267 Reviews for Jewel Hair Design LLC

Licensed (5)
Hair Trial (4)
On-Site Hair (4)
265 Jewel Hair Design LLC Reviews

I (Lavel, with Lavel Marie Photography) wanted to organize a Stylized photo shoot. I reached out to a Facebook group I'm a part of. Jewel Hair Design reached out to me, so naturally I was so thrilled they wanted to be a part of this shoot. Stylist Kim was assigned to this shoot. Kim was AMAZING!! She showed up early to the location. I showed Kim a picture of the hair style I envisioned for the shoot. Kim over delivered!!! She did the most amazing job, I was so thrilled how things turned out. Kim didn't stop there, she was able to join us during the shoot to make sure the hair was at top notch at all times. Kim with Jewel Hair Design will definitely be our go to girl for future shoots. Please see attached images of her amazing work. I can't thank Jewel Hair Design enough for helping out & making this shoot such a success!

Profile Picture Lavel , 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Denita was my main stylist and she did a beautiful job! I changed my mind between my trial and wedding day, and I was beyond thrilled with how my hair style turned out! Everyone else looked so beautiful too!

Leading up to the wedding, Julie was great to work with too! Everything was well organized and both Julie and Denita were easily accessible and very responsive!

Profile Picture Allie, 11/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Multi. Stylists

Ashley was our hair stylist. She did awesome hair styles for me and 5 bridesmaids. She was incredible and just kept moving through everyone's hair so fast. We were on time the whole day. Everyone absolutely loved their hair. Ashley was also fun to spend the day with!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jewel HD was recommended to me by many other hairstylists, actually! I chose to work with Cheryl and she was so wonderful! Everyone at Jewel HD is so nice and professional, probably the quickest to respond of all the vendors I worked with. On their recommendation based on the hairstyle I wanted (a full updo) I purchased hair extensions and I was SO glad I did. The trial was very smooth, Cheryl listened to what I wanted and looked at pictures and was able to create exactly what I was hoping for. On the day of the wedding Cheryl and her assistant showed up bright and early and stayed AHEAD of schedule getting all 8 of my maids hair done, plus the mothers of the bride and groom. I can't thank them enough - it was so perfect!! Thank you so much, Cheryl!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I worked with Ashley who was absolutely amazing. She is an amazing stylist, professional, and very easy to work with. Myself and bridal party were all very happy with how our hair turned out. Not only was Ashley amazing but Julie, the owner, is very responsive with emails and inquiries. They made the process of finding a good team very easy.

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair

My wife hired JHD for our wedding on 7/7/17 in Thurmond, MD. They were very responsive to emails and provided a high quality service on the day of the wedding. My wife and the bridesmaids had nothing but great things to say. Denita was our hairstylist and was able to ensure that everyone had their hair exactly as they wanted. She was very attentive and responsive to our bridal party. We highly recommend to anyone for a wedding.

Profile Picture Chris, 7/7/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

It was a pleasure to work with Julie on my prom hair. She listened to all my comments and concerns and she gave great advices. I did an up-do, which stayed up for a whole night of dancing. She has great accessories, which she helped me to pick, so they would match my dress. I enjoyed working with her because she is very talented and passionate about what she does!

Profile Picture Victoria, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Cheryl was incredible to work with! I was SO happy with my hair at the trial and she recreated the look perfectly on wedding day. She is such a warm, genuine person and was so nice to have around while getting ready. She and her assistant did hair for myself, 5 bridesmaids, and 2 moms. Everyone's hair was beautiful! Cheryl was willing to change things and touch up/recurl throughout the day. Communication throughout the planning process was easy and streamlined. Absolutely recommend Cheryl and Jewel Hair Design.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/28/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Multi. Stylists

We all loved our hair and the stylist, Denita, did a great job! Our hair stayed all night through the wedding! I definitely recommend JHD!

