Jewel Hair Design LLC Reviews

271 | Washington, DC

271 Reviews for Jewel Hair Design LLC

271 Jewel Hair Design LLC Reviews

Bridget · Married on 06/23/2018

I loved working with Jewel Hair Design. They were incredibly professional, responsive, and organized. The entire process was smooth and easy. I personally worked with Ashley, and she did an incredible job. On a hot, rainy, humid DC summer day, my hair stayed perfect all day and night. She also did a great job with my bridesmaids, and kept everyone on schedule throughout the morning. A friend in the wedding industry recommended this company to me, and I am so glad she did. They were wonderful to work with.

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2018

I used Jewel Hair Design for my wedding and they were incredible! Julie and her team were extremely professional and easy to work with throughout the planning process. On the wedding day, my stylist was Cheryl and she is truly the best of the best. I’m pretty picky when it comes to my hair and she definitely exceeded my expectations! All of my bridesmaids loved their hair as well and all of our styles held up beautifully in the June heat. Thank you, Jewel Hair Design!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/16/2018

Julie and her team did the hair for me and my wedding party -- they were amazing!! They were very responsive and so thoughtful throughout the entire experience. I could not recommend them more! They had the best energy and made it even more fun for the rest of us!

jane · Married on 05/20/2018

Couldn't have asked for a better hair stylist.
    The owner julie was super sweet, super professional and responded super quickly to all my millions of questions.
    I was soooo lucky to have VyVy as my stylist. I knew right from the moment we met that i was in good hands. She is super talented, very quick and communicated continuously with me asking me if there were anything i wanted to change. she REALLY LISTENED to me and worked with me. On top of that, she was so calming and just soooo sweet. I feel like all these things just made my wedding day even better. I felt really comfortable and really relaxed the whole time bc of her. Also, my bridesmaids are asian with SUPER thick hair...VyVy had no problem working with them, they all looked so amazing the whole day even through the heat. I was amazed at how quick she was too!!. The price is VERY affordable and very very reasonable. Trust me ladies...go with Jewel HD!

-JANE

Addie · Married on 05/05/2018

Julie and her team were amazing!!! They made everyone look perfect on my wedding day! All of my bridesmaids told me it was the best hairstyle they have ever had for a wedding. My hair stayed in place all night! I can’t say enough good things about Julie. She is so sweet! If you are thinking about booking her for your wedding day, do it! You will not regret it!!

Lavel · Married on 03/17/2018

I (Lavel, with Lavel Marie Photography) wanted to organize a Stylized photo shoot. I reached out to a Facebook group I'm a part of. Jewel Hair Design reached out to me, so naturally I was so thrilled they wanted to be a part of this shoot. Stylist Kim was assigned to this shoot. Kim was AMAZING!! She showed up early to the location. I showed Kim a picture of the hair style I envisioned for the shoot. Kim over delivered!!! She did the most amazing job, I was so thrilled how things turned out. Kim didn't stop there, she was able to join us during the shoot to make sure the hair was at top notch at all times. Kim with Jewel Hair Design will definitely be our go to girl for future shoots. Please see attached images of her amazing work. I can't thank Jewel Hair Design enough for helping out & making this shoot such a success!

Jewel Hair Design LLC 1

Allie · Married on 11/11/2017

Denita was my main stylist and she did a beautiful job! I changed my mind between my trial and wedding day, and I was beyond thrilled with how my hair style turned out! Everyone else looked so beautiful too!

Leading up to the wedding, Julie was great to work with too! Everything was well organized and both Julie and Denita were easily accessible and very responsive!

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

Ashley was our hair stylist. She did awesome hair styles for me and 5 bridesmaids. She was incredible and just kept moving through everyone's hair so fast. We were on time the whole day. Everyone absolutely loved their hair. Ashley was also fun to spend the day with!

