Jimmy Chu Photography Reviews

75 | Bayside, NY

75 Reviews for Jimmy Chu Photography

Drew · Married on 09/20/2015

I have used Jimmy Chu twice now within the last two years! He has a great eye for detail, and is willing to do whatever to get the best images. His passion and skills stood out to is on our first photo shoot, which is why we wanted to book him the second time. I plan on using him again in the future, and I hope you will look into his photos!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Arabelle · Married on 07/09/2015

Jimmy listened to me and understood my vision. The photos were better than I imagined!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Debby · Married on 07/03/2015

Jimmy is such a talented photographer. We had so much fun at the shoot. He is so passionate and creative we can see it from our engagement pictures. We were really happy with the results. We highly recommend Jimmy Chu for your engagement and wedding pictures.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Jennifer A. · Married on 06/06/2015

It was such a pleasure to have worked with Jimmy as our wedding photographer. He is not only extremely talented, attentive and professional creating amazing shots he is enthusiastic, friendly, and hardworking. I would absolutely recommend Jimmy for any services whether it's engagement, wedding, or family events. Thank you Jimmy for capturing memories from our wedding and making us feel so at ease!!!

Sent on 08/29/2015
  • Kirsty

Kirsty · Married on 05/21/2015

Jimmy Chu is the most professional photographer, he's amazing at what he does, I couldn't fault him, I wish we could do our wedding again, our photos were stunning. Thank you Jimmy.

Sent on 04/10/2016

Jimmy was fantastic! He's definitely very talented, easy to work with, and professional. He absolutely deserves 5/5 across the board. My wife and I really enjoyed the process and loved the results. I would recommend him to my friends!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Karen · Married on 05/16/2015

Jimmy is hands down the most awesome, amazing, and professional photographer one can hope for. Jimmy first shot my engagement photos in central park. I must say, posing and looking lovingly into your partner's eyes is more different than one can imagine. With Jimmy's guidance, my husband and I were able to look natural during our shots. We had a total blast during the shoot, filled with lots of laughter and fun. After seeing the photos from central park, we knew that we had to book him for our wedding. We did a second engagement shoot at Tribeca, and you can see Jimmy's versatility and talent in his photos. At the wedding, he did a wonderful job. He managed to capture our guests - all 300+. He was attentive throughout the whole reception. He was so spectacular that even our friends and families noticed it.

He was a total pleasure to work with. Wedding planning is difficult and it was a breath of fresh air to work with someone so easy going. You honestly cannot go wrong with having Jimmy capture your once in a lifetime moment.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Jenna · Married on 02/13/2015

Amazing talent with such a great eye for what will work in print! We featured in a top magazine since the wedding with several of his shots & this is another fabulous keep sake from our big day xx

Sent on 04/03/2016

Amy · Married on 12/29/2014

Jimmy captured some fantastic photos of our wedding day in New York, I love looking back at the fantastic photos. Very friendly and professional. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Jason · Married on 10/13/2014

Jimmy was professional, courteous and understood our wishes and ideas to make our wedding pictures the best at capturing our most memorable time.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Jimmy was extremely helpful and worked to what our needs were. His provided great direction and his photos are beautifule

Sent on 12/23/2014

Jason J. · Married on 08/28/2014

Highly recommended photographer!!!

Jimmy was extremely professional and offered lots of good advice for planning the wedding. He was very flexible with scheduling and had very creative photos. I highly recommend Jimmy for your photography needs.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Cindy · Married on 07/19/2014

We could not be happier using Jimmy to help us capture the moments of our special occasion. Luckily, a friend referred Jimmy to us. We hired Jimmy to take our engagement pictures, wedding day pictures and produce the album.

For those who plan to use him in the future, you will experience his professionalism during your first meeting. When you start working with him, you will notice his artistic talents. During our engagement shoot, we were very confused by the positions and angles he was taking pictures from and poses he placed us into. After looking at the finished product, it was amazing. He took the picture and seemed to capture all the emotions surrounding us as well, truly priceless. We just had our wedding this past weekend and he helped us managed a very hectic day by taking the lead with our other vendors as well. We haven't seen the final product yet but from our experience with Jimmy we are expecting something amazing.

