76 Reviews for Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant

Licensed (6)
Rehearsal (5)
Civil Union (2)
76 Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant Reviews

Jo was amazing. Finding a bilingual English/Spanish speaking officiant in New Hampshire is NOT easy. We were so blessed to find Jo. On top of that she is an absolute delight to work with. She is responsive, flexible, and kind. She listens to what you want and works with you to create a unique ceremony that reflects your love, your story, your beliefs, and culture. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and it wouldn't have been the same without Jo. Not only did we get an English/Spanish ceremony, like we wanted, we got a moving ceremony that reflected who we are in a special way. Her grace, kindness, love and compassion set her apart and permeates the work she does. I can't recommend her enough. One of the best decisions we made.

Profile Picture Gabriela, 6/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was amazing, she was warm and friendly during our meetings and actually took the time to get to know us both so that she could write an appropriate ceremony. She put together something that was as unique as it was special and it really spoke to who we are and why we were standing there in the first place. It got some laughs from people at times (which is something we wanted!) and everyone at our reception talked about how wonderful it was. If you are looking for a uniquely tailored ceremony for your big day we couldn't recommend Jo enough! Our day was truly special and in no small part from what she put together for us and delivered to us and our guests. We couldn't be happier! And as a side note, I also felt that her price was more than reasonable for the service provided!

Profile Picture Robert, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I are so happy we hired Jo as our life celebrant for our wedding. She was extremely professional and we felt confident hiring her after our first meeting. She put together a beautiful ceremony for us that was so personalized. Our ceremony is one of the most frequent compliments we get about our wedding. Our guests loved how unique and personal it was. Working with Jo was very easy both in person and over email. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a wonderful ceremony.

Profile Picture Kerry, 5/25/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was able to take everything and craft it all together into a well said, perfectly delivered, love story. What she does is truly an art. So many of our guests mentioned how great Jo was, and her ability to make our wedding day so special.

Profile Picture Elyse, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jo was such an amazing officiant and I'm so happy we chose her for our wedding!! She was super organized and created the most wonderful wedding ceremony for us! The ceremony she put together not only reflected who we are as individuals but who we are as a couple too. The wedding ceremony was so personalized that many of our wedding guests have asked us if she was a friend of the family or someone we have known for years-- all of them complimenting us on how nice it was. Jo was always super responsive to email and willing to meet in person or skype as an alternative to go over fine detail planning as the event got closer. She provided us with all the information we needed to file for our marriage license and made the ceremony planning piece of our wedding stress free! Payments for her services were done in installments and super easy to process online. She was worth every penny and we highly recommend her as a wedding officiant!!!

Profile Picture Cherie, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jo was the PERFECT officiant for our wedding. She worked with me and my now husband to design a ceremony that matched our style and wrote the most touching, accurate, funny love story about our past based on a questionnaire we filled out. All of our guests keep commenting on how beautiful and personal our ceremony was. She was also incredibly organized and gave our wedding party helpful instructions/advice at the rehearsal that made everything run smoothly on the real wedding day. On top of that, she is super nice and fun to work with! Thank you for everything, Jo! -Sarah & Dan

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was GREAT through every step of the process! We didn't know where to start, but with just a quick conversation Jo started us in the right direction. After filling out one questionnaire, Jo produced a draft with several options to help us personalize our ceremony. She made ceremony planning very easy for us, and always made herself available for questions. She even went out of her way to find a helpful contact when we were having trouble with a difficult ceremony venue. Our ceremony was wonderful; Jo puts a lot of thought and effort into her work and it shows!

