JLKevents Reviews

JLKevents 3
JLKevents 4
JLKevents 5

Alexandria · Married on 11/23/2013

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!! We were thoroughly impressed with Jamie & Liz. From the early stages of planning the wedding to the day of, Jamie and Liz made our wedding fantastic. They were easy to work with, open to some of our crazy ideas and song choices :), and had a keen eye for lighting our venue. Jamie did an incredible job DJ'ing our event. He was engaging with the crowd and made it fun for our guests. They are the best DJ's our area has...hands down! Highly recommend JLK!!!

Sent on 12/26/2013

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks, I had great people to work with, you all are so much fun. Thanks for including us in your wedding and trusting us with such a special day.

Kathi · Married on 11/09/2013

The music you provided for the ceremony was perfect. The lighting of the area with the café lights and lighting on the palm trees was beautiful. You had all your equipment ready well in advance of the ceremony.
    You kept the guests busy while the wedding party and family were busy with pictures. You kept the music going and kept the guests informed when they needed to welcome the bride and groom.
    You made it easy to know when speeches should be made and where to stand.
    You gave the bride and groom and parents the attention they deserved for all the special dances.
    You made the final dance of the evening so memorable for the couple that it still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. The special effects of playing their vows during that final dance and the pictures you took were fantastic!

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you so much, it was an honor to be part of such a great day. It was a pleasure dealing with such a great family.

Ami · Married on 11/09/2013

Done well, done right! Great communication and great execution! You will not find people or a company more devoted and involved in the business. Their experience and their knowledge of the industry is top notch.
    Thank you!

Alexia · Married on 11/02/2013

JLK was the perfect choice for us! Their team makes you feel like you are dealing with family. Highly recommended for any event- they are my top pick!

Thanks, so much

Gary Lucca did an outstanding job for our wedding on October 26, 2013! Our guest had such a great time dancing to an amazing mix of my generation and my parent generation of music. Gary and JLK met with my husband and I a few times prior to the reception and did an excellent job of executing the timeline and announcements we discussed. Gary also did a great job of suprising both Chris and I with a few special suprises that brought both tears to my eyes and excitement to my feet! Thank you!!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Megan · Married on 10/26/2013

The photo booth at our wedding was a hit! Working with Liz & Jamie was great. They were so nice and patient with our requests. JLK provided great service and made everything go very smoothly at the reception! They made us very happy!

Sent on 12/05/2013

A lot of brides have horror stories about vendors they hired that were later impossible to get a hold of, but I'm pretty sure Jamie and Liz have horror stories about me! I am self-employed and stay very busy, which meant that when I was planning my wedding a lot of little details sort of slipped by the wayside. Not so with JLKevents. They knew what I wanted from our first meeting, and Liz did not let me forget it!

Jamie is a very multi-talented individual. He did the outdoor lighting for our venue (which really made the photos), but is also an incredible DJ and a fantastic master of ceremonies (he kept the reception moving right along on schedule). He was able to do things I literally did not think were possible, but I won't spoil the surprise for future brides! He played all the music we requested a couple, and also read our crowd very well. There was truly something for everyone and though I didn't think we had much of a dancing crowd, Jamie knew all the tricks to get even the shy guys out on the floor. :)

I gave JLKevents five stars for responsiveness and flexibility, but only because it won't let me give them six. There are things that I simply would not have gotten done if not for Liz's polite and persistent reminders. She was also very gracious when I changed a few entrance/dance songs at the last minute.

Meet with these guys once, do your homework(!), and you'll have an unforgettable reception experience that your guests will be talking about for years to come!

Sent on 12/01/2013

Dana · Married on 10/11/2013

I was undecided between 2 DJ's for our wedding and I went with my gut instinct and chose JLK Events....best decision we've ever done. Liz was awesome and kept in touch with us throughout the process. We were then introduced to Gary, who we fell in love with. He definetely knows that he is doing and will make you feel relaxed. My husband was even impressed with him when we met. Gary also goes the extra mile and does a few things to surprise you at your wedding. We couldn't have been happier with our decision. You will not be disappointed with this company...they are great people and are very family oriented and will do whatever it takes to make your day special.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Katie · Married on 10/05/2013

JLK Events is top notch! They provide not just a DJ service, he's a host with style! The entire staff was helpful, listened carefully to the atmosphere we wanted and they made it happen. JLK also provided lighting for our outdoor wedding. It was everything I had imagined in my head and so much more. Elegant lighting, attention to detail, and a surprise song at the last dance with our vows intertwined with the music. Not a dry eye in the house! People are still complimenting us and we owe it to JLK Events!

Sent on 10/16/2013

JLKevents's reply:

Katie...it was an honor to be part of your special day!! We look forward to keeping in touch with y'all as you begin your lives together!!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/05/2013

Wish there were more stars on here, because they deserve the acknowledgement for being the BEST music and lighting services this area has to offer. Use these folks for your event and you'll get everything you imagined and more. Professional, trustworthy, and impeccable attention to details that make your event memorable.

Sent on 10/16/2013

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks for the kind words and thank you for putting your trust in JLK events.
  • User3620940 · 2+ years ago

We used Jamie and Liz to create outdoor lighting for our daughter's wedding reception. They did a fabulous job! We were so pleased and the Bride absolutely loved the cafe lights and the up lighting on the trees! They are truly wonderful people to work with. I had already committed to another service for a DJ (huge mistake) but I wish I had known about Jamie's DJ service before! He definitely would have had our business!! Thank you Liz for everything! You should be a wedding planner also!!

