Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

80 Reviews for Jimmy Duffy Catering

No Pork (1)
Nut Free (1)
Organic (1)
80 Jimmy Duffy Catering Reviews

What an experience.....it makes me want to do it all over again. Time to bite the bullet ...tie the knot....and all the planning still to be done. Was recommended Jimmy Duffy Catering by an old Aunt of mine, she appeared to know the story of the business and could tell me that it was steeped in hard work and intergenerational service. When she had finished we decided to contact. We have never been sorry. It was like stepping into a Fairy Tale where Mr. Pol Duffy and his wife Bernadette make a formidable couple who have a consumate knowledge of what it takes to plan a memorable wedding. From the mundane to the Cake it was a sublime experience where we moved from flawless tastings to planing our menu ..to arranging our color scheme and table sitting. We had a Riverdance theme...which was so much fun and we found that our host was able to give us a cupla focail as Gaeilge. Bernadette oversaw our food choices and turned them all green as only a woman with Irish blood can do...forthy shades made everything seem like home. We all want to say a big THANK YOU to all the team at Duffy's and we hope to continue the relationship for generations to come. What a find.

Profile Picture Martina, 8/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Local, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Jimmy Duffy was so so great to us. Jen and Marc were so flexible, working with us to create a menu at a very reasonable cost that was right for us and our guests. Every question we had they had an easy solution for, and they were so fun to work with. And our guests raved about the food! We got married at PAFA, where the choices were between Starr and Duffy. We were so impressed by Duffy's customer service, food and prices - I wouldn't have done it any other way!

Profile Picture Katharine, 3/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I got married at Excelsior, where Jimmy Duffy is an exclusive caterer, but I am so happy because everything came out wonderfully! Kaitlyn, the representative for Duffy's at Excelsior, is awesome--on top of everything, friendly, and knowledgeable. The food was DELICIOUS and people are still raving about the grilled cheese bar at the cocktail hour! There was a small incident with a bartender at the wedding drinking a little too much, but Kaitlyn and Excelsior were on top of it right away. All in all, I had an awesome wedding in no small part to Kaityln and Jimmy Duffy's!

Profile Picture Jessica, 1/13/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, American, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Jimmy Duffy was so wonderful to work with! We got married at Excelsior and were so happy with the catering. Kaitlyn was so accommodating, friendly and easy to work with. She made wonderful suggestions when helping us plan our menu, making sure everything was tailored exactly to our liking - and the food was absolutely incredible! Our guests were raving about how delicious everything was. Kaitlyn and the Jimmy Duffy team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was exactly how we wanted it - they were on top of everything!

Profile Picture erin, 12/30/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were married at Excelsior in Lancaster, PA in October 2017. Jimmy Duffy's Catering is the exclusive caterer at Excelsior and we were thrilled that was the case. We can't say enough about Kaitlyn, the Duffy rep who is responsible for Excelsior. From day one, Kaitlyn was on top of absolutely every detail. She's flexible, responsive, thorough, organized, and has the catering operation running like a well-oiled machine at Excelsior. Kaitlyn has a vested interest in helping the couples and she tries to take the stress off any time she can. Beyond Kaitlyn, the hors d'oeuvres, salad, entrees, and desserts received rave reviews from everyone in attendance. Wedding catering for a large party can be a tough feat to pull off, but Duffy's does an incredible job with it -- everything was delicious. Finally, the bartenders, wait staff, and chefs were all very friendly and accommodating. We'd highly recommend Duffy's for your wedding!

Profile Picture Mike, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

It was a pleasure working with Bernadette and the staff at Jimmy Duffy Catering. From the tasting, to crafting the menu, to email correspondence leading up to the big day, Bern was responsive, and put me at ease since I live about two hours away from our wedding venue. She was extremely friendly and flexible, adjusting our contract to accommodate last minute signature drink options, timeline changes, and revised guest counts. On the big day, the set up of the reception was seamless. It was exactly what I wanted the tables to look like! Throughout the night, the staff were friendly, attentive, and efficient. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer!

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs

Jimmy Duffy was recommended by our venue, Farm at Eagles Ridge, and we worked with Bernadette who was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was fairly responsive, food was absolutely delicious, and after our meetings my Husband and I always felt like our wedding was starting to come along. The tasting event was great and they sat us with other couples getting married at our venue which was great so we could get their input about other vendors. During the day of the wedding Duffys' specifically assigned someone to bring us drinks and whatever we wanted, which was great and a nice touch. We had a small issue with fish running out, but after consideration we came to understand the circumstances and Duffys immediately offered to reimburse those meals. Overall, Duffys had great food and good service. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Bianca, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink
4.2

