50 Reviews for JK Wedding Events

Sound/PA System (2)
Consultation (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
Photobooth (1)

I had Jimmy and team do the music at my NYE wedding and the reviews are still coming in as to how outstanding the music and energy was the entire night. I keep hearing that it was the best wedding anyone’s been to and know Jimmy had a lot to do with that. I would hire him again in an instant!

Profile Picture Carla, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We needed a Korean bilingual MC and singer for our wedding in Houston, so we turned to Google. However, nothing turned up for the Houston area and so we decided to expand our search nationwide. We found Jimmy and JK Wedding Events through a few websites and contacted Jimmy for a quote and to see if he could fly to Texas. After watching a few YouTube videos and stalking his Instagram page, we were sold!

It was the best decision we could have made (besides saying "I do" of course)! With the very first note he hit on his opening song "When a Man Loves a Woman" (do yourself a favor and look up his rendition on YouTube), the entire room rose to its feet in applause and we had the biggest grins on our faces. With a mix of Korean and English songs, both old and new, I know Jimmy kept all of our guests entertained for the whole night.

He also did a great job as MC for our traditional Korean Paebaek ceremony. As my family is Vietnamese and my wife's is Korean, Jimmy did a great job making sure everyone knew what was going on at all times. Furthermore, Jimmy also met with us during one of our trips to LA to go over everything. Meeting him in person only solidified our choice in booking him. Jimmy is not only a great singer and MC but also a very friendly and awesome person!

Profile Picture Thomas , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Entertainer

Yoomin and Jimmy were wonderful. Yoomin was our wedding planner and we met multiple times and introduced us to vendors that were top notch. She was always available to us for questions and had wonderful ideas. On the day of our wedding, Yoomin and her team kept everything moving the way it supposed to go and we had so many compliments.

Jimmy was our MC. I had a lot of compliments as well-he is a wonderful singer and was born to entertain! We also used their Dj (awesome playlist!), and photobooth. They helped us with the Gobo as well. They are quite a team! In all, I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone to have a wedding of their dreams, because that is what we got! I will always remember what they've done for us!

Profile Picture Rodney, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, MC

We booked JK Wedding Events because we saw Jimmy MC at a friend's wedding and his singing alone made us think "we have to book this guy". While his singing was certainly great and entertaining, the details we didn't catch as audience members, we quickly appreciated upon booking JK Wedding Events.

Jimmy met with us before the wedding and discussed what we might want along with how the makeup of our guests looked so he could give his input on how the wedding might flow. On the day of the wedding he clearly knew how to work the crowd and keep everyone engaged and having a good time (which was very evident from the view of the sweetheart table).

We also had Yoomin as our coordinator and I have to say she was a godsend! We can't imagine trying to handle the wedding without her. She was on top of every detail and followed up with us whenever we were slacking. There were so many little things leading up to the wedding we hadn't even thought about and if she wasn't there, would have been lost. At the end of the wedding, the coordinator crew packed everything up for us and put them into our car so that we could just leave without worrying about anything. All the reviews rave about Jimmy (and rightfully so), but Yoomin and her other coordinators deserve equal praise.

TLDR - Cannot recommend JK Wedding Events enough!

Profile Picture Steve, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Wedding Planning

JK Wedding team was THE best choice we have made for our most precious day of our lives. Although Jimmy was not available on our wedding day, he spent his time to meet with us and recommend us to an amazing venue, very reasonably priced photographer, and pretty much threw in the photobooth team as a bonus with a very minimal charge. On the other hand, our MC, his colleague Trixie Hong, was an AMAZING MC, great singer, and knew exactly how to keep all our guests entertained throughout the whole event. I would not think twice to recommend JK Wedding to ANYONE that is seeking for a wedding MC. Hands down the BEST!!

Profile Picture VICTOR, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Jimmy and his team was amazing! My (now) wife and I had a complicated situation where the wedding was in LA, I was stationed in Germany, and my wife was living in Baltimore for work. Based on our situation, we were worried about finding an MC/DJ team that would be responsive and understanding as we would all be communicating and coordinating in three different time zones. JK Wedding Entertainment & Events blew our expectations out of the water as they were not only EXTREMELY responsive throughout the entire process, but also expertly translated our intent perfectly during the actual event.

