Jennifer Mayo Studios Reviews

18 | Saint Joseph, MI

18 Reviews for Jennifer Mayo Studios

Christina · Married on 05/04/2019

My fiancé worked with Jennifer to capture the actual moment of our engagement, and we could not be more pleased with how it all turned out! The photographs are absolutely spectacular – she knew just how to frame the shots, and when an innocent bystander got in the way she was quickly able to change her angle to crop them out. Working with Jennifer was also great – she was extremely responsive and willing to work with my fiancé’s plan (which had to change last minute due to weather). We have booked her for our wedding next year, and are very excited to get to work with her again!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Kelly · Married on 12/18/2014

Wow is pretty much all I can say. My wedding photos are absolutely stunning, beautiful, and perfect in every single way. Jennifer and her assistant Jami captured our day so wonderfully and I am absolutely in love with the photos. I could not be more happy with my choice to choose them as our photographer! Jennifer was so helpful throughout the whole planning process and very responsive to emails and phone calls. She has such a talent and gift at being able to capture the essence and memory of the day on camera and I would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Tiffany · Married on 09/13/2014

Jennifer Mayo's unique talents, professionalism and creative style truly captured the most magical moments of our life. Her attention to detail and one of a kind images are remarkable. I feel blessed to have worked with her and couldn't have made a better choice when choosing a photographer to capture every moment of my wedding day!

Sent on 02/19/2015

Jason · Married on 09/13/2014

We had decided early on that finding the perfect photographer for our special day was essential.  Afterall, this would be one of the most important decisions made for our wedding day. After talking with Jennifer, reviewing her work and really just listening to her walk us through her process,  we instantly knew we would be more than elated with the outcome. We were!  Look at the pictures, her work speaks fort itself.

Not to mention, behind the scenes,  Jennifer and her team were not only talented and very helpful with their knowledge, but their ability to capture those "real" moments...That's priceless to us,  we love the non-posed moments.   The team was fun and professional at the same time.   You don't realize it, but you're with the team for almost the whole day.  Their ability fit in with family and friends so seamlessly was such a great bonus. We really enjoyed having them share our day with us and can't wait for another opportunity to work with them again.  We really can't say enough great things about Jennifer and her team. Look at her images yourself, read everyone's reviews.... she's the best.

Thank you so much Jennifer,  we are so happy to have found you! We love your ability to take those brief moments from our life and make them beautiful and timeless.

- The Kranz's

Sent on 12/20/2017

Jennifer was amazing at our wedding and was our savior! Our original photographer bailed midway through our photos prior to the ceremony. As can be expected this is one of a brides worst nightmares. The site manager, Lynn, at Millcreek Barn contacted Jennifer and she at the last minute came to our rescue. She got there in time for the ceremony and stayed until the very end. I can't speak highly enough of her professionalism. Despite her time constraints she took beautiful photos and was able to accomplish so much in her restricted time. I literally met her as I was about to walk down the isle and she immediately jumped in and started taking amazing photos! I can't thank her and her assistant enough for their hard work and wonderful photos! Everyone recognized her fabulous work and her ability to blend in with the crowd. Thank you thank you!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/26/2013

Jennifer did a fantastic job with my pictures. We chose her because of her unique pictures that she takes and she did exactly that. She was very flexible the day of, even coming an hour early to accomodate my group. I had 33 people, including family & wedding party, that we had to shuffle from location to location and she was very helpful in getting the pictures done that i absolutely had to have. To my embarrassemnt, a couple of the groomsmen even got a little out of hand and she handled them very professionally.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Cindy · Married on 06/11/2011

From the moment I laid eyes on Jennifer's photos and then sat down and talked with her, I knew we had to have her for our big day. She is an amazing photographer with a keen eye for detail. She braved the cold and wind with us to make sure we got the shots we wanted. The pictures turned out amazingly and I couldn't be any happier with them! I have had countless numbers of complements on the photos and would definitely recommend Jennifer Mayo Studious!

Sent on 06/17/2011

Angie · event on 11/01/2010

Jennifer took my daughter's senior pictures several years ago. She did a beautiful job! Then, she recently helped me recover lost memories of my daughter after my computer was stolen and many photos of her high school years were lost. It was so kind and generous of her to help! She is a top-notch photographer and a great person, as well. In the future, she will be the first I call for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Caitlin · Married on 10/02/2010

Jennifer is wonderful to work with and the quality of her photography speaks for itself. Jennifer's quiet personality immediately puts everyone around her at ease so she can capture people in their natural state. Jennifer has lots of experience with weddings at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart and she knew how to work with the tight timeline and prioritize certain family shots on the altar. Jennifer was one of my favorite vendors during the entire planning process. She's very efficient and usually responds to phone calls and emails within the same day. My husband and I were extremely pleased with the proofs from our wedding. Our family and friends were also impressed by the results. I would definitely recommend Jennifer if you are looking great service and high quality photography.

Sent on 03/14/2011

Nisa · Married on 09/19/2009

Jennifer shot our wedding in Bay Harbor this year and did the most amazing job. We couldn't have asked for more! Our photographer was a priority, so we were willing to spend more than most. Jennifer's work is professional, and she was a doll to work with. If you are looking for a good mix of traditional and a photojournalistic style, Jennifer is the one you're looking for!