Profile Picture Amelia, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Looking for an officiant was one of my first tasks. I followed our venue's preferred vendor list and read their reviews on wedding wire which was very helpful throughout my wedding planning process. It was important for me to have a woman officiate our wedding, I wanted a woman's touch. When I found Jo Maden and started reading her reviews I knew she was the perfect fit for our wedding. She stood out from other officiants because she made the ceremony about the couple. My husband and I are not very religious but I wanted our ceremony to be special and to sound like us. When I first met Jo through a skype meeting I knew she was the one. We spoke for about an hour and I felt so comfortable with her, we also had some things in common. I told her that it was important to me if some of the ceremony was in Spanish and she was willing and ready to do that for us even though she wasn't fluent but she would practice for our ceremony and she did. She also had many great ideas, my favorite was having an intimate ring blessing at the rehearsal with our parents and grandmothers. It was a very special moment that I will never forget and our parents really loved it too. There is nothing I would change about our ceremony, Jo did an amazing job at capturing what is truly important to us and telling our story. Our friends and family really enjoyed the ceremony and thought it was very special. Jo is very responsive, attentive, helpful and she truly delivered. Thank you so much for making our wedding and our ceremony the most meaningful part of our wedding. After the wedding, she also sent us the most beautiful keepsake and memory of our ceremony, I will cherish it forever! I recommend Jo Maden to make your wedding ceremony the most special part of your day!

Profile Picture Isabella, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Jo
There are not enough words to describe how amazing she is. She not only takes the time to understand and get to you know you as a couple she will capture the essence of who you are and she does it your way. She truly loves what she does. We gained more than just an officiant for our wedding, we gained a friend.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

There are not enough words and there is not enough space to express how wonderful our experience was with Jo. From the moment we met Jo, we fell in love with her. She took the time to understand and appreciate who we are as a couple and truly captured the essence of our relationship as well as our individual sense of self (which is important considering two individuals come together in the context of a relationship lol). Jo took the time to get to know us and inquire about our values and beliefs and our love story. Through her approach and an assignment she asked if we could complete, it created some special and fun memories between my now husband and I. Jo read our words and worked with us to identify what we wanted our ceremony to look like. Through reading our words, and in our many conversations she crafted a personalized story that spoke so true and so authentically to us as a couple. In hearing this ceremony, our family and friends were able to witness our journey and our relationship. They cried and laughed and actively participated in it. But that was all possible because of Jo understanding and taking the time to appreciate what our vision for our wedding was. She invests her whole self in this process and has been such a pleasure to work with. I trust Jo with all my heart and I loved how she was always there for us. She was wonderful in answering questions about obtaining a marriage license and also in helping us at the rehearsal organize and make our vision come to life (she even brought tissues for us haha). She is truly phenomenal. Not only did I gain an officiant, but I gained a lifelong friend and family member. She is simply amazing and made me feel so calm and relaxed in this process :) As I said, I do not have enough space to express how wonderful she is and I would recommend her highly :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was so amazing from the moment we met her. On multiple occasions, she took the time to meet with us and really got to know us as a couple. Jo is as professional as one can be, yet at the same time felt like a friend we had known for years. As a result, Jo planned and wrote a beautiful, loving ceremony that was unique to us.

When it came time for our actual wedding, Jo took on every new challenge that arose. Amidst all the chaos, Jo kept us all on schedule, got everyone where they needed to be, and the ceremony was amazing. We truly couldn't have done it with out her!

- Justin & Kiera

Profile Picture Justin, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We chose Jo to be an officiant for our wedding on June 25, 2017 and she was amazing! She is very easy to work with and made the entire process smooth and professional. Her words were truly touching and we received many outstanding complements from our guests and family after the ceremony. We could not have picked a better person to marry us. Highly recommend!!!!!

Profile Picture John, 6/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

When I was looking for an officiant to marry us, I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for. I knew that we needed to work with someone that performed secular ceremonies and we wanted someone that could deliver a lighthearted ceremony. Jo and I Facetimed for our first meeting and I instantly knew that I liked her and had to have her as our officiant! She is extremely organized and responsive. She created a beautiful customized ceremony for us and we couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. She really captured our personalities and our love and everyone present could feel how special it was. Jo went above and beyond communicating and organizing with my other vendors to ensure the day ran perfectly and it did! I HIGHLY recommend working with Jo Maden!!!

Profile Picture User6184418, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was absolutely amazing! Our ceremony was completely customized to us, which made it really special. In addition, she had a unique idea for us to do for a unity ritual. This made our wedding even more special, and individualized to us. She was professional and easy to work with!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We asked Jo to officiate our wedding, and it was the best decision we made. Jo is a true professional, who brings structure to one of the craziest events (in a good way) to your life. Her confidence makes you feel at ease that everything is being handled the way you want, but also has a sense of humor to keep the mood light and everyone involved relaxed. She is the perfect balance that you need and want for a ceremony.

