JLKevents Reviews

JLKevents 3
JLKevents 4
JLKevents 5

Tamara · Married on 06/13/2015

I could not speak more highly of JLK Events. The first time I met with them, I had met with two other DJ companies the same day. From the second I walked into their office, I knew they were the company I wanted for my wedding. Before I knew anything about their different DJs etc, I just knew. When you walk in and meet with Liz and Jamie Bodie, it is really is a family vibe all the way through. They make you feel like you are being welcomed into their home. You can't do better with a DJ company in Hilton Head/Bluffton. (Trust me, I talked to multiple!) I emailed Liz many many times throughout the planning process and asked the most mundane, stupid questions and she always answered immediately. I seriously love her. Whenever I am in the area, I am probably going to drop by unannounced to go see them!

As far as the actual DJ at my wedding goes, we chose Jordan even though, at the time, he hadn't done a wedding where he was the main DJ. We could tell by how Liz and Jamie run their business that anybody they hire would be amazing regardless of their experience level on their own. Jordan was amazing! He is so down to earth and just an all around great guy. It is clear he loves his job and loves music and loves weddings! He had just gotten married about 6 months prior to my first meeting with JLK so he is a newlywed himself which gives him a better perspective on weddings and how the couples want things done. He is an amazing guy and an amazing DJ! Don't hesitate to choose Jordan to DJ on your special day!! He is amazing!

We also had a photobooth which was a lot of fun! We designed the photo strip with the help of Havilah, Jordan's wife. Everybody got a copy of their photostrip and I also got digital copies of the strips and individual photos.

I highly recommend hiring JLK Events for your DJ and photobooth services (and basically everything they do because they are just all around amazing).

Sent on 07/18/2015

Tamara · Married on 06/13/2015

Sent on 07/18/2015

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you so much. Stop by and see us anytime. Heck, let us know you are coming and we will make time to get together for lunch or something.

Justin · Married on 06/13/2015

Gary was fantastic. He was fun to work with, had tons of great ideas, and made sure to find ways we could add a personal touch to the music/entertainment at our reception. He is the ultimate professional. None of our guests were ready to go home at the end of the night because they were having so much fun. In fact, many commented that Gary was the best DJ they had ever seen perform at a wedding reception.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Gary was so amazing to work with, had fun and unique suggestions to make our reception special and made the actual event so incredibly fun! One of our guests just asked for his contact info. so she can have him dj at her wedding next spring!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Jayne · Married on 06/06/2015

JLK was the best decision we made! They did the most gorgeous lighting, an amazing photo booth which everyone loved and provided such a great MC that kept our wedding moving on time seamlessly. We kept getting tons of compliments that we had the BEST music and that everything was so beautiful and elegant. It was a perfect wedding because of them. Loved every bit of it. We definitely got our money's worth and then some. I highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Patty · Married on 05/23/2015

Gary was wonderful. He took the time to prep, learn about the bride and groom to ensure their experience was a memorable one. Several guests came to me after the reception and specifically commented on how wonderful the "DJ" was. Thank you, Gary, for taking the extra time to make this so special and fun for all involved.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/23/2015

Gary was more than we ever wished for in a DJ. Gary held an initial meeting with us to get to know us better and to put a plan together for what types of music we wanted played at the wedding. He then met with us closer to the wedding to nail everything down. Between the initial and final meeting he stayed in contact and answered any and all questions. He had great ideas on fun entrances for the wedding party, creative ways to get the guests dancing, and an awesome way to end the reception. Throughout the night he made sure we were aware of what was coming up next and how much time we had left. He interacted well with the guests and has a great personality. Gary was great. I would hire him ten times over.

Sent on 06/01/2015

JLK Events provided lighting, décor, DJ and ideas for my wedding. They worked with me every single step of the way and made my vision a reality. Even if they didn't have an item in their inventory (chandelier), they went out of the way to get whatever it was I needed to make it happen. As a destination wedding, they responded immediately to every email that I sent - and there was a lot of correspondence. They made my wedding more beautiful and special than I had ever dreamed of. I am happy to say that not only was working with JLK Events the best choice I made, I can now say that I gained several new friends. I had several comments from guests that it looked like a million dollar wedding. I ABSOLUTELY and HIGHLY recommend JLK Events for all of you event needs! 5 stars!!!

Sent on 05/28/2015

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you so much, you, your family and your friends are incredible people.

Kelsey · Married on 05/16/2015

Gary was AWESOME!!! I am so grateful that we found such an amazing DJ for our big day because he truly made our reception memorable. He had fun, creative ideas that not only left my husband and I with something very special, but something our guests could not stop talking about! I still hear all the time how fantastic our DJ was. Gary really listened to what my husband and I wanted - the type of music we preferred or didn't prefer, but he also knew how to really keep the party going. Such a great attitude and personality - I can't say enough how much our guests enjoyed him! In fact, after our wedding, we had a friend drop the DJ they already had lined up for their wedding so they could use Gary! Thank you so much for everything - truly!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Tara · Married on 05/09/2015

Gary was the most amazing DJ for our wedding! He was so great to work with and so flexible even with all of our last minute changes. He went above and beyond to make sure we all had the greatest night ever and truly provided just that. He added in so many surprises and personal touches that made the reception so unique. I have never experienced a DJ like Gary and all our guests were just raving about him. I HIGHLY recommend Gary and JLK events for any and all celebrations as they are truly are the absolute BEST!! Thank you for making our wedding reception the most fun and wonderful night of our lives!!

