Rabbi Michael Raab Reviews

153 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

153 Reviews for Rabbi Michael Raab

Jade · Married on 05/10/2015

Rabbi is a wonderful man. He is very organized and knows what he is doing. He is extraordinarily polite in emails and phone calls and in person. His easy going manner is what drew us to him. The ceremony was very beautiful and our guests were impressed. I love the little touch of getting us to write a few adjectives secretly about each other. It was very special to hear on the big day.

Sent on 06/05/2015

amy · Married on 05/09/2015

Rabbi Michael made our wedding so special! He really took the time to get to know us prior to our wedding and really made the ceremony personal and intimate. All of our guests commented on beautiful the ceremony was. I am Catholic and my husband is Jewish and Rabbi Michael incorporated both faiths to make it so special for the both of us. I highly recommend Rabbi Michael Raab!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Tyler · Married on 05/03/2015

Rabbi Raab made our interfaith ceremony such an easy and great experience. It was a beautiful ceremony that both families really enjoyed and talked about afterwards. We would highly recommend him to do your ceremony. It will be something that we will always remember and he was a intricate part of it. Thanks Rabbi Raab!

Tyler and Emily Floyd

Sent on 06/28/2015

christina · Married on 05/02/2015

Rabbi Raab officiated our wedding at the Shane Center in Miami Beach, FL last May. He was wonderful. For a little background, my husband is Jewish and I'm a convert of Hispanic heritage. We were looking for someone who could speak Spanish, as well as English and Hebrew, who could officiate a Jewish wedding without being too particular about insisting it be in a temple or making a convert jump through hoops. Rabbi Raab checked all the boxes: professional, respectful, and the person who required the least maintenance and double-checking of all the vendors I had to work with on my wedding day. He even made a few tasteful jokes during our ceremony that put us at ease and allowed us to take part in the vows and blessings that we would state on that day so that the ceremony was tailored to us and our backgrounds. Everyone from my Cuban grandmother to my friends and other vendors thought it was a beautiful and interesting ceremony. Thanks so much!

Sent on 01/22/2015

Rabbi Raab was a pleasure to work with! He made out interfaith wedding ceremony complete. Rabbi Raab connected us with Dr. Dan and together, they performed a beautiful and memorable wedding ceremony for us. We planned our wedding from afar, so in addition to meeting in person once, the Rabbi was very accommodating and arranged for multiple skype sessions. He took the time to get to know us so that he could make our ceremony unique and special. We had several guests comment afterwards that they never imagined how an interfaith ceremony would work and thought it was absolutely beautiful. Rabbi Raab is fun and no doubt you'll enjoy working with him!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Rachel · Married on 04/24/2015

Rabbi Michael Raab has been a part of my family's wedding tradition and it was an honor he could officiate my wedding as well. He was available for video calls to get everything ready before the big day. He traveled a day earlier for the rehearsal, since the wedding took place in Honduras. It was a lovely ceremony and I couldn’t be happier. Thank You for everything!
    Hugs&Kisses
    Rachel

Sent on 07/02/2015

Robert · Married on 03/20/2015

When we first decided to have a beach wedding in St, Maarten, where I own a villa, one of my first tasks was finding a rabbi. I am a reform Jew and my wife is a non-practicing Muslim born in Iran, so while it was not going to be an Interfaith ceremony, I did need a flexible, non-traditional rabbi. I found Rabbi Michael on a Google search, and upon contacting him, I found we had instant rapport. To plan the ceremony, we had several sessions on Skype, and both of us immediately felt very at ease with Michael. We collaborated to include some Persian customs in the ceremony as well as translating one of passages in Farsi. We picked up Michael at the airport, as he was arriving on the same flight as other visiting family, on Thursday, March 19, the day before the ceremony. On the flight, Michael had already introduced himself to my step son, his girlfriend and my first cousin, and easily assimilated with our group upon his arrival. For the 2 1-2 days he was with us, Michael became part of our extended family and friends. At our ceremony, on Friday, March 20, Michael did an outstanding job, performing a poignant and joyful service that was inclusive of both cultures. At our afternoon luncheon and dinner reception, Michael led the prayer over bread and wine. At our dinner reception, Michael was part of the party, dancing and joining in the festivities. We could not be happier with our choice of Michael as rabbi, and feel as though we now have a new family friend. I highly recommend Rabbi Michael Rabb.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Anna · Married on 03/14/2015

Rabbi Michael officiated our interfaith wedding in Naples, Florida in March. My husband and I live in NYC and Rabbi Michael was always available to meet with us when we made trips to Florida prior to our wedding. He also took the time to skype and take phone calls to help us plan our ceremony. I told Rabbi Michael that I wanted my brother to play guitar while I walked down the aisle. Not only did he embrace the idea, but he gave suggestions on how we could incorporate our ideas into the ceremony to make it unique and special.

