Jenny Yoo Collection Reviews

Jenny Yoo Collection 2
Jenny Yoo Collection 3
Jenny Yoo Collection 4

Michelle · Married on 11/07/2009

I got both my wedding gown and bridesmaid gown at Jenny Yoo. The dresses are very simple, yet elegant and were perfect for what we were looking for. My experience at the showroom in NYC was not what you'd expect from a typical bridal salon. It was laid back and low stress. No pressure, very enjoyable! I must admit, it was funny to have the dresses shipped in a box and arrive at my door! But both were in perfect condition and I was thrilled with the way they looked.

Sent on 12/01/2009

Lindsey · Married on 10/24/2009

I bought two bridesmaids dresses from Jenny Yoo's store in New York. I really liked their salespeople. They were super nice when we went to try on dresses and they were patient while we mulled over the choices. While their online ordering system is a little weird, they were nice enough to help me through the process. And the finished results were just gorgeous. Both my bridesmaids were very happy.

Sent on 11/10/2009

Ken · Married on 10/20/2009

I found my wedding dress at a sample sale in New York. It is the Katia dress, which is a long white gown in their current collection of wedding alternative choices. The dress fit off the rack and I only had to hem. It was in perfect condition and on sale for $350.

The girls on the floor were really helpful and gave me their honest opinions when I was trying on different gowns. They didn't give me a hard sell or try to steer me into the area of the retail gowns. They answered all my questions but left me alone when I wanted to be left alone.

I gave them 4/5 stars for flexibility because it WAS a sample sale but all the other wedding gowns in the store were also reasonably priced.

Sent on 10/30/2009

3.5

I had a really nice experience at Jenny Yoo. The woman I worked with really tried to not rush me through the process making me feel really special. She also had me come back a couple weeks later for the trunk show so I could get a discount. Really fun experience.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Looking for simple, modern and romantic? You'll find a perfect dress at Jenny Yoo Collection. Her Aidan bridesmaids dresses are amazing as well.

Sent on 03/30/2013

Mary · Married on 08/22/2009

3.0

The wedding dress I wore was from the wedding alternatives collection (felicity), but it was the only dress I tried on that actually made me feel like a bride. I was a super bummed that the price doubled when the dress went from brown (or any other color) to white, but once I got over that fact and realized that it was still half the cost of most wedding dresses I was okay. I took a really long time to get in so I was worried, but I didn't need alterations. The body fit perfectly! I took up the front so that I would have a slight train feel.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Emily · Married on 10/15/2016

4.2

Jenny Yoo was great to work with. I knew I wanted dresses that allowed my bridesmaids to feel comfortable and like themselves while maintaining a cohesive look. I gave them the option of choosing any style (we had short AND long!) in the Crimson color and Soft Tulle fabric. The Crimson color I wanted was being discontinued and Jenny Yoo NY helped me to make sure we got the orders in on time to get that color. The ordering website needs an update and was a little confusing, but the staff & showroom in NY were top notch. Highly recommend if you are looking for a chic, romantic look that your bridesmaids can customize to their own style.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Sandy · Married on 05/16/2009

3.5

I loved my dress and I think Jenny Yoo provides a less expensive alternate to a wedding dress. But because they specialize in bridesmaids dresses, don't expect the same level of attentiveness they would provide in a bridal gown shop. This was fine for me.

Sent on 06/02/2009

Jackie · Married on 05/17/2014

3.0

I purchased my bridesmaid dresses from Jenny Yoo. My 6 bridesmaids each had a different dress and they were in 2 different colors. I absolutely love how the dresses looked and the colors and styles looked great together. When I went to the store, they were very helpful and attentive. The only problems I had were when working on their website, when all the ordered needed to be placed. Also, one of my bridesmaids decided on her own to switch her dress size, which I wish I had been informed of (since the new size ended up being too small). Overall, I had a great experience with Jenny Yoo.

