Jenny Smith & Co. Reviews

31 | Los Angeles, CA

31 Reviews for Jenny Smith & Co.

• Katherine

Katherine Kong · Married on 05/02/2019

Fun, easy going, and quality photos

We just received our wedding photos and let me just say we, as the couple, are BLOWN AWAY!!!! Our photos are amazing. The quality on these photos are astonishing. The way how they took photos of the wedding details are awesome. I didn't have to mention any of these things and I was a little worried, but they got all the shots that I was looking for. Jenny is so easy going as a photographer. She was so easy to get along with. My husband and I had our engagement shoot in Joshua Tree with Jenny as the main photographer and Melanie as the second photographer. They both made it so easy to take photos and they take candid photos that come out great. They put into thought about everything in their surroundings when it comes to the picture. We had fun at our engagement session.

Our wedding day is here and it was very easy to get things rolling as they knew exactly what to do and what to take pictures of. They already have asked us a list about what photos we would want and I thought this meant for family photos only so I just gave them a list of what photos we want with family members which they had on hand so when it was time to do photos it was easy to gather people. My tip to other brides is remember if you want pictures of you and your spouse in the detail shots remember to put those in as well. I got some but not all as I did not think about this before hand. Even with that said, I am still VERY VERY HAPPY with our photos from the engagement and wedding sessions. I couldn't have asked for better photographers because this was my hardest vendor to pick when it came to photography. This is the one vendor that will last from your wedding as this is what you want to spend your money in to cherish these moments, but also not break your bank account. They are affordable and I was referred to them by my wedding planner and it was the best referral ever! When it comes to choosing a photographer, I am no expert and what style I want. I see a picture and if I think its nice, it's nice. I had to ask my friend who is a photographer (not for weddings) but know what she is doing and talking about. Out of the 10-15 photographers I sent her, she said Jenny was the best out of all of them. Now mind you this ranged from affordable pricing to extravagant pricing. My friend knows how to edit as well and she said Jenny's was the best. I trusted my friends opinion as we have been friends since junior high school and she was at the wedding!

Everyone that I have shown our pictures to has said that our photos are astonishing! I am so happy to have chosen you Jenny and Melanie! Thank you for all your hard work, efficiency, responsiveness, and keeping with the timeline. Chris and I are truly blessed to have these photos forever!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Kara Kaprielian · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing experience!

Jenny and Mel were both incredible! They really utilized the surroundings instead of taking cookie cutter photos. Jenny was really great at getting everyone in line to knock out the group pictures quickly which was really helpful for our timeline. They both went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We received our sneak peak and love all of the interesting angles and lighting.. can't wait to see the rest. Would highly recommend Jenny & her team!!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Melissa · Married on 07/13/2018

We worked with Jenny for our wedding and, oh my, she was the best! My husband and I eloped for our wedding, and it was only the two of us so it became very important that we have wonderful pictures to commemorate the ceremony and share with our families. We will admit, we were a little nervous to rely so heavily on one person to remember our wedding day, but Jenny did not disappoint! We gave her a detailed list of "shots" we wanted taken, as well as photos from their company's website that we enjoyed. Jenny took everything we said and went beyond expectations. The photos are wonderful and the editing superb! And she was so wonderfully kind to work with! She had us laughing and smiling, all of which you can see in our photos! And after the ceremony, Jenny quickly emailed us with a "sneak peek" of our ceremony so we could share photos quickly with our families. Jenny was an absolute delight!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Angela · Married on 06/30/2018

Jenny and her team rocked our day! They are professional, friendly, fun, artistic and just pure awesome! Everyone LOVED Jenny and her team and said it was the BEST photo booth EVER!
    The wedding day fly’s by so having the right person to capture your day is everything! Jenny is a true gem and exceeded our expectataions. Do yourself a favor and stop your search now, Jenny smith and Co. is the one! We love you Jenny, and are eternally grateful for you!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Malorie · Married on 06/08/2018