Not only did Jimmy and his team do an exceptional job, but they helped us with some of our more "unusual" requests. These included helping us find a Chinese translator, translating speeches into Korean, and managing a slide show that included Korean and Chinese translation throughout the wedding and reception!

During the actual event, Jimmy was EXTREMELY helpful in feeling out the crowd and advising my wife and I whether whether we needed to speed things up...or slow things down...and provide actionable solutions! Jimmy was the ultimate Master of Ceremonies...allowing my wife and I to enjoy our special day.

Last, but not least, Jimmy has an AMAZING singing voice and it was an awesome way to start our reception!

Profile Picture Cameron, 7/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I just had our wedding a week ago with the one and only Jimmy as our MC and it was an incredible day. Like many other reviewers, we had a pretty evenly mixed Korean and English speaking crowd and Jimmy did a great job making sure everybody felt comfortable and had a good time - but regardless of what language you speak, you cannot go wrong with Jimmy and JK Wedding Entertainment. Jimmy was a pleasure to work with during the preparation phase of our wedding and made things SO easy even when wifey and I started to get overwhelmed. We had some pretty specific things we wanted in terms of music and timing and JK and his crew were on top of it and everything went off without a hitch. A few days before the wedding Jimmy even helped us put together a picture slide show that was going on during dinner!

We have received so many compliments over the past few days about the wedding and about Jimmy our MC especially - Very good speaker with lots of positive energy, funny, and, it's true - a VERY talented singer! If this wedding entertainment thing doesn't work out Jimmy should record an album.

All and all my wife and I feel very fortunate and blessed to have had Jimmy as our MC.

Profile Picture Jon, 5/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired JK for our wedding DJ/MC, lighting, slideshow, drapery, and wedding planning. JK turned our wedding into a magical one! Jimmy and Yoomin, our wedding planner were very professional and pleasant to work with.
1. Jimmy did a great job as a bilingual MC, which has to be a lot harder than it sounds. We had a lot of first-generation Koreans and Americans mixed among our guests and he catered to both constituencies very naturally.
2. He was an awesome singer!
3. The music selection was excellent. ALL of our guests, without any exception, enjoyed the music.
4. The lighting (along with the flowers by Cityflowers) was beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks team JK for transforming my special day into a magical one!

Profile Picture Clara, 12/10/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Projector, Uplighting, Bilingual MC, MC, One Event Per Day

We worked with Jimmy for the business negotiation part of the vendor contact, but we had DJ Swan Yoo and MC Chris Kim at our actual event (wedding on 11/5/16).
Chris was so awesome. We needed a bilingual Korean/English MC for our wedding crowd and he seamlessly went back and forth in both languages to help everyone move the evening along and get everyone involved. We were able to attend another wedding that Chris was emceeing for before we signed our contract so we could get a feel for his style. He also met with us in person twice, helped put our timeline together and then reshape it for a Korean wedding - Korean guests love to jump ship as soon as they finish eating! We were most afraid of people leaving before the dancing even got started, but to our enjoyment, many stayed and had a great time. We let them have a lot of free reign as far as what songs to play, and I'm glad we trusted them to do so. Many guests came up to me throughout the evening to say they loved the songs they were playing! The communication was easy and it was such a pleasant experience to work with everyone that we did. Thank you for making it such a fun evening for us!

Profile Picture Kailen, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you would like a stress free event. I would highly recommend JK wedding and events. They took care of the lighting, music and coordination of our even. Our wedding night carried a nice flow and me and my husband did not have to worry about a thing. Jimmy and Yoomin are great and easy to communicate with. They are very detailed oriented as well. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Liz, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

We knew we wanted to hire Jimmy Koh and his team at JK Wedding Entertainment the very first time we met him at a friend's wedding. We were so impressed with his ability to facilitate the reception, communicate with a bilingual audience, and of course, sing (no joke, my matron of honor got physical goosebumps when he started singing at our wedding for the first time), we knew we had to have him. For our own wedding, Jimmy was extremely prompt and helpful throughout the planning process, and we were able to gain a lot of insight from his past experiences. We loved that he offered his opinions and suggestions, but didn't push us to format the reception in a certain way. Ultimately, we planned our reception to match our personalities (think: mellow dinner party), and Jimmy honored our wishes and made sure everything went smoothly. But based on other weddings we've attended that included Jimmy, we know he can also facilitate a great party too! We also wanted to briefly include that we also hired the jazz trio, who played for our ceremony and cocktail hour. The beautiful way in which they played our ceremony songs definitely impressed us and our guests, and made our ceremony all the more special!

