Jennifer Luu Reviews

90 | Houston, TX

90 Reviews for Jennifer Luu

mattie · Married on 10/24/2015

Jennifer is a true professional with such talent! She made our ceremony so very romantic and personal. She shared our story and brought the whole house to tears. She was truly a pleasure to work with and was worth every penny. I would recommend her again and again!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Jonathan · Married on 10/10/2015

I found Jennifer through a reference from a coworker who had attended a wedding where she was the officiant. I was told that she was enthusiastic and very engaging. My wife and I learned through her services that she met those standards and more. Jennifer seemed to be genuinely interested in our story as a couple and what we wanted for our wedding. We met with Jennifer prior to the wedding to discuss what we wanted for the ceremony and found that she was very easy to talk to and offered plenty of ideas for my wife and I to consider. As we got closer to the wedding, Jennifer reached out to confirm details pertaining to the ceremony to make sure we were on the same page. On our wedding day Jennifer was early, showing up an hour before the ceremony which was so helpful just to go through some of the final details. The ceremony was fantastic, she told a story about my wife and I through information we provided to her and even incorporated a bit of humor. We received numerous compliments from our family and friends about her. We even asked Jennifer if she would stay after the wedding to help with announcements and she did so without complaint. My wife and I would highly recommend Jennifer to be a part of such an important day for other couples.

Sent on 10/20/2015

John · Married on 05/16/2015

Jennifer Luu served as our officiant for our wedding in May 2015. In planning our wedding, we decided not to abide by all of the usual traditions and wanted to do something reflective of our own values. Also, we did not have a wedding planner and were figuring out everything on our own, so we needed someone who would be able to walk us through the process. We found Jennifer on theknot.com, noted she had really good reviews and really liked that she personalized her clients’ weddings by telling “their story.”

We were both very busy at work while planning our wedding, and Jennifer was very flexible with meeting us in person around our schedule. She walked us through a “menu” of options, including both the usual traditions and some we were not privy to, that she could provide as our officiant. Jennifer was also very flexible with meeting us for our rehearsal dinner and worked in a last minute addition of a ceremony ritual.

Jennifer had us separately fill out questionnaires which she would develop into our story. She combined these responses into one story to share at our ceremony. The fun part was the surprise of finding out how our separate halves contributed to our unique history. Jennifer had great delivery and told a story that we are very proud to hear. We received many compliments about the story from our guests.

We would recommend Jennifer as an officiant for your wedding. She did a great job from start to finish, was very responsive and crafted our individualized story.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Jennifer Luu is an outstanding wedding officiant, and I would highly recommend her for your wedding! We received so many inquiries about Jennifer from wedding guests who enjoyed the wedding ceremony because of Jennifer’s style and wonderfully engaging storytelling. People really loved hearing our story, and I’m still amazed at how people reacted to knowing more about our history and our love for one another. In addition to loving the idea of sharing our story with our wedding guests, my husband and I had very important things that we wanted to be a part of the ceremony (we are not religious, so some aspects of what we wanted for the ceremony were non-traditional). Even if Jennifer wasn’t familiar with our ideas, she was wonderfully open-minded and happy to make our wedding ceremony truly our own. Jennifer is organized and professional as well as being creative; she continuously worked with us to make our ceremony dreams a reality. Jennifer, we can’t thank you enough for breathing love, personality, meaning and just the right amount of humor into the most sacred of days. Your ceremony was the most important part of the wedding day, and because of you, it was a time that touched not only our hearts, but the hearts of our guests, as well.

Sent on 06/06/2015

Jennifer was absolutely INCREDIBLE as our wedding officiant. I highly recommend her to everyone :) She made the ceremony absolutely magical and told our love story in an amazing way. I am so glad I found her for my wedding!!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Corey · Married on 03/14/2015

Jennifer was the officiant at our wedding recently and we are so happy we hired her! When we started looking for an officiant to hire, we were looking for someone who would give us a ceremony a little less traditional and more personal. I liked the fact that Jennifer is a storyteller and creates a custom story for each of her couples. She really is open to creating a customized ceremony for you and your groom. She doesn't push you into anything and wants to make sure it's exactly what you want. She will send you examples of vows to pick from and also readings, if that is something you want. After our ceremony, we immediately had people coming up to us and telling us how awesome the ceremony was. She had my groom and I laughing and crying during the ceremony when telling certain memories. It was so amazing and we will never forget it. I highly recommend hiring Jennifer if you are looking for a ceremony that is more personal and non-traditional.

