[JG] Judy + Gavin Reviews

79 Reviews for [JG] Judy + Gavin

1 User photo

[JG] Judy + Gavin 1

Jennifer · Married on 10/22/2011

Judy is super nice and is a pleasure to be around with especially on your wedding day. She answers all your questions in a timely manner. Super responsive! It's easy to contact her through email. Her pictures are amazing. She was able to do a little teaser slide show of the pcitures she took up to our recepition and they were amazing! It's unbelieveable that she can take any back drop and turn it into an amazing photo. Gavin, who is Judy's husband, was our second photographer and is amazing to work with too! He really knows how to capture the moment. This husband and wife team work super well together. I would highly recommend hiring both of them if you are looking for a photographer.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Karen · Married on 10/01/2011

We are 100% satisfied of Judy and Gavin service. We love their work from the start. Their flexibility and very easy to work with. My husband and I love how passionate about their job as a photographer and very honest and genuine personality to work with. I had bad experienced in the past with different photographer that was mean and rude to get their job done. I was very picky at choosing a photographer for the wedding, and I found Judy and Gavin, was not only a satisfaction but also a blessing to have met them. I would want them to work with me on the future family portraits. All my bridal party and family love the pictures turned out, and how much fun my bridesmaids and groomsmen taking photo shoots by them. Gavin is amazingly talented at his work, he is very honest and fun to work with, he would teach you how to do cool posts. Judy is such a fun person to be around with, her work of art is also amazing and she is a super hard worker. They both are very cute and lovely couple to work together. I am grateful to have them to be a part of my life time event.

Sent on 05/05/2012

Carolina · Married on 09/25/2011

Planning a wedding can be a stressful process from the beginning to the end. One way to alleviate this stress is to select vendors that you can trust to do a great job. Judy and Gavin are one of those vendors. I found Judy by a fluke while looking through wedding pictures taken at our wedding venue. I was blown away by the artistic and dramatic quality of her pictures. I immediately set up an appointment for my fiancé and I to meet with her. It is important to us that we get along with our photographer. Having a crabby photographer ordering you into poses can get old real quick. Our first meeting with Judy lasted for two hours! She showed us her portfolio, went over her contract, and we asked lots of questions. We were immediately taken over by her energy, perkiness, and enthusiasm.

We had a lot of fun on our engagement session, and Judy’s passion for her art became more evident as she rolled up her pants and jumped into a fountain just to get a good shot. After our engagement session, we decided to take the package deal and also book Gavin as our videographer (and 2nd photographer). We like the convenience of not having to spend time looking for a videographer, who may not get along with the photographer. We only met Gavin the day of the wedding and liked his personality right away. It is a big plus that Judy and Gavin are both personable, who also got along with our family and guests. They are also receptive to our ideas and requests, and didn’t mind spending more time to get great shots or shots that we wanted. We never once sensed that they were being impatient or rushing to leave even toward the end of our wedding day, this says a lot about their dedication. It is quite obvious that they are enjoying themselves and making it fun while they work. As a result, our wedding pictures turned out AMAZING! We kept getting comments from people that the pictures look like they came out of a magazine spread. And of course they complimented our photographer for making us LOOK that good! In a nutshell, if you want kick-ass pictures that you will cherish forever, you should seriously consider hiring Judy and Gavin.

Sent on 12/25/2011

Carmen · Married on 09/17/2011

It took me a long time to find a photographer but after I met Gavin and saw his work, I knew instantly that he was the one. He has a lovable personality and is easy to talk to. I can also tell that he really loves his job and is motivated to take great pictures. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Dennis · Married on 08/20/2011

Too bad Facebook doesn't have a "love" button, we would totally click it! Gavin and Judy are AMAZING! They are very professional yet personable and all around great people. They're gifted in picking just the right moments to capture and we now have amazing photographs as a result. We knew from the moment we met them they were the perfect photographers for us. We have amazing pictures that will provide us with a lifetime of memories from our wedding. We highly recommend them.

Sandra and Dennis
    Married 8/20/2011 and the lived happily ever after :D

Sent on 10/25/2011
  • O

Anchesa · Married on 08/14/2011

It is totally worth having Judy and Gavin to be our photographers. We got the most beautiful engagement and wedding photos we both have ever seen. Not only amazing photographers,they are also fun people to work with. Let us tell you guys how we appreciate what they did for us

1) They both are such a great teamwork, the way they worked each shot was very quick , professional, productive and finally the pictures came out amazingly just the way we liked :)

2) They brought the best in us to show in the frame ; the characters and the feelings had been zoomed in and expressed in each photo naturally and beautifully.