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

Jewel HD was recommended to me by many other hairstylists, actually! I chose to work with Cheryl and she was so wonderful! Everyone at Jewel HD is so nice and professional, probably the quickest to respond of all the vendors I worked with. On their recommendation based on the hairstyle I wanted (a full updo) I purchased hair extensions and I was SO glad I did. The trial was very smooth, Cheryl listened to what I wanted and looked at pictures and was able to create exactly what I was hoping for. On the day of the wedding Cheryl and her assistant showed up bright and early and stayed AHEAD of schedule getting all 8 of my maids hair done, plus the mothers of the bride and groom. I can't thank them enough - it was so perfect!! Thank you so much, Cheryl!

Jewel Hair Design LLC 2
    Jewel Hair Design LLC 3
    Jewel Hair Design LLC 4

Victoria · Married on 09/23/2017

I worked with Ashley who was absolutely amazing. She is an amazing stylist, professional, and very easy to work with. Myself and bridal party were all very happy with how our hair turned out. Not only was Ashley amazing but Julie, the owner, is very responsive with emails and inquiries. They made the process of finding a good team very easy.

Chris · Married on 07/07/2017

My wife hired JHD for our wedding on 7/7/17 in Thurmond, MD. They were very responsive to emails and provided a high quality service on the day of the wedding. My wife and the bridesmaids had nothing but great things to say. Denita was our hairstylist and was able to ensure that everyone had their hair exactly as they wanted. She was very attentive and responsive to our bridal party. We highly recommend to anyone for a wedding.

Victoria · Married on 06/09/2017

It was a pleasure to work with Julie on my prom hair. She listened to all my comments and concerns and she gave great advices. I did an up-do, which stayed up for a whole night of dancing. She has great accessories, which she helped me to pick, so they would match my dress. I enjoyed working with her because she is very talented and passionate about what she does!

Laura · Married on 05/28/2017

Cheryl was incredible to work with! I was SO happy with my hair at the trial and she recreated the look perfectly on wedding day. She is such a warm, genuine person and was so nice to have around while getting ready. She and her assistant did hair for myself, 5 bridesmaids, and 2 moms. Everyone's hair was beautiful! Cheryl was willing to change things and touch up/recurl throughout the day. Communication throughout the planning process was easy and streamlined. Absolutely recommend Cheryl and Jewel Hair Design.

Shivan · Married on 04/01/2017

We all loved our hair and the stylist, Denita, did a great job! Our hair stayed all night through the wedding! I definitely recommend JHD!

• User7881189 · 1+ year ago

Loved working with the other ladies. Vision was executed perfectly

Robert · Married on 07/23/2016

We were beyond impressed with Julie's level of organization throughout the process. She made coordinating schedules and trials extremely easy and remained professional along each step of the way. The day of the wedding, Julie and Ashley did not disappoint! All of the bridesmaids were in love with their updos and hairstyles! For the brides hair, extensions were used. Julie matched the color of the extensions to the natural hair color perfectly. Everything was perfect!

• MS1026

Maya · Married on 07/16/2016

Denita from Jewel Hair Design did a beautiful job on everyone's hair for my July wedding. I was an out-of-town bride getting married in DC, and was very freaked out about finding someone local who could handle my very curly hair. Denita understood exactly what to do to make my natural curls shine -- and withstand DC July humidity. She also did two beautiful updos for my sister and my sister-in-law. She was prompt, sweet, and extremely patient with my (many) nitpicky changes on the day of.

In addition, Jewel Hair as a business is run so smoothly and efficiently, making it a pleasure to work with them. As a busy bride, I was grateful that all of the communication from Jewel Hair was prompt, clear, and friendly -- it made working with them a total breeze. My only tiny gripe was that their studio is a 45-minute drive from DC, so doing the trial was a bit of a schlep -- BUT they were very flexible about scheduling when it turned out I could only come in on a day they weren't doing trials.

Nikki · Married on 06/18/2016

I absolutely LOVED working with Carly!! She was very laid back, understood what I was looking for, and was a perfectionist down to the last hair. I am someone who has never really loved my hair being done in an up-do in other weddings I've been in, but I loved my wedding hair. I felt so "me" and that she just made me super beautiful. I definitely recommend working with her specifically!

Melanie · Married on 06/04/2016

Denita was wonderful and the girl has talent! I’ve never been happy with how may hair turned out for homecoming, prom, other weddings, ect but Denita created a style that I loved.