Sent on 03/28/2015

jenni · Married on 12/05/2014

After looking around a lot for an officiant who does non-religious ceremonies, we came across Jennifer! We wanted someone fun, easy-going, and great at public speaking, and she was exactly who we were looking for!

Jennifer REALLY gets to know you as an individual and as a couple (even though we didn't live in the same state as her or the wedding, she even google hungout with us before we met in person) and learns your very own love story to share with all the loved ones at your ceremony who might not know quite how you got from first meeting to the wedding.

She gave us tons of ideas for how to build our ceremony with some of the things she's done in other weddings, gave us lots of example readings, blessing, and vows to pick from, and made sure we were able to include the our audience in the ceremony.

She made us laugh and cry, along with everyone else watching, and she was so good at compiling all the information we gave her into one cohesive story.

Everyone we ran into at the reception wanted to know how we found her and said it was the most fun, personal ceremony they were ever a part of. A lot of people learned things about each of us that they didn't know, and it was awesome to get to share our story with everyone at the wedding!

She is super professional and organized (somehow she was probably the only person not crying! haha), and got our marriage license taken care of right away. If we had to do it all over we would definitely choose her again in a heart beat! If you want a special, personalized ceremony that everyone will remember for years to come, she is the perfect officiant for you! She's as good as they come and we wouldn't have changed a thing! So lucky to have found her, thank you for making our ceremony so sweet and memorable!!

Sent on 12/08/2014

JOSEPH · Married on 10/19/2014

Jennifer is amazing and We are so happy that we found her to be lead our wedding. To start with, there was the amazing way in which Jennifer learned the story of my wife and myself. She took the time and effort to learn the smallest details. Then at the wedding she pulled all of that information into an amazing story of our lives to share with friends and family. She eloquently described, how we met, our struggles, our strengths and why we are in love. She told the story of how my wife and I have come to be the wonderful friends and partners that we are. It was great to hear the excitement in Jennifer's voice as she told our story, and it was also amazing to watch the wedding audience learn things about us that they may not have previously known. Jennifer gave a fantastic presentation!

In addition, she is courteous, prompt and on time and is a good communicator. She is comfortable with email, text and phone calls. Reliability is key when getting married and I really appreciated her professionalism.

Thanks again Jennifer Luu!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Jennifer was amazing. She has a personable, open and inviting personality. She made our ceremony ours and listened to us and provided exactly what we wanted.
    She took the time to get to know us and tailored a ceremony to reflect my husband and I as individuals and as a couple. She is an excellent storyteller. At the end of the ceremony everyone had laughed and cried but also knew who we were and why we love each other and are committing to each other. Her professionalism is also very reassuring. She’s always reachable, on time and dependable. She provided a lot of resources that helped us craft our ceremony and on the day of the ceremony she was very organized. Our day was very special and she definitely played a part in making it so. I enthusiastically recommend her.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Brian · Married on 10/04/2014

Jennifer was spectacular. From the moment we met her she was professional but warm and friendly. She got to know us in person and through email over the months before the wedding. She was willing to work with us in "areas" of the wedding that we considered non-traditional. She made the ceremony a hit! She is exceptional at speaking. She brought our words to life and entertained the attendees. We received so many compliments and have recommended her to all of our friends that will be getting married. My wife and I have been to several weddings and, by far, she is THE BEST!!!!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Julie · Married on 08/31/2014

Jennifer is kind, funny and competent. She flew all the way from Houston, Texas to do our wedding in Virginia. Her questions about us as a couple were thorough and we loved how she incorporated those comments into her remarks. She is responsive and understanding and worked with us throughout to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. Also, she has great taste in music ;)

Sent on 09/15/2014

julia · Married on 05/18/2014

All I knew at the start of wedding planning was I wanted a non-religious ceremony & I wanted a ceremony that wasn't boring... something that entertained my guests & something that would make them all feel special. We are so glad to have found Reverend Luu.