Profile Picture User7703199, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Loved working with the other ladies. Vision was executed perfectly

Profile Picture User7881189, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We were beyond impressed with Julie's level of organization throughout the process. She made coordinating schedules and trials extremely easy and remained professional along each step of the way. The day of the wedding, Julie and Ashley did not disappoint! All of the bridesmaids were in love with their updos and hairstyles! For the brides hair, extensions were used. Julie matched the color of the extensions to the natural hair color perfectly. Everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Robert, 7/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Multi. Stylists, Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

Denita from Jewel Hair Design did a beautiful job on everyone's hair for my July wedding. I was an out-of-town bride getting married in DC, and was very freaked out about finding someone local who could handle my very curly hair. Denita understood exactly what to do to make my natural curls shine -- and withstand DC July humidity. She also did two beautiful updos for my sister and my sister-in-law. She was prompt, sweet, and extremely patient with my (many) nitpicky changes on the day of.

In addition, Jewel Hair as a business is run so smoothly and efficiently, making it a pleasure to work with them. As a busy bride, I was grateful that all of the communication from Jewel Hair was prompt, clear, and friendly -- it made working with them a total breeze. My only tiny gripe was that their studio is a 45-minute drive from DC, so doing the trial was a bit of a schlep -- BUT they were very flexible about scheduling when it turned out I could only come in on a day they weren't doing trials.

Profile Picture Maya, 7/16/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

I absolutely LOVED working with Carly!! She was very laid back, understood what I was looking for, and was a perfectionist down to the last hair. I am someone who has never really loved my hair being done in an up-do in other weddings I've been in, but I loved my wedding hair. I felt so "me" and that she just made me super beautiful. I definitely recommend working with her specifically!

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/18/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Multi. Stylists, Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling

Denita was wonderful and the girl has talent! I’ve never been happy with how may hair turned out for homecoming, prom, other weddings, ect but Denita created a style that I loved.

After my trial, I changed my mind and decided to use extensions but was nervous about them. Denita was patient enough to do a second trial and tweaked it until I was happy. She combined a few pictures I showed her and offered suggestions which was very helpful. My hair stayed looking great all night!
Despite running a little late because of traffic on the morning of our wedding, Denita finished early and even braided my flower girl’s hair because she had some extra time! Everyone looked beautiful and all my bridesmaids loved how their hair turned out.

I was so nice to spend the morning getting ready with Denita and I would highly recommend her and Jewel HD!

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/4/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair

I recently had the pleasure of working with Julie to help in finding the perfect match for hair extensions for my big day. I was new to the extension world and was a bit overwhelmed! I was a bit uneasy purchasing extensions without touching them and holding them up to my hair to make sure they matched but Julie was SO incredibly helpful during the process. I felt a tad high maintenance with all the questions I asked and she never failed to answer all my questions! After sending her a few images of my hair color, she sent me back pictures of options she had in stock with pricing and sizing. Since my hair has so many colors in it, I was really having a hard time committing. Julie continued to work with me and sent me additional pictures in different lighting of the few we narrowed it down to. I finally settled on one, she shipped it out that day and I received it two days later! And needless to say, the match is spot on! I am so pleased and feel good I can check this off my list and know the extensions will blend right in! Thank you, Julie!!

Profile Picture lauren, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jewel Hair Design was easily one of my best wedding vendors. They came recommended by multiple friends who had used them for their weddings. The entire process from setting up the trial, signing the contract, setting up the wedding day schedule, etc was so professional and easy. It was especially a joy to work with Carly who did my wedding day hair. She did an amazing job at the trial and then a few weeks later when I decided I wanted to tweak my hairstyle slightly for the wedding day she was completely accommodating. On the day of the wedding Carly and Denita showed up on time to do hair for myself, my bridesmaids and the moms. They both did such a great job and were so efficient that they finished earlier than expected! That was one less wedding thing to stress about. I'm so happy I chose them as my hair vendor and I would recommend them to any bride.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/21/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Multi. Stylists

I'm so happy that I chose Jewel HD to do my hair and all 8 of bridesmaids! Jewel HD is very organized, responsive, punctual, which I absolutely love. They made everything extremely easy for my trial and actual wedding day. I worked with Kayla and she was very nice, and super accommodating. I loved how everyone's hair turned out, including my own! I would highly recommend anyone looking for a 5-star vendor with a very reasonable price point, especially with a very large bridal party. Thank you, Julie and Kayla for everything!

