Jimmy Duffy Catering Reviews

80 | Downingtown, PA

80 Reviews for Jimmy Duffy Catering

80 Jimmy Duffy Catering Reviews

Martina · Married on 08/30/2018

What an experience.....it makes me want to do it all over again. Time to bite the bullet ...tie the knot....and all the planning still to be done. Was recommended Jimmy Duffy Catering by an old Aunt of mine, she appeared to know the story of the business and could tell me that it was steeped in hard work and intergenerational service. When she had finished we decided to contact. We have never been sorry. It was like stepping into a Fairy Tale where Mr. Pol Duffy and his wife Bernadette make a formidable couple who have a consumate knowledge of what it takes to plan a memorable wedding. From the mundane to the Cake it was a sublime experience where we moved from flawless tastings to planing our menu ..to arranging our color scheme and table sitting. We had a Riverdance theme...which was so much fun and we found that our host was able to give us a cupla focail as Gaeilge. Bernadette oversaw our food choices and turned them all green as only a woman with Irish blood can do...forthy shades made everything seem like home. We all want to say a big THANK YOU to all the team at Duffy's and we hope to continue the relationship for generations to come. What a find.

Katharine · Married on 03/24/2018

Jimmy Duffy was so so great to us. Jen and Marc were so flexible, working with us to create a menu at a very reasonable cost that was right for us and our guests. Every question we had they had an easy solution for, and they were so fun to work with. And our guests raved about the food! We got married at PAFA, where the choices were between Starr and Duffy. We were so impressed by Duffy's customer service, food and prices - I wouldn't have done it any other way!

erin · Married on 12/30/2017

Jimmy Duffy was so wonderful to work with! We got married at Excelsior and were so happy with the catering. Kaitlyn was so accommodating, friendly and easy to work with. She made wonderful suggestions when helping us plan our menu, making sure everything was tailored exactly to our liking - and the food was absolutely incredible! Our guests were raving about how delicious everything was. Kaitlyn and the Jimmy Duffy team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was exactly how we wanted it - they were on top of everything!

Mike · Married on 10/14/2017

We were married at Excelsior in Lancaster, PA in October 2017. Jimmy Duffy's Catering is the exclusive caterer at Excelsior and we were thrilled that was the case. We can't say enough about Kaitlyn, the Duffy rep who is responsible for Excelsior. From day one, Kaitlyn was on top of absolutely every detail. She's flexible, responsive, thorough, organized, and has the catering operation running like a well-oiled machine at Excelsior. Kaitlyn has a vested interest in helping the couples and she tries to take the stress off any time she can. Beyond Kaitlyn, the hors d'oeuvres, salad, entrees, and desserts received rave reviews from everyone in attendance. Wedding catering for a large party can be a tough feat to pull off, but Duffy's does an incredible job with it -- everything was delicious. Finally, the bartenders, wait staff, and chefs were all very friendly and accommodating. We'd highly recommend Duffy's for your wedding!

Katherine · Married on 09/03/2017

It was a pleasure working with Bernadette and the staff at Jimmy Duffy Catering. From the tasting, to crafting the menu, to email correspondence leading up to the big day, Bern was responsive, and put me at ease since I live about two hours away from our wedding venue. She was extremely friendly and flexible, adjusting our contract to accommodate last minute signature drink options, timeline changes, and revised guest counts. On the big day, the set up of the reception was seamless. It was exactly what I wanted the tables to look like! Throughout the night, the staff were friendly, attentive, and efficient. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer!

Debi · Married on 10/29/2016

Five stars are not nearly sufficient enough to express how very thrilled we were with Jimmy Duffy's! They catered our daughter's wedding this past October at PAFA (Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts) and, from the very start, Pol Duffy and his team could not have been more professional, kind, helpful and exceedingly attentive throughout the process. From the extraordinary tasting to handling every request beyond our expectations, they gave us their all for the most beautiful (and absolutely delicious!) catered event we have ever experienced! We will never forget Pol's commitment to making our wedding as perfect as it could possibly be. I would not hesitate to share our experience with others.

Jiahe · Married on 08/12/2016

I first met Bernadette during the open house night at Cairnwood. She was exceptionally professional and informative at a time when I still had no idea what I was doing. She worked with me on an initial menu, seating layout, general timeline; it was the right amount of information to help me structure my reception without overwhelming me. When we did not like the entrees offered during the tasting night, Bernadette went out of her way to schedule a follow-up tasting at the catering office to try additional entrees.

At NO point in the decision-making process did she come off as overly persuasive or pushy. Her professionalism and clear evidence of experience with handling weddings, along with the high quality entrees made Jimmy Duffy's the obvious choice as our caterer.