We originally chose Jimmy Duffy because it was the only option available from our venue. We originally worked with Kaitlyn, who was extremely difficult to get in touch with, regardless of whether I emailed her or called her cell phone. I had to wait a week - sometimes more - just to get a response on small inquiries. I had to pester her for several weeks to get a copy of the contract signed by her and I had to email her several times to have to get the food items on our menu correct. We went to a tasting that Jimmy Duffy hosted and the food was AMAZING. Kaitlyn did work with us to make the vegetarian meal into a side, which was great. A couple weeks before the wedding, our sales person was switched to Paul, who was much better. He always responded within 24 hours. He was helpful in providing last minute information and ensuring our tables were correct. The day of the wedding, the lead Jimmy Duffy person was amazing! She made sure that my husband and I had all the food we needed and wanted, as well as helping by telling us how to do a cake cutting. My guests have raved about the quality of the food and for good reason.

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Local, Lactose Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s)
1.0

I was not looking for a wedding reception caterer and that may have been the start of a downhill experience. I am hosting a baby shower and I wanted "fine" heavy hors d'oeuvres ". No one got back to my inital email notifcation so I had to call. Had a discussion with a gentleman about my plan and said he would get back to me. Again another 3 days and no word nor email. I call again " am I doing something wrong" I ask. The lady spoke to me and basically told me that they really don't do these kind of selection and that there would be a need for 2 servers , and the menu supports butler serve appetizers. I sense they only want full course events. There was zero sense of assistance and zero initiative to work with me. So if you are doing a full course event, I am sure they will accommodate your wishes. For a decadent baby shower, not happening. Btw, your survey for the blog only suports weddings. This was for a shower

Profile Picture Diane, 4/1/17, 1 Review
0.9

I would highly not recommend working for this company. It's a joke. Not only did they not have my boyfriend or I fill out W-2 forms, but they didn't pay either one of us for almost two months and were highly unprofessional. The lack of communication was very prominent, and they could not get our hours right for anything. The person in charge did not track hours and we had to make multiple attempts to get paid. They sent us on a three hour mission one way to pick up a check that they already mailed, so it was a waste of six hours, and gas money. How they are in business still is beyond me.

Profile Picture Kayla, 2/22/17, 1 Review
1.2

The food was great. And that's about it. The first contact we worked with quit. The second contact we worked with we met once, and never showed up for the wedding. The wait staff were teenagers who were poorly dressed, and the bar staff who were supposedly veterans with the company acted as though they had never worked at the venue before. Wedding items were haphazardly thrown into our vehicles for load out after our wedding, and many things were broken including our wedding guestbook sign and cake topper. Some items went missing altogether and whoever I spoke to in the office did not seem to care. I never got a final invoice for the balance that we owed the week of the wedding, and two months after the wedding when I was sent the invoice it was incorrect. Once it was corrected we sent the check out to the company, only to receive multiple e-mails that stated they gave us the wrong address and then that they were sending the check back because the company name had changed. We are still waiting to hear back from the company on final payment arrangements, although at this point five months after the actual wedding I don't know why we should owe them anything.

Profile Picture Sara, 12/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Five stars are not nearly sufficient enough to express how very thrilled we were with Jimmy Duffy's! They catered our daughter's wedding this past October at PAFA (Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts) and, from the very start, Pol Duffy and his team could not have been more professional, kind, helpful and exceedingly attentive throughout the process. From the extraordinary tasting to handling every request beyond our expectations, they gave us their all for the most beautiful (and absolutely delicious!) catered event we have ever experienced! We will never forget Pol's commitment to making our wedding as perfect as it could possibly be. I would not hesitate to share our experience with others.

Profile Picture Debi, 10/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

We worked with Kaitlyn at Duffy’s as part of our wedding at Excelsior in October, and we were very happy with the food and service. Kaitlyn was great – she was accommodating and always available via phone, and worked very well with all of our other vendors. The presentation of the food and drinks were beautiful, and everyone really enjoyed their meals. We would recommend Duffy’s to other couples for their wedding!

Profile Picture User5638286, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering

I first met Bernadette during the open house night at Cairnwood. She was exceptionally professional and informative at a time when I still had no idea what I was doing. She worked with me on an initial menu, seating layout, general timeline; it was the right amount of information to help me structure my reception without overwhelming me. When we did not like the entrees offered during the tasting night, Bernadette went out of her way to schedule a follow-up tasting at the catering office to try additional entrees.

At NO point in the decision-making process did she come off as overly persuasive or pushy. Her professionalism and clear evidence of experience with handling weddings, along with the high quality entrees made Jimmy Duffy's the obvious choice as our caterer.

During the actual wedding, Bernadette and her staff were very gracious and attentive. They even made sure to provide a bottle of champagne and a generous platter of hors d'oeuvres in the bridal suite for my husband and me when we arrived at the reception venue after the ceremony. Throughout the night, there was a server who "shadowed" our parents as well to make sure that they were well taken care of. Our guests raved about Jimmy Duffy's from the cocktail hour to the dinner courses to the dessert bar.

