39 Reviews for Jenny Dee Photography

Second Shooter (1)
Engagement Shoot (1)
Digital Files (1)

When my wife and I were looking for a photographer for our wedding, we came across a lot of websites with beautiful photos but sadly we could not find any that had gay and lesbian weddings. We were starting to feel discouraged because we were already feeling like most of society gears weddings towards straight couples and we just wanted to find a photographer who had experience with some diversity. A friend of mine found JennyDee's website for us and I was so happy to see an inter-racial couple and a lesbian couple on her front page! We knew then that Jenny might be the one! :) Needless to say, from the first meet and greet with her and her husband George, they not only made us feel comfortable and had a calm energy, but she came organized and prepared with her portfolio of some of her work. I don't want to keep you in suspense any longer....we ended up hiring JennyDee and we could not be happier with our decision! We did an engagement photo shoot as well. Jenny and Geo were always fun to work with, always on time and listened to our needs! Jenny's work is absolutely beautiful! She has such an eye for capturing moments and when we got our photos back from the wedding, it was like re-living the most awesome day of our lives all over again! Not only was the work top quality but they were super fun to work with! Hire JennyDee for any of your important events and you will NOT regret it!

Profile Picture Cyndi, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jenny and George were awesome from start to finish, and their pictures are incredible. My wife and I hired Jennydee Photography for our wedding in July, as well as an engagement shoot a few months prior. Our initial contact was easy and clear, and we then met at a local coffee shop to discuss, see example shots, and just meet. Jenny and George are both very friendly, easy going, and straight-forward in a good way. We really appreciated their attitude, experience, and prior work, so we hired them.
We had our engagement shoot a little while later, and they were early and came very prepared. They were very good with shooting our dogs in the shots with us as well, which was a must for us. We even made them hike their gear up a pretty good sized hill, and they were awesome about it! Jenny edited and got those pictures back to us very quickly, and made them fully available to us in full resolution.
For our wedding, Jenny and George were organized, communicative, and efficient. They were also patient, fun, and sweet--but honestly their experienced guidance through the pictures was crucial for getting through all the sets of people and various shots you want to get. Jenny also traveled to where my wife was getting ready in the morning for additional shots, and was a calm and welcome presence.
We very quickly received our first edited shots back, and our complete edited album (700+ photos from multiple cameras!) was available to us in less than 4 weeks. Incredibly fast turnaround time, and every single shot looks beautiful. Our photos are everything we could've possibly hoped for. There is everything--classic portrait shots, beautiful scenery shots, artful shots, candid shots. They are all framed well, good lighting, and highly varied. Every important moment was captured perfectly, and many sweet candid moments were captured as well.
Jennydee also provides all photos--edited, full resolution, no watermark--to you. No printing through them required.

Profile Picture J, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

JennyDee did a great job shooting our wedding in May. Both Jenny and George were very friendly and well-organized and easy to work with overall. We got tons of fantastic photos both from our wedding day, as well as our engagement shoot, and we’re really pleased with the quality of Jenny’s work, especially the outdoor shots. We thought Jenny was very reasonably priced for the quality. We would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Tracy, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Jenny for our wedding was GREAT. She was super easygoing, and from the very first we were on the same page about what sort of photos we wanted (lots of candids, lots of fun, the basic minimum on pre-posed and cheesy stuff). We did an engagement photo session with her, which turned out incredibly wonderful - she and George were fun to work with, and the photos turned out great.

For the wedding proper, Jenny & George made sure we had a good list of required photos (all the family groups, etc.), without going overboard. Again, super easy to work with - flexible when we had to shift things around and got what they needed to without demanding very much of us. We got the photos back and they're terrific. The only tiny ding on the score is because it took awhile to get the photos back - which I totally understand, because Jenny was super-busy in the back half of the summer.

Icing on the cake: we really liked Jenny & George! They were great photographers, but also really fun and really friendly. A++ would hire to take photos again, A++ would hang out with anytime.