We feel truly blessed to have had such a wonderful rabbi. He was patient (we had an hour rain delay!), thoughtful, responsive and would highly recommend him. We look forward to keeping in touch and growing our relationship with Rabbi Micahel.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Alejandra · Married on 03/07/2015

Rabbi Raab did an amazing job officiating our wedding along with Father Joaquin Perez. My husband is Jewish and I am Catholic so we decided to get married in an interfaith wedding. From the moment we meet both Rabbi Raab and Father Joaquin we noticed how evident it was that they had worked together and that they had a great friendship. We were thrilled to be able to have have our ceremony of our dreams: interfaith, bilingual(English and Spanish) and even do some traditional Jewish and catholic things. All of our guest congratulated us for such a beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 04/26/2015

Sabrina · Married on 02/22/2015

We were extremely pleased with our service and received several compliments on our Rabbi/Pastor duo throughout the reception. Everyone was very impressed, as were we. Be open and honest about what you want in your wedding and Rabbi Raab and Dr. Dan will undoubtedly deliver! They made the necessary accommodations to come to our wedding on-board a cruise ship - which was not easy having to go through customs and Homeland Security - but they were so flexible and easy to work with. Cannot say enough great things about them both!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Kaley · Married on 01/31/2015

Rabbi Michael Raab officiated our ceremony and it was truly a beautiful ceremony. Our wedding was not your typical jewish wedding. Our families and friends are of different religions and denominations, but our wish was to have a Jewish ceremony. Rabbi Michael did an amazing job making everyone on all sides of the spectrum feel the love and beauty that should be at a wedding, while keeping to Jewish Traditions. We are so blessed to have met Rabbi Michael and couldn't have asked for a better officiant and friend. We would recommend him a million times over! Thank you, Thank you!!

-Amit and Kaley

Sent on 03/24/2015

Sarah & Mark · Married on 01/18/2015

We got married in Riviera Maya Mexico, and the Rabbi in the area was unavailable the day of our wedding so he referred us to Rabbi Michael Raab - and we are so happy he did!
    Rabbi Michael was great, he always emailed us back within a few hours, no longer than 1 day. We flew him from Florida to Mexico for our wedding and he took care of his own car and accomodations.
    He also brought us a bottle of wine for the ceremony and a freshly made challah for the bracha at the reception.
    He was more than happy to help us whenever we contacted him, and he visited us at the resort the day before the wedding so that he could meet the wedding party and do a quick run-through of the ceremony.
    We were honoured to have him stay for the reception and everyone had so much fun with him, he danced and ate with us - our parents, families and friends really enjoyed his being there.
    Rabbi Michael is a caring, thoughtful and energetic individual and he incorporated a lot of personal touches into the ceremony based on conversations and correspondence he had with us through Skype and email.
    He understood what we looking for as an interfaith marriage and provided exactly what we wanted. Our guests commented on how personal the ceremony felt and that Rabbi Michael performed a very beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 03/11/2015

David and Lisa · Married on 12/29/2014

Rabbi Raab was amazing!! We met with him once, spoke with him several times, and he was able to truly capture the essence of both our personalities and our families. We feel so incredibly blessed to have had him as our officiant, and strongly recommend him with no reservations. We rarely write reviews, but feel so strongly about his caring and thoughtful entrusting delivery that we don't want anyone to miss out on having him officiate their wedding as well.
    Cheers!!
    David and Lisa Carroll
    (Rocket scientist falls in love with Sr. VP)