Profile Picture Matt, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

From our very first meeting with Jo, we knew she was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Jo was wonderful through the whole process. She truly loves what she does, and it shows! She created a personal ceremony just for us. It was incredible. She has so much knowledge & experience, it is unparalleled. She is detail oriented, and takes pride in making sure everything is perfect. We were so happy..
After our wedding, I have heard from so many guests that they thought it was the most unique, and personal wedding they had ever been to. I can't say enough about Jo.
We are so glad we found her!
Susan & Greg Rocci

Profile Picture Susan, 3/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I always love working with Jo! As a wedding photographer, it's important for us to communicate with the officiant. Jo even sends us the couple's ceremony schedule in advance which I really appreciate. With LifeCycle, there are no surprises because she perfectly plans out the ceremonies with so much care. She's so nice, too! I absolutely love her good energy. I highly recommend her to my clients. - Allison, Photographer at Kiss the Bride Wedding Photography

Profile Picture Allison, 12/22/16, 33 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo is absolutely amazing and is truly great at what she does. She made our wedding ceremony so personal, better than anything we imagined. She is a true professional and truly had our best interest at heart. She sent us consistent updates and didn't bat an eye when we wanted to make an edit. I loved working with Jo and can honestly say she made our wedding better.

Profile Picture Shayla, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was the PERFECT choice for our officiant on our special day! She met with me in person when I was in town (I planned my wedding in NH from NC so face to face time was scarce!) She had no qualms about skypeing with me and she was very reachable through email with a quick response time. She is extremely professional, she knows her stuff. She gave us advice every step of the way that was so helpful!
She personally writes the ceremony. She gives you a questionnaire that both of us had to go through and answer separately and used the answers to create a beautiful story personalized towards us. And then she mailed us a copy of the entire ceremony in a cute booklet afterwards! It was nice to relive that part, because I was so distracted at the altar I couldn't listen real well, even though I had read it beforehand. She is a joy to work with! She will do whatever you would like to make the ceremony work for you!

Profile Picture Erica, 10/14/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were looking for an officiant to really tell "our story" and Jo knocked it out of the park. She was able to provide us with an amazing "love story" that she was able got from doing a through examination process of speaking with us about our relationship and experiences. She was extremely flexible with accommodating us on every different aspect of the ceremony to help us get an extremely personal and special experience. She was extremely professional and helpful throughout the entire process in particualr during the rehereasal and hours leading up to the ceremony. We got numerous comments from guests about how the ceremony was one of the most unique and enjoyable experiences they have ever seen and Jo was a huge reason we were able to create that type of atmosphere.

We would highly recommend Jo Madden to anyone looking for an officiant to provide a very personal wedding ceremony experience that really tells "your love story.

- Jake & Lindsay

Profile Picture Jake, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jo does great work -- warm, welcoming and very calm. She makes you do your homework to customize your event/special day but it's entirely worth it!!

Profile Picture User7280743, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had the most incredible ceremony at our wedding. Jo created such a special and unique ceremony for us both, and told our love story beautifully. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. The ceremony really touched every guest at our wedding, and everyone mentioned to us how different and special it was. We wrote our own vows, with some help and ideas from Jo. She was unbelievably special, and made the entire process extremely easy and relaxed. We were recommended Jo by my husbands brother who got married 4 years previous to ours.

I couldn't thank you enough Jo, you did the most amazing job and we have gained a very special friend :)

Profile Picture Jodie, 10/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was fantastic to work with!! She was warm, patient, suggestive and helpful throughout the process of planning our wedding. We received a tremendous amount of compliments from our friends and family at the reception about how much they enjoyed Jo and the ceremony. They really enjoyed hearing our "story" which was crafted by her guidance.

Profile Picture User7286212, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was the perfect officiant for our wedding. After having spoken with several other officiants and JPs, it was clear that Jo was far and away the most professional, attentive, and responsive. She made our ceremony personal and special just for us, everyone could tell it wasn't a "canned" copy she had already written. It was also a big deal to my now-husband and I that Jo included coming to our rehearsal in her proposal, it made the big day go a lot smoother. Would 100% recommend Jo to anyone looking for a wedding officiant!!!

Profile Picture Allie, 9/30/16, 1 Review