At the beginning most of our correspondence was through e-mail, which was very convenient. My fiance & I had chosen to fill out Reverend Luu's questionnaire separately, & have anything that we write be a surprise to each other on the day of the wedding. Reverend Luu was very flexible in the time that we set up to meet & sort of hang out & get to know each other. She encouraged us to brainstorm out loud while she took detailed notes, asked questions, prompted us when we were starting to have some good ideas, & asked about the important people who should be included in the ceremony. She made suggestions on different elements that could be included in the wedding ceremony. We even discussed some non-traditional ideas. Soon after we gave her everything that she needed, she sent us a rough outline of everything that we had spoken about in the form of a ceremony timeline. After we made some edits & omissions, we entrusted the rest to her.
    When the wedding day came, she delivered flawlessly! 3 weeks after our wedding we sat down to watch the video recording of Reverend Luu telling our story & once again we were laughing & crying. I got to see the faces of all my family & guests. They were engaged in the ceremony & absorbed by the story being told. We chose to do some non-traditional stuff like serving our guests popcorn in favor boxes so they could eat during the ceremony. I was nervous because it's so un-traditional but all Reverend Luu had to do was speak a few words to the guests, they laughed, they ate, they were happy & so were we! The way she put all the traditional & non-traditional elements together was seamless! She gave us one of the best wedding gifts: an awesome ceremony to remember forever!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Mark · Married on 05/03/2014

We found Jennifer Luu while searching the internet for a wedding officiant. Initially, our search was a bit frustrating ... very little differentiated the various officiants from each other ... that is, until we ran across Jennifer Luu. Our interest was piqued when we discovered that she was an accomplished storyteller (check her out on YouTube!) ... A unique skill that we thought would work well with our wedding plans/expectations (to be unique, interesting and memorable!).

Our interest quickly turned to certainty once we met Jennifer at a local coffee shop. Jennifer was very personable, intriguing, delightful and organized. Above all, she was sincerely interested in getting to know us ... our history, our interests, our fears, our hopes, our families/friends. In addition, she gave us great input on the logistics of the ceremony. We hired her on the spot.

Over the next few weeks, we answered additional questions posed by Jennifer. In the end, the answers we gave to Jennifer's intriguing questions formed the basis of our wedding ceremony. Jennifer weaved our answers into a sincere, touching and humorous story of our relationship ... much to everyone's delight! Needless to say, we highly recommend Jennifer for your wedding ceremony!

Sent on 07/06/2014

I usually don't care to write reviews (bad or good) but Jennifer was such a crucial part of my awesome wedding that I wanted to rave about her. I wanted our wedding to be simple and sweet. I wanted our close friends and family in our home to celebrate our union. Jennifer's looks got her the initial interview (I did not want a creepy looking guy at my wedding). Her experience and public speaking skills got her the job. My guests were laughing and crying so much I didn't have enough tissues for everyone! Our wedding was OUR wedding. It was about how we met, how we fell in love, and how silly we are. Jennifer was one of the best investment I did for our wedding and I recommend her without any reservations. When I watch my wedding video, I still laugh and cry at the same moments and that is a beautiful magical experience. And when people talk about how unique and memorable our wedding was, I know I have Jennifer to thank for. Thank you for being such a great story teller and making our day even more special.

Sent on 04/24/2014

We selected Jennifer to perform our marriage and were completely satisfied. She worked with us to create a ceremony that was both personal and unique. She gave us many options and suggestions to review beforehand and then met with us to discuss and finalize. The ceremony went smoothly and was just as we had envisioned. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Michael · Married on 05/26/2013

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Jennifer. We couldn't have asked for a better officient. From the beginning she was easy to work with and calming throughout the hectic process.

Jennifer's specialty is she learns and tells you story. She's a great storyteller and brought out laughs, tears and so much more. Her storytelling became one of the most special and personal parts of our wedding, and the way she did it really reflected us as a couple.

Like most weddings ours had a few hiccups, none of which had anything to do with Jennifer--problems with microphones, etc.--and she handled them seamlessly and with grace. Between that and her help during the rehearsal, she made problems disappear.

We had a number of family members and friends comment on how great Jennifer was. I'd recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Andrea · Married on 03/23/2013

If we could give Reverend Jennifer Luu all 10s, we would! She exceeded every expectation. She met with us many months in advance of the ceremony and told us exactly what she needed from us and what we could expect from her. She responded promptly to our initial email and the lines of communication remained open throughout the entire process. The ceremony was absolutely one of the best moments of the entire weekend. Our guests laughed, cried and if they didn't know us very well before the ceremony, they certainly knew what we were about afterwards. It was warm, loving, well-delivered, and absolutely perfect. Wouldn't change a thing. THANK YOU, Reverend Luu, from the bottom of our hearts for making our special day that much more special. You're the BEST!

Sent on 04/02/2013
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 11/17/2012

We were looking for an officiant that would help us create a more personalized message and found Jennifer on WW. We felt very comfortable with her after our initial meeting. She asked us both to fill out a questionnaire about us, how we met, etc. and used it to create a message for the ceremony.

Many of our family and friends told us how they loved hearing our story during the ceremony. We highly recommend Jennifer!