Profile Picture Jihee, 10/23/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bilingual MC, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

JK Entertainment deserves more than 5 stars.
Very glad we hired him for our wedding in October 2016.
Unfortunately he was already booked to MC another event, but he found us a great DJ and when we needed some other last minute services he stepped up and was able to help us.
Jimmy is very responsive and helpful.
You will be very glad you hired him for your wedding or other event!

Profile Picture Ray, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Long review short, JK is experienced, very talented, amicable, and you will not regret having JK as your DJ/MC.

Before leaving a longer review for JK, here's a brief background and concerns we had during our planning phase.

-Had about 4 months of planning
-Planned for 80 guests that bloated to 140 (we forgot about plus ones)
-"American style" wedding with Korean toppings here and there.

Our concerns were:
-Minimal participation during dance time.
- That it's going to be a lame wedding.

That being said, we desperately needed someone who's bilingual and JK was our first glimpse of hope that our wedding will be fun and memorable for everyone!

First encounter:
- JK was very respectful and easy to get along with.
- Organized and detail oriented so nothing slips through the crack.
- Most importantly he was engaged and excited to help us with our wedding.
We definitely felt more comfortable and reassured after our meeting.

Following our meeting, we communicated via email and he answered all our questions and requests very promptly.

On the day of the wedding:
- JK showed up early and everything was set up without problem.
- Himself and his staff looked professional.
- Worked professionally with other vendors.
- All his equipments worked perfectly.
- JK will sing. And most, if not all, of our guests mentioned about how amazing his singing was.
- We had everyone, literally everyone, participate during the dance. I got to dance with my grandmother-in-law.

We wanted our wedding to be fun not just for us, but for everyone. We don't know how, but JK made it happen. We could not have had a better wedding and we want to thank JK and his crew for making our wedding better than perfect.

Profile Picture Daniel, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I are SO SO thankful that Jimmy was our MC for our February wedding. He was AWESOME. Having Jimmy as our MC was honestly one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding. Read on to find out why!

-He's a GREAT singer: Yes, you may think it is weird that he sings but this is actually one of the greatest reasons why you should book him. When he sings, it really gets the crowd going because he is a truly talented singer. I guarantee you that your guests will not stop raving about him and his excellent singing. All my guests were so amazed at his singing and my father said that one of the main reasons why my wedding was good was because he was our MC and his amazing singing skills.

-He's got the experience: He's been in the business for awhile and he's constantly booked, which means.. he absolutely knows what he is doing. Even when we met up with him to discuss some things before the actual wedding day, he was the one who came up with all the games. We told him previously that we would like a lot of games to be played and prizes to be given out so that our guests would have fun at the wedding. And they really did! They told me that there were no awkward silent moments and that Jimmy was very good at knowing when and how to speak to the crowd.

-Bilingual: He speaks both Korean and English, which was a major requirement for our wedding. I wanted all guests to participate so he did a great job with integrating both languages so that everyone understands and feels like they are a part of the wedding.

People say that the food and MC at your wedding either make or break your wedding. If you have Jimmy as your MC, you can put 100% trust that he will make your wedding truly a memorable, fun, and great experience for both you and your guests. Rest assured, your wedding will be awesome!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/13/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We found JK Wedding Entertainment through a friend. We are still friends because JK Wedding did such an amazing job. Jimmy and his DJ are amazing entertainers. Jimmy is funny and his singing is on point. The DJ was also very good. Wedding day can be hectic and hiccups can happen. We weren't immune to such hiccups (one of our vendor who were responsible for the lightings didn't show up). However, with the help of Jimmy, we had the time of our life. Thank you for being apart of our perfect day. Folks, if you hire JK entertainment, no matter what happens at your wedding, you are bound to still have a great time.
Jocelyn and Brandon
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Profile Picture Brandon, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wonderful singer amd DJ! Wedding was amazing :) Many of my guests complimented on his singing as well as how beautiful everything looked. Thank you!