During the actual wedding, Bernadette and her staff were very gracious and attentive. They even made sure to provide a bottle of champagne and a generous platter of hors d'oeuvres in the bridal suite for my husband and me when we arrived at the reception venue after the ceremony. Throughout the night, there was a server who "shadowed" our parents as well to make sure that they were well taken care of. Our guests raved about Jimmy Duffy's from the cocktail hour to the dinner courses to the dessert bar.

In addition to the food, Bernadette handled the evening's flow of events seamlessly. Everything was packed and ready to go home with my parents by the end of the night by Bernadette and her staff. I've enjoyed working with her every step of the way in the wedding planning process. Choosing Jimmy Duffy's as our caterer for the wedding was one of the best wedding-related decisions that I made.

I cannot say enough about Duffy catering!!!! It was so easy communicating with Bernadette and she really customized our menu with the vision we had for the big day! More importantly, on the big day, her and staff made us feel like royalty! Everyone raved at how delicious the food was and the bridal party raved about the staff's attentiveness. There was nothing too much for Bernadette and staff the day of. I felt so at ease knowing I had her running the show. The day went smoothly and flawlessly because of Duffy catering. I would recommend her to any bride and groom. They know what they are doing, are professional and the food is out of this world. I can't thank Duffy catering enough for making my day perfect and memorable!

Mary · Married on 09/18/2015

I was planning our daughter's wedding from 2000 miles away. Our daughter had decided on Jimmy Duffys immediately and when I went back to a tasting, I could see why! Bernadette was always responsive to the many questions this Newbie had. As it got closer and the kids tweaked the menu, she was extremely flexible. the day before the event she met us at the venue and the day of, she was running the show-giving the parents peace of mind. oh, and did I mention how great the food was? The

Pol Duffy was a fun, caring, and helpful person to work with. He has an abundance of experience and was ready to share many tips and opinions with us. He was a great leader for his team and was flexible when the rain changed the original plan. Pol and his team helped us to come up with an amazing menu and the test tasting experience was a blast! The food at the wedding was fantastic and we received many compliments from our guests. All of the staff was polite and helpful.

• User5292073 · 2+ years ago

Exceptional quality and service for the price. they were very attentive and easy to work with. I highly recommend Jimmy Duffy for your catering needs. We had a very rainy day for our daughter's wedding and Pol and his staff went above and beyond to make the day perfect!

Gail · Married on 05/23/2015

Jimmy Duffy's catered my sons wedding this May. I felt our event was flawless. Duffy's set the space up (farm house) for maximum effeciency. Everyone raved about the food. The hors d'oeuvres were great, the raw bar was fabulous and the main course was out on time hot and delicious. And there was plenty of everything. The wait staff was also wonderful, attentive but not intrusive. I really cannot say enough about the services Jimmy Duffy's provided both in the planning months prior to the wedding and the actual day. They made
    our special day perfect!!

Liz · Married on 10/18/2014

Jimmy Duffy's was soooo amazing to work with!
    The food was so amazing! All my guests raved about how great it was from start to finish.
    Anne Schmidt was the best and so much fun to work with.

Catherine · Married on 05/24/2014

Duffy catering did a great job with my wedding. Multiple people commented to me that it was the best wedding food they ever had. They even accommodated my husbands particular meal needs. The wait staff was very friendly and a few guests commented on how much fun our bar tender was. Paul Duffy was great to work with in planning. He responded quickly to emails and got everything right down to the last detail. I thought they were overpriced at first but when the day got closer I realized how much behind the scenes work there was and planning leading up to it and every penny was well spent in my opinion when all was said and done. I would highly recommend Duffy catering!

Prerna · Married on 05/03/2014

Jimmy Duffy made our day so absolutely magical. Helene (our caterer) was just perfect. It was so clear to us (and our guests!) about how hard Jimmy Duffy worked during the event. Everyone raved about the food (the pear salad was a HUGE hit), the strawberry water (!), and, even more so, about the impeccable service. Jimmy Duffy's was incredibly flexible, well organized, efficient, professional and kind. Every time, I emailed Helene with a request, I got a reply within the day accommodating to it. She was excellent and almost functioned as a planner the day of. I cannot recommend her and the company highly enough!!!! Thank you Jimmy Duffy!!!!