Warmly, Sherri & Brian Hannon

Sent on 10/21/2013

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks, it was a pleasure working with you.

Nina · Married on 09/21/2013

This company did an amazing job with the DJ Services. They were great at keeping in contact with me. The DJ and I got to talk about the music we wanted, He was very flexible, especially when it started to rain, he said he could take it inside if he needed to but it wasn't necessary. He played all the right music, we got a lot of compliments on the music. Request Daniel!

Sent on 10/10/2013

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks so much, Daniel is awesome. Glad you had a great night.

Juanita · Married on 08/17/2013

Jlkevents provided DJ services for my wedding, although they do it all ( Photography, video, arrangements, lights and sound). The DJ was great, he keep in touch with me, I was able to give him my play list and we worked together with the Resort Event Planning to set up the program for the day. They keep the party alive.. Thank You

Sent on 08/23/2013

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing JLK events on your wedding day.

Angela · event on: 08/15/2013

The service we received was perfect. We appreciate the staff accommodating our group with competence and expertise.

Libby · Married on 07/27/2013

Everything was wonderful and professional. I was extremely pleased!

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you, please let us know if we can ever be of any help to you in the future.

JLK events host a staff of professional individuals, who truly care about the clients they serve. Their convenient approach made it so easy for me to plan my wedding from out of state. They took control of details and helped ensure all things were taken care of before, during and after my wedding, including moving all sound equipment indoors at the last minute for the ceremony.
    Our DJ was Daniel Barnes and he was FANTASTIC!!!! He kept the dance floor filled and moving the entire night. His upbeat personality and joy for his job really made it a fun and memorable night for us and our guests.
    If I were to have another occasion in Hilton Head where I needed an event company and DJ, JLK and Daniel Barnes would be my first choice, no doubt!!!

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words. Daniel and Liz are both awesome.

Really nice folks. Provided our DJ -- super -- ask for Gary. Did the lighting for us as well.

JLKevents's reply:

We could not agree more, Gary Lucca absolutely rocks.

Sean · Married on 04/05/2013

JLK listened to our every request and delivered everything we asked for. We received multiple compliments throughout the night on how great the music was.

Sent on 04/23/2013

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Michelle · Married on 03/23/2013

JLK Events made our wedding reception amazing with the dj and lighting! DJ Daniel was an excellent dj and our guests kept complimenting on how good he was. The lighting was also spectacular. Many people said it was the best wedding they've been to. They are extremely professional and pleasant to work with. I would definitely recommend them to anyone to use for any type of event. They will make it easier for you. Five stars! :)

Sent on 04/23/2013

Lianne · Married on 03/02/2013

We booked JLK Events for our reception lighting at the Jepson Center with Liz as our point person. We chose uplights for the interior, lights on the staircase, and DMX wiring. Liz was very flexible with our situation: we were planning our wedding from the West Coast and couldn't easily meet her in Savannah for color choices. Instead we saved it for the week of our wedding. While that may seem like it was cutting it close, it worked out perfectly fine and we made our color choices with her, no problem. (You can choose from the full spectrum of colors because it's all operated through a computer program.)

It was also worth it to get the DMX wiring, which allows an on-site operator to change the lights to different colors during the reception. (For example, we had our wedding colors as uplight colors for dinner while for dancing we let the operator go crazy with them.) I was hesitant at first to get lighting, but it definitely enhanced our reception's mood.

Sent on 03/23/2013
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 11/10/2012

JLKEvents did the lighting for my wedding and we were thrilled with how they were able to transform our venue. Lighting is one of those things I took for granted until I saw their website and examples of what they were able to do. They were a pleasure to work with and very flexible with meeting us at the venue so my husband and I could select specific colors we wanted used at various points during the reception. It really added a lot to the ambiance of our reception and looks incredible in our photos!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2012

We had so much fun at our wedding reception! Jamie was a wonderful DJ and went with the feel of the crowd in the music selection. He helped keep the mood fun and casual which is exactly what we were hoping for at the reception. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the music whether they were dancing or not.

The lighting at the reception was also done by Liz & Jamie and was beautiful. They really transformed the space and it was very tastefully done. It was difficult for me to envision as they described it but I trusted them and was glad I did. I was really impressed and delighted when I entered the reception venue. They also provided photo booth services for the reception which made for a really memorable guest book. I definitely recommend JLK Events.

Sent on 11/01/2012

Gary and Liz were great! I will definitely be recommending JLK events to everyone I know! Gary is very personable and knows how to entertain! During the planning process Liz made me feel very relaxed when I was kind of stressing a bit about which songs to chose. She was very patient with me and helpful. Gary also did a great job keeping a schedule the day of. It was nice to know that I could enjoy the day and not worry about what we're supposed to do next. Thank you so much for providing entertainment for my wedding! I'm so happy we booked JLK!

Sent on 11/16/2012

JLKevents provided the perfect lighting for our wedding reception at the Harper Fowlkes House. We could not have been happier! The cafe-style lights strung across the courtyard provided the perfect balance of light for dinner, dancing, and enjoying the outdoor setting. It was a real pleasure to do business with them!

Sent on 11/15/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2012

Liz and Jamie were great! They are such sweet caring people! We ended up adding more lights to the outside of the building at the last minute and they quickly put everything together. The lights looked amazing at the wedding! Its definitely worth the money to help and dress up any room inside or out. It also looks great in pictures! Thanks guys!

Sent on 11/17/2012