Jessica Johnston Photography Reviews

Jessica Johnston Photography 3
Jessica Johnston Photography 4
Jessica Johnston Photography 5

Elizabeth · Married on 06/02/2018

Jessica and her partner did an amazing job the day of our wedding! Her pictures are timeless and classic! We felt so comfortable with her there and she helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera! My husband and I can not wait to use her in the future when we grow our family!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Liz, Thank you so much for your sweet comments! Your day was so beautiful and it was my pleasure to be there with you guys! I look forward to seeing you guys again!

Alyssa · Married on 05/20/2018

Jessie was absolutely wonderful! Durring the ceremony and reception she did a great job of staying back but captured every moment!

Sent on 06/17/2018
    Jessica Johnston Photography 6
    Jessica Johnston Photography 7
    Jessica Johnston Photography 8
    Jessica Johnston Photography 9
    Jessica Johnston Photography 10

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Alyssa! You and Caleb had such a beautiful wedding day! <3 You all were a pleasure to work with!

Jessie was extremely flexible and professional. Made our wedding day fun and smooth! Pictures delivered quickly!! Amazing experience with both engagement and wedding pictures!!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy with your experience! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, it means so much to me!

No complaints! Professional, flexible, and great to work with.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my business! I appreciate it so much!

Anthony · Married on 08/08/2015

Jessie was just wonderful to work with! My bridesmaids have made multiple comments since my August 2015 wedding that she "was just fabulous!" and that they have some photographer envy.

My husband picked Jessie as our photographer after grilling her via Skype, since we were planning the wedding in Indiana long distance from Boston. She was very responsive and is VERY easy to talk to. She was able to answer all his questions- and he was being picky and had a laundry list of things he was looking for!

We were SO pleased by Jessie's work. The pictures are high quality and she captured every part of our day. She even remembered to take pictures that I had forgotten that I even asked for. During the day all I had to do was catch her eye and she was quick to capture any extra moments. She was extremely professional but also made us feel relaxed and comfortable. It was like being photographed by a graceful and loving friend who was also amazing at her job. She was able to flow in and out of the background and was unobtrusive, but captured everything I wanted and more.

I was especially pleased that she caught the details that we had put work into that otherwise might have gone unnoticed. She also captured especially beautiful shots of me and of my flower girl. She is great at herding big families into pictures too!

We got printing rights to all of our photographs and a huge online gallery (that my mom looks at all the time). She also provided both color and black and white versions of the shots.

I would use Jessie again in a heartbeat!

Caroline · Married on 07/21/2012

My husband and I used Jessie as our photographer for our wedding two years ago and we continue to rave about her services and photos. Jessie is an excellent photographer. She provided a professional and unique experience for us throughout our special day. Each picture turned out beautiful and we were more than happy with each result. We would highly recommend her services and photography to any friend!

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! You had such a beautiful wedding and you two are a beautiful couple. Win win :) Thank you for your kind words - I appreciate them more than I can say. :)

Paulynn · Married on 06/05/2010

Jessie was amazing! My husband and I are not photogenic people & she did an fantastic job capturing our best sides. We loved the engagement, our private meeting before the ceremony, family, and candid photos. Jessie is also one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

You are so sweet and I appreciate these words so much!! You were a beautiful bride and now a beautiful mama. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of your special day! Thank you for taking the time to review my business, your words are so kind.

Tricia · event on: 07/30/2014

We had a wonderful experience with Jessica Johnston Photography. Jessica photographed our family during a newborn session. She was not only professional, but was also very personable and showed much grace and gentle care when dealing with both of our girls. I was so impressed with her patience! She was able to talk and relate to our temperamental three year old so that she would sit still long enough to get some good shots. Our two week old daughter who normally sleeps much of the time ,was unexpectedly awake when we started the session. Jessica held and rocked her for as long as it took to get her in a sleepy state so she could get some adorable baby shots.

I really liked all of the backdrops and baby props/accessories she provided for the shoot and loved that we got to take some pictures outdoors too. I could not be happier with the way the photos turned out. She knew exactly how to position our newborn to get those really precious, posed baby shots, and she was also able to capture some very sweet, candid moments with our family. I highly recommend Jessica Johnston Photography and plan on booking future sessions.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Tricia - your review almost brought me to tears! You are so sweet and I can't tell you how happy it made me to know you enjoyed the session and the images. Your family was an absolute pleasure to work with, I would snuggle your baby girl any day! Thank you for choosing me to document your sweet girls and I would LOVE to work with you again in the future. Thank you thank you thank you.