Photography! The first vendor I booked for my wedding. It was the number one most important thing to me when planning my wedding. I'm so big about having pictures as the best memories. I looked at Jenny Smith and CO's website and immediately knew I needed to contact them. I went for a consultation and they gave me the low down on everything! I met a few members of the team, and they were so great! In the beginning, I was blindly starting wedding planning, and they helped me with other vendor referrals to get me started. I used every one of their recommendations for other vendors because I trusted them right away. My pictures came out better than I could have imagined!! Melanie and Jenna are amazing!! Not only were they FUN when shooting with them, but they have an eye for amazing shots. They caught some very raw emotion in my pictures which are PRICELESS!!!! They also take pictures of all the little details you may have missed in the busy night such as the guest book, what the flowers looked like, and so so much more! I highly recommend this team, they know what their doing, and it's clear they all have a passion for it too. Thank you Jenny, Melanie, and Jenna, you all rock!!!

Sent on 07/14/2018

charlene · Married on 05/12/2018

Jenny and her team were our favorite vendors for our wedding. They were responsive, professional, and offered so much value. Turnaround time was quick, photos were beyond beautiful, and we have a ton of photos to keep. They also use an online photo gallery which makes viewing, downloading, sharing, and printing our photos a seamless process. We’ve recommended Jenny and her team to all our friends and family. They were flawless!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Jane · Married on 10/21/2017

We had an incredible experience working with Jenny Smith and Co, particularly Melanie as our photographer. We LOVE our engagement photos and the wedding preview photos that we have seen so far. We have gotten so many compliments. We did an engagement shoot with Melanie 8 months before the wedding to get to know her and feel comfortable in front of the camera. Due to inclement weather we actually had to reschedule the engagement shoot and Melanie and Jenny were great about working with us to find a new date and venue. We highly recommend doing an engagement shoot! Melanie always made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and she got great shots of us and our wedding party. Jenny Smith and Co are all incredibly professional and great to work with at a very reasonable price compared to other photographers we saw.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Melanie · Married on 08/18/2017

Jenny was not only a beautiful energy to have around my husband Michel & all our guests, she and her golden lens captured all the best, most beautiful moments of the wedding day. I wish I could have a wedding *every* day to have her come photograph us. Everything from emailing & communication to speaking in person on the day of our wedding was nothing but professional & caring.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Andrew · Married on 06/17/2017

Jenny Smith was absolutely fantastic throughout the entire process! Her and Melanie shot our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with the results, as well as how easy it was to work with them.

They were incredibly professional and dedicated to getting every detail of the wedding photographed. We provided them a list of all family members to be in pictures ahead of time, and the photos of us and the wedding party on our wedding day went very smoothly. Overall we would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Caroline · Married on 05/06/2017

Hiring Jenny Smith & Co. to capture our wedding day & engagement photos was the best decision we made throughout our wedding planning process. Jenny and Melanie were absolutely incredible at our wedding and are truly visionary artists. (Not to mention total pleasures to be around.) I love their work so much and am completely floored by their ability to capture weddings in such raw, unique and throughout ways.

They also helped us throughout our planning process to answers various wedding related questions, ease our minds, find other incredible vendors, and make sure our wedding day timeline was picture perfect.

I cannot recommend them highly enough. Thank you Jenny and team for giving us perfect photos to cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Sammy · Married on 03/04/2017

Jenny was the first vendor we picked when we started planning our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made during the entire planning process. When we met her the first time it was obvious that she understood what we were looking for in a photographer. We were so comfortable working with her that we also asked for other vendor recommendations and we ended up picking a half dozen other vendors and they were all great as well.

We worked with Jenny on our engagement photo, day of photos, and photo booth. My husband and I know we're not models, but she made us feel like Tom & Gisele during all the shoots. Melanie was also there during our wedding day and she's an All-star. The photo booth was also a huge hit and Amsi was awesome. The package we chose was everything we wanted and worth every penny. Make the easy choice and just go with Jenny!