Brad · Married on 05/09/2015

Gary and the entire JLK team were amazing from start to finish. After the first meeting we had with Gary, we were both so excited about our choice to have him DJ our wedding. Throughout the entire process Gary and JLK provided top notch service and professionalism and our reception turned out better than we could have ever hoped. Gary was extremely easy and fun to work with and had the party rocking all night! I would highly recommend their services to anyone!

Kimberly · Married on 05/09/2015

I loved everything about jlkevents. They were so amazing with helping me plan my play list and helping me pick reception ideas. The phot booth we rented from them was a big hit as well and Liz was super helpful with helping me pick the lay out for that as well. Not only where they great at their job but they were amazing people as well, something about them just makes you feel comfortable and like your wedding is going to be in the best hands possible.

Sent on 05/13/2015

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you so much, it was an honor to be included in your wedding day.

DJ Gary was great! He kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Sue · Married on 05/09/2015

Gary did a awesome job! The crowd was on the dance floor the whole night! He was also very personable and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Donald · Married on 05/09/2015

People were on dance floor from beginning to end.

Sent on 05/16/2015
  • I

Ina-Marie · Married on 05/02/2015

Gary was such a great addition to our wedding reception! He really engaged our guest and got them onto the dance floor. He also coordinated with my parents and husband for special surprise touches to our event. Thank you Gary!!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Selena · Married on 04/23/2015

JLK Events was an amazing company to work with! Liz was so helpful with the contract process and she answered all of my emails very quickly. Our DJ was Gary and he was amazing to work with. He really cared about the type of music we wanted to listen to and really took the time to get to know us as a couple. The whole wedding was on the dance floor the entire night and everyone had so much fun! JLK did a great job of providing cafe lights and lanterns for the reception. Our wedding was so much fun thanks to Gary !!!!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Tim · Married on 04/23/2015

Gary from JLK events was awesome. Be understood exactly the kind of wedding we wanted to have and was spot on with the music selection! He listened to us in such detail that he went above and beyond to produce such great entertainment. He even cut and spliced multiple songs just so they would custom for our wedding! Amazing talent in the DJ industry and great person all around! If you want your special day to be exactly what you want ask for Gary Lucca!

Sheri · Married on 04/18/2015

JLK Events was a fabulous group of people to work with. From my first meeting with Jamie and Liz to the day of my daughter's wedding with Gary Lucca and his assistant, Jordan, we felt so at ease. Planning a destination wedding was much less stressful than I thought it might be; mostly because Jamie and Liz, along with Tiffany from Port Royal Golf Club were so helpful in suggesting other vendors (photographer, florist, limo driver, etc). They are great people and have a network of other professionals who are just as awesome. Gary did so much to personalize their wedding, it was amazing. From recordings of messages from guests who couldn't make it, to a repeat of their vows played during the last dance - every minute of the wedding was perfectly orchestrated. He was energetic and entertaining and had all of the guests up and dancing all night long. I would highly recommend both JLK and Gary Lucca for any event you may need dj services for. They made for an absolutely perfect night!

Sent on 04/23/2015

JLK events was an amazing group to work with!!! They were flexible, quick to respond, and worked with me even from halfway across the United States (thank you Skype!). Gary was an amazing DJ and had so many surprises for us that made our wedding day unforgettable. They say that a DJ can make or break your wedding...Id choose JLKevents again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Gary and his crew were the absolute best DJs we could have asked for.

Sent on 05/25/2015
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 03/14/2015

JLK Events--specifically Jaime and Liz--is amazing. Jamie and Liz are an awesome team and we can't say enough about JLK!! We love them and basically consider them family at this point. From our first meeting, we knew our wedding was in good hands. We didn't even bother to meet with other DJs because we were so blown away with their professionalism, attitude, and approach to weddings. They took so much stress out of the planning process.

Jamie is a must for your wedding. He can read the crowd and get them moving. We really wanted to dance and have fun with our guests and Jamie told us how do that: if you have fun, your guests will too and that was so true. From making our beachside ceremony amazing in the face of some iffy weather conditions to rocking the reception to doing spectacular lighting, it was the best day of our lives and we had so much fun at our wedding.

We also used them for our rehearsal dinner where they did a "Family Feud" style game. This was great to our family and bridal party involved, especially since many of them did not know each other. We will have so many memories in the years to come, but JLK absolutely made our first day of marriage the most exceptional of them all. Bravo--and thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 03/17/2015

JLKevents's reply:

Jessie, thank you so much for allowing us to share some time with your family and friends. We look forward to seeing you and Ryan anytime you come to Hilton Head to visit.
  • SJ

Sarah · Married on 02/07/2015

We used JLK for lighting and DJ services.

Since we were having a winter wedding, I didn't want to decorate with floral. Instead, we decorated with light. Our venue was the Charles Morris Center with beautiful tall brick walls and wood floors. We had JLK string cafe lights vertically against the wall to frame our altar area (which became the dance floor area for the reception) and they used soft ivory uplighting to highlight the windows.

Having been to several weddings with meh DJs, having someone that fit our personality was so important, and that was Daniel. But backing up the ceremony for which Daniel provided sound. The groom and officiant were mic'ed, and we received so many compliments on the level of sound; it didn't echo and there was no feedback. Up at the altar, we didn't even notice the amplification, making it seem like such an intimate ceremony. During cocktail hour, Daniel was able to track down even some of our most obscure requests. For the reception, Daniel was amazing. He helped us nail down our order of events and create such a streamlined reception that left plenty of time for people to party down. From our grand entrance and first dance to the last dance of the night, he took it to the next level. Everything was incredible.

Sent on 02/15/2015