11 Reviews for Jess Villanueva Photography

11 Jess Villanueva Photography Reviews

4.7

We hired Jess for our anniversary party. We are very happy with the pictures & they were delivered on time. He covered everything & was extremely patient, which helps. He made sure we got what we wanted. Would highly recommend him!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4482436, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jess was amazing!! He was incredibly patient and made sure we got all the photos that we wanted. It was great working with Jess and his wife. All the guests complemented on what a great job that they did and were very pleased with being able to take photos of the poses they were setting up.

Profile Picture Abby, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jesse did an amazing job photographing our wedding! Not only did the pictures come out beautifully, but he was professional as well as friendly. Even though we chose to use his services on a hourly basis and did not pay for any of his packages, making it very affordable, he still treated us as if we were VIP clients. He made every attempt to satisfy our needs including changing appointments at the last minute to accommodate our schedule and taking additional family photos. I would absolutely recommend Jesse to anyone looking for a professional photographer.

Profile Picture Dawn, 7/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The most dreaded portion of our nuptials for my bride and I was the photography. Neither of us enjoys having our picture taken, therefore we really do not like paying someone to take our picture. Luckily enough, we had Jess Villanueva. He made us feel so comfortable and relaxed that he actually had to ask us to "be serious for a second" because we could not stop laughing and smiling (while laughing and smiling are great, they can prove rather awkward when trying for a more romantic shot). Jess made the engagement photo session quite enjoyable, and the pictures that were produced looked stunning. Jess was really able to capture how happy my bride (fiancée at the time) makes me. A day of photography that we were fearing turned into a day of fun.
At the wedding Jess truly showed us his skills. He blended with the family and friends in order to capture shots of intimacy, joy, and sharing that will warm our family every time they are viewed. Jess was impressive when dealing with our guests, too. We had quite a few amateur profession photographers in attendance (dad, nephew, friend, etc.) and even through all of the disruptions and flashes Jess produced images that really do make everyone in attendance look their best. Jess just seems able to make things look better than they look without his eye and his lens. From our very first interaction with Jess to our final viewing (a viewing in which Jess actually reserved a private room and set up a big viewing screen) my beautiful bride and I were treated incredibly well. Most businesses that my wife and I contacted about being a part of our special day heard the "W" word (wedding) and their prices took off like an Olympic sprinter. Instead, Jess made our every interaction special. Special, as every dealing we had with Jess was an integral part of our special event.

Profile Picture Tate, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jesse was such a pleasure to work with. I found him on wedding wire after looking through tons of photographers. His website and photos really caught my eye - he has a certain artistic quality that you don't see in many photographers. We are so happy with our pictures and the quality of service he provided!

I cannot be happier at how beautiful the pictures turned out. He has a way of capturing those special moments that come naturally, instead of those forced cheesy poses that you may see in other photographer's pictures. He was really easy to work with during the wedding also, and knew exactly where to be to capture the perfect moment. I'm also very happy with the final pictures - just perfectly edited and not distracting, but enhancing the feel of the photo just as if you were there. I appreciate his attention to detail and this really shows in the final photos. Every time I look at the photos it's like re-living that special day all over again.

I cannot stress how easy he was to work with! From the very beginning, for the engagement photos, the wedding, and all the way until we had our final pictures shipped. He only takes a few clients a year, which means that whoever is lucky to book him will have someone who will give plenty of time and attention to your wedding. I highly recommend Jesse to anyone looking for an amazing photographer. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Erika, 8/30/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Very professional, on time and helpful in one of the most stressful times in a persons life.
Pictures were amazing and over delivered what was promised.
Will definitely use Jesse again and would recommend to friends and family.

Profile Picture User3633368, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

He was amazing with our wedding:)

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jesse was not only an amazing photographer, but he went above and beyond to let us know that he cared about our wedding day and about us as clients. Jesse’s organization, flexibility, and availability made the planning process stress free. Jesse’s experience with weddings helped us work out day of timelines and traditions that made taking pictures memorable and enjoyable. We are so thankful that we found Jesse to help us remember such an important day. We would recommend him to any of our friends and family. Some are already asking about him because they love our pictures so much!

Profile Picture User3442064, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Professionalism: I only wish that during the family portraits after the ceremony you guys could have been more controlling of the positions people chose. I think it is more professional to suggest where people ought to stand and to tell them when there might be a better configuration rather than letting everyone just sort of crowd in.

Value: The packages were great for us as the bride and groom, but my family could not afford anything from the website.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kay, 1/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jess Villanueva provided us with the most artistic and creative pictures, more than we could have ever imagined. The angles that he shot from and the pictures that he gave to us were so amazing!! ~ more than dramatic and gorgeous, they were PRICELESS!!! He was very skillful and professional, and moved around using different angles, lenses and shot from different locations. We are so blessed that he was our photographer, ~ he really knew how to capture the moment and tell the story our magical day through his photography. I would recommend him to anybody!! Also I would like to add that I am definitely not the photogenic type, ~ as I tend to feel awkward and unattractive and usually hide from the camera (which is hard to do on a wedding day), but Jesse made me feel comfortable and I was beyond happy when I got the pictures because for the first time in my life I actually loved pictures of me. He definitely made us look our best, we even had quite a few people tell us that some of the pics of my husband looked like it should have been a billboard ad for 'The Men's Warehouse' (you know the add that says "you're gunna love the way you look; We guarantee it"). lol. All the details of our magical day were there on film and I will cherish them all the days of my life. I would hire Jess for any special event, I am beyond satisfied with his services, ~ God has given him an incredible gift and talent for photography. Thank you Jesse!!!
(PS If you want to see the pics of our wedding I would be proud to post them on here if it is possible)

Sincerely,

Amme

Profile Picture AMME, 5/19/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

When Jesse was recommended to us by our pastor, we were a little hesitant because we already got a photographer who we paid ALOT of money to cover our wedding. Back then Jesse was just starting up his portfolio so our pastor asked if Jesse could cover our wedding to help his portfolio. Not knowing Jesse personally at that time, we were just expecting just a mediocre performance knowing the fact given that he was starting up and that he has not done a wedding cover in our venue at Swan-E-Set in Vancouver BC (if youre looking for a great venue..) compared to the photographer that we already hired.

It is safe to say that Jesse Villanueva BLEW AWAY our expectations. He was able to cover both our before-the-wedding shoot. He was able to take AMAZING (and I mean AMAZING..) photos without compromising the main photographers work. We gave Jesse his own time to direct some shots in which he did great. Jesse was very professional and made us feel like were natural models. He was never behind the schedule and was present 100% of the wedding, responding to our photo needs. He also took some really good reception shots, made our dance look professional in photo, and capture some of the exciting and emotional memories.

I cannot take away credit to our main photographer as he did a good job aswell, but if given the situation that I knew Jesse and the quality of his work beforehand, I would have definitely take him as our main photographer. Jesse has provided us outstanding cover that one would expect from a photographer whos been in business for many years. Very professional and high quality photos. I would highly recommend Jesse Villanueva Photography!

Profile Picture Daryll/Shentellie, 7/29/11, 1 Review