Sent on 04/15/2017

josh · Married on 09/17/2016

If we could give 10 stars, we would. They are everything you could want in a photographer. During the wedding, we never even noticed them, yet they captured 1500 photos of our entire day. The photos were so beautiful, made us all look much better than we are (haha), used diff filters and effects, and delivered on time. Our guests are asking us about our photographer and just wants them to follow them around everywhere for the rest of their lives. They exceeded our expectations. Thank you!

Sent on 11/14/2016
  • User5205443 · 2+ years ago

Jenny is a joy to work with. She has made understanding the process so much easier. Greg and I are beyond excited for her to photograph our wedding. She also stays in contact with you throughout the wedding planning to get everything right. I love her style of photography, there is nobody quite like her.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Andrea · Married on 08/06/2016

LOVE THESE PHOTOGRAPHERS! They did such a beautiful job capturing every special moment, and we could not be happier with the results. Our photos are absolutely beautiful!!

From start to finish, these guys know what they are doing. From our first meeting where Jenny and Melanie talked me through the entire process and what to expect, to the emails and reminders they sent throughout, to our super fun engagement session with Melanie where we really got to know her and didn't feel like some stranger was taking our photos - they really make sure that you feel comfortable. We went into our wedding day feeling so confident and relaxed.

They had been to our venue several times before to shoot (Maravilla Gardens in Camarillo), so we were happy to trust their recommendations and expertise on where to take the first look photos, bridal party, etc, and we were not disappointed! They are so professional, BEYOND talented and creative, and we are just thrilled!!

Especially as an out of town bride planning a SoCal wedding, their expertise, responsiveness and step by step process were invaluable. They made everything so easy and seamless. We will forever be grateful to Jenny Smith & Co for surpassing our expectations. I would not think twice about choosing them to shoot your wedding!!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Kristen · Married on 07/03/2016

Jenny was phenomenal! She was professional, fun, and so talented! From our first meeting with her, to our engagement session, to our wedding, we were so pleased! She is organized and makes the planning process so much easier! She is fun and makes you feel so comfortable and natural in front of the camera. She has a perfect mix of posed and candid photos while using natural light so the photos do not look over-edited. She and her team captured our wedding day perfectly! We could not be more pleased that we worked with Jenny and her team. Definitely recommend her!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

caitlin · Married on 06/25/2016

I cannot recommend Jenny highly enough. From start to finish she was organized, professional, and most importantly SO NICE. And it goes without saying that her work is absolutely gorgeous. She photographed our engagement and our wedding and she was wonderful to work with for both.
    All of her information, payments, and questionnaires are online, so it makes it easy and straight forward. She even sent a beautiful book of tips on what to expect from your wedding photography.
    From scaling a hill to crossing busy roads, she will do what it takes to get the perfect shot. And she is great at organizing and managing he large family shots and wedding parties.
    Jenny and her team were just a joy to work with. We are so glad we hired her!!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Jenna · Married on 05/28/2016

Jenny Smith & Co was fabulous to work with! Jenny has exactly the kind of personality you want around on your wedding day - she is fun, makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, funny, and puts everyone at ease! I was especially impressed by how delicately she handled our guests, especially my grandmother. Jenny and Melanie were also totally unobtrusive during our wedding ceremony and reception, which was incredibly important to us. We did not notice them once and still received the most gorgeous pictures!

As far as customer service, Jenny and her team are exceptional! They are super responsive and we loved the handmade notes they sent us along the way whenever they sent us our album, thumb-drive, etc. We are so happy with our wedding album and love our pictures.

Also, for anyone questioning to add on their photo-booth - just say yes! It is by far the best photo-booth we've ever experienced at a wedding and our guests continue to use their pictures for their facebook profile pages, engagement announcements, etc.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Deborah · Married on 10/17/2015

Jenny and Melanie are not only fantastic photographers and professional yet down to earth people, they're so open to hearing suggestions for specific shots and then making them work in the context of the moment. So that your wedding photos are what you hoped and more!