Sent on 02/03/2016

My fiance and I recently had a destination wedding in FL, and we had the pleasure of having Rabbi Michael Raab perform our wedding ceremony. We chose Rabbi Michael based on his spectacular reviews, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! Rabbi Michael was a pleasure to work with, and he truly took the time to make sure that our interfaith ceremony was heartfelt and meaningful. Rabbi Michael got to know us both as individuals and as a couple, and every detail of our ceremony was perfection! Many of our guests told us it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they had ever attended. Rabbi Michael made sure that our day was incredibly special, and one we will remember always!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Rabbi Raab's father officiated the wedding of my parents over 30 years ago. It was so meaningful and such a pleasure having him officiate our wedding last November. He was professional, flexible and honored all of our requests. Since we lived abroad he was also always available to skype and answer any questions.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Rabbi Michael Raab is a true gem. He was so warm and genuine from our very first phone conversation. He really took the time to get to know us before our wedding, even though we were a distance apart. At the ceremony, he gave a great service and truly made us both feel so comfortable and able to share our love in front of our guests. There wasn't a dry eye in the room and the Rabbi was a special part of making our ceremony so heartfelt. We cannot thank him enough. If you are considering an interfaith ceremony, rest assured the Rabbi will accomodate and has a complete open mind, something that is rare to find and we much appreciated.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2014

Working with Rabbi Michael was a wonderful experience. We received so many compliments on our personalized wedding ceremony. Additionally, Rabbi Michael was always quick to return our emails and showed a true interest in getting to know my fiance and I before our big day. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Andrea · Married on 11/08/2014

From the first phone conversation to the meetings with Rabbi Raab, I knew he was the perfect choice to marry us. Not only did he spend time with me and my now husband, but Rabbi Raab spent a lot of quality time with my father, as well, which I know was very important to my dad. We could not have asked for a better officiant to marry us. He made us feel like he had known us for years and his warm loving personality was apparent during our beautiful ceremony. Thank you Rabbi Raab for an amazing, memorable ceremony!!!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Jerry and Joy · Married on 10/12/2014

Rabbi Michael Raab was wonderful! Our ceremony was quite intimate and perfect! He was calming and attentive and very flexible as far as time and place. He pays attention to the wishes of the couple and his only concern was what was most comfortable for my husband and me. He's extremely accommodating. This is his gift and he blessed us immeasurably. Our ceremony was so touching and personal. We had only met once and spoke by phone a few times,yet it was as if he had known us a long while. We would recommend Rabbi Michael highly and consider it an honor to call him Rabbi!

Sent on 10/29/2014
  • O

Osvaldo · Married on 10/11/2014

El rabino Michael Raab oficializó nuestra boda de manera muy profesional y de acuerdo a nuestras costumbres tradicionales y nuestros deseos de bendición como matrimonio. Extremadamente atento a los detalles, nos ayudó a practicar un día antes con todo lo necesario para poder estar preparados para que todo salga perfecto en nuestro gran día. Si quieres una persona profesional y una boda perfecta, el rabino Michael es la persona perfecta.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Jason · Married on 10/11/2014

It was a pleasure working with Rabbi Raab, not only during the actual ceremony, but also in the months leading up to the big day. As an interfaith couple, we benefitted greatly from his biweekly/monthly skype conference sessions where we discussed core Jewish values and customs as well as prepared for the issues that may arise in our future relationship and family. He was extremely flexible in meeting our needs given our hectic schedules. We are more prepared for a successful marriage due in part to his dedication to our learning as well as meaningful ceremony.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Rabbi Raab was a wonderful part of our wedding ceremony. From our first conversation to the day of the wedding, he was actively involved in making sure our ceremony would be what we wanted. He was sensitive to our wishes, completely welcomed our ideas and input and sensitive to our personal stories. He was so kind to our families as well, including our dog who he graciously included in our ceremony by name — a small thing but so meaningful. We couldn't have been happier with his kindness, professionalism and the joy he helped bring to our wedding day.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Susie · Married on 09/13/2014

Rabbi Raab was perfect for our interfaith wedding! He was so personable and really took the time to get to know us both. We genuinely felt that he was just as excited about our wedding as we were-which is definitely something you want for someone conducting the most important part of your day. On our wedding day we actually had 2 ceremonies- a Catholic and a Jewish one. As nice as the first ceremony was, people made a big point on how lovely the second Jewish ceremony was because of how personal Rabbi Raab made it. Even though we only met a few times, it felt that we had known him for so much longer. He asked us to write 3 adjectives that described our partner and explain why we chose them. He read our responses out loud (which was a surprise!) - so they were basically our wedding vows. These vows were such a beautiful, personal touch, and an interesting self-evaluation exercise that makes you reflect why you're really marrying this person. We had no idea how impactful they would be on the ceremony and we are so grateful to have found such a thoughtful Rabbi.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Heidi · Married on 08/15/2014

