posed photos, and she had our entire album sent and edited to us 2 weeks after the wedding (this is rare and we were so excited)! Again, can't say enough about her and I would suggest her to anyone looking for a ray of sunshine on your wedding day.

Profile Picture Megan, 4/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Joanna is the best! She photographed my wedding in Hana with just my husband and me. Photos were the biggest deal to us since we didn't have family with us, so I looked at dozens of photographers and when I came across Joanna's work I was done looking! We literally don't have any bad photos, she has such an eye to capture our day perfectly! I would highly recommend working with Joanna to anyone!!

Profile Picture Brenna, 3/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were so happy that Joanna was available to take the photos for our wedding day. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend to anyone looking to find a photographer for your wedding day to contact Joanna!

Profile Picture D, 10/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joanna was just fantastic!! We are absolutely thrilled with our photos which we received so quickly! Her use of natural light and incorporating the beautiful Hawaiian scenery into her images makes her style so incredible and unique. We are in love with our photos! If you want the best, Joanna is it!

Profile Picture Lani, 10/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joanna took our wedding photos at Sugar Beach Events in October. She was familiar with the venue, so she knew all the best places to capture our photos. She brought an assistant with her, and both of them were very professional and friendly. We received digital copies of all our images just a few weeks after our wedding and were able to easily shared those photos with friends and family. We booked a 2 hour photography package and received over 400 photos. I would recommend Joanna for your event!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joanna was our photographer for our October 1st wedding at the Old Lahaina Luau! She was great! My husband and I both are not very comfortable with posing for pictures and Joanna made the environment comfortable and gave great direction. The pictures turned out beautiful and they were available within 2 weeks which was great! Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Rachel , 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Cannot recommend Joanna enough!! We were married on 19 Sept 2016 and our wedding photos are seriously stunning!!! She was professional, prompt, and so easy to deal with and be photographed by. Looking at them makes me so happy as she truly captured our day exactly as it was. I chose Joanna based on her talent with capturing natural light so magically and she definitely did this for us! Her online download system is also seamless!

Thank you so much Joanna!!

Chanelle and Brayden
New Zealand

Profile Picture Chanelle, 9/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joanna was simply the best and the photos for our wedding were fabulous. It couldn't have turned out any better!

Profile Picture Marisa, 9/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I (and our kids) had the amazing opportunity of working with Joanna for our Maui destination wedding. Not being from the island, we leaned on the help of a coordinator to help setup the whole day. When it came time to pick a photographer we were given a list to choose from. Joanna's photographs stood out immediately, they were authentic and warm and exactly what we were hoping to capture of our day.
We couldn't be happier with how Joanna and her delightful assistant photographer captured our day. Not only did we get our pictures back in record time, but they were all so gorgeous and captured the intricacy of each moment so well.

Profile Picture Candace, 9/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joanna was great to work with! It was so simple with Joanna and she worked with us to ensure that we really got all the pics we wanted! She is extremely talented and captured the beauty of our wedding day! She loves her work, she is super calm and extremely professionnal. We are so so happy with the result!

If you want amazing pics for your wedding, Joanna Tano is a wonderful person to work with!

#thankyouforcapteringthisunforgettablemoment

Maude & Maxime July 2016

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Maude, 7/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joanna was amazing. Booking a Maui wedding from Washington state could have been stressful if it weren't for professionals like Joanna. We were able to speak by phone in order to make sure she could capture our vision for the perfect ceremony. She took both posed photos and lots of candid pictures and captured the day perfectly. We are so glad that we found her.

Profile Picture Abigail, 7/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joanna Tano was recommended by my wedding planner. I was really pleased with the whole experience. She is super sweet ,laid back-and made everyone feel relaxed. The photos were beautiful and we received so many compliments. If i were to change anything, it would be to book more time with her.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Karen, 6/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I loved working with Joanna! She photographed our wedding last month on Maui in Kula and captured so many special moments in the short time we had. It was pouring rain for hours before the ceremony which was challenging because it limited our time for photos, but you would never have guessed that by looking at the pictures because she was still able to get so many great ones! Our ceremony was very small and intimate with just immediate family and Joanna felt like part of our family too. ;) She truly has an eye for lighting and color and was able to incorporate the natural setting perfectly. She is very professional, arrived early, and got the photos back to us quickly. Couldn't have had a better experience! Many thanks from Thomas and Kandice

Profile Picture Thomas, 3/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Joanna through a co-worker’s referral and I’m so glad I found her! We used Joanna to take our engagement photos while we were on vacation in Maui earlier in May. The pictures came out wonderfully! The online process to book Joanna’s services was very easy and efficient. As soon as I booked Joanna, she quickly responded. I gave her some general feedback about the type of photos I wanted, which was both beach and greenery type photos and she was very helpful in suggesting some nice places to take photos. We took photos at Po‘Olenalena Beach which is south of Wailea that had some greenery, craggy rocks and smooth beach areas. The location was perfect; it had everything I was looking for and Joanna took perfect advantage of all the lighting that the sunset had to offer. She really captured some beautiful moments. In the hour we spent with her, Joanna took a variety of photos that made it seem like we traveled to 3 completely different places. The photos arrived in the mail about two weeks later and they were gorgeous! The sunset backgrounds were perfect. There was also a good balance of close-up and panoramic photos as well. I loved all the photos! I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 11/21/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot

It was a great experience to work with Joanna, and our pictures are amazing! We had a hard time deciding on a location and the details were pretty last minute. Joanna was very flexible and professional. She was helpful and positive throughout the experience. She captured our day perfectly and we would recommend her to anyone! Thank you Joanna!

Profile Picture autum, 11/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We decided on Joanna Tano Photography because we loved her style and her prices were fair. Joanna did an amazing job on our upcountry engagement shoot so I knew our wedding photos would be great. She had our photos back very quickly and they are absolutely beautiful. She captured many movements that we missed. My husband and I don't love getting our picture taken so I wasn't sure how they would come out, but Joanna made us feel comfortable so we look relaxed and so happy (which we were). In addition to beautiful portraits and candids, she also documented all the little details that made our day special. And although it's hard to do justice to a place like Olowalu, Joanna captured the amazing scenery. Joanna was also wonderful to work with - she's so friendly and responsive. I highly recommend Joanna Tano for your photography needs.

Profile Picture Megan, 7/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Not only were our photos absolutely amazing -- Joanna is such a nice person to work with. She was on time, and even stayed a bit later than was expected. When the end of the night came, she was not in a rush to leave but instead asked me if there was anything else she should capture or do before she left. We had a videographer that was not from her company and as hard as it can be to work with a random person that you have never met or worked with -- they worked very well together and she was so courteous of his shots and space. Joanna is very personable, we met her the day of our wedding and I would do it all over again with Joanna. My husband and I would enthusiastically recommend Joanna Tano Photography to everyone getting married on any Hawaiian island.

Profile Picture User5487819, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews