Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant Reviews

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 3
Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 4

Katie · Married on 06/15/2019

Thoughtful, Personal, Talented

We are so lucky that we found Jo to officiate our wedding. From our first conversation and through the entire planning process Jo’s thoughtfulness and organization rang through. Over the months leading up to our wedding through an in-person meeting, calls, and emails she truly got to know us and the ceremony she crafted was a genuine representation of our love story and personalities. Jo brought many ceremony ideas to the table and helped us brainstorm the many directions that our ceremony could go. Ultimately she made sure that together we found a structure, tone and message that we were thrilled with.

Jo’s experience, constant communication, and confidence put us at ease throughout the planning process and her steady hand at rehearsal allowed us to truly relax and enjoy the ceremony because we knew we were in good hands. For two people who do not enjoy being the center of attention this made all the difference in the world on our big day.

That organization and effort clearly paid off as we heard from every guest we spoke to how much they loved the ceremony. Our guests were so impressed that Jo was able to make our ceremony so personal and capture to our story and personalities so accurately. We could not agree with them more, Jo did a fantastic job and we are so happy that she could be a part of our big day.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 12/01/2018

Jo was a huge hit at our wedding!

My husband and I didn't realize just how important the hiring of an officiant is until we started our search. They truly set the entire tone for the wedding. As started doing our research we became a bit overwhelmed as we met with/spoke to a couple that we knew just wouldn't be a good fit for us. When we found Jo, read her reviews we had a good feeling she would be our perfect match. But what really solidified our decision was when I went to meet her with my mom over a "quick" cup of coffee that turned into a half-day date! We instantly clicked. She felt like family to us immediately. The entire process was seamless as she was always one-step ahead, never leaving us waiting or wondering. The day-of could not have gone any better, as she wrote the most beautiful ceremony just for us, and we got SO many compliments on her as an officiant. Everyone had the same feedback- that it was the perfect ceremony in every way. She had a lot in her hands (Our wedding!! Our vows!!) and she truly carried herself with such grace. We wouldn't change a single thing. "Choosing" Jo was the BEST decision! We just adore her!

Sent on 12/26/2018
    Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 6

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much, Brianna! From our first "half-day date" through your wonderful ceremony it was my pleasure getting to know you and sharing in your joy. Happy 2019 and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

breanna · Married on 11/17/2018

Kind, Professional, Gifted

Right from the first meeting, Jo got to know us personally and made us feel comfortable and confident. All throughout the planning we found her so helpful with guidance, ideas, suggestions and attention to detail. Each meeting, email, call or text was thoughtful, caring and productive. Jo really helped reduce our stress with her vast experience, calm demeanor and professionalism.

Since our wedding day, we have heard numerous compliments about our ceremony, specifically about how beautiful the flow, wording and delivery of the ceremony was. In truth, one Sister in Law added that it was the most beautiful ceremony that she had ever seen. From the beginning; our goal was to create a personal, warm ceremony and that is precisely what we got with Jo. We also greatly appreciated her professionalism towards other vendors which contributed to an overall smooth and seamless wedding weekend.

I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone in need of amazing officient. We were so lucky to have her!

11/17/18 Corey and Breanna McGrath

Sent on 12/12/2018

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Corey and Are it was truly so lovely to meet you and work with you from start to finish. You are surrounded by so much love and it was my honor to be a part of your wedding day. Happy 2019 to you all!

Sara · Married on 10/20/2018

Jo made our ceremony and day so special!

Working with Jo was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. She is so wonderful at what she does, and helped to create a custom ceremony that was personal to us. Every single person at the reception afterwards mentioned how amazing they felt that the ceremony was, and we owe that to Jo. We are so lucky to have had her for our big day!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much Sara. It was wonderful to celebrate with you and Matt. What a gorgeous autumn day it was! Hope to continue to run in to you out and about, it is always fun to catch up.

Brittanie · Married on 09/29/2018

A Perfect Day Thanks to Jo!

At the beginning of our wedding planning journey we hadn't given much thought to who would marry us and figured we'd just find a local officiant and keeping it very short and traditional. Then my husband's boss recommended the celebrant who had married him the year before citing how unique and fun her approach was. Enter Jo.

From our very first correspondence Jo was nothing short of wonderful! She took the time to meet us multiple times and genuinely get to know us individually and as a couple.
    Throughout this time she wrote a love story and a completely customized ceremony just for us and our guests! Knowing how much our dogs meant to us she even included them! Jo is so creative and authentic. The entire ceremony felt so organic. It was lighthearted and perfectly us.

There really aren't enough words to express our gratitude for Jo and her service. Not only did she write and deliver the a beautiful ceremony but she attended our rehearsal, working with the venue coordinators, other vendors and wedding party to make sure everyone was on the same page. The day of went so smooth and we owe that to Jo.

All night as we chatted with our guests everyone gushed about how amazing Jo was and my husband and I couldn't agree more! Thank you Jo!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Brittanie, it was a true joy to celebrate with you and Kevin! Gorgeous day, beautiful location, wonderful community of loved ones and a great story to celebrate. ...And I got to connect with one of my "old married couples" too!

Julie · Married on 08/04/2018

Jo Madden was an absolute pleasure to work with as our wedding celebrant. When looking for a celebrant we wanted someone who could really articulate our story since we have been together for 10 years. When we first spoke with Jo we knew she was right for the job! She had a very similar back story to us and demonstrated how organized and creative she is with the ceremony process. Jo gives you homework to fill out. She uses this to start to craft her ceremony after getting to know more about the couple. When we saw Jo’s first draft of the ceremony, both my husband and I were so impressed. We assumed we would have to make some edits and review a few times, but her first draft was nearly perfect. This gave us such a peace of mind going into our wedding. Again, Jo is very organized and will organize every aspect of your ceremony, from the coordination and working with your venue. We really appreciated that this was one less thing we didn’t have to think of. On the day of the ceremony we had to change things up last minute due to weather. We had to move our ceremony indoors and it was a little bit of scramble. While I was not present for part of this, many people told me that Jo was on top of everything and ensuring that our ceremony would still run smoothly with these changes. When it came time to the actual ceremony portion, Jo did an amazing job articulating our love story to our guests and making it very special and personal to us. If you are looking for someone to create an elevated ceremony, Jo is the person for the job! You can know that if you book her, she will lead you through this process with ease and make this one less thing you need to worry about.

Sent on 09/02/2018
    Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 7
    Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 8

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Julie, I hope you and Derek are well and happy. Thanks so much for your kind review. It was a day to remember! You guys were wonderful partners to collaborate with and you had/have a great network of friends who were right there helping to make it a wonderful day! Thanks again, Jo

Gabriela · Married on 06/21/2018

Jo was amazing. Finding a bilingual English/Spanish speaking officiant in New Hampshire is NOT easy. We were so blessed to find Jo. On top of that she is an absolute delight to work with. She is responsive, flexible, and kind. She listens to what you want and works with you to create a unique ceremony that reflects your love, your story, your beliefs, and culture. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and it wouldn't have been the same without Jo. Not only did we get an English/Spanish ceremony, like we wanted, we got a moving ceremony that reflected who we are in a special way. Her grace, kindness, love and compassion set her apart and permeates the work she does. I can't recommend her enough. One of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Robert · Married on 06/09/2018

Jo was amazing, she was warm and friendly during our meetings and actually took the time to get to know us both so that she could write an appropriate ceremony. She put together something that was as unique as it was special and it really spoke to who we are and why we were standing there in the first place. It got some laughs from people at times (which is something we wanted!) and everyone at our reception talked about how wonderful it was. If you are looking for a uniquely tailored ceremony for your big day we couldn't recommend Jo enough! Our day was truly special and in no small part from what she put together for us and delivered to us and our guests. We couldn't be happier! And as a side note, I also felt that her price was more than reasonable for the service provided!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Kerry · Married on 05/25/2018

My husband and I are so happy we hired Jo as our life celebrant for our wedding. She was extremely professional and we felt confident hiring her after our first meeting. She put together a beautiful ceremony for us that was so personalized. Our ceremony is one of the most frequent compliments we get about our wedding. Our guests loved how unique and personal it was. Working with Jo was very easy both in person and over email. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a wonderful ceremony.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Elyse · Married on 04/07/2018

Jo was able to take everything and craft it all together into a well said, perfectly delivered, love story. What she does is truly an art. So many of our guests mentioned how great Jo was, and her ability to make our wedding day so special.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Cherie · Married on 03/16/2018

Jo was such an amazing officiant and I'm so happy we chose her for our wedding!! She was super organized and created the most wonderful wedding ceremony for us! The ceremony she put together not only reflected who we are as individuals but who we are as a couple too. The wedding ceremony was so personalized that many of our wedding guests have asked us if she was a friend of the family or someone we have known for years-- all of them complimenting us on how nice it was. Jo was always super responsive to email and willing to meet in person or skype as an alternative to go over fine detail planning as the event got closer. She provided us with all the information we needed to file for our marriage license and made the ceremony planning piece of our wedding stress free! Payments for her services were done in installments and super easy to process online. She was worth every penny and we highly recommend her as a wedding officiant!!!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Cherie & Adam ~ Congratulations again! and Thank you so much for your kind words. As I told you, it was a pleasure for me to witness the amount of joy and love your family and friends surround you with. Happy newlywed life!

Sarah · Married on 11/25/2017

Jo was the PERFECT officiant for our wedding. She worked with me and my now husband to design a ceremony that matched our style and wrote the most touching, accurate, funny love story about our past based on a questionnaire we filled out. All of our guests keep commenting on how beautiful and personal our ceremony was. She was also incredibly organized and gave our wedding party helpful instructions/advice at the rehearsal that made everything run smoothly on the real wedding day. On top of that, she is super nice and fun to work with! Thank you for everything, Jo! -Sarah & Dan

Sent on 12/02/2017

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah. It was a true joy to celebrate with you and Dan. You are so fortunate to be surrounded by such genuinely upbeat, positive people! Wishing you a wonderful 2018!

Andrea · Married on 10/28/2017

There aren't enough words to express what an amazing job Jo Maden did officiating and planning our wedding ceremony this past weekend. This woman truly takes this job to a new level! She cares about each one of her clients and the ceremony that they envision for their day. Jo made our wedding ceremony so special and so personal. It was truly made for us! LITERALLY! Jo customizes every ceremony to the love story of her couples and does it with such care. We are still getting compliments from our guests about how moving and special our ceremony was. Every detail was taken into consideration and it really made a huge difference. She also makes the experience fun and relaxed. We felt completely at ease working with her and knew we were in good hands. Even the rehearsal went so smooth and everyone knew exactly what to expect the day of or wedding. I could go on and on about the stellar experience we had working with Jo. Jo, I honestly cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much, Andrea and Ryan!
    Your very kind words were quite a delight to find this morning ~ especially after a two-day power/internet outage!
    It was my pleasure to celebrate with you both and I thank you for your generous and beautiful spirit. ~Jo

Amelia · Married on 10/21/2017

Jo was GREAT through every step of the process! We didn't know where to start, but with just a quick conversation Jo started us in the right direction. After filling out one questionnaire, Jo produced a draft with several options to help us personalize our ceremony. She made ceremony planning very easy for us, and always made herself available for questions. She even went out of her way to find a helpful contact when we were having trouble with a difficult ceremony venue. Our ceremony was wonderful; Jo puts a lot of thought and effort into her work and it shows!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Thank you, Amelia! I am so glad the ceremony location worked out as well as it did ~ the setting was perfect! Wishing you and Jason a wonderful 2018!
  • Isabella

Isabella · Married on 09/22/2017

Looking for an officiant was one of my first tasks. I followed our venue's preferred vendor list and read their reviews on wedding wire which was very helpful throughout my wedding planning process. It was important for me to have a woman officiate our wedding, I wanted a woman's touch. When I found Jo Maden and started reading her reviews I knew she was the perfect fit for our wedding. She stood out from other officiants because she made the ceremony about the couple. My husband and I are not very religious but I wanted our ceremony to be special and to sound like us. When I first met Jo through a skype meeting I knew she was the one. We spoke for about an hour and I felt so comfortable with her, we also had some things in common. I told her that it was important to me if some of the ceremony was in Spanish and she was willing and ready to do that for us even though she wasn't fluent but she would practice for our ceremony and she did. She also had many great ideas, my favorite was having an intimate ring blessing at the rehearsal with our parents and grandmothers. It was a very special moment that I will never forget and our parents really loved it too. There is nothing I would change about our ceremony, Jo did an amazing job at capturing what is truly important to us and telling our story. Our friends and family really enjoyed the ceremony and thought it was very special. Jo is very responsive, attentive, helpful and she truly delivered. Thank you so much for making our wedding and our ceremony the most meaningful part of our wedding. After the wedding, she also sent us the most beautiful keepsake and memory of our ceremony, I will cherish it forever! I recommend Jo Maden to make your wedding ceremony the most special part of your day!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Izzy ~ I am so touched. I read this while out at one of my cafe-offices and tears came to my eyes. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day ~ fue mi alegria y gran placer.

Jonathan · Married on 09/16/2017

Jo
    There are not enough words to describe how amazing she is. She not only takes the time to understand and get to you know you as a couple she will capture the essence of who you are and she does it your way. She truly loves what she does. We gained more than just an officiant for our wedding, we gained a friend.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much Jonathan. I am so grateful to have been welcomed with such love and joy into your community of friends and family.