Profile Picture anne, 2/8/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jimmy and his crew were amazing! Everyone was blown away by their performance and enjoyed their band. Our guests are still talking about his performance weeks after our wedding! We also had Jimmy and his crew for ceremony music, MC, DJ, and lighting. Jimmy is very easy to talk to and very quick to reply by email or text. I highly recommended Jimmy and his crew for weddings! Thank you guys for making our wedding unforgettable and special!

Profile Picture Sally, 8/30/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy Koh and his team were true professionals with so much experience and talent. All the guests were entertained and blown away by Jimmy's vocal abilities. He is a beautiful singer and a wonderful person to deal with. I had about 100+ emails exchanged between Jimmy and I and he always responded immediately with answers and a willingness to help and share ideas. I confidantly recommend Jimmy and his DJ for weddings and any other events. He is able to improvise and carry on a show like a true professional. Thank you Jimmy!

Profile Picture User3689647, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Jimmy and his whole crew including his wife who runs wedding coordination are literally the best in the business.

Thank you guys for making our wedding so fun and spectacular!!

Profile Picture Eugene, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Wedding Planning

I had the pleasure of working with Jimmy on a day of coordination wedding here in Las Vegas. I would recommend Jimmy to any bride who is looking for DJ with a little something different. He will sing and entertain your guest all night long. There was never a dull moment at the reception!!

Profile Picture Gina, 4/27/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

There aren't enough words to describe Jimmy and jk entertainment. My husband is Korean and I'm Mexican, so finding the write entertainment for our wedding was top priority for us. Thank goodness I ran into jk entertainment. He is such a talented singer and he was an excellent mc. My guests keep commenting on how he kept the wedding flowing smoothly. The bonus for me was that he was able to get my family dancing! He played the perfect balance of spanish and English music! His dj had us dancing till midnight! Thanks for making my wedding tons of fun!

Profile Picture jessy, 3/22/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Jimmy and his crew were great! They definitely made the night!

Profile Picture Yena, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

A wedding is something you want to cherish forever. And for the bride and groom, it can never be perfect enough of a wedding no matter how much you've prepared for it. Here's where Jimmy comes in. He will make your "already perfect wedding" into an indescribably magnificent party that no one will ever forget. His people skills and singing talents will go above and beyond your expectations and keep you and your guests entertained throughout the entire event. I cannot be thankful enough to be able to work with Jimmy. Please don't hesitate to give him a call. Very easy to work with and worry free!

Profile Picture Hee, 3/23/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jimmy was our MC at our wedding this past weekend. He was very professional and helpful. From the first day we met to the very end of the wedding event, he made sure we had everything in order. His live performances were great! He was very prompt and responsive to all our needs. The DJ was great because they had a great sound system and variety of music. Thanks a million!

Susana and James - 1/26/13 @ Universal Hilton, CA

Profile Picture James, 1/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer

At our initial meeting with Jimmy for DJ service, I was very impressed by his pleasant vibe and professionalism. Talking to him, I quickly realized that whoever emcees the reception can really make or break the party and didn't think twice to ask Jimmy to be our MC. He was already booked for my wedding date but he went above and beyond to accommodate my wedding! Having Jimmy was the best choice I made during my wedding planning. We signed with Jimmy only a month before the wedding, but thanks to his ample experience and wisdom, short preparation time was not a problem. Planning was so easy with Jimmy since he was already fully prepared to accommodate whatever request I may have. I was so short on time that I had to give him my playlist only two days before the wedding, with lots of last minute changes and yet he delivered all of my request with perfection. On the day of the wedding, Jimmy exceeded all expectations. He arrived early, professionally dressed and fully prepared. He sang at a dedication song at the ceremony, which was absolutely beautiful. During the cocktail hour, Jimmy made announcements to our guests for smooth transition. Then the reception was just lovely. Jimmy is an amazing singer indeed! I was so happy to hear my favorite songs live and all of my guests were in awe every time he sang! He was so great that the manager of reception venue complimented him and asked for his business card. His games were so fun and creative, there was not a single boring or awkward moment. He kept every one of my guests entertained and engaged, no one left early. I was so anxious about entertaining the guests, and Jimmy took care of it! All we had to do was relax and enjoy our special day! I got so many compliments from my guests, and they are still talking about how fun and entertaining my reception was! If you want to entertain your guest and have an awesome wedding that everyone talks about, definitely go talk to Jimmy. He will make your special day unforgettable!

Profile Picture MIN, 1/26/13, 1 Review