Sonya · event on: 11/24/2010

We've had a Maternity shoot and family photos. Sorry...there wasn't an appropriate event choice above so I selected Anniversary. Jessie's the best! She produces amazing images to remember any event in your life!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback! You are so sweet and I'm so glad you like your images. You all made my job easy....such a beautiful family, inside and out :)

Stacy · event on: 10/10/2013

We loved having Jessica shoot our 5 day old babe! She did an incredible job, and I felt she was much more reasonable than a lot of photographers in the area. We've recommended her to others and will use her for all of our family photos moving forward. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Stacy - Thank you so so much for this wonderful review! I definitely look forward to working with you all again in the future :)

Carolyn · event on: 06/14/2012

Jessie has photographed my family for nearly 2 years. She's professional in a very familiar way, she has become like one of the family herself! I love how she falls in love with the people she photographs. Not only is she a joy to work with, but her photos are precious - they capture moments, not poses. I definitely need more wall space for her work, because it takes me into that special moment every time I look. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Well I couldn't have asked for a sweeter review. Thank you, Carolyn, you have just made my day!

Aida · event on: 08/25/2014

Jessica was great to work with. She was very professional and quick to reply during our communications. The images we got after our photo session were excellent. They were everything we expected and more. She has a real talent at taking newborn pictures. I would recommend her to anyone looking to get newborn pictures.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Aida! It was my pleasure to photograph your sweet baby girl. You and James are adoring parents and made my job so easy. Thank you for choosing me to document your baby girl (who is probably getting so big already!) and I sincerely hope that you'll choose me to document her milestones in the future! Thank you!

Cynthia · event on: 09/27/2014

Annual family pictures are so stressful on me that I am surprised I don't break out in worry spots or have my hair fall completely out. I am dressing 3 six year olds, a color blind husband worried about thinning hair (no, honey, you can't wear a hat) and I can't seem to unclump my mascara and worry I am today's Tammy Faye! Jessica Johnston to the RESCUE!! As a repeat customer with Jessica Johnston Photography, I need a professional photographer who can join our team and amaze us each time when we surpass the impossibly great prior experience! We just had our photos taken for this year (we have been loyal clients since 2008) and each session is fresh, new and oh, so much fun! Jessica has the amazing talent of taking the best picture ever and you have no idea that she did it. She is engaging and gives great direction to get the best results -- particularly when working with 3 wiggly kids and 2 adults hoping their own hair and tummy areas are looking fabulous. The highest recommendation for possible for someone who is looking for a cut above in service and end results!

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Well WOW - I couldn't have written a sweeter review myself! :) You are so kind and I appreciate these words more than you know! THANK YOU!

Molly · Married on 10/13/2012

Jessica Johnston also had taken pictures at my sister's wedding in July of 2012, so I had an idea of what to expect. She took some of the most beautiful photos at my sister's wedding, and I was so excited to see the outcome of the photos from mine. She had an incredibly professional demeanor and was great at rallying the troops and "herding cats" when it came time for all of the family photos. She also kind of blended into the background and caught all of the important moments without ever being imposing. She chronicled the evening with grace and style, and I have an amazing set of memories to cherish for years to come as a result of her craft.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly enjoyed working with you and your husband and your day was beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about my photography and I am flattered and so pleased you love your images!
  • User4368966 · event on: 01/29/2012

She took such care posing my little one for the pictures. She even brought a small heater to keep her warm while we got some great naked pics.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for me! Gotta keep those sweet new babies warm :)

Natalie · Married on 05/18/2013

Excellent pictures! Always beautiful

Thank you!

Overall, I was very happy with Jessica Johnston's work. My only advice is to make sure to be very specific about what photos you want taken. I assumed that because I purchased the package with 2 photographers, there would be pictures of all of my wedding guests and nothing would be missed. I am happy with the quality of her work, her professionalism, and her friendliness. However, I would give her more direction if I were to do it again!

Jessica Johnston Photography's reply:

I am so sorry you felt this way about your wedding coverage. I would love to talk more with you about this to see if we can fix this issue. I always give clients photos that represent their entire day and have never "missed" an event or anything that was a significant part of the day, so maybe we could talk and clear up this miscommunication. If there was a specific guest (outside of the wedding party and immediate family) that you wanted photographed I would have loved for that to be a part of your "List of Must Have Photos" that goes with the contract you submitted so I could have accommodated that request. Please don't hesitate to contact me to talk about this further! Thanks so much!