Sent on 08/12/2014
  • Devon

Devon · Married on 05/15/2010

3.0

I loved the dress I got at Jenny Yoo, and I appreciated the laid back atmosphere at the shop where I was able to pull my own choices and not have a ton of sales people fuss around me. My dress wasn't 100% correct when I picked it up (even though I was previously told it was being held up because it was going through "quality control") This set me back and made the weeks leading up to my wedding a bit more hectic due to the crunched time for alterations. They did correct their mistake, and mistakes certainly happen, but if something is help up for a week in quality control you certainly shouldn't expect it to be held up another week beyond that because it was incorrect when you picked it up.

That said, the dress was beautiful, very well made, and it was an amazing deal for the cost. I would recommend going here to any of my friends...just allow a bit of extra time!

Sent on 06/01/2010
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 05/18/2019

3.8

Morning mist was a hit!

All the girls looked beautiful, wish they had more dresses in morning mist that my girls could’ve chosen from but loved all the dresses they picked!

Sent on 06/02/2019
    Jenny Yoo Collection 5
    Jenny Yoo Collection 6
    Jenny Yoo Collection 7
    Jenny Yoo Collection 8

keeks · Married on 12/16/2016

3.5

I was wearing Jenny Yoo's gold metalic braidesmaid dress with 4 other girls for winter wedding.
    The bride was kind to purchase all our dresses and we just had to submit our measurements.
    The lady I spoke on the phone was kind and communicating over emails was easy as i was abroad at that time so that I am happy with.
    However the quality of dress and alteration was very very poor.
    The bride paid over $300 per each dress (these dresses aren't cheap!)!) but the quality...... I have worn other bridesmaids dresses where they wer eshipped from China but honestly they were made better.
    By end of reception, our satin fabric was all scratched and ruined, threads were coming off, one girl had one sleeve strap tearing as it was a long heavy dress and the strap couldn't support the weight of its own dress.
    None of us kept the dress and we all ended up disposing after the wedding.
    It was such a waste considering the bride spent over 1.5k buying us dresses that lasted 3 hours..

Sent on 03/30/2017
  • I

ina · Married on 08/17/2012

0.0

I went to Jenny Yoo after I got a coupon in a goodie bag from a very cheesy Wedding Expo. Needless to say, I had really low expectations and really just went to make sure I got to try on as many dresses as possible before I said “yes”. I was really thankful that I did. Their dresses are elegant, timeless and simple - and reasonably priced! Most other NYC dress shops were frankly scary and definitely over-priced. They have a good online system to track and place orders. The Sales Reps were really down to earth – no pressure. They also carry bridesmaids dresses (which I didn’t need). I’d definitely go back…. (at times it took some time to respond to my emails thus the "3" but overall very positive experience)

Sent on 09/19/2012
  • Andi

Andi Rose · Married on 05/11/2019

Annabelle Bridesmaid Dresses run LARGE

All of my bridesmaids took time to go get measured for the Annabelle dresses. They inputted their measurements into Jenny Yoo's system to them be told what size is recommended for them based on their measurements. ALL of the dresses came in large and I'm not talking about slightly too big I mean falling off, two people could fit into one, 100s of dollars in tailoring. For example, one of my bridesmaids is typically a size 4 is almost everywhere she goes. She inputted her measurements and went ahead with a size 4. The Jenny Yoo consultant showed her concern and suggested she order a size 8. I thought maybe it was becuase it was due to her height that she needed to go a size up. False, you can order additional length if needed. After convincing her it was a good idea because we would rather it be too big than too small she did. It came in so large that when she put it on it literally fell to the ground. On top of the pricey dress, additional pricey alterations had to be made that I offered to pay because I convinced her to buy the larger size.
    The only dress that ended up fitting well was for one of my bridesmaids that could go and try the actual dress on at Jenny Yoo's Chicago showroom. I would suggest to any women that aren't able to go and try the actual dresses on to go with up a size from their typical size. This doesn't necessarily apply to women with large bust lines with small hips or the reverse. BEWARE that this dress will create some headache and for the cost was not necessarily worth it.