Melanie and one other photographer did our wedding photos, as Jenny had another wedding the evening of ours, and we couldn't be happier with the results. The ladies were so warm and comfortable to have around, and the photos look incredible! The colors, the framing, and the fact that that they captured so many of our guests and so many moments we weren't able to catch in person. Now the trouble is deciding which of the many great photos to frame :) We're so beyond pleased at the quality and the absolutely pleasure of having this team as our photographers!

We also got their new photo booth, which was a HUGE hit with our guests and made for some seriously fun Facebook photo sharing at and after our wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2016

James · Married on 08/01/2015

Jenny was my cousin’s photographer two years ago. In that wedding, I was the maid of honor and I remember my cousin gushing about how great Jenny was after they met her, and again after their engagement shoot. When I finally met her at their wedding, it had already felt like I knew her! From the minute the pictures started, I was so comfortable. Because of the comfort I felt with her and the beautiful pictures she produced, I knew I would not want anyone else for my own wedding!

When it was time for my husband and I to look for photographers, we didn’t! Jenny was our pick, with no questions asked!

We met at Laguna Beach for our engagement shoot and she was so funny and relaxed, she helped us bring out our best and most natural selves. Our pictures were beautiful and better than I could ever imagine!!

Although I didn’t think possible, our wedding day was even better than our engagement shoot. When I showed up to the venue, I was nervous- but that didn’t last long! Again, Jenny’s calming and relaxed personality just grounded me. She helped with our first look- it was perfect! My husband and I decided to have a LARGE wedding party of 20… and Jenny and her assistant had no problem wrangling them and keeping them all in line (literally and figuratively) and happy!

Jenny is the best, but you don’t need me to tell you that, her pictures speak for themselves!! Thank you Jenny for perfect and beautiful pictures. We are so lucky to have had you.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Alison · Married on 03/14/2015

FIVE STARS across the board! I can't say enough good things about the quality of Jenny's photography, how fun she is to work with, and how well she met my expectations. Clearly, making the decision to book a wedding photographer who'll document your big day and capture all memories in what you hope will be the most perfectly beautiful way is a pretty big deal. Jenny was actually the very first one my husband and I met/talked to and we loved her personality and the way she talked about her background and photography process so much that we didnt even feel like we had to interview anyone else..! Just check out her blog and see her work for yourself.
    At the engagement session Jenny provided direction without forcing poses and encouraged us to be ourselves and have fun. I'm not the most graceful in front of the camera but Jenny was able to talk me/us into looking like supermodels. Our first look and wedding portrait sessions went just as smoothly. During the ceremony and reception Jenny photographed a lot of our small, intimate moments without ever being obtrusvie (or, for that matter, disrupting our guests or their views of the action). I'm poring over the ~800 pics we've gotten and cannot believe the little treasures she was able to get a shot of.
    Really, don't look any further. Jenny will make your photography dreams come true!

FYI, as of this past month Alders Photography is now Jenny Smith & Co. (Also, FYI, I actually found Jenny thru weddingwire.com.. so, thanks weddingwire.com!)

Sent on 04/05/2015

natalie.schaffer@gmail.com · Married on 09/13/2014

Wow! I don’t even know where to start. Jenny is a stellar photographer, but was also an incredible source of support during our big day. She and her team were a calming presence in what could have been a very stressful and overwhelming day. Jenny and Jordan made getting ready fun; we even had a good time during the obligatory family photos. Jenny made sure that our couples shots never felt stagey or forced. She truly understood that if we were comfortable and in-the-moment, our photos would turn out beautifully. Jenny did an excellent job of utilizing our surroundings and creating the perfect inspiration. Jenny encouraged us to be ourselves and perfectly captured the intimacy and fun of our special day.

Alders Photography is the absolute best!

