JenMar Creations Reviews

33 | Minneapolis, MN

33 Reviews for JenMar Creations

Kristen · Married on 10/06/2007

JenMar Creations has been a part of my wedding, my family's, my friends', and we wouldn't do it any other way! They make beautiful gowns, veils, belts, accessories and really take the time to make the bride and her crew feel important. You'll be so glad you chose them to help with your dress...bridesmaids and Mother's dresses, too!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2015

Jen and Mary were the BEST to work with when I needed alterations for my wedding gown. I am 5ft 2in so I obviously needed some length taken off my dress as well as straps added and they went above and beyond to make sure my dress was custom fit for me. I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

Sent on 10/21/2015

These ladies are so fun and so talented! I had several things done to my dress including adding bling features, hemmed for heels and flats, the sides were taken in...a few times, and more. My weight fluctuated DRASTICALLY during the whole process so it was hard to tell where I would be when I went in my last two weeks. However, Mary and Jenny took care of me and were happy to do it! They are so flexible to making sure you get exactly what you want, my dress turned out PERFECT. I had zero problems my entire wedding day and the on/off/bustle process was so simple. I loved every minute working with these ladies and laughed a lot! Check them out, they are so so so worth it! :)

Sent on 10/03/2016

Colleen · Married on 09/12/2015

I had the ladies of JenMar alter both a bridesmaid dress for a friends wedding and then my own wedding dress. They came as a recommendation from another friend that was also using them. My dress worked out very well. I should have probably ordered one size smaller, so they had some alterations to do. I was very happy with the results. They were kind and professional. They are excellent at what they do. The dress fit very well and was great all day long. They also created the veil for me which was great and really reasonable in price. I would definitely use them again in the future.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Morgan · Married on 01/10/2015

When I saw quite a few recommendations for JenMar Creations on theknot.com, I decided to contact them for my dress alterations - and I am so glad that I did!! Jenny worked with me for the majority of these alterations, and her sister Mary handled the bustle. They were not only very experienced with wedding dresses, their personalities were very friendly and welcoming; I truly felt comfortable during every visit and never pressured. Jenny was very thorough in making sure all of my wishes were addressed throughout the entire process. When I first bought my dress it was about 6 sizes too big, and it ended up fitting and looking perfect! Jenny also had many wonderful ideas about ways to customize the dress and make it unique.

Even from my limited experience with wedding dresses, I would verify that their prices are very reasonable and flexible. Jenny made sure she was aware of my budget from day one and made sure to update me with the final total after every decision. Since I ended up getting a bit more custom work done, my total ended up a bit over my $300 budget, but I couldn't be more happy with the result. She also altered my sister's bridesmaid's dress which was also very affordable.

Potential customers should note that since this is a private business, all of the meetings are done in the basement of Jenny's home. This actually ended up being a nice factor because of the increase in privacy - they go by appointment and there is no chance of other customers walking in unannounced. It is also nice to see all of their current projects on display - their custom work looks amazing! If I did it again (but hopefully not!) I would definitely look into their custom dresses. Overall both sisters did a wonderful job and I would recommend them to any bride or bridesmaid looking for an affordable place to get alterations!

Sent on 01/27/2015
  • Jordan&Steph

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

I bought a dress from a Sample Sale, then I lost 25 lbs. JenMar Creations really had their work cut out for from. My dress had lace, and intricate beading. JenMar did a nice job with my dress and I loved it.

Sent on 07/15/2016
  • Y

Yael · Married on 07/12/2014

I got a beautiful wedding dress at an enormous discount through JenMar Creations. They had to take it in a couple of times, and I was a bit freaked out when they started sharing stories about how zippers break and some brides need to get sewn into their dresses! It's worth noting that they expect brides to stop losing weight between the first fitting and final fitting. However, they did make alterations and they were beautiful. A good chunk of the bling they sewed on the straps fell off, but I think it was bound to happen! I'd definitely recommend them for huge discounts and gorgeous dresses.

Sent on 07/23/2014

1.8
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0
      1.5

JenMar is the place to go if saving a buck is the only thing you want out of a wedding vendor. Jen and Mary put penny pinching very high on their list of priorities and quality, professionalism and attention to detail very low. If you do decide to go with them spell everything out (literally, give them the information you discuss in writing) because they may not take notes, or if they do take notes, they may consider what you say optional. Consider bringing your own fabric, because even if you pick out fabric from their supply, it may dissappear a few weeks before the wedding. Lastly, tell them your wedding is a month before the actual date, because you may end up bringing it elsewhere to fix.

Sent on 01/06/2016

JenMar Creations's reply:

When we show you a fabric sample we try our best to get it for you. Sometimes it just cannot be found. I am sorry we did not come through for you. But we did try our best! No one is perfect and we do not claim to be. We just try to give our brides the best that is in us. Again We are sorry we let you down. Sincerely, Mary