JLKevents Reviews

JLKevents 5
JLKevents 6
JLKevents 7

kara · Married on 11/04/2017

Gary with JLK events literally saved our day! He is so professional and had everyone on the dance floor all night long! He truly understood our vision of a cocktail style wedding and nailed it! He even went as far as to contact my family and uncle who could not attend and had a recorded message from him to play at the reception which was so special to me. He is both an amazing DJ and person and went above and beyond! We highly recommend both Gary Lucca and JLK events and can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Jen · Married on 10/21/2017

The set-up was incredible - we utilized three different spaces, all with completely different lighting arrangements. The ambiance the lighting created was exactly what we were going for in each space, and truly made the event. JLK was so easy to work with, from our first meeting, we knew we were in excellent hands. We could not recommend them more highly!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/21/2017

JLK events is amazing!!!! We hired Gary Lucca (JLK DJ) to do the music for our wedding ceremony and reception, as well as JLK to do the lighting for our reception. The lighting was perfect!!!!!!! and Gary..... well, he is literally THE BOMB. He made our wedding day so special, and truly a genuine person. I appreciate all he did to stay on top of us during the planning process. He does his homework to ensure it's everything you wanted and more. I cannot even tell you the number of people who have commented on how amazing he was!!!!!! :) Our dance floor was crowded ALL night!!!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Tracy · Married on 10/20/2017

Great customer service! JLK Events was great to work with. I did not have any idea what I needed or wanted for the event. They sent emails with suggestions and pictures and talked with me several times on the phone. They worked with me to help me keep within budget.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Jason · Married on 10/14/2017

We had a wonderful evening with Gary Lucca as our DJ/MC. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night and worked with us to make sure our time frame and wedding plan was executed perfectly. He met with us before the wedding and helped guide us to create the perfect wedding.

Sent on 11/21/2017
    JLKevents 8
    JLKevents 9
    JLKevents 10

Lili · Married on 10/07/2017

I had heard so many wonderful things about JLK Events when I started planning my wedding, and I have no regrets at all about choosing them. Our DJ, Tiffani, was the absolute BEST!
    When I first reached out to JLK Events, they responded EXTREMELY promptly (the response wasn't automated). I was honestly shocked. I had a specific request, as I only needed a DJ for a short portion of my wedding, as we were having live music for a lot of the evening. They worked with me to meet our needs at an extremely reasonable price. They gave me an option of 2 different DJs, and we ended up choosing Tiffani, which was one of the best choices we made the whole planning process!
    Tiffani was amazing. She was super sweet and patient, and was so helpful in creating a wedding timeline and helped me craft exactly which traditions we wanted to incorporate and when to incorporate them. She got such a clear idea of our musical tastes and I really felt like my guests were excited by every single song that came on during our reception.
    She also handled the curveball of my father-in-law deciding he'd like to make a last minute toast like a total CHAMP!
    On the wedding day, she checked in very briefly with me to let me know she was there and set up (very neatly and efficiently), and just to say hi, but then since she wasn't starting until later in the evening, she pretty much left me alone to mingle with my guests until she was ready to get started, and she checked in every now and then when necessary. She was a great communicator (without being at all overbearing) and an extremely talented DJ who can really read the tone/mood of the room.
    I truly can't rave about her enough, or about the professionalism of JLK Events in general. You absolutely won't regret using Tiffani as your DJ!
    Thank you, Tiffani and all the lovely people at JLK Events!

Sent on 10/10/2017

lauryn · Married on 10/07/2017

had the BEST experience with Gay from JLK Events! He made sure my wedding ran smoothly and played the best combinations of music for everyone to enjoy. I met with Gary to times before the wedding to run through everything and he was on top of it!!!! Gary made planning my wedding so much less stressful. He was extremely professional at all times and did not get the least bit frustrated when I wanted to change something a few times. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you use Gary from JLK Events!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/30/2017

JLK did a fine job on our daughter's wedding. When I first walked out the back door of the club and saw the 6,000 sq ft tent lit for the first time, I was taken aback. Spring for the wedding logo on the dance floor...you'll be you did.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Brantley · Married on 09/23/2017

DJ Henry Race was absolutely phenomenal! He made sure we had everything we wanted with no questions! He blended the wide variety of music we selected beautifully while keeping everyone on the dance floor. JLK was easy to work with from beginning to end, I will never stop singing their praises!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/23/2017

