Jill Bates Fashion Reviews

Jill Bates Fashion 1
Jill Bates Fashion 2

Kat Madsen · Married on 06/29/2019

Excellent alterations!

I used Jill Bates Fashion to do my wedding dress alterations. I didn't have much contact with Jill as Colleen did my alterations, but what interaction I did have with Jill she was very friendly and very knowledgable when it comes to wedding dresses. Colleen who did my alterations was fabulous. She's such a sweetheart and my dress fit perfectly. She replaced the button loops on the back of my dress because the ones that came with the dress weren't very good (Colleen was afraid they would pop) and she did a great job, you couldn't even tell it wasn't original. So happy I chose Jill Bates Fashion!

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Jill Bates Fashion 3
    Jill Bates Fashion 4

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2018

Jill is amazing! She modernized my grandmother’s wedding dress from 1941. It turned out absolutely stunning! She was helpful with suggestions and made changes that I asked for. Jill Bates was wonderful to work with. I highly recommend Jill Bates Fashion!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Maria · Married on 07/29/2017

Jill did a fabulous job altering my wedding gown and handled it with care. She was professional, kind and a pleasure to work with. I was so happy with the way my dress turned out. I also loved the bustle that she created and received so many compliments on it.

Sent on 08/27/2017

Megan · Married on 06/17/2017

Jill was a godsend. My wedding dress was a lot of dress to handle and Jill had no problem. At my first fitting, 6-8 months after ordering and trying on the dress for the first time, we had out fitting. The dress was too small and I was having complete anxiety attacks. Jill did not hesitate to take on the challenge of altering this dress and was supportive and kind throughout all of it. Of all my vendors, Jill came through in the most important way, ensuring the dress fit! I will go to her with any alterations I ever need again and would recommend her to anyone who needed alterations. She was the best!!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Julia · Married on 09/10/2016

Jill has been amazing! I have gone to her several times for alterations as a bridesmaid. Having had chest and back surgery before, it is very rare to find a bridesmaid dress that fits without alterations. Whether it's been something as simple as taking the bust in, or helping me alter a dress to fit my slightly asymmetrical body better.. Jill has been a dream! She is always willing to work around my work schedule, always timely and someone with tons of experience. When there's not an easy fix, Jill is great at getting crafty to deliver exactly what I have had in mind. I would highly recommend her to family and friends.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Emily · Married on 07/30/2016

What can I say about Jill? She is a mastermind and very skilled with the needle! I came to her with my super-beaded dress and requested that she make it strapless, take it in here, add boning here, etc etc. She saw my vision and was able to recreate it perfectly. My dress was absolutely gorgeous!!! She did such a great job, and I would highly recommend her. She also hemmed my mom's dress. We were both very happy working with Jill!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Camille · Married on 08/29/2015

Jill updated my mother's wedding dress so that I could wear it at my wedding. She had to let it out a bit in the chest area :) and add some panels to the sides. After a dry cleaning, the dress looked so much brighter. She then added the panels carefully. In the end, you couldn't even tell the panels were there. She was so very careful and gentle with the dress. Since I was not using the veil, she carefully lifted the little flowers off the veil lace and used them to repair the matching flowers on the bodice. Her attention to detail made the dress so perfect - she even fixed the way the dress bustled to make it easier to do. We went in several times for fittings along the way and each time there was so much progress made on the dress. It was ready in plenty of time for the wedding, and Jill was so easy and nice to work with. Thank you, Jill!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/14/2014

I worked with Jill regarding my wedding dress alterations. I had a very detailed dress and a lot of work needed to be done. When I went in for my 2nd fitting I could not believe the amazing work she had done. My dress fit perfectly and she added a bustle that didn't distract from the detail of the dress one bit. I also hired her for the day of my wedding to do my dress up and make sure that everything was perfect. Not only did she help me with my dress on my wedding day, she also made sure my jewelry, veil and dress laid perfectly before I walked down the aisle and she helped all of my bridesmaids to make sure their dresses fit perfectly too. Working with Jill for my wedding gown alterations and having her come the day of the wedding was the best decision I made. For any future alterations I need Jill will be the only person I work with.

Sent on 06/20/2014

Sylvia · Married on 10/26/2013

Jill did a great job altering my mother-of the-groom dress. The work was finished on time the alterations were perfect!! The dress looked exactly like I wanted it to.

Caroline · Married on 10/20/2013

I was in looking for someone to alter my dress for my renewal of vows and someone that I could trust. I called a few people and they all recommended Jill. She was fabulous! I was there at the end of August to finalize wedding "stuff" and she fit me in and dress was ready before I had to go home to NC! She is amazing and the job was done wonderfully. You cannot tell it was altered at all.

chris · Married on 10/05/2013

Not only is Jill a wonderful seamstress, but going to her shop is a comfortable experience. Jill is friendly, enjoyable to talk with and she makes you feel right at home.