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 04/28/2012

1.0

I purchased my bridesmaid dresses from the Jenny Yoo boutique in New York. The styles were ok, but the dresses were way overpriced. For the $300+ that I paid for very plain dresses, I thought it came with free alterations, but it didn’t. Two of my bridesmaids weren’t happy with the bad fitting job that the New York store did. For dresses with similar fabric quality that are just as pretty (or prettier), visit the Ann Taylor Bridal section, J. Crew, or if your bridesmaids are all in the same location, have them go pick out dresses at Banana Republic on sale. The BR Monogram line carries dresses that are very pretty, high quality, and if you’re lucky, you can find them in all sizes for ~$59-$99. A good BR store to visit is the three-floor one at Rockefeller Center if you’re close to Manhattan. There are always really, really nice dresses on sale available in almost every size. I found this out after I had already ordered the Jenny Yoo dresses. Call the store beforehand to figure out their sale dates. If you open a new BR account, you get an additional 10-20% off (I forget the exact number) your entire purchase.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Kristy · Married on 10/07/2017

2.8
      2.0

Beautiful salon with beautiful dresses however, the women who helped me was incredibly rude and not helpful. She was short with me and rushed us out of the salon. I was going to come here for bridesmaid's dresses but after the way I was treated I won't be returning.

Sent on 12/06/2016

lindsay · Married on 06/10/2017

2.4
      1.5
      2.5

The dress is beautiful but I can't recommend Jenny Yoo. The dress is not tailored to your body- you purchase a regular size and find a tailor to make it custom fit. Despite this, after learning I was pregnant and the dress wouldn't fit on my wedding day, I couldn't return or exchange. The customer service representative first told me I could exchange, then another representative said that would be "a favor" she wouldn't grant. She then said the dress was already made, then admitted it wasn't finished. The lies, lack of professionalism and general apathy were appalling. Find a designer that cares about more than just money

Sent on 05/31/2017

Anon · Married on 08/31/2018

1.6
      2.0

As part of the wedding party, our bride didn't consult us before choosing this design collection. Rather unfortunate for her because 70% of her bridal party were not the stick figures Jenny Yoo designs for... The workers eye you up and down as if sizing you up, which is a rather uncivil experience. In addition, the collection doesn't maintain a broad range of sizes for you to try on. Almost all of the dresses we saw are made of chiffon which is not a friendly material. In addition, they do not offer in-house tailoring. This is a problem for several reasons:
    1. You need to take your dress to someplace else
    2. You have the added inconvenience of having to find a reputable tailor
    3. There is no specialist for those dresses to not mess up the construction of the dress

I have to note that I am lucky to know a seamstress - when I asked if the dress was poorly constructed she replied that it was "poorly designed." I would agree with this very much. These dresses are designed for women with no shape and so when a woman WITH a shape wears it, they appear shapeless. I'd like to note that while I am no Asian model, I am an average sized woman who happens to have breasts and a butt - this is not meant to body shame, but to impress upon you if you have a bridal party with a shape, PLEASE do yourself and your bridal party the favor of avoiding this collection. The cost is already major, and any tailoring on this dress will be well over $100, bringing total cost to close or over $400 per dress. Don't do that to people.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/13/2009

0.6
      0.5

We ordered our bridesmaid dresses through the Jenny Yoo located in Chicago. We had looked around for a VERY long time for the perfect dress. I had 10 bridesmaids that were all different shapes and sizes (two of which were pregnant), and our color was teal blue (a very difficult color). As soon as we walked into the Jenny Yoo store, we immediately found the perfect dress in the perfect color. And, my bridesmaids looked absolutely beautiful in the dresses. However, I would NEVER recommend this store because the service was just awful. In addition, the dresses are EXTREMELY expensive. In my opinion, they were worth it for our wedding because they were breathtakingly beautiful but I'm not sure they would be worth it at all for someone with an easier color to find/match.

