Jenny Yoo Collection Reviews

Jenny Yoo Collection 3
Jenny Yoo Collection 4
  • Tess

Tess · Married on 03/04/2017

This is just a review of a Jenny Yoo dress, which I ordered online from Nordstrom. I snapped up the Annabelle convertible dress in Sterling (light gray / silver) as a last-minute backup, since it appeared the original dress I ordered was not going to show up on time. When I put the Annabelle on though, I began to sincerely doubt I would ever like a dress more than this one. It was gauzy and elegant, perfectly comfortable, but stayed up with no tugging. I ended up wearing this as my wedding dress and returning the one I originally intended to wear. I'm so glad I did, as I felt very "myself" on my wedding day, very "at ease" but still fancy. The quality of these dresses are amazing, especially for the price, and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Tessa · Married on 06/10/2016

Such a fun and wonderful experience with Jenny Yoo's team! I had the pleasure of working with Wendy, who helped me for a good year leading up to the big day. Wendy not only found me a gorgeous wedding dress, belt, and earrings, but she also helped my mom find a Mother of the Bride dress, and she helped with selecting the colors and styles for my bridal party -- and even assisted with the fitting for several of them. I felt so beautiful in my dress the day of and couldn't have been happier with how everyone's look turned out. Thank you, Wendy -- you were so incredibly helpful and great.

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • User5193087 · 2+ years ago

I bought my wedding dress (Magnolia) from the Jenny Yoo showroom in NYC. I'd been to half a dozen other stores and nothing had really clicked yet. I was looking for something simple (we got married in the woods!), flowy and with straps. The consultant, Wendy, was fantastic, and really listened to what I was looking for. I'd said I didn't want any sparkle, but she suggested I try on a dress that had just a bit, and I'm so glad I did because it was perfect. I didn't really have that big "moment" like on TV, but there was pretty much nothing about it I wanted to change and it looked great on me. We took some photos (major bonus points for allowing photos in the store!!!), then headed to two other appointments.... but ended up back just before closing to buy my dress!

Wendy was super helpful with the purchase process. I was also pleasantly surprised to get an email from her this summer about a special accessory sale and free hair and makeup styling event. I was still looking for a veil, so I signed up. I got my hair done somewhat similar to what I was planning for the wedding and then looked at the veils and found one that I kind of liked, but luckily they were able to special order the perfect one, with the sale price for the special event.

The only "issue" I had with my dress was that I had the crinoline layer removed in alterations (not through Jenny Yoo - they don't offer them), which resulted in the dress being pretty sheer, so they had to add an extra layer of lining. It ended up looking amazing though.

Wendy and Jenny Yoo were great to work with the entire time, and very reasonably priced compared to many other boutiques and dresses. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for something beyond the standard strapless puffy ballgown.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Rebecca · Married on 09/06/2015

After looking at thousands of dresses online before my wedding, I fell in love with Jenny Yoo's Vionette dress with cap sleeves. The salon was the first (and only) we went to, and the Vionette was the very first dress I tried on. It fit perfectly and looked beautiful, the perfect embodiment of what I was looking for. On my wedding day, the dress couldn't have felt any more fabulous and was extremely comfortable the entire night. I am so happy with my choice and will forever be in love with my Jenny Yoo wedding gown.

Sent on 09/28/2015

My bridesmaids wore Jenny Yoo for my July 4th wedding and they were stunning in the Kennedy. Many have told me they will wear their dress again. Wendy was a superb consultant--I would highly recommend Jenny Yoo on style, variety, and customer service!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Gina · Married on 05/24/2015

The flagship store in NYC is gorgeous, clean and quaint. They really made my bridesmaids and me feel special during our appointment (instead of feeling like we were on display and one of many - which can happen in larger salons and stores). They helped me stay in budget and find my dream dress (I ended up with the Mia and it was picture perfect!). I highly recommend them for your bridesmaid's dress or wedding gown!

Sent on 05/28/2015

I ordered my Jenny Yoo dress and lace jacket through BHDLN and it was just perfect from my morning wedding. It was the most perfect shade of blush pink, and the construction of the dress was very good.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Amy · Married on 10/04/2014

The bridesmaid dress were absolutely gorgeous. The staff was great to work with and provided excellent guidance in choosing the bridesmaid gowns. The prices were extremely reasonable.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Casey · Married on 03/21/2014

Ellen Yoo actually helped us out of their Costa Mesa location that closed in July 2013. We ordered the Bridal Gown and all the bridesmaids dresses from them. Their personal customer service and attention to detail made the process so easy. We also got a great discount off the sticker price. When the dresses arrived and not all of them fit, Ellen personally drove to my house to make sure any issues were resolved. Everything worked out wonderful and we were so grateful to Ellen and her team! Everyone loved their dresses for the big day! (I wore the Sandrina gown and the bridesmaids wore the Aidan gown in navy)

Sent on 04/07/2014

Annie · Married on 10/06/2013

Loved my Monarch dress. It was so beautiful and comfortable.