3) They worked hard and smart beyond what we expected. We had a Jewish ceremony at a Jewish temple where they weren't allowed to take picture during the ceremony , but we did get some nice shots of that moment in the ceremony which made us very satisfied how they did for us.^3^.
    :) Now we both are really happy to have a bunch of beautiful pictures taken by them to look at and to share for the rest of our lives....
    Thanks again to Judy, Gavin and Steven

Sent on 09/27/2011

Joy · Married on 07/30/2011

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Judy and Gavin! If we could give them 10 stars, we would. We love them so much that we have determined that they will be our photographers for life! As an artist myself, one thing that I really love and appreciate about them is their love for their craft. They will spend as much time as necessary to get the best shots. They love what they do, and it shows!

Judy and Gavin are professional, friendly, honest, and extremely talented. They are both amazing photographers, each with their own individual style. We wanted the best of both worlds, so we hired them both to shoot our wedding. But, not only do we love them, our family and friends at our wedding loved them too. We received so many compliments about how wonderful Judy and Gavin were to our guests! We guarentee that you will never regret your investment!

Joy and Joe Becerra

Sent on 09/05/2011

Vanessa · Married on 07/03/2011

I highly recommend Judy! She is an amazing photographer. She knows how to capture those special moments. She has an artistic flair with her work. I will use her again for other special in events in our lives. She and Gavin are so professional and friendly. They really helped make our wedding day special! There is no need to look further, she is the photographer you are looking for.

Sent on 07/19/2011

Gary · Married on 06/24/2011

My fiancée & I hired Judy & Gavin for Los Angeles engagement pictures & a small Maui, Hawaii destination wedding.
    Initially we just hired them for engagement pictures. We fell in love with the experience, the pictures, & the overall professionalism & value. Their quality of service, dedication, & AMAZING pictures let us know they respect our thoughts & emotions. That’s why we TRUSTED them with documenting one of the most important moments in our lives, our wedding.
    My fiancée & I worked with Judy & Gavin to come up with an approach to the wedding day photography. However my fiancée & I weren’t sure we would have enough time to get all the pictures we wanted…& we didn’t want to be unnecessarily stressed out on what should be an enjoyable day. Fortunately, Judy & Gavin had the experience, cooperation, & intelligence, to become familiar with the surrounding areas beforehand & also adapt, the day of, to all the obstacles that concerned us: the weather, sun setting, the organization of formal family pictures, & overall timing. We were either perfectly on time, or ahead of schedule!! In the end, Judy & Gavin took more pictures then we even thought were possible, ALL BEAUTIFUL (black-&-white’s, colors, portraits, photojournalistic), & because of them my now wife & future family will always be able to enjoy a timeless & life-changing experience. My wife & I are blessed to have met such wonderful professionals & artists.
    Thank you Judy & Gavin!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Chris · Married on 06/12/2011

For our engagement & wedding we chose to have both Judy and her husband Gavin take photos of us, and we couldn't be happier with the results. We didn't really know what to do and what to expect when it came down to photo shoots, but they put us at ease, and we actually enjoyed taking pictures with them and trying different things in front of the camera. They are also consummate professionals and love what they do. It comes across in our photos, where they often play with the lighting, shadows, and perspective to come up with some creative and refreshing shots compared to other photographers.

Judy and Gavin are seasoned photographers who know the SoCal area and the other photographers in their field. We were interested in using a big round balloon we saw in a wedding photo of a different photographer. When we inquired about that prop, they knew exactly which photo we were referring to and got us the cost and where to get that prop. For our engagement session, we went to 3 outdoor locations, and they knew all the best and hidden locations for pictures. At the wedding, our group pictures came out well, and we didn't even have to worry about the shots from the preparation, the ceremony, or the reception. It was great to focus on enjoying our day, and in the end Judy & Gavin came through with candid and gorgeous pictures that captured the day's memories.

We highly recommend Judy and Gavin to any couple because not only are they great photographers, but also because they are easy and friendly to work with.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Kristen · Married on 06/05/2011

I was so happy when I found Judy. She was all I was ever looking for in a photographer. I loved her work and her personality that comes through in her photos. It is truely an art form. She was wonderful to work with and everyone after the wedding kept commenting on how much they LOVED my photographer. No complaints.... I would absolutely use Judy again and recommend her. THANK YOU JUDY!! We love you and we were so happy to have you capture our big day!