We worked with Tania at the Chicago location. At first, Tania was friendly and helpful. However, her mannerisms and ways of interacting with clients could be considered somewhat condescending at times. She also was visibly annoyed when she realized she had to collect measurements and information from 10 separate bridesmaids and obviously irritated when she was asked to have some of the dresses sent to different locations. Apparently, that was quite inconvenient to her. We made a decision to bring one of my bridesmaids into the salon to be measured directly by Tania so that they would be no issue with sizing of the dress at all. Tania took these measurements herself. When this bridesmaid's dress finally came in (and even though we paid $15 for shipping per dress, it still took two weeks for the dresses to arrive), it was obviously way too small. We went with the bridesmaid back to the salon to talk with Tania with the full expectation that this dress would be replaced by a dress that was the correct size (especially since Tania herself had taken the measuresments). Instead, Tania acted very defensive and refused to order us a new dress. She basically stated that this bridesmaid must have gained weight since she had her measurements taken. There is no way Tania could have been off in her measurements since she does this "all the time"! However, the measurements were off by 2 inches in every place (bust, waist, & hips). How exactly this girl could have gone up TWO INCHES everywhere (especially her bust) and still wear the same sizes in underclothes and clothes I have NO IDEA!!! That was completely ridiculous and made this girl very upset. Tania refused to take responsibility for her mistake. Eventually, she offered to have the dress sent back so that panels could be added in. At this point, we did not trust the company at all and decided to take the dress to a tailor ourselves (luckily we had ordered tons of extra fabric).

Also, another bridesmaid was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the wedding. She had her measurements taken and faxed them into Tania. She ordered a maternity dress (not the same dress as the other bridesmaids) and so she was estimating her measurements based on where she had been with her first pregnancy. Tania encouraged her to go up a size from where she thought she should be, and, when the dress came in, it was HUGE. This girl had to pay a ton of money to had the dress altered. Ridiculous! And these were not the only dresses that did not fit based on Tania's recommendations.

In addition, for ordering over a certain amount of dresses, we had received a group discount. A month after we ordered our bridesmaid dresses, we decided to order an additional flower girl dress in the same color/material as the bridesmaid dresses. We assumed we would still be given the same discount since we had placed a HUGE order (10 bridesmaid dresses!) but we were denied this discount by both Tania and the New York location since it was placed later than the other dresses.

Finally, as mentioned previously, we were charged $15 for shipping per dress (even if the dresses were all being sent to the same location). Even with this ridiculous shipping charge, it took 2 or more weeks for each girl to receive their dresses from the time they were shipped. We placed our original order for the dresses by the date that Tania had recommended and the girls were still very much pressured with time in terms of alterations when the dresses finally did arrive.

I would recommend finding your bridesmaid dresses and any other products ANYWHERE else but Jenny Yoo. Our experience there was absolutely horrible.

Sent on 08/25/2009

Molly · Married on 05/11/2018

0.4
      0.5

WASTE OF MONEY. My bridesmaid dress strap broke while I was trying it on minutes before leaving to take photos! We had to use a bobby pin and make shift sewing job. I emailed in to ask for a refund and was told by Chelsea Turner: "unfortunately we cannot issue any refunds or exchanges on made to order dresses, and we cannot take responsibility for the dress once any alterations have been made, or the dress has been worn.". AS IF I COULD RETURN IT THE DAY OF THE WEDDING. LITERALLY SPENT $250 ON AN UNWORN DRESS TO HAVE IT BREAK BEFORE I EVEN WORE IT. And no refund or monetary compensation offered whatsoever. DON'T BUY THESE BRIDESMAID DRESSES.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Audrey · Married on 04/28/2017

0.4
      0.5

HORRIBLE SERVICE with Jenny Yoo, specifically with the manager, Chelsea Turner who guaranteed, after an already precious bad ordering experience, that my dress is late from the date confirmed to ship, April 27th and now I will NOT have time for alterations and I PAID EXTRA for shipping. Do not shop with them. I've attached an email from Chelsea proving that she boldly lied to my face via email. Pathetic client services.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Janet · Married on 11/02/2013

0.0

Stay far away from the store in Manhattan! Out of seven bridesmaids dresses, none fit well and that is an understatement! Two dresses are way too big, four are tight and one cannot close her gown by 4 inches. (Hopefully the material from the huge dress can be used to enlarge the too tight dress). Salespeople are incompetent and unprofessional. Some of the girls sent in dress measurements and some were measured in the showroom. NONE FIT and management, after many hours of discussion, offered a fraction of the hundreds of dollars to alter these gowns. Management accused the girls of gaining and losing weight since June! Really? Everyone? The dresses were expensive for bridesmaids dresses, too! How horrible!

Sent on 10/21/2013