The Ritz-Carlton in Naples, Florida, highly recommended Rabbi Michael, who is fluent in English, Spanish, and Hebrew, to officiate at our American-Spanish wedding.
    During an introductory Skype meeting, we spoke with Rabbi Michael for nearly an hour. He was warm and friendly from the start and asked many questions to get to know us individually and as a couple. We explained that we were not Jewish, both coming from a Christian background, but that we wanted a non-religious ceremony. He assured us he had done many spiritual ceremonies over the years with beautiful readings and sand ceremonies. We liked Rabbi Michael immediately and decided to hire him. We are so pleased that we did!
    In the months leading up to the ceremony, Rabbi Michael was always prompt in responding to any questions we had, sent us the readings, translated wording for our programs, and met with us again over Skype. He also agreed to come to the Ritz to do a rehearsal. At the rehearsal, he made sure everyone felt comfortable and knew exactly what to do.
    Although very stormy weather prevented us from having the beach wedding we’d envisioned, the ceremony itself was as beautiful and spiritual as Rabbi Michael had promised it would be. Rabbi Michael welcomed everyone and conducted each part of the ceremony first in English and then in Spanish so that everyone felt included and could follow along easily.
    The readings were indeed beautiful but especially meaningful was Rabbi Michael’s explanation of the symbolism of the sand ceremony and the personal stories he told about both of us, which he was able to do, having taken the time to meet with us over Skype and requesting we each write to him separately with three adjectives to describe one another.
    When my husband and I first described to Rabbi Michael how we met, he said our relationship was “bashert,” Yiddish for “meant to be.” Also bashert was having Rabbi Michael officiate at our wedding. We are very grateful for that.

Sent on 08/29/2014
  • F

Francisco · Married on 08/15/2014

El hotel Ritz-Carlton en Naples, Fl., nos recomendo al rabino Michael,quien habla ingles, espanol y hebreo, para oficiar nuestra boda en dos idiomas (espanol e ingles).Durante nuestro primer encuentro por Skype, hablamos por una hora.Fue un encuentro muy agradable. Desde el principio se intereso por cada uno y despues com pareja. y le explicamos que ambos proveniamos de familias cristianas, pero que deseabamos tener una ceremonia no religiosa. El nos aseguro que habia oficiado muchas ceremonias espirituales a lo largo de los anos con lecturas adecuadas para cada occasion, asi como lo que describio como la ceremonia de la arena. Decidimos contratarle y estamos muy contentos de haberlo hecho!!.En los meses cercanos a la boda, el rabino Michael estuvo siempre rapido en responder cualquier pregunta que tuvieramos. Nos envio las lecturas, tradujimos los programas en los dos idiomas y hablamos con el de nuevo por Skype. El tambien acepto hacer un ensayo de la boda el dia antes.En el ensayo se aseguro de que cada uno de nosotros nos sintieramos comodos y de que cada uno supiera que tenia que hacer en la ceremonia. Aunque tuvimos mal tiempo el dia de la boda y no pudimos celebrarla en la playa como estaba prevista, la ceremonia fue muy bonita y espiritual como el rabino Michael nos habia prometido.El rabino Michael dio la bienvenida a todos y condujo cada parte de la ceremonia en ingles y en espanol.Todo el mundo se sintio incluido y todos pudieron seguir la ceremonia con detalle.Las lecturas fueron muy bonitas pero especial atencion merece la explicacion que nos dio sobre el simbolismo de la ceremonia de la arena,las historias personales sobre cada uno de nosotros y el hecho de que nos pregunto tres adjetivos que decribieran cada uno de nosotros por separado. Cuando mi esposa y yo le describimos como nos conocimos, el dijo que nuestra relacion era"bashert" (yidish) (destinado el uno para el otro).Tambien es bashert el haber oficiado nuestra boda.GRACIAS de corazon!

Sent on 08/30/2014