After my trial, I changed my mind and decided to use extensions but was nervous about them. Denita was patient enough to do a second trial and tweaked it until I was happy. She combined a few pictures I showed her and offered suggestions which was very helpful. My hair stayed looking great all night!
    Despite running a little late because of traffic on the morning of our wedding, Denita finished early and even braided my flower girl’s hair because she had some extra time! Everyone looked beautiful and all my bridesmaids loved how their hair turned out.

I was so nice to spend the morning getting ready with Denita and I would highly recommend her and Jewel HD!

lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

I recently had the pleasure of working with Julie to help in finding the perfect match for hair extensions for my big day. I was new to the extension world and was a bit overwhelmed! I was a bit uneasy purchasing extensions without touching them and holding them up to my hair to make sure they matched but Julie was SO incredibly helpful during the process. I felt a tad high maintenance with all the questions I asked and she never failed to answer all my questions! After sending her a few images of my hair color, she sent me back pictures of options she had in stock with pricing and sizing. Since my hair has so many colors in it, I was really having a hard time committing. Julie continued to work with me and sent me additional pictures in different lighting of the few we narrowed it down to. I finally settled on one, she shipped it out that day and I received it two days later! And needless to say, the match is spot on! I am so pleased and feel good I can check this off my list and know the extensions will blend right in! Thank you, Julie!!

Rebecca · Married on 05/21/2016

Jewel Hair Design was easily one of my best wedding vendors. They came recommended by multiple friends who had used them for their weddings. The entire process from setting up the trial, signing the contract, setting up the wedding day schedule, etc was so professional and easy. It was especially a joy to work with Carly who did my wedding day hair. She did an amazing job at the trial and then a few weeks later when I decided I wanted to tweak my hairstyle slightly for the wedding day she was completely accommodating. On the day of the wedding Carly and Denita showed up on time to do hair for myself, my bridesmaids and the moms. They both did such a great job and were so efficient that they finished earlier than expected! That was one less wedding thing to stress about. I'm so happy I chose them as my hair vendor and I would recommend them to any bride.

Lana · Married on 05/21/2016

I'm so happy that I chose Jewel HD to do my hair and all 8 of bridesmaids! Jewel HD is very organized, responsive, punctual, which I absolutely love. They made everything extremely easy for my trial and actual wedding day. I worked with Kayla and she was very nice, and super accommodating. I loved how everyone's hair turned out, including my own! I would highly recommend anyone looking for a 5-star vendor with a very reasonable price point, especially with a very large bridal party. Thank you, Julie and Kayla for everything!

Angelina · Married on 04/23/2016

I am SO thrilled to have worked with Jewel HD! As a curly-haired bride, I was absolutely terrified that I would not be able to find someone who understood my hair. After my trial with Carly, I was so relieved/excited -- not only could she confidently work with my hair, she totally understood the romantic, natural vibe I was after! Leading up to my wedding day, the Jewel office was very communicative, and patiently worked with me to finalize our timeline-- no easy task with 13 ladies getting their hair styled! On the day of, Carly and her assistant arrived early and ready to go. It amazed me at how quickly and patiently they worked, expertly working with a variety of hair types (and ladies aged 10 to 90!). They were a pleasure to have around in such a hectic morning, and I am so pleased with how beautiful and unique everyone's hair looked! For a professional experience, gorgeous hair and a stress-free wedding morning, I so highly recommend booking Jewel HD!

Lauren · Married on 04/09/2016

Julie and her assistant Kali were AMAZING and so sweet to work with for our wedding! Jewel Hair Design has an office manager/assistant, Bella, who is very responsive to emails; she and Julie made booking and scheduling so easy (this means a lot to a busy bride!) Julie and Kali did 10 beautiful updos in under 5 hours on our wedding day. Not only were they quick, but they are absolute perfectionists; everyone loved their hair and we received several compliments from our wedding guests. The hair styles were elegant yet fun and matched the tone of our wedding perfectly. I highly recommend you hire Jewel Hair Design for your wedding, y'all will love them!