Sent on 12/07/2009

Karey · Married on 07/25/2009

Jennifer and JM Studios did a fantastic job photographing our wedding. I knew that the photography was very important to me so I wanted to select a vendor that would provide creative photos that would well preserve the day for us. Jennifer did that and more. We are very please with her photo-journalistic approach. She and her assistant were great to work with - they blended into the day and went with the flow. We never felt rushed or pushed by her needs. They had fun with us and overall it was a great experience. We love the proofs we've seen and have had many comments on how they are the most beautiful wedding photos our guests have seen. Jennifer and JM Studios are on facebook so she actually posted some of our photos on her page so we got to see a sneak peek while we were still on our honeymoon! It was terrific! I can't wait to pick our favorites and have our album designed (which Jennifer does for us and they are beautiful!)

Sent on 08/18/2009

Ainsley · Married on 08/08/2014

Our pictures are simply perfect. We are so grateful for the work that Jennifer did on our wedding day. She captured such special moments that will last us a lifetime! Jennifer was extremely professional, and just fit right in throughout the day. She had great suggestions and the final result was stunning!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Beth · Married on 10/04/2008

Of all the wedding decisions we had to make, the photographer was definitely one of the most important ones. As someone who deals with photographers for a living, I knew (as did my husband) that I was going to be very picky about who we hired. It was critical to me to have someone who was reliable and trustworthy, who had a stellar body of work that was fresh and unexpected, and who could capture our special day using a mix of traditional and journalistic style photography. So when I met with Jennifer Mayo (so nice), saw her portfolio (dreamy) and learned of her credentials (degree from a great school), I knew right away she was the one I wanted to work with. Plus she had photographed our wedding venue on numerous occasions, so she was very familiar with the layout. Simply put, she got it. My husband and I were married at the Round Barn Winery in Baroda, MI. The day of our wedding, Jennifer and her assistant were true professionals. Not only were they easy going and friendly, they were also very respectful of ?not getting in the way? (a mandate per the minister, but just during the ceremony). This didn't faze them ? they still managed to capture the whole ceremony and beautifully so. Jennifer also had great suggestions for where to photograph the formal shots because she was very familiar with the grounds. And while we had her booked for only so many hours, she stayed to make sure she had captured everything we wanted. After it was all over, I can't tell you how excited I was to see the proofs. I was like a kid on Christmas morning when I got the email they were available online. And after pouring over all of them, I was more than pleased with the result. Way, way more than pleased. More like, ecstatic. The details, the candid moments, the formal shots... it's amazing what a great eye can see through a lens. Assembling the album was a bit challenging as that meant having to choose among so many beautiful images. But Jennifer was helpful and accommodating ? thank goodness too, since it took me 6 months to make my selections! So the question on everyone's minds is, would we refer Jennifer to anyone looking for a wedding photographer? Absolutely. And not just for a wedding, but any special event worth remembering. (We look forward to seeing her again when our first little one comes around!) Without question our wedding memories will fade after 10, 20 or however many years, but thankfully all we have to do is open up our album and look at the gorgeous images for a refresher of our special day.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2007

Jennifer and her team take outstanding pictures. They are also very organized and very responsive -- which was especially helpful for us since we were planning our wedding from out of town. Make sure you book well in advance, though, since they fill up quickly!

Sent on 10/30/2009

Anne · Married on 10/01/2011

Jennifer and I accidentally ran into each other while at a bridal show and I knew she was the perfect photographer for the job. My husband being a photography connoisseur sincerely appreciated her artist approach compared to the run of the mill wedding photographers found in southwest Michigan. Her team was fantastic as we used them for our engagement session and Mod Photobooth at our event. Her teams professionalism and attention to detail were unmatchable and greatly appreciated. We highly recommend Jennifer or Jami as they were both excellent photographers that really captured our big day.

Sent on 11/30/2011

Beth · Married on 09/12/2009

We had a September wedding in St Joseph, MI and a great experience with Melissa from Jennifer Mayo Studios! Melissa and her two assistants took us to the beach and around downtown St Joseph to take pictures in places we never would have dreamt would turn out so well. We also really appreciated them keeping us up to date on the Michigan v ND football score! :) Thanks to Melissa and Jennifer Mayo Studios for capturing the great memories of our wedding day!

Sent on 11/14/2009

Liza · Married on 12/30/2007

3.5

Jennifer's pictures have a fresh, candid look to them. If you enjoy a journalistic, rather than posed, style and budget is not a problem then Jennifer would be perfect for you. She is also very flexible about arranging pre-ceremony or post-ceremony pictures and is willing to try a variety of locations. I also really appreciated that she was very discrete during the ceremony and reception and got wonderful pictures with being intrusive. However, make sure that you reserve her services well before your wedding date because she is usually booked.

Sent on 02/27/2008

Amber · Married on 11/26/2011

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

I contacted Jennifer's team after my previous photographer fell through. They were quick to respond and met with me right away, despite the short notice. I loved their work from the start. On the day they arrived on time and you hardly noticed them after that. They were super professional and made sure to keep the day focused on us. When we got our photos back we were amazed. They look like something from a magazine. My only complaint on the photos was that they only took one picture of my mom (except for the posed shots). If you go with them make sure you point out who to focus on!

My main complaints came after the wedding. They were difficult to contact about our planned wedding album. Once we did meet it took 9 months for us to actually get the book. I wrote numerous emails and often waited an entire month for a response. I was always told the same, it was the busy season and they were going to start working on it in a few weeks. Then the next month it would say the same thing. By the time I finally got the book I was so bitter and stressed that I hardly look at it. Just upsets me all over again.

Sent on 01/20/2012