Sent on 06/30/2011
  • I

Darlington · Married on 05/07/2011

I absolutely love Judy; she makes me laugh and cry with joy all at once. How? Through her photography. You can't go wrong with Judy. She's the sweetest person that you'll ever meet with a camera and she does it while rocking some high heels. Her style is best described as ALL-ENCOMPASSING; meaning you get fashionable and intimate photos that will appeal to many crowds. Hire her; it will be an investment worth investing in.

Our experience with Judy and her husband Gavin (also amazingly talented):

My wife and I enlisted Judy Tran and her charismatic husband Gavin Holt to document our wedding. Photography is an Art and Judy/Gavin has got it down. It takes more than a “point & shoot” to be a photographer, it takes time, an artistic eye and raw talent! Not only do they encompass these qualities, they both also have a great sense of what a person is really looking for through the eye of a lens. The two of them take their time to find …just the right shot without taking too much time and wasting daylight. They really make you feel like YOU are special and that they are just lucky enough to get to photograph you! Once you book them, Judy and Gavin will instantly become one of your coolest friends. When we booked them, we were not really sure what we wanted, except that we wanted something “different”…and boy how they delivered. If you are looking for a photographer or a photography team that “listens” to what you want, and gives you more than what you expect - look no further. Both Judy and Gavin have the talent, charisma and professionalism that other photographers wish they had. Trust me you can't go wrong when you book this talented team. BTW - they make an adorable couple too; everyone at our wedding was impressed with the two of them. Also, I'm a architect/designer and pride myself in having a very discriminating taste for all things (i.e. fashion, architecture, furniture, interior,) and their photographs stood out to and appealed to me most. Trust me I searched months for a photographer/s that had the combination of talent, application and personality. I consider myself lucky to have found two - in Judy and Gavin. Thanks Judy and Gavin for being their for my wife and I.

Bottom line - they love what they do and do some DAMN AMAZING things when they get to do what they love. If you take Judy as your photographer, you'll get a gal who loves her work and some DAMN AMAZING pictures.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Mekela · Married on 04/24/2011

Judy (and Gavin) are just amazing!! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to help capture one of the most important days of my life! Judy and Gavin are a bundle of wonderful things.... creative, responsible, easy going, accommodating and FUN!!
    Judy was able to take the ideas and feel I wanted to capture during the day and give me even more. The photos are unbelievable and are definitely magazine worthy. Trying to put a wedding album together has been a difficult task because there are just too many photos I want to include. A million Thank Yous to Judy (and Gavin)!!!! To choose you as my photograther was the best decision I could have made on my wedding day :)
    **Mekela & Jason (April 24, 2011)

Sent on 09/02/2011

Lan · Married on 01/29/2011

I was lucky enough to have the honor of booking with Judy and an added bonus to the deal was her assistant for the day was her husband/photographer, Gavin. Judy is an AMAZING photographer. From the very beginning, Judy was always there to answer any questions I had and was ALWAYS very prompt with her answers. She is very professional and truly a sweetheart. You can count on her capture all of the special moments on your special day. Her love for photography definitely shows when you see her work. Not only that but she helps to ease your worries and allows you to enjoy the moment as she captures it. Words cannot express how wonderful Judy is. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and Judy’s photos definitely fit that bill. I would not only recommend Judy but will definitely use her again for my professional photography needs.

Sent on 05/31/2011

Debbie · Married on 10/23/2010

Judy is an amazing and talented photographer! We are so lucky to have both her and her husband Gavin (another incredible photog) as part of our extended family. It's been wonderful to see both their photography blossom over the years - each with their own style and touches. We call them magicians making any ordinary things or people look like they belong in a magazine shoot.

We initially scheduled our engagement shoot a few months before the wedding and they were both so accomodating with where we wanted to shoot and made us really feel at ease in front of the camera. We were pooped after shooting in 2 locations but they were willing to keep going into the night just to get some cool night shots. Since we couldn't keep up with their energy, they talked us into doing a 2nd night shoot which also turned out amazing. This goes to show how much they care about their clients and the quality in what they produce.