Sent on 07/27/2014
  • Louise

Louise · Married on 06/06/2014

I could not have asked for a better photographer. Jimmy was amazing, he was professional, creative, friendly, put us at ease.

If you're after amazing photos of your wedding or any special event you HAVE to book Jimmy. When we return to New York we will be having another shoot with him. I've even got colleagues that after seeing my photos want to book him when they go to NYC.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/03/2014

Jimmy is amazing!

The quality of his work is outstanding! He offers fair pricing for a photographer in NYC. (We all know some of them are crazy expensive)

Jimmy is a blast to work with. He really makes you feel comfortable and is super creative.

We had our engagement and wedding photos done by Jimmy and they are all stunning! We are absolutely in love with all of them!

Jimmy is amazing! Everything from the quality of the photos to the pleasantness of being around him! Just a great experience!!!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/31/2014

Jimmy is amazing! We had our engagement photos as well as our wedding (we eloped) photos with Jimmy.

Jimmy is very fun to be around and attentive. The photos are all beautiful! We will never hire another photographer.

Jimmy offers very fair prices for the quality.

Amazing experiences both times working with Jimmy!

Sent on 09/05/2014
  • F

Francis · Married on 05/24/2014

Jimmy is simply the best. It's a no brainer IMO.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Jimmy is a talented photographer and a very nice person to work with. He has a vision, but he is also very attentive to one's demands and needs. Jimmy did our engagement and wedding pictures and the results were amazing. He is very discreet, and can therefore capture every little moment. I am very glad we picked him, and would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 07/04/2014

Valentino · Married on 02/14/2014

Jimmy made this day such an amazing memorable wedding for my husband and I. I would definitely recommend him to anyone staying in NYC. We are from Dallas Texas and was very nervous at first booking a long distance photographer but he was very professional since day one and committed to his word, day/time and contract. The pictures came out amazing! I will be calling you soon Jimmy when we go to NYC again!!!!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Jimmy Chu's professionalism and work is simply spectacular. The quality of the photos speak for themselves. We hired Jimmy Chu's company for our engagement photos and wedding photography (Hindu wedding ceremony) and he really captured us and our ceremony with an amazing eye, a discerning level of detail and great sensitivity. We are really impressed with his creativity, the beauty of the photos and the quality of his work. He is our go-to photographer for everything. We highly recommend his photography work.

• User3791930 · 2+ years ago

Jimmy is a very special talent, you would be very pleased with his worl

Ben · Married on 08/03/2013

Great vision and creativeness. Very easy to work with. Our wedding pictures came out beautifully. We also used him for our engagement photo.

Nam · Married on 05/25/2013

Jimmy was extremely professional and patient. His dedication was evident as he took our engagement pictures in 17 degree weather by the water. No complaints just smiles came from him. On the day of our crazy wedding, he was able to capture some truly amazing candid shots as well as artistic shots. I was pleased to see that my wedding pictures sure looked more beautiful then the stormy, rainy day that occurred. I would recommend Jimmy any time.

Sent on 01/07/2014

My fiance and I scheduled a last minute photo shoot over labor day weekend. We live out of town and happened to be back in New York for the weekend. Jimmy was able to send over a contract quickly and work out the details of the shoot. He picked the perfect location and even arrived early to scope out the area for the best photo spots. We had the best time-the 2 hours flew by and we loved our photos. He made us feel very comfortable and we really enjoyed working him. Would definitely recommend him for engagement or anniversary pictures!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Jimmy was a pleasure to work with. He's accommodating and understanding.
    His work/style can be very different in a good way. He has good ideas and a eye to capture very unique candids. We've compared our album to our family and friends engagement/wedding albums...and ours are definitely more memorable by far. We have quite a few photos that we want to blow up soon and hang up on the wall. His style is technical, modern and contemporary. As with any photographer, I would make a shot list for him and discuss ideas so that you can receive the best product. Overall he is a wonderful person to work with and we recommend him.

Sent on 07/14/2015