Sent on 02/17/2013

Jacquelyn · Married on 10/26/2012

Wow... where to begin. When we were looking for officiants we knew we wanted to take a different approach. We contacted a few other vendors who sent us their scripts and told us we could change some wording as we wanted but this just didn't seem right for us. I found Jennifer and at first, honestly I was nervous because she seemed relatively new to the field and she had no script. Other officiants reported over 500 weddings under their belts, which now I realize how easy that would be if you read the same thing every time. When we first spoke, Jennifer made it clear she was a story teller and that was her passion. She gave us a list of questions about our story to help her create a unique ceremony. She incorporated a wine ceremony for us and helped us with the logistics and wording. I was nervous to not see what her final product would be before the big day, but she was willing to share if we needed to know. It was ABSOLUTELY worth the wait. She shared our story from the start with our guests and did so confidently and engagingly. She made us feel so comfortable before and during the day. The whole night and to this day, my guests comment on how unique, special, interesting and fun our ceremony was. Many said how this is the first ceremony they have seen that they will truly remember. Even my husband's father learned something new about our relationship through Jennifer's retelling of our story. I could go on and on but I know when I was reading reviews the long ones steered me away and I don't want to do that at all. JENNIFER MADE MY CEREMONY MORE AMAZING AND SPECIAL THAN I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED. Thank you x a millllllion!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Katherine · Married on 10/07/2012

We were so, so happy with the way the ceremony turned out.
    Everyone commented how much they enjoyed it and hearing Jennifer share our story as a couple and how we feel about each other. Definitely take her advice about filling out the questionnaires separately so that you can be pleasantly surprised on the wedding day by what your partner has to say. The only piece of advice I'd give is to coordinate with your partner about the relative length of your responses so that one's isn't noticeably more detailed than the other's. Also, remember that everything you write is subject to being read in front of your parents, grandma, and all of your guests so do whatever self-editing that might require ;)

Finally, Jennifer has a great attitude and we were glad to have someone with the right balance of being professional but still laid back.

Sent on 10/20/2012

Jana · Married on 06/08/2012

Jennifer Luu did a wonderful job as our officiant. She was easy to work with and responsive to all of my emails. She did a wonderful job telling the story of our relationship and made everyone laugh on numerous occasions. We got a lot of comments from guests about how great and unique the ceremony was. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a fun and unique ceremony that really reflects on the couple's relationship.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Thao · Married on 05/26/2012

Jennifer Luu is the BEST! Everyone who attended our wedding kept asking us “Where did you find her?” :)
    After talking to Jennifer for the first time, my husband and were like “That’s it! She’s the one!” We have a very unique and long love story; Jennifer listened to us patiently and took notes on every single detail we told her. My husband is not a “sharing” type of person, but after meeting with Jennifer, he opened up and felt very comfortable sharing. Jennifer is sooooo fun to talk to and she took time to connect with us. Jennifer has performed such a unique ceremony for us that none of my guests has ever seen before – a personalized ceremony that brought both laughter and tears at times.
    We have a very small wedding because we thought the memories are ones that count – our ceremony is the one - we will remember it for the rest of our life. Thank you Jennifer for your time and dedication.

Sent on 05/30/2012

Liz · Married on 05/18/2012

Jennifer was the officiant for our wedding at the W hotel in DC on May 18th. She did an amazing job! We got so many compliments on our ceremony. From beginning to end she made the process fun and easy and about us and our story. She is very easy going but also very organized and responsive. She kept us in the loop and on track. Jennifer is a wedding officiant because she enjoys it and that comes across. She was not salesy at all. We really appreciated not getting a form email sent to us or a process dictated to us. She gave us great suggestions and didn't overwhelm us with options and together we created an amazing ceremony.

Sent on 05/30/2012

H · Married on 11/06/2011

Great to work with. Jennifer provided helpful advice and was open to any ideas. Highly recommended.

Sent on 02/23/2012
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/22/2011

Jennifer Luu wrote a very personalized ceremony for us and had great ideas about what we could include. She offered us some choices for the various parts of the ceremony, and we customized some of the wording. She was completely open to our suggestions and requests, and so wonderfully laid back throughout the process. We were looking for an officiant who would put us at ease, and Jennifer was the perfect person. I've been to many weddings, and I've never really heard anyone say much about the ceremony, itself, but so many of our guests came up to us after our wedding to tell us how much they enjoyed ours! Jennifer is exceptional and a fantastic value. Thank you so much, Jennifer! You're the best!

Sent on 11/08/2011