Profile Picture User7415900, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I booked Jenny and Geo for both our engagement shoot and our wedding photography. They were a real pleasure to work with: professional, courteous and punctual (they arrive early--all the time!). We loved how they captured the vibrant colors of our outdoor venue, and that they reminded us to take some silly photos along with the serious ones. From our first consultation on Skype to our wedding day, Jenny was helpful and responsive. On the big day, she and Geo hovered behind the scenes capturing every special moment. I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you need photography done--you could pay twice and much and not get a result half as good.

Profile Picture Karen, 5/14/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Jenny and her husband were great to work with for our October 10 wedding. They were very responsive and flexible during the planning process, and were also flexible on the day of the wedding as our timeline shifted. We just got our pictures back and couldn't be happier with the results. Jenny had to deal with a tight timeline and some challenging lighting (we had our ceremony outside at sunset, facing the sun) but still managed to exceed our expectations. I'd recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were lucky to have Jenny and her husband George photograph our wedding in Brentwood, CA. Jenny e-mailed us a few weeks prior to the wedding date and set up a video conference call to plan out our whole wedding day. She really took a lot of the stress out of the equation with her useful planning sheet and shot list. We just filled out the photos we needed and George shepherded us around the day-of to make sure the photos on our list were taken. They were very patient with us when we pulled them over to take several group shots at our homemade backdrop and they still managed to capture AMAZING candid photos of our friends and family during the reception. We really love the candids and the outdoor portraits. Jenny and George are easygoing, fun, timely, and have excellent communication.

Profile Picture Barton, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jenny and her husband George are absolutely wonderful! Both as photographers and people. My husband and I got along so well with them that we meet up and hang out any time we are close. In a photographer capacity, Jenny takes stunning photos. We were so blown away with our wedding photos! Her framing, attention to detail, and eye for the artistic are outstanding. The quality of editing that comes along with the photos is flawless. Seriously, best editing ever. Jenny can make any location stunning in her photos, and any face flawless without looking extremely airbrushed.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We just received our wedding pictures back and couldn't be more thrilled with how they turned out! Jenny did a great job in capturing the moments from our Sonoma wedding. We were a destination wedding so our planning was mainly done through email, phone and Skype. Jenny was always very responsive and always got us what we needed and answered our questions.

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jenny and her husband shot our wedding in May 2015 and we couldn't have been happier with the results. We were looking for someone who would be reasonably priced, personable, responsible, and who would make sure we felt comfortable and relaxed the day-of. Jenny and George delivered on all fronts. While booking our wedding vendors we were doing some long term travelling abroad and Jenny and George were great sports and agreed to an introductory meeting via Skype which allowed us to get a feel for their personalities and assured us they would be a good fit. We also sat down together in the month or so leading up to the wedding to talk through our vision of the day and make sure we had an idea of what was important to us. She also made a few suggestions that were very helpful and her templates for scheduling family photos made life much easier. The morning of our wedding Jenny and George arrived at the Palace of Fine arts well in advance of our agreed meeting time to make sure they had plenty of time to park and scout locations before capturing our first look photos. They came up with some great ideas for photo locations and captured the feeling we wanted. When we took a few photos at Crissy Field, they also made sure to capture the low key, beachy vibe without capturing too many people wandering around in their sweats :) They were also really cool about traipsing all the way back across the city for our ceremony and reception. The photos of our ceremony and reception turned out great, too. Jenny described her style to me as "photo-journalistic" and I'd say that's accurate; it also turned out to be a style we loved. They did a great job capturing candid shots of what was actually happening around us, rather than focusing on heavily-posed groups or portrait sessions. We loved finding out about moments we'd missed during the day. Jenny was the right choice for us and we're super happy with our wedding photos. She made our day that much more special :)

Profile Picture Caroline, 5/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Outstanding! When it comes to a wedding, the photographer is one of the most important necessities. Jenny and George were more than we expected. We had an outdoor wedding ceremony and reception at a winery near Santa Rosa and we have amazing pictures! Jenny and George were accommodating, patient, caring, and fun; they met all of our requests with the inclusion of our family. As professionals, their attention to detail is one to be rivaled. as they captured every lovely moment with great lighting and focus. These photos magnify my feelings of reminiscence and make me relive such a wonderful day. Thank you Jenny and George!

Profile Picture Elaine, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jenny and her husband George were fantastic. We hired her over the web/phone for our elopement at city hall. Jenny was super easy to communicate with and very prompt in responding. It was her first time shooting at City Hall, and the pictures came out fantastic. I am getting tons of compliments about how amazing our photographer was, and how well she captured me and my partner. They were super easy to work and added to the greatness and comfort of the day! I highly recommend!!

Profile Picture User5013343, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I are pretty laid back, casual people, so when we were looking for a photographer for our backyard wedding we wanted the same. Jenny and her husband, George, were a perfect fit! They were laid back, casual, fun and had a great eye to capture the kind of photos we were looking for. They were both so easy to work with and open to suggestions. We got married in October and totally lucked out with the weather. Jenny and George perfectly captured our wedding! I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Finding the right wedding photographer can be a daunting experience in that there are so many to choose from. We really lucked out in finding Jenny Dee. We wanted to find a photographer that was easy to work with (check!), responsive (double check), not crazy expensive (check!), had a fun and casual style (definitely, check!), ....and had a "good eye" to capture those special moments (triple check!). Jenny Dee is all those things.

Jenny and her husband, George, are a great team....and it truly felt as if we "got two for the price of one."

We're a gay couple and it was important that we work with a photographer that "got us" and would create a comfortable environment that brought out the best in us.

Profile Picture Craig, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We chose Jenny to be our wedding photographer mainly for these reasons: price, personality, and photography style. We could not find a photographer in the area (San Francisco) that beat her price. Jenny was very responsive as we emailed back and forth during the month prior to the wedding, and very personable meeting in person and while shooting photos. I liked how she did not charge us more per hour to have an assistant work with her (as some other photographers do). During the photos, she was pleasant to work with, gave helpful suggestions, and was not overbearing (one thing I personally do not like is having someone tell me what to do, or how to pose, every other second :)) )

The photos turned out great, and we have over 1,100 of them (although some with weird expressions on our faces or closed eyes- not her fault, it's impossible to look perfect for every single picture lol). Some of my favorites are the candid shots, and there were plenty of pictures of our guests that I'm going to be printing out and mailing as thank-you cards.

From the start, Jenny asked us what we specifically wanted, and she gave us just that.

Profile Picture User4382182, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jenny and George were wonderful to work with! They were receptive, responsive, friendly, unobtrusive, affordable and talented. Our wedding photos look beautiful.

Profile Picture User4143992, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Thank you Jenny Dee Photography for a spectacular job with our elopement in Napa Valley! Jenny was fantastic with communication throughout the entire process and extremely willing to accommodate our needs for the small, private ceremony. We came to Napa from Minneapolis and actually didn’t even know what our exact location was going to be until about 5 hours before the ceremony was held. Jenny and George were incredibly helpful in allowing us the time to find the perfect spot, even though they had to do some traveling themselves to get there. The pictures turned out beautifully and got back to us at lightning speed – we couldn’t have asked for a better experience the entire way!

Profile Picture Miranda, 4/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jenny and her husband, George, were available, informative, friendly and helped prepare for our wedding - AND their services are great. Wonderful, beautiful photography and quick service in getting our pictures to us! Thank you so much, Jenny!

Profile Picture User3422973, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had a low key backyard wedding as we weren't looking for a bell and whistle event. One of our major concerns was that we wanted both ourselves and our guests to just enjoy the beautiful day, and not follow a "typical wedding" schedule. My wife being an atypical bride was dreading the part of the wedding where we stand and pose for a bunch of un-natural looking photographs; however, that was anything but what we experienced. Jennifer didn't capture photographs at our wedding, but memories locked in time. The wedding was amazing, and at not one point during the wedding did we feel we were stuck posing for a photographer. After the wedding and the honeymoon, we sat down to look at our photographs and I'm not kidding when I say my wife "the not into wedding photos type" was in awe of the memories that Jennifer was able to capture. The photographs were of superior quality and were readily available for download on her convenient website. There were several photographs captured that really showed the spirit and the environment of the wedding we had hoped for. There were also links on the site where we were able to order photograph prints at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend Jenny dee Photography due to the professionalism, outstanding quality, and the experience we received.

Profile Picture Dan, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jennifer and her husband photographed our wedding in Rochester in June 2013. They are both very professional. Best of all they went with the flow and became a friendly fun part of our wedding.

Being a former designer I was very picky about the quality of photographer for my wedding day. I searched and met with other photographers of her quality for a much higher price tag. It was important for my now husband that it "fit into our wedding budget" and it was important to me that the photographer was talented and could take amazing candid photos. We both agreed that we did not want to feel bombarded with posed photographs.

Jennifer was the PERFECT fit for us! She took the time in advance to meet us and get a feel for what we wanted for the "Big Day". She is very laid-back and SUPER talented. Her work is awesome! She offered suggestions and helped us plan out and think about what photos we wanted. The area we had our reception had a lot of character to capture. Jennifer is very talented and captured it just right! Many of my favorite photos she caught without us even knowing they were there snapping away. The photos are truly amazing, in the hundreds and not a bad one. How they pulled this off I don't know. The lighting and cropping is perfect in all of them. We had every photo we wanted and then some. I loved that I got the CDs and could do anything I wanted with them. The photo booth was fun as well. I smile HUGE every time I look through these photos!

You can't find a more talented, professional photographer that is willing to listen to what you want and run with it! Book her!

Profile Picture Lace, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had an amazing experience with Jenny Dee Photography! Everything from our first email exchange, to the timely receipt of our wedding photos went smoothly. The easy going personalities of Jenny and George really made us feel comfortable during the actual wedding and the results were amazing!

Profile Picture User2906527, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

So, so wonderful. The photos turned out just beautifully and we had a great deal of fun working with Jenny.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/19/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We hired JennyDee Photography to photograph our October 2012 wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with their professionalism and the quality of their work.

Prior to the wedding date, we meet in person to figure out the important pictures we definitely wanted captured and locations. By that time in my wedding planning, I was rather scatterbrained and hadn't thought about the pictures we wanted, so they were very helpful with this detail. They were also very helpful in figuring out a location for wedding party pictures so that we'd have plenty of time for pictures, not delay the reception, and get the neat staircase shots I wanted. (They were to be taken between the ceremony and reception.)

During the wedding and reception, they knew just how to get beautiful pictures and never get in the way. I saw them very rarely during our special day, but looking at the pictures, it's obvious that they were there and capturing all sorts of special moments. Before leaving, they made sure there was nothing else we wanted photographed.

Another thing I greatly appreciated was that they got the pictures back to us on time, per the timeline stated in the contract. Especially after a bad experience with our videographer, I am very appreciative for this timeliness. Considering the large number of beautifully edited pictures, I know that much time and care had to have been dedicated to them.

Looking back at the pictures, I just love them. Jenn and George captured the personality of many our loved ones as well as personalized details of the day. Our couple's portraits are just gorgeous. It's hard to pick our favorite because there are so many. I would highly recommend JennyDee Photography.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jenny Dee Photography was the best decision we made for our wedding! Absolutely beautiful photographs that we will cherish forever. She has an amazing perspective and we would recommend her to anybody seeking a professional photographer.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jenny Dee was incredible! Even all the guests at my wedding commented about how great she was!! My favorite part was that so many of my guests actually knew her by the end of the night, as she made her way around the crowd with such grace! The photos were awesome!! She was so easy to work with and because of her superior service, we are planning on using her for our baby photo shoot this spring!!

Profile Picture JAmie, 9/15/12, 1 Review