Jeneane · Married on 11/16/2013

We are very pleased with this caterer. Their experience with catering weddings allowed us to be confident that things would go smoothly, and they did. Our contact Pol answered every question and even met with us at our home to accomodate our schedule. He somehow delivered fantastic food within our budget with no pressure whatsoever to increase expenses. When we were obviously caught up in the fun of the reception and losing sight of our timeline, he graciosuly brought us back down to earth and back on schedule. He even brought us plates of food when he noticed that we were too busy with entertaining to eat. I can see why Jimmy Duffy's is the preferred caterer of the venue for our celebration (Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts)

Tania · Married on 11/16/2013

I had a fantastic experience with Helene of Jimmy Duffy/PAFA. She was amazingly helpful during the wedding planning process, and she did a beautiful job on the day of the wedding. She kept things running smoothly and I had complete confidence in her ability to do so. I am so grateful to Helene and her staff for making our day so completely beautiful!

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2013

Jimmy Duffy Catering took on our wedding 2 months before our wedding date. My husband and I had another company that we hired to cater our wedding. Two months before the wedding we had to fire the other company because of extreme unprofessionalism and we didn't feel that they would provide excellent service. We explained our situation and Jimmy Duffy Catering took us under their wing and made us feel at ease. Everyone at that company was so nice and easy to work with. They were very accommodating. We talked more with them in those 2 months leading up to the wedding then we did with the other catering company that we had for almost a year. I highly recommend this catering company to every bride and groom! Their food and service was amazing! They gave us the most beautiful wedding and we can't thank them enough!

Kate · Married on 09/21/2013

I first decided to go with Jimmy Duffy's before even trying their food. Bernadette was so responsive and helpful to planning my wedding on our farm. She provided great insight and really made my wedding day spectacular. The food was so much better than anyone else's wedding that I have been to as well. It POURED on my wedding day and Kristy was there to make everything better. She organized my bridal party and set up the ceremony under the tent. It was perfect. The guests raved about our food and I even had a special plate of food for cocktail hour brought to me inside so I could savor it without interruption! I honestly get hungry every time I think about their food. You would be silly to not hire Jimmy Duffy's. They are simply the best. Thank you for EVERYTHING!

Our wedding at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts (Historic Land Mark Building) was more than we could have ever imagined! Judi from PAFA and Helene from Jimmy Duffy's are amazing people who helped create the wedding of our dreams. My husband and I looked at 19 venues around the Philadelphia area and PAFA was #19. From the moment we entered the building we knew it was exactly what we wanted! The building is breathtaking and our guests cannot stop talking about how amazing the wedding was! Jimmy Duffy's food and employees are incredible. I can't say enough good things about them. Everything was taken care of and I knew that when our big day came, I could just sit back, relax, and not have to worry about a thing! The food was hot, delicious, and they have a huge menu to choose from. We would highly recommed PAFA and Jimmy Duffy's to anyone looking for an breathtaking, fun, classic, elegant unforgettable wedding! The food was excellent, the venue is one of a kind, and the people of PAFA and Jimmy Duffy's are so warm, friendly, and attentive.

Emily · Married on 08/17/2013

We had our wedding at the Chester County Historical Society where Jimmy Duffy's is the exclusive caterer. We were worried at first that some of the initial menus they sent had a lot of extra charges, but in the end we were very happy with their services. Kristy was the best to work with! She gave me lots of tips about things I was having trouble deciding and was there to make sure everything ran smoothly that day. She went above and beyond to make our day special, and the food was great!

Kristen · Married on 08/04/2013

I highly recommend Jimmy Duffy's to anyone. They had incredible ideas for the decor and food- and the food was AMAZING. Everyone told me after our wedding that it was the best food they had ever had.

Karen · Married on 12/30/2012

Jimmy Duffy's is the best caterer, hands down to work with.
    We worked closely with Kristy Arnold, and she is top notch. Great service from Kristy, and everyone and Jimmy Duffy's. Oh, and the food is amazing!

Ashlee · Married on 11/10/2012

Would recommend Jimmy Duffy's to anyone! Bernadette and Kristy were so helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process. They were so amazing and we got everything we asked for an more. The staff was prefessional and friendly and the owners and sales reps were amazing, helpful and flexible. The food was unbeliveable as well!

• Rachael

Rachael · Married on 10/26/2012

We had our wedding reception at the Phoenixville Foundry and had the pleasure of working with Bernadette throughout the entire process. She was always quick to respond and was able to work within our budget. I was never apprehensive to send an email and explain my vision for our big day. The day of the wedding the entire staff was not only professional and friendly, but also efficient. They made sure my husband and I had whatever we needed and took care of all of our guests. The dinner was simply AMAZING! We had Beef Tenderloin and Sea Bass (get the sea bass, it is totally worth it!) The portions were perfect and cooked to perfection. Our family and friends said it was restaurant quality and not your typical wedding catering. A Big THANK YOU to Jimmy Duffy!