In addition to the food, Bernadette handled the evening's flow of events seamlessly. Everything was packed and ready to go home with my parents by the end of the night by Bernadette and her staff. I've enjoyed working with her every step of the way in the wedding planning process. Choosing Jimmy Duffy's as our caterer for the wedding was one of the best wedding-related decisions that I made.

Profile Picture Jiahe, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Very flexible, attentive staff, overall it worked out great

Profile Picture User6223938, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

I cannot say enough about Duffy catering!!!! It was so easy communicating with Bernadette and she really customized our menu with the vision we had for the big day! More importantly, on the big day, her and staff made us feel like royalty! Everyone raved at how delicious the food was and the bridal party raved about the staff's attentiveness. There was nothing too much for Bernadette and staff the day of. I felt so at ease knowing I had her running the show. The day went smoothly and flawlessly because of Duffy catering. I would recommend her to any bride and groom. They know what they are doing, are professional and the food is out of this world. I can't thank Duffy catering enough for making my day perfect and memorable!

Profile Picture Gina, 12/4/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, American, Italian, Local, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Set Up

I was planning our daughter's wedding from 2000 miles away. Our daughter had decided on Jimmy Duffys immediately and when I went back to a tasting, I could see why! Bernadette was always responsive to the many questions this Newbie had. As it got closer and the kids tweaked the menu, she was extremely flexible. the day before the event she met us at the venue and the day of, she was running the show-giving the parents peace of mind. oh, and did I mention how great the food was? The

Profile Picture Mary, 9/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Pol Duffy was a fun, caring, and helpful person to work with. He has an abundance of experience and was ready to share many tips and opinions with us. He was a great leader for his team and was flexible when the rain changed the original plan. Pol and his team helped us to come up with an amazing menu and the test tasting experience was a blast! The food at the wedding was fantastic and we received many compliments from our guests. All of the staff was polite and helpful.

Profile Picture User5482551, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Asian, Latin American, Local, Vegan, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables
4.7

I thought Duffy's was a great value and all of our guests commented on how great the food was!

Profile Picture User5294753, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Exceptional quality and service for the price. they were very attentive and easy to work with. I highly recommend Jimmy Duffy for your catering needs. We had a very rainy day for our daughter's wedding and Pol and his staff went above and beyond to make the day perfect!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Jimmy Duffy Caterer contributed greatly into creating such a memorable wedding for my husband and I. The food was beyond perfect and tasted amazing, the waitstaff was consistently on point and very very professional, & all the extras I had given them to do, they set up them up & were executed exactly how I pictured it all. All of our guests are still raving about the perfectly cooked tenderloin (that I quote: "you could cut it with a fork"), to the specialty cocktails made to perfection that allowed the guest to show off their latest dance moves, and how smoothly everything ran (they all said if something was wrong, they never notice it!). Having great food & drinks to me are what really make a wedding a perfect event and Duffy's fully delivered on all of it! I would HIGHLY recommend Duffy's to anyone and hope to use them again in the future!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Jimmy Duffy's catered my sons wedding this May. I felt our event was flawless. Duffy's set the space up (farm house) for maximum effeciency. Everyone raved about the food. The hors d'oeuvres were great, the raw bar was fabulous and the main course was out on time hot and delicious. And there was plenty of everything. The wait staff was also wonderful, attentive but not intrusive. I really cannot say enough about the services Jimmy Duffy's provided both in the planning months prior to the wedding and the actual day. They made
our special day perfect!!

Profile Picture Gail, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The hot appetizers were especially delicious and got the best guest feedback.

Profile Picture Kristy, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Jimmy Duffy's was soooo amazing to work with!
The food was so amazing! All my guests raved about how great it was from start to finish.
Anne Schmidt was the best and so much fun to work with.

Profile Picture Liz, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Accommodating, tasteful menu selections and affordable

Our experience with Duffy's Catering was great! Pol Duffy was very helpful during the process. He helped us create a custom menu to represent both cultures of the bride and groom and was very flexible with adding & removing items. Our guests were amazed with the details and scrumptiousness of Mexican & Indian cuisines. The best part was during the day of our wedding Pol sent his crew to our photo session to deliver appetizers and drinks and personally supervised a lot of the preparations, table servings and cake cutting during the wedding reception.

The only thing we were upset with was some of the minor details that were overlooked by the crew for example, such as placing our party favor boxes on the guests' plate and arrangement of the place cards prior to seating. The display and arrangements of desserts were subpar to our expectation and could have been better. Make sure you go over ALL details before the wedding day. Overall, Duffy and his catering staff came through for us!

Profile Picture User3785906, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews