Jenqphotography Reviews

15 | Grand Rapids, MI

15 Reviews for Jenqphotography

Molli · Married on 05/12/2018

Jen is absolutely awesome. Not only are her pictures incredible but she is a joy to work with. There's something to be said about having a photographer that you are comfortable with and Jen is definitely that person. From our engagement pictures to our wedding day she made my husband and I feel so comfortable and everything felt effortless. She truly is an artist and can get some really fun artistic shots, while also sticking with some classic ones as well. I recommend her to anyone who's getting married. She is absolutely phenomenal.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Emily · Married on 08/05/2017

Jen was hands-down the best decision I made in planning my wedding!

I was immediately impressed with her when we met and shot our engagement photos. She seemed to quickly "get" us and I could tell she was shooting photos tailored to us, putting us in poses that felt natural and comfortable. She was really funny and positive and knew she would fit right in with our friends and family. We loved the way our engagement photos turned out, and were so excited to see our wedding photos.

I was worried about our timeline and making sure we had enough time for the photos I wanted, and Jen made sure to stick with our schedule throughout our day. She helped me pick downtown locations and work through the logistics of taking our trolley downtown. She worked quickly and efficiently, and she moved so fast the bridal party couldn't believe we were done with pictures. She was so kind and throughout the evening was always beyond professional.

Our wedding photos are incredible, we are so happy with the quality and we know that Jen helped make our vision a reality. We have heard so many compliments about our wedding photos and they are so beautiful. I know I will be calling Jen to do our photos for years to come!
    I cannot recommend her enough for your wedding, or for any life event!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Danielle · Married on 11/07/2015

When my new husband and I were planning our wedding and it came time to pick a photographer, there was not a doubt that we would use JenQ. She had done my sister’s wedding photos 2 years prior. I fell in love with her work. There is no limit Jen will go to in getting that perfect shot. She is fun, charismatic and makes you feel so comfortable. Even through my nerves she made me laugh and to that got some of my favorite shots. She spends the time to capture all of those fun moments in your wedding that you would normally forget. Looking back at my photos from the bridal party getting ready, taking shots of the venue and even my accessories I wore that day photographed were some of my favorites. She is so talented! If you are looking for that million dollar photo shoot on a reasonable budget she is absolutely the photographer for you! Thank you JenQ for making our day so amazing and for capturing the memories we want to last a life time! Matt and Danielle Leigh

Sent on 11/12/2015

Jenqphotography's reply:

This review may or may not have made me tear up a little..... xoxo Danielle and Matt!!

Renee · Married on 07/17/2014

WOW! Jen Q is unbelievably talented. I found Jen from looking at pictures of a friends’ wedding and I fell in love with her work. She has such a beautiful and artistic touch that I was looking for. I was fortunate enough to be able to book Jen on a short notice. She was flexible to our arrangements since we got married out of town, and she was great about traveling and making everything work out. Not only did we have Jen shoot our wedding, she did a boudoir shoot for me to make a photo book for my husband to give to him at our first look. And she didn’t stop there; she even shot my trash-the-dress shoot the very next morning after the wedding. I have received nothing but wonderful compliments on our wedding pictures. From our first conversation on the phone to the last email I have enjoyed every interaction. Everyone looks fantastic in our pictures and she captured so many unexpected moments. You would feel so lucky to have her capture your memories of your special occasion for you!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Tiffany · Married on 06/21/2014

Before our wedding I was living out of state. Catching up with vendors was not the easiest process but Jen was phenomenal at working with us to schedule engagement and wedding pictures. She was nothing but professional and flexible to our needs during the entire process. Including making sure I gave her needed information to make the day smoother.

The day of our wedding was perfectly captured in Jen's work and I couldn't be happier with our memories. She didn't miss a moment right down to our "mini" break dancers and family memories represented by the "little" stuff. The picture quality and editing was beautifully done and simple to have printed.

We highly recommend JenQPhotography and plan on having Jen capture many more family moments in the future :)

Sent on 03/20/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2014

Jen was so great to work with! Throughout the planning process she was so nice, helpful, and quick to get a hold of through email, answering any questions I needed. On the day of she was SOO friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable, and had plenty of recommendations about where to take wedding party pictures in downtown Grand Rapids (my now husband and I live in Chicago so were not as familiar with all the great new places in the city). Her pictures turned out wonderful too! They will be a great keepsake to remember our wedding day by. On top of all of that, her prices are very reasonable. We were so fortunate to have had Jen as our photographer and hope to use her for our future family pictures! I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 06/17/2014

We used Jen Q for our engagement and wedding photos. For our engagement photos, it was a surprise location for my soon to be bride. Jen helped me find what I was looking for and told me she would check it out before going there so we knew what to expect. The location was perfect with a barn and a few fall colors left! She was always easy to get a hold of and answered any questions and offered her expertise on anything we needed. She made us feel very comfortable-not all people are capable of doing that with same sex couples. Actually the original photographer we were referred to made a big deal about posting pictures on her personal page versus her professional page. Jen was horrified for us and quickly made us feel like friends! She was excited for us and you could tell by her actions. On wedding day, she arrived to me first for make up, hair, etc. She made her rounds to everyone else and we had great scenery for our group shots! The sun was peeking out, so I wish she would have moved me or adjusted just because I feel like I am squinting in a lot of pictures. We were running out of time before the ceremony, so some of the shots aren't centered or given as much attention as others, but overall we have great shots. Jen is a great person and open to suggestions and if you make sure you are on the same page it will be perfect for you day and memories.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Lindsey · Married on 11/09/2013

I was running out of time to book my photographer and had a tight budget. Jen came highly recommended, and was the best decision ever. The quality of her work is amazing. She was open to any and all of my ideas and had some awesome suggestion as well. She makes having your photos taken a breeze, even for those that don't like to be photographed (my husband). Her price point is more than fair for the quality. I have sent many friends her way and have had her do some family photos for us as well. Never disappointed.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Joe · Married on 06/01/2013

Jen is amazing. Great pricing, very professional, and very pleasant to work with.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Heather · Married on 05/18/2013

Great photopgrapher - very friendly and helpful. The pictures turned out beautiful and I get nothing but wonderful comments on them from friends and family.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2013

Jen Q is an amazing artist! She was able to capture all of the important wedding pictures as well as the fun ones! We had so much fun going through out pictures! She is amazing person to work and we will be using her in the future!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Anna · Married on 09/10/2011

I found Jen 4 years ago, when I was looking for a photographer for our wedding. We wanted someone who not only was amazing at photography, but someone with the artistic edge to capture memories in a way that truly captured the moment emotionally.
    Jen was like a sister on our big day- she was there for me in every way, and went above and beyond to make sure I was having the best day of my life. Our photos turned out beautifully, and to this day, my husband and I still receive so many compliments on our wedding album. We loved our pictures so much that we followed up with family pictures over the summer, and no surprise that we absolutely loved them!
    When it came time for my sister's wedding last year, without hesitation they turned to Jen, and couldn't wait for her to capture their big day!
    The bottom line- Jen has a gift. She has the talent and skill to highlight the most brilliant moments, and freeze them in time, to remember always. We love her work, and know that we'll continue to have her photogragh our family and special occasions throughout the years.
    She's simply the best.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

Jen is an amazing photographer and she definitely knows what she's doing. I've had her do boudoir shoot, family photos and wedding photos and will continue to use her.. I love her work!!! only thing I would suggest is if you have "must have" shots let her know or even hire a second photographer so everything you want is covered.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Nikki · Married on 10/12/2013

We loved her and intend to use JenQ Photography for our future family!!
    The only bummer was that there was so much going on during the ceremony/reception that we never got any pictures with/of the grooms parents. And the dance floor pictures looked blurry from a technique she used to show movement which we didn't like, but it was only on a few pictures so we were still very pleased with everything she did. I have already recommended JenQ to everyone that asks me for a good photographer :)

Sent on 12/06/2013
  • Mike

Mike C. · Married on 06/01/2019

Awesome Wedding Photography

My Wife and I had Jen as our wedding photographer this past June at Egypt Valley Country Club in Ada, MI. We got our final photos a few weeks ago and are absolutely thrilled with the results!

Professionalism/Personality: Jen is a blast to be around and makes the day a lot of fun (which is important because you spend all day with your photographer). She has a bubbly personality and you can tell that she loves her job. Jen is obviously very comfortable shooting weddings and knows when and where to be places for the right shot. All of her communication and delivery of the final pictures was very professional.

Photo Quality: Jen's photos are very well shot with good use of lighting and the scenery of the wedding venue. She was able to turn some rather plain shooting locations into very interesting back drops. We communicated ahead of time what kind of style we liked best (large depth of field blur and some posed photos) and she made those shots happen perfectly in addition to some that are her style that we loved as well. In the planning of the wedding she asked us lots of questions about how much we wanted her involved, what photos we were hoping to get, and how long we wanted her at the wedding.

Value: In my opinion, your wedding photographer is a crucial element to you wedding day. They are responsible for saving all those memories for years to come. I really feel that we got a great value from Jen, in the quality of pictures, in the surprising number of final images delivered to us, and in having a fun person to share our day with us.

Would we recommend?: Absolutely! Jen was a blast to work with and did a great job. I would recommend to share your expectations ahead of time so she can make them happen. The only thing we would have done differently would have been to get a second shooter (provided by Jen) to capture the family tables and other things the main photographer cannot easily do.

Sent on 07/31/2019