The wedding was no different. From the time that we started in the morning at 11AM until we danced our last dance and took our last drinks, they were right there making sure they captured every moment. Judy even asked her aspiring brother to come help to get even more shots. We just received the photos and wow -- they are incredible! We already knew how talented they were but the pics that were taken just blew us away. So many of our family and friends also commented on the beautiful and artistic pics.

I would recommend Judy (and her husband Gavin) in a heartbeat to anyone needing any type of photos -- wedding, family, baby, etc. I cannot wait to use her as my husband and I start on our family.

Sent on 01/06/2011

Amber · Married on 10/16/2010

My husband and I were set on getting the best photographers our budget could afford and we are so happy we found Gavin and his wife Judy! They were so amazing, they were flexible prior to the wedding date and the day of. They are also such a fun and easy going couple that made my husband and I feel so comfortable--which was very important to me because I don't particularly like being photographed. They were also hard workers, they were running all over the place trying to capture every single shot, and were excited to do so! They blended so well with our families, which made everyone else feel comfortable too. Last but not least, their pictures are amazing; Gavin is incredible with lighting and Judy is amazing with her eye for detail and her creativity. I would recommend this couple to anyone!

Sent on 12/06/2010

amy · Married on 08/31/2010

I cannot say enough positive things about Judy. Between my husband and myself, we have been involved in many, many, many weddings. With that said, we've had a lot of experience with wedding photographers, and Judy TRULY stands apart from ALL the photographers we have ever encountered. She is polished, professional, creative and possesses an overall positive aura - the exact mix of qualities that we were looking for in a photographer. Her friendly and lively personality blended seamlessly with our family and friends, and she was a great addition to our wedding - photos aside! She was extremely easy to get in touch with in the weeks leading up to the wedding and was always happy to answer any of our questions! We recently received all of photos from Judy, and my husband and I are having such a tough time picking our favorites to frame because WE LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE! We will always contact Judy for our photographic needs in the future.

Sent on 10/01/2010

Amber · Married on 07/10/2010

My new husband and I were lucky enough to have Judy as our wedding photographer in July of this year! Judy also photographed our engagement session. Judy's photos are everything we could have asked for and more. They are truly are works of art! She captured each moment in such a beautiful way, and we are so thankful that we have these pictures to help keep the memory of our special day alive forever. The quality of the photographs was outstanding. Judy was so much fun to work with. She made us feel very relaxed and comfortable, even though neither one of us is used to being in front of the camera. If you are looking for a friendly wedding photographer with an artistic and creative style, I would highly recommend Judy!

Sent on 09/15/2010

Nora · Married on 06/01/2010

We were so lucky to have found Judy and Gavin because both were available for our wedding reception given such short notice. I cannot say enough of how both truly love what they do and it shows in their work. Both were a pleasure to work with, they made us feel real comfortable from the moment we first met until the big event. It was a perfect connection. Judy and Gavin each have their own unique style in capturing the moment. I'd have to say we continue to enjoy the memories captured from our special day and are quite pleased. I would highly recommend them if you’re looking for professional, flexible and friendly photographers. You can’t go wrong if you decide to book with this dynamic duo. Enjoy!

Nora & Joe (April 9, 2011)

Sent on 11/18/2011

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2010

I found Gavin and his wife Judy after another photographer I had been working with backed out to shoot another event. I loved the photojournalistic quality of Gavin's pictures online, but was nervous to book him because my wedding was a traditional Jewish wedding, which he and Judy had never photographed before. My fears disappeared the moment I met them. Aside from the fact that Gavin and Judy are so outgoing and friendly, they listened to me describe the timeline of the wedding and the religiously significant moments for over an hour. They were also really excited about being exposed to the different cultural elements of the wedding. Their excitement was contagious and I booked both of them to photograph my wedding. My nerves didn't disappear entirely, though. I had several more meetings with Gavin to go over the timeline and showed him pictures from other traditional Jewish weddings so he would know what to expect. On the day of the wedding, they were EVERYWHERE (they took over 2000 pictures!). They captured some really amazing shots. I only wish that I had scheduled more time for couple and family photos before or after the wedding to further capitalize on their talents. During the wedding, they indeed captured all of the significant Jewish moments of the ceremony, so my fears were for naught- they will catch everything that you tell them to and more. In fact, my favorite photos are the unexpected ones. I look at my pictures all the time, and can't wait to order an album from them.