Sent on 09/19/2014

LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF WORKING WITH JENNY SMITH!!! She is the best. We decided to do an engagement photo shoot and it was one of the best decisions we made. It got us familiar with her style of shooting. Jenny really has a great creative eye! She was really attentive through out the whole planing process even letting me borrow some props for my wedding day. I seriously know that hiring her was one of the best choices i made through the planing process. We received a sneak peek of our wedding a few days after and the pics were amazing. We can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Erin · Married on 08/09/2013

There is a reason Jenny has a perfect score, no she did not pay us or offer HomeTown Buffet coupons, Jenny is truly a 5 star photographer. Planning and producing a wedding is harder than people can really imagine. I mean how many times have you ever thrown a party for a 100+ people? There are just a lot of "moving parts" to a wedding and while the process is worth it, it can be overwhelming and stressful. Having Jenny on the Jindra/Sawyer Wedding Team, made the process easier.

Our first meeting was love at first sight. We got to see examples of her work and she clearly explained her process and style. Throughout the planning she had ridiculously quick response time to emails and was generously flexible when scheduling our engagement shoot.

During our wedding, she effortlessly took charge of the group shots, organizing everyone in a kind and efficient manner. Then for the rest of the night she was like a stealthy, photographer ninja, slipping in and out of the shadows, barely detectable. (Later my grandmother was surprised to see many beautiful shots of her and I together, because she had insisted that "no one took any pictures of [her].") Did I mention that Jenny also stood in the rain, taking pictures soaking wet because my ceremony got rained out? Yep, she is a ninja.

You really only have to look at her website to see the extent of her talent. Her work is exquisite. Not only does she capture the details and the people, she captures the feelings and emotions. Of course I have 100's of beautiful shots, but some of my favorites are of my bridesmaids laugh-crying during our ceremony, the "behind the scenes" shots of the caterers in the kitchen, the shy flower girl and my husband lettin' it all hang out on the dance floor at the end of the night.

Not only is she a talented photographer, she is a little red-headed ray of sunshine and a joy to be around. Without a doubt 5 STARS!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Karli · Married on 06/28/2013

Jenny was such a wonderful photographer for our wedding. From our very first meeting with Jenny, we knew we didn't want to even meet with anyone else. We felt so comfortable around her, and she is so incredibly knowledgable about her craft. You can tell that she takes great pride in her work. We are so incredibly happy with our photos - both engagement and wedding. On top of everything, she was incredibly prompt, friendly, and helped me with any questions I had about the wedding planning process.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Malaika · Married on 06/14/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Alders. Jenny and Melanie were incredibly warm, engaging, and professional from our first meeting to the end of our reception. They listened to what we were looking for in our wedding photography and clearly explained their style and different options. We ended up selecting the package with Melanie as our lead photographer and were incredibly pleased with our choice.

Melanie was a joy to work with. She made us very comfortable at our UCLA engagement shoot, and we genuinely had a fun time despite our original nerves. She really put us at ease and allowed us to be ourselves. Our engagement photos turned out beautifully and the engagement book was a wonderful, memorable guest book for our wedding day. We got so many compliments!

Planning the wedding photography with Jenny and Melanie was very easy. We met with Jenny the week before the wedding to hammer out the final details. As always, she was on top of everything which gave us great peace of mind throughout the lead up to the wedding. Not to mention that Jenny’s feedback about the day-of timeline and photos were incredibly helpful and definitely made the day run smoother.

Melanie and her assistant photographer were fantastic on the day of the wedding. They worked their butts off and got the mix of details, bride and groom, family, and friend pictures we were looking for. They also did a great job of capturing but not interfering with the wedding, it was amazing to look back at the photos and think “I didn’t even know they were there when that happened!” By the end of the night, we felt like we were friends with Melanie and were so happy to have her at our wedding.

Most importantly, the photos were gorgeous and went up quickly. Their online site makes it the pictures easy to share and download for FREE which was truly appreciated by our guests.

Thank you Jenny and Melanie!!

Sent on 09/01/2013