Words can not express the amount of praises that I can give to DJ Gary Lucca & JLK Events! He was absolutely amazing and made our Wedding a night we will never forget! We are local in the area & he made us feel like family. Most of all he made this whole experience easy & listened to what we wanted.. and he made our vision come true! The dance floor was full all night & everyone complimented that our wedding was "The Best Wedding Ever"! Thank you again Gary for making our wedding something that we all will always remember as the best day of our lives-Michelle & Adam Frink, Hilton Head Island, SC

Sent on 09/27/2017

Mark · Married on 09/16/2017

JLKevents helped to make our wedding incredibly memorable. From the initial planning stages all the way through our reception, we were (and still are) completely amazed at the level of diligence, attention, and professionalism exhibited by Gary and the entire JLKevents team. Gary helped give Brittany and I a night that was completely unique to us and we will never forget it. I cannot recommend Gary and his team enough! I would not hesitate to use Gary and his team for an event in the future.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

We chose Gary to DJ our wedding this past August and we are so glad we did! Gary was one of if not our favorite vendor to work with throughout our wedding. His response time is impeccable, literally he was evacuating from hurricane Matthew and still made time to talk to us. Besides being a true professional with his response times he made our wedding into the party it was. He included our favorite songs but picked other songs to perfectly compliment it. It threatened to rain on our wedding day and Gary just rolled with it assuring us he would set up wherever we needed him to. Our guest still talk about how awesome the music was. Besides Gary just making our wedding more fun he made it so personal. He does a truly amazing surprise at the end of the reception and trust us you will be blown away. You will not just feel like you are working with a vendor at the end but working with a new friend. Choose JLK and if he is available choose Gary. He is amazing and a true artist.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Logan · Married on 08/18/2017

Gary Lucca is literally life. We chose not to have a wedding planner and as the day got closer, it's something that made me uneasy. I wanted to make sure that things stayed on track and that we had time for everything that we wanted to do throughout the night. I shouldn't have worried for a second. Gary had everything under control time a million. He was so organized and prepared that it blew my mind.

Gary did something special for us- and I'm not going to share it in case it's something he always does, and I want others to be as surprised as I was- and it brought tears to my eyes. The fact that he took time to create this thing for us shows that he not only is a DJ, but that he cares about what he is putting out there.

Gary's music selection, mash-up skills, etc. were amazing. Everyone was up and dancing the entire time and having the time of their life. There was not a song that he played that didn't grab a huge crowd. He definitely knows what to do, what to say, etc. I had people asking how I found him and how they could contact him for future events. Getting married in August was a rough decision- everyone was hot and probably dehydrated, but Gary made them forget all about that.

Gary made our day incredible. There are some things that I would change about the wedding, but Gary is in no way one of those things. If I could be permanent friends with him, I would.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Tricia · Married on 07/29/2017

JLKevents was fantastic to work with and were willing to try something new for us. They are very talented and responsive! We highly recommend them for whatever wedding needs you may have.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Elaine · Married on 07/29/2017

JLK Events is fantastic!!!! DJ Gary was amazing and our wedding was so much fun, thanks to him. Gary is so personable, fun, outgoing, flexible, accessible and attentive. He played every song we asked for and threw in other ones that we didn't even know we needed. He went out of his way to reach out to people to make our surprise recordings, which were SO touching and lovely. We absolutely LOVED working with him and our guests are still reaching out to us about how awesome the music was!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Rachael · Married on 06/24/2017

JLKEvents was a pleasure to work with! We loved our DJ, Henry! He was so much fun and made everyone feel so comfortable!

Sent on 06/30/2017
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 06/18/2017

WOW is the first thing that comes to mind about JLK Events! Gary was our DJ, and he's just simply the best. He had fantastic ideas, and was able to implement the songs that I had wanted in a way that was even better than I had dreamed of. I thought I was in on all the surprises of the night for the guests, but was blown away when Gary had even managed to surprise ME with things that just put the cherry on top of our amazing day. He's super easy to work with, and will make absolutely sure that you're both on the same page before the actual wedding day arrives. All of our guests kept on telling us about how awesome Gary was, and I even had one tell me that it was the best music they had ever heard at a wedding!

We also used JLK Events for our lighting, and because our venue already had tea lights anyway (which is what I had wanted), they suggested using a pink backlight in the bar area, which gave everything an awesome extra touch.

If you're contemplating on whether to book with JLK Events, stop worrying and just do it! It's one of the best decisions you'll make throughout your entire planning process!