Profile Picture Lana, 5/21/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Multi. Stylists

I am SO thrilled to have worked with Jewel HD! As a curly-haired bride, I was absolutely terrified that I would not be able to find someone who understood my hair. After my trial with Carly, I was so relieved/excited -- not only could she confidently work with my hair, she totally understood the romantic, natural vibe I was after! Leading up to my wedding day, the Jewel office was very communicative, and patiently worked with me to finalize our timeline-- no easy task with 13 ladies getting their hair styled! On the day of, Carly and her assistant arrived early and ready to go. It amazed me at how quickly and patiently they worked, expertly working with a variety of hair types (and ladies aged 10 to 90!). They were a pleasure to have around in such a hectic morning, and I am so pleased with how beautiful and unique everyone's hair looked! For a professional experience, gorgeous hair and a stress-free wedding morning, I so highly recommend booking Jewel HD!

Profile Picture Angelina, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Multi. Stylists

Julie and her assistant Kali were AMAZING and so sweet to work with for our wedding! Jewel Hair Design has an office manager/assistant, Bella, who is very responsive to emails; she and Julie made booking and scheduling so easy (this means a lot to a busy bride!) Julie and Kali did 10 beautiful updos in under 5 hours on our wedding day. Not only were they quick, but they are absolute perfectionists; everyone loved their hair and we received several compliments from our wedding guests. The hair styles were elegant yet fun and matched the tone of our wedding perfectly. I highly recommend you hire Jewel Hair Design for your wedding, y'all will love them!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/9/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair

If you are having your wedding in the Virginia area, I highly recommend Vyvy! She was an absolute gem! She came to our apartment for the trial and made adjustments based off my impressions. She was able to master my bridal look perfectly for the day, and it was able to withstand the 35 mph winds!! She also transformed my mother and mother-in law's bobbed hair to truly elegant updos. Even my makeup artist was blown away with Vyvy's skills, and she has seen a lot of hairstylists!

Profile Picture Jeanie, 4/9/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Hair

Such great work done by Jewel for our wedding day! I worked with Julie and Carly and they were amazing. My hair was beautiful and so was the other women in the wedding. They were both very professional but also very nice and accommodating. They worked with each individual person to make sure they got the style they wanted. Julie did my hair and made it into a masterpiece - I have short hair so I got extensions and the end product was unreal. All in all a wonderful experience and I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture User4823916, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Julie and Carly did my hair + 7 bridesmaids + 2 mothers + 1 grandmother's hair for my wedding. I added the 7 bridesmaids to the list the week of the wedding and they were so accommodating! They provided me with a timeline and finish everyone's hair within 4-5 hours. They also had time to spare in between hair sessions! Everyone LOVED their hair and I was in love with my hairstyle! Julie worked her magic on my hair and I've never seen it so beautiful and voluminous before. It is also important to note that I am extremely picky with my hair and makeup and care a lot about details. For both the trial and day-of hairstyle, I did not have to ask for any major or minor tweaks to my hair. It was perfect the way she did it! Jewel Hair Design was also one of my favorite vendors to work with because they were so organized and prompt to answer any of my questions and concerns. They definitely know what they're doing!

Profile Picture User5219960, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so incredibly grateful I found Julie Flury + Team to create the ultimate wedding hair for me, my family, and bridal party. Julie is INSANELY talented and AMAZING at her job and she is poised, professional, and fun to have around in all of the preparation leading up to the ceremony and reception. I am still drooling over the style she created and absolutely love how we all looked in every single photo. After hiring Julie, I don't think I could have anyone else to do my hair other than her or her team for an important event, as I don't think I would trust anyone as much as them - knowing how goo they are and what fabulousness they create! They're absolutely phenomenal and you will not regret one penny spent on their efforts!

Profile Picture Suzi, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Multi. Stylists, Blowouts, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

Isabel of Jewel Hair Design is an amazing artist! She created a beautiful updo for me on my wedding day and created gorgeous hairstyles for my bridesmaids. From my hair trial to my actual wedding day, my experience working with Isabel and the team at Jewel Hair Design was a wonderful, stress-free experience and I can’t wait to book again for future events!

Profile Picture Reema, 11/8/15, 6 Reviews