Christina · Married on 10/05/2013

My dress looked amazing and was exactly what I dreamed of it looking like!! :)

Sent on 12/29/2013

Jill is a wonderful designer, seamstress, and person. I had a unfortunate experience at the salon where I bought my designer wedding dress, and Jill saved the day when she took on the alterations of my dress just two weeks before my wedding. She responded to my worried call promptly and professionally. She explained every detail of the alterations to me, and really took the time to make me feel comfortable. Her careful and delicate work on my lace dress made it feel and look even more beautiful on my wedding day. The beautiful bustle she created for my train made it look so romantic throughout the reception, and allowed me to dance the night away. Jill also creates and sells lovely scarves that I purchased as gifts for my bridesmaids. She even created a special garter that was gifted to me by my mom that incorporated the lace on my dress. Overall, I had a wonderful experience working with Jill and I will not forget the relief I felt leaving my dress alterations in her hands. Brides will feel like the princess they deserve to be after leaving Jill Bates Fashion!

Sent on 12/19/2013

I use a wheelchair to get around and needed a wedding dress that would fit while seated. The seamstress from the store where I purchased my wedding dress was afraid to work on someone like me, never listened to what I had to say and made the dress look worse on me. I called Jill and explained my situation to see what she might be able to do to fix the mistakes that had been made with the dress. Jill accepted the challenge, she handled the situation with grace and did an amazing job. She listened to my concerns and incorporated my suggestions while we collaborated on making the dress fit perfectly for my special day. She was worth the cost of her services...you get what you pay for and I would go to her again!!!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Jenna · Married on 08/24/2013

Jill was so great to work with, she did everything to make my dress fit like a glove! She added in extra layers under my dress to make it absolutely perfect! She is so friendly and helpful, I would recommend her to anyone!

Jayne · Married on 08/24/2013

Perfect all around. I'm so glad I found you. You embraced my dress remodel, calmed me down, found the perfect scarf, and even steamed my daughter's dress at the last minute. I can't thank you enough. I will come by with a picture!

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2013

Jill did an amazing job on the alterations of my wedding dress and my mom's Mother of the Bride dress. Because of her, our dresses fit perfectly on my wedding day! I would highly recommend working with Jill!

Stacey · Married on 08/17/2013

Jill was such a pleasure to work with! The alterations she did on my dress were absolutely perfect! So friendly and professional! I am so glad I found her, I knew I was in good hands the moment I met her! I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 12/16/2013

Jill is one amazing seamstress! I had a lot of dress and it required someone who was very skilled and determined. I was so worried about the fact that my dress needed to be taken in at the bust, shortened, and bustled. She was so accommodating and always got back with us, and was very sensitive to the fact that I lived in town, and my mom lived out of town. She made my dress look GORGEOUS, you wouldn't have even known it needed as much work. The key to alterations is finding someone who is very good at what they do and not cutting corners to save costs. It is worth it; I highly recommend Jill Bates Fashion for wedding and special occasion dresses

Sent on 08/14/2013

Jill Bates saved me from so much stress in coming up with a beautiful mother-of the bride dress - I had very specific needs as to color, sleeve length - Jill had great ideas for original design details that fit my needs perfectly - the quality of the workmanship was top-notch. Just as important was Jill's own extremely friendly, comforting and reassuring manner. The entire experience was wonderful and I would definitely recommend Jill Bates Fashion to others.

Sent on 12/20/2013

I would highly recommend Jill Bates. She helped to alter my bridesmaid dress and did a fabulous job. It was done on time and just to my liking.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Gayl · Married on 06/29/2013

Jill has always been very professional and her work is high quality. Each time I have used her for alterations she has been able to schedule my appointment as well as complete the task in a very reasonable amount of time. I highly recommend her for any type of alterations.

Sent on 12/26/2013

MEGHAN · Married on 06/22/2013

I enjoyed working with Jill. I had seen her work before and was comfortable with her working on my wedding dress. She was also flexible regarding my out of state residence and was always able to accomodate me when I came to Rochester for a weekend visit.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Jen and Jim · Married on 06/15/2013

Jill was AMAZING and worth every penny! I was so terrified that I would be hoisting up my strapless dress through the night. NOPE not at all. My wedding dress was SPOT on...even the bustle was beautiful..and who ever says that! I received (and still receive compliments on my gown!

Sent on 02/16/2014