P.S. Please give Ramsey another hug from all of us! We miss that lovebug!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Sherri · Married on 06/18/2017

I've waited a couple of weeks to write this review because I really wanted to compose my thoughts and express my appreciation to Gary, Liz, and Jamie appropriately. Our daughter got married in Hilton Head a couple weeks ago, and we were lucky enough to have JLK Events do both our lighting and DJ services for the wedding. Words can't express how happy we are that we chose JLK - their professionalism and kindness shone through from start to finish. Because this was a destination wedding, we didn't get to meet the JLK staff in person until a few days before - it was like meeting up with old friends. They made us feel completely at ease and we instantly knew we were in good hands! They spent time with us to make sure every detail was taken care of exactly as we wanted it. In the months leading up to the wedding, they were VERY responsive to any phone calls and emails. The lighting at our daughter's venue looked fantastic - they added gorgeous back lighting to the bar area (in a color to match the theme) to give it a loungy effect And now let me talk about our amazing DJ, Gary. He was phenomenal - Honestly, he made the day so incredibly special with his easygoing presence and professionalism - he has such a gift for what he does. He attended to every detail and he added in some beautiful surprises for the bride and groom, too. The final song of the night was a complete surprise to all of us that Gary created himself - it was truly a magical memory I will cherish forever. He kept the evening on task and also kept everyone on the dance floor! People of all ages were dancing throughout the night. I'm still smiling over two weeks later - every guest was raving about how much fun they had. We can't thank JLK and Gary enough for helping to make this evening one of the happiest and most special of our lives. We HIGHLY recommend JLK Events. Five stars (I'd give ten if I could).

Sent on 07/05/2017

Chelsea · Married on 06/10/2017

I am a wedding planner from Richmond, Virginia, and I had the pleasure of getting to work with JLK Events on a client's wedding at the Callawassie Island Country Club. DJ Billy Ball and assistant Glen did a fantastic job setting up, communicating, reading the crowd, directing the crowd, being flexible, and working well on a team of vendors. Not only did they provide quality sound, but they set up beautiful mood lighting that transformed our dining and dance spaces. They were EXCELLENT-- professional, fun, and experienced. The whole company was pleasant and helpful with every interaction my client and I had with them. Worth every penny! Look no further for your entertainment needs!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Katie · Married on 06/02/2017

Gary and JLKevents were outstanding. Gary worked with my husband and organized the whole reception events. Gary was very responsive and listened to exactly what we wanted for our wedding. He even helped us plan for fun events leading up to the wedding. He played great music and really knows and listens to the bride and groom. He was so much fun and really appreciate how well he did. He made the wedding a blast! We had a great time at our wedding. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/06/2017
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 05/28/2017

Gary at JLK Events went above and beyond to make our wedding spectacular. We planned a destination wedding and that in itself was very stressful. Gary was amazing to work with every step of the way. He answered emails immediately and thoroughly. The wedding day came and I had no worries because I trusted him completely. The officiant and groom were both mic'd for the ceremony which I loved because everyone's hands were free. The music for the ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. Then the party started and he completely blew us away. We also got the photobooth which is always a hit at every wedding! I wish we had another excuse to have a destination party so we could use him and JLK events again.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2017

Gary and JLK events made our wedding night so incredibly special! For starters, our professional relationship with the JLK staff only got better as the event planning went on leading up to a wonderful wedding day. They met all of our needs on our special day! The set up was very professional and fit perfectly with our venue space. You get so much control over what music gets played AND Gary has great skills at editing songs and blending music to make everything flow so well. Our guests were sincerely impressed and I continue to hear praise even weeks later. He’s also got some big surprises that truly make the evening memorable. It was exactly what we paid for…and so much more.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/13/2017

Gary Lucca was an amazing DJ. He did an excellent job during our ceremony and reception. He also does a great job with surprising the bride and groom we special and centemental gifts through out the wedding. Gary is down to earth and easy to communicate with. He saw our vision and made it better than we thought possible. Everyone at our wedding wanted to know who our DJ was!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Hayley · Married on 05/07/2017

We work with Gary for our recent wedding. He somehow managed to seamlessly blend our excessive amount of genres and songs we wanted to hear! From guest arrival to departure, he flawlessly kept the flow of the evening going. JLK was great to work with! We also had the open air photobooth (which was a total hit) and went with their recommended lighting that perfectly turned a softly lit dinner into a dance party! We are SO happy we had Gary and JLK apart of our special day!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Joe · Married on 05/07/2017

With a destination wedding we were concerned if things were going to be covered. Gary Luca nailed it. We could not have been happier. Highly recommend JLK events. As FOB, Gary took the time to touch base with me, to go over the event and ask if I had any "special music requests" for the event and provided some ideas!

Sent on 05/14/2017