Sent on 02/28/2011

Miranda · Married on 05/15/2010

I cannot express how grateful I am that I stumbled upon Judy's website. I was randomly searching the web and checking out referred photographers from friends... I definitely took a chance by finding a photographer online. I could just tell from Judy's photos online that she has a eye for the "artistic" photos that I LOVE. So, the first time I met with her, it was like meeting with a friend that I had known for years. She made us feel soo incredibly comfortable and confident in her and her work. we signed the contract that night! She is incredibly busy with all of her weddings, photo shoots, school dances... But I never once was not able to get hold of her exactly when I needed to. Everyone loved our engagement photos and could not wait until our wedding.. JUST to see the pictures! Of course they turned out amazing as well. Not only are we 100% thrilled with our photos, but we also feel like we got them for a steal! I love Judy and can't wait until I have children so she can photograph them too! She is absolutely amazing!!!

Sent on 07/09/2010

Jamie · Married on 04/17/2010

I found Judy through a friend's recommendation. Actually, they recommended her husband Gavin, but since I was on a budget Judy's pricing worked better for me because she was just starting out with her own brides. After a few emails, we made plans to meet up and after spending time with her and seeing more of her work we were sold. We chose to take engagement pictures and when it came time Judy met with us in Claremont on a rainy day to take photos at Scripps College. She was amazing!! My husband and I were a little stiff and in time she had us totally comfortable. We never felt rushed and you could tell that Judy loves her job. We got a cd of our photos probably two weeks later and they were exactly what we wanted if not more. Leading up to our wedding Judy was so easy to get a hold of and made herself completely available to any questions. On the day of the wedding Judy was on time and ready to shoot. The day went perfectly and so many friends and family were convinced that she was an old friend of ours because it seemed like she knew us so well!! Our proofs via email came to us in about a month and omg the photos are like magazine shots. So unique and totally captured the moments of our day. We've already been referring her name like crazy and have had two friends already book her for engagement pics. We love Judy and think anyone who is lucky enough to book her will not be sorry.

Sent on 05/31/2010

Evan · Married on 03/21/2010

My bride and I had a Laguna Beach, CA wedding (even though we're both from the East Coast.) Planning a wedding is difficult enough when it's local. Planning a wedding across the county is an entirely different animal! We had nothing but websites and reviews to go on when selecting our vendors. Gavin Holt was absolutely amazing, in every single sense of the world. He exceed every one of our expectations and I've never been so impressed with photography. A few words to describe the services: Professional, kind, easy going, fun to work with and amazingly talented. Photography was THE MOST important component to our wedding (as we had no video). Gavin was MONEY WELL SPENT. I've never know it possible to capture the very essence of a day with photography, but Gavin somehow did it. We opted to also hire Judy Tran (Gavin's wife) for the day and we were no less impressed. If you're searching for THE BEST, most amazing and artistic photography (some of which could easily qualify as art) then I highly recommend Gavin and Judy.
    We have been receiving the most amazing compliments from everyone on Gavin and Judy's work. Their work is something beyond photography... I just wish I had the words to accurately describe it, but I probably wouldn't do it justice. I've honestly never seen such quality and artistic talent in my life. Truly amazing work.
    Gavin and Judy made the whole process very easy. They met with us on one of our quick trips out West to talk logistics, were very responsive to any email or phone inquiry we had before and after the wedding. They showed up early on the wedding day, looking professional and with great big smiles. Gavin and Judy love photography and it clearly shows in their work. They possess the kind of talent that can't be taught. You're either born with this level or talent or you don't have it.
    Worth every penny and more. Wish we could do it again!

Sent on 05/19/2010
  • barbararoxanne

Barbara · Married on 02/20/2010

Judy and Gavin were an absolute pleasure to work with! They are amazing photographers. If you want to get the most amazing pics possible please use them! They take the stress out of the process and they allow you to enjoy your day! I can't stop looking at our pictures and people tell us all the time that they look like a spread in a wedding magazine! We will continue to use them for all of our special events that take place in the future!! I can't say enough positive things about them and their work!!
    Sincerely, Barbara & Charles

Sent on 08/01/2011
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/22/2013

Judy and Gavin were such a fun pair to work with. They are extremely flexible and creative and are willing to listen to your every need and detail, and can also fill you with ideas if you have no clue what you want. They are extremely professional and there work shows it. There are genuine people who love each other and their passion for photography, a perfect combination for weddings :) My husband and I really enjoyed our time with Judy and Gavin and would give the highest recommendation to anyone looking for photographers and videographers.

Sent on 09/05/2013