Sent on 10/21/2013

I absolutely LOVED my Jenny Yoo wedding dress! It was just what I wanted, so simple and elegant, and just my style. I got such amazing compliments on it and wish I could wear it again! I ordered from the California store and had such wonderful service from Ellen and her team. They were so kind, helpful, and excited for my big day. I would highly recommend Jenny Yoo!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Jenn · Married on 12/31/2012

My dress was perfect and couldn't image any other designer!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Mandy · Married on 09/23/2012

The people at this store are so sweet and amazing! I am so in love with my wedding dress (and so was everyone else!) It was unique and definitely not expensive (as wedding dresses go). I highly recommend.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Cassie · Married on 10/29/2011

Jenny Yoo was wonderful to work with. The sales associate was wonderful. I wanted no fuss, and she fussed just enough. I saw the dress I wanted in a magazine, it was simple (and inexpensive). They never tried to talk me into a more expensive dress. They fitted me, put in the order, and voila, it arrived exactly on time, as expected. They did have me order one size up, which led to alternations, but that's to be expected in the wedding dress world. I wore the dress to three different wedding parties and it held up beautifully, even when stowed in the overhead compartment of an airplane.

Sent on 01/08/2012
  • O

M · Married on 06/11/2011

My Tara in silk shantung arrived a few days early! For a silk dress, spending under 1K is difficult, but Jenny Yoo provided a lot of alternatives to J.Crew.

Service in the midtown showroom was very professional. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. The optional straps (to be sewn in, not hooked in) were free and useful for an alternate look.

Sent on 06/16/2011

melissa · Married on 10/23/2010

I purchased my Riley strapless wedding gown at the NYC location. AND I LOVE THAT DRESS...love it. It was like a second skin on me and fit right off the rack. All I needed was a hem and a bustle to make the dress complete. The ladies at the showroom were all fantastic. When I picked the dress up the top stitch on the bodice wasn't laying correctly and it was fixed within a day and fixed perfectly. The designs are simple, elegant and instantly classic. I just wish i could spend another day in that dress, it's the most beautiful thing I have ever owned...

Sent on 11/10/2010

Beth · Married on 03/20/2010

I love my Jenny Yoo dress, I didn't want to take it off after my wedding was over! I did not order my dress directly from Jenny Yoo but I did go into the store in NYC to try on dresses and had a great experience there. My dress (the Tara) was beautiful and of high quality - I ordered additional fabric so that I could add straps and that was reasonably priced and easy to do. I love Jenny Yoo's dresses and would recommend them to all brides looking for a simple, classic style for both bridal wear and bridesmaids wear!

Sent on 03/31/2010

Allyson · Married on 05/30/2009

I found all my bridesmaid dresses at a sample sale for $50 each, Love Love Love them. Everyone thought they were so original. The dresses are pretty expensive retail so if you can catch a sample sale go for it.

Sent on 06/23/2009

I have found a Kelly Faetanini dress online that I love and Jenny Yoo Collection was the only store in Chicago that carries her brand. I contacted them to schedule time to try on dresses, ended up going by myself and it was a great experience. It was only me in the store, and Kristen was so accommodating with helping me look at multiple different styles and taking pictures of me since I was by myself. I got a booklet of the options that I liked at the end of the appointment, and since they didn't have the dress that I had wanted to try on, they contacted the Kelly Faetanini rep and were able to get it shipped in. I try it on next week! Not a huge selection but everything is high quality and a very relaxing experience.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Me and my future mother-in-law took a girls trip to Chicago to shop for wedding dresses. When we found the Jenny Yoo salon, we were in love. It's a perfect sized salon and the selection was great. I worked with Grace the majority of the time; she was extremely kind and was really considerate of my budget. Since I live outside of Chicago, they were great about contacting me to handle payment and shipping. I ended up purchasing a beautiful, simple, Nicole Miller bridal gown. Overall, it was a great experience!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Krista · Married on 09/23/2012

I bought my wedding dress from the store in Manhattan, and was very pleased with the quality, customer service and responsiveness.
    I am not a traditional girl, and did not need the "say yes to the dress"/weepy dress experience. The staff at Jenny Yoo were helpful, but pushy, and thoughtful about styling in a very chic New York way.
    The only thing that doesn't make this a full five star is that since I purchased my dress, the prices have increased dramatically. One of the things I loved was that they provided quality dresses in elegant, simple lines without costing a fortune. It doesn't seem like that is necessarily the case anymore.

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • I

Ilene · Married on 06/25/2016

3.5

The Annabelle dress which is convertible was such a perfect choice for my bridesmaids- each girl was able to wear it how she felt comfortable and it looked amazing on all of them! Wendy assisted us throughout the entire process and was so amazing to work with. My only issue was reaching the office at times, since someone doesn't always answer the phone but eventually I was able to get through and the process was smooth. I would recommend this designer and store to any Bride looking for the perfect dress for her girls!!

Sent on 08/02/2016

I got my beautiful dress from Jenny Yoo. The one thing was that it cost me a lot to get it altered because it wasn't sown very well around the abdominal and hip area because of the various fabric layers and stitches, but other than that, I loved the store, the woman who sold me the dress and I felt like a beautiful bride on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Sent on 01/24/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/18/2011

I knew that I couldnt spend a fortune on my wedding dress, but I still wanted to it be special. When I walked into the Jenny Yoo showroom to look for my bridesmaid dresses, I knew I had found my dress. Jenny designs beautiful, simple and well made dresses for the right price. I only needed to try on a few before I found my fit- and it fit my budget, too! Thanks, Jenny!

Sent on 10/13/2011