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2017

There are not enough words and there is not enough space to express how wonderful our experience was with Jo. From the moment we met Jo, we fell in love with her. She took the time to understand and appreciate who we are as a couple and truly captured the essence of our relationship as well as our individual sense of self (which is important considering two individuals come together in the context of a relationship lol). Jo took the time to get to know us and inquire about our values and beliefs and our love story. Through her approach and an assignment she asked if we could complete, it created some special and fun memories between my now husband and I. Jo read our words and worked with us to identify what we wanted our ceremony to look like. Through reading our words, and in our many conversations she crafted a personalized story that spoke so true and so authentically to us as a couple. In hearing this ceremony, our family and friends were able to witness our journey and our relationship. They cried and laughed and actively participated in it. But that was all possible because of Jo understanding and taking the time to appreciate what our vision for our wedding was. She invests her whole self in this process and has been such a pleasure to work with. I trust Jo with all my heart and I loved how she was always there for us. She was wonderful in answering questions about obtaining a marriage license and also in helping us at the rehearsal organize and make our vision come to life (she even brought tissues for us haha). She is truly phenomenal. Not only did I gain an officiant, but I gained a lifelong friend and family member. She is simply amazing and made me feel so calm and relaxed in this process :) As I said, I do not have enough space to express how wonderful she is and I would recommend her highly :)

Sent on 10/01/2017

Oh Jessica, my novella queen! HAHA
    Thank you for your generosity of spirit and prose! Truly, it was my great pleasure to work with you and I look forward to sharing many milestones to come with you both.

Justin · Married on 07/01/2017

Jo was so amazing from the moment we met her. On multiple occasions, she took the time to meet with us and really got to know us as a couple. Jo is as professional as one can be, yet at the same time felt like a friend we had known for years. As a result, Jo planned and wrote a beautiful, loving ceremony that was unique to us.

When it came time for our actual wedding, Jo took on every new challenge that arose. Amidst all the chaos, Jo kept us all on schedule, got everyone where they needed to be, and the ceremony was amazing. We truly couldn't have done it with out her!

- Justin & Kiera

Sent on 07/05/2017

John · Married on 06/25/2017

We chose Jo to be an officiant for our wedding on June 25, 2017 and she was amazing! She is very easy to work with and made the entire process smooth and professional. Her words were truly touching and we received many outstanding complements from our guests and family after the ceremony. We could not have picked a better person to marry us. Highly recommend!!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Angie · Married on 05/28/2017

When I was looking for an officiant to marry us, I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for. I knew that we needed to work with someone that performed secular ceremonies and we wanted someone that could deliver a lighthearted ceremony. Jo and I Facetimed for our first meeting and I instantly knew that I liked her and had to have her as our officiant! She is extremely organized and responsive. She created a beautiful customized ceremony for us and we couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. She really captured our personalities and our love and everyone present could feel how special it was. Jo went above and beyond communicating and organizing with my other vendors to ensure the day ran perfectly and it did! I HIGHLY recommend working with Jo Maden!!!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Sabrina · Married on 05/20/2017

Jo was absolutely amazing! Our ceremony was completely customized to us, which made it really special. In addition, she had a unique idea for us to do for a unity ritual. This made our wedding even more special, and individualized to us. She was professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Matt · Married on 05/13/2017

We asked Jo to officiate our wedding, and it was the best decision we made. Jo is a true professional, who brings structure to one of the craziest events (in a good way) to your life. Her confidence makes you feel at ease that everything is being handled the way you want, but also has a sense of humor to keep the mood light and everyone involved relaxed. She is the perfect balance that you need and want for a ceremony.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Susan · Married on 03/03/2017

From our very first meeting with Jo, we knew she was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Jo was wonderful through the whole process. She truly loves what she does, and it shows! She created a personal ceremony just for us. It was incredible. She has so much knowledge & experience, it is unparalleled. She is detail oriented, and takes pride in making sure everything is perfect. We were so happy..
    After our wedding, I have heard from so many guests that they thought it was the most unique, and personal wedding they had ever been to. I can't say enough about Jo.
    We are so glad we found her!
    Susan & Greg Rocci

Sent on 04/03/2017

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Susan & Greg; it was a true joy to celebrate with you and your family. Cheers! Jo

Allison · Married on 12/22/2016

I always love working with Jo! As a wedding photographer, it's important for us to communicate with the officiant. Jo even sends us the couple's ceremony schedule in advance which I really appreciate. With LifeCycle, there are no surprises because she perfectly plans out the ceremonies with so much care. She's so nice, too! I absolutely love her good energy. I highly recommend her to my clients. - Allison, Photographer at Kiss the Bride Wedding Photography

Sent on 12/06/2016