30 Reviews for Jekyll Island Club Resort

Event Planning (4)
Lighting/Sound (3)
Shuttle (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)

I truly cannot give a higher recommendation for this venue. First off, it is gorgeous. Me and my husband got married here October 14, 2017 at the Cherokee Cottage. It truly was a perfect day -- very much because of the hard work and service of the Jekyll Island Club Resort staff.

Our wedding coordinator, Jessica, worked with us from the beginning and was extremely kind and helped up make our day exactly what we wanted. I was very fearful of the weather being bad that day, but she was comforting and offered great advice and alternatives (which we did not have to end up using because the weather was perfect). The food was amazing, the best wedding food I have ever had (and what all of the guest were saying!).
This was a destination wedding, and the staff at Jekyll club really did help above what was expected and offered many resources to booking the DJ/florist/etc. You can do it "all-inclusive", but we chose not to and picked out own vendors which worked out completely fine.

The only constructive feedback that I can offer (which is tiny in comparison to all that a wedding encompasses) is that the bride and groom rooms were not ready early on Friday (about 3 pm), which made getting ready for the rehearsal stressful and rushed. There were people staying in them the night before, however they checked out before noon and I think those should be a priority to be clean

Profile Picture Kelci, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Chairs, Event Planning

We were so thrilled with our wedding at the Jekyll Island Club Resort! We got married at the Crane Cottage and could not have chosen a more beautiful location. It was such an amazing experience to have the Cottage for the entire weekend for our family and friends, and every detail was perfect. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the food and how friendly and helpful the resort staff was. Cates and Cricket in the sales and catering departments were so easy to work with and made the planning process a breeze. Anthony, the banquet captain, went above and beyond during the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception to make sure we had everything we could have asked for. We highly, highly recommend the Jekyll Island Club!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Chairs

We chose the Jekyll Island Club hotel for our wedding venue and we could not have been happier!! The entire day was so perfect! We worked with Cates and Cricket in the Sales and Catering department and they were amazing to work with! They were extremely professional and responsive and helped to ensure that our wedding day ran smoothly! The hotel and grounds are so beautiful, and make for the most stunning wedding pictures! The food and service were outstanding, as well! Our friends and family could not stop raving about how much fun they had! Many thanks to the Jekyll Island Club for making our wedding dreams come true!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/9/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

Absolutely the most beautiful wedding venue in Georgia! The wedding coordinators and all of the staff were absolutely amazing. It was the best day of my life!! All of our guest raved about the venue and service. They all went above and beyond for my special day. I would recommend to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married in March at Jekyll Island Club Hotel and were absolutely blown away by the service, the beauty of the resort, how friendly everyone was and how relaxing the entire weekend was. We worked with Cricket and she is the best - so accommodating and was the calm that I needed throughout the entire process. She went above and beyond for us! Oh and the food was fantastic!!! We honestly couldn't have asked for a better location for our wedding - it was absolutely perfect! We loved every second of our weekend and cannot wait to return to celebrate our 1st anniversary!

Profile Picture User5273298, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got the Club Package at Crane Cottage. We wanted a location where our family and friends were all together in one place in order to enjoy an entire weekend of fun. The location was perfect, with beautiful oak trees, historic sites, beautiful hotel rooms and lots of places to explore.

The team that helped us with our wedding was fabulous! Jessica was a great planner. She made sure everything went exactly how we wanted it. We also had an amazing catering manager, Attila, who made our dinner and food impossible to forget. Nothing we requested was impossible. They accommodated our request for our guests to be able to view the sunset by changing the timeline around, and allowed for us to have s'mores out on the lawn late at night. Our wedding turned out more perfect than I imagined that it could! The vendors on their list were absolutely amazing as well, we could not have picked out better companies ourselves! There was a little confusion on how the breakfast buffet coupons worked, but that was a small issue. Overall it was a perfect day, and I am still in shock at how well it went!

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough about how fabulous this location and the staff are for a wedding. From Rachel and Jessica in the sales and catering office to Atilla at the Crane who is just amazing. Our wedding weekend was just fabulous. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location and a more responsive and caring staff to work with. Jessica helped me so much prior to the wedding and on my wedding day when my florist basically came totally unprepared. Atilla was like part of the family before the weekend was over, even playing football with my 8 year old nephew on the front lawn. Anyone who is contemplating having their wedding here needs to just do it, it will be amazing!

Profile Picture Siobhan, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

Amazing venue with equally amazing staff. My wedding guest had a ball!!!

Profile Picture User3855001, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding took place at the Crane Cottage on Jekyll Island Club Hotel, and the wedding turned out to be an even more spectacular event than I had ever imagined it to be! Our guests were blown away by the beauty of the location, the amazing service by the staff at Crane, the awesome tasting food, and the collaborative work that went into making the event such a special day!
Although we planned the wedding from a far, I was consistently in communication with the event coordinators and really felt that we were in good hands from day one (Thanks to Jessica Shell and Beth Vanderberg!) They answered all of my questions, provided suggestions when needed, and even supported us in sticking to a budget (which can be extremely difficult when planning a wedding!)
The wedding turned out absolutely amazing and exceeded our expectations. Friends/family have not stopped thanking us for inviting them to the "best wedding they have ever been to." I recommend Jekyll Island Club Hotel to anyone who is looking for a unique, romantic, fun, and absolutely gorgeous wedding!

Profile Picture Christine, 8/16/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

From the planning staff to the bell captain, all were extremely professional. Any request was met with a pleasant response, and they couldn't do enough for us. We had our reception at the Cherokee Cottage. We had the entire cottage for our guests, and they all gave us nothing but positive feedback. We love Jekyll Island Club Hotel, and would recommend it to anyone who wants a top notch venue with amazing people taking care of every detail. Many Thanks to all the staff, we had a memorable weekend.

Profile Picture Gail, 3/29/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING ! From the minute i drove onto the grounds, I fell in love. The place was a bit out of my budget but because we had our wedding in January we received 1/2 off and our guests did too!
The staff was wonderful. We had our entire wedding weekend there; from rehearsal , dinner, Friday night party, and the wedding and reception. All in the same location! The staff was fabulous and every time I had a concern or need they were there to take care of it right away. If I were to go back and choose another place for my wedding, I wouldn't do a thing different! They even decorated the ceremony and reception space for me! The only thing I would have changed would be to have a longer wedding because it was just so wonderful!

Profile Picture Crystal, 1/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

My family and I had been going to Jekyll Island Club Hotel ever since I was a little girl, so to have the chance to get married there was a dream come true! Cates and Jessica helped me plan the different aspects of my wedding and they were fantastic! Always available for questions, great input and made the whole wedding process a breeze! On the actual wedding day, there were no problems, it was all smooth sailing. Also, the food was incredible! Fresh, warm, prepared perfectly! No complaints from anyone. They also made the cake and made it exactly as I asked. It was so good and they cleaned up at the end so that helped my family out after the wedding was over. I am so happy I had my wedding at the Crane Cottage and I would recommend having a wedding at Jekyll Island Club to everyone!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/30/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I knew we wanted a destination wedding and wanted to have it somewhere in Georgia. While doing research, we came across the Jekyll Club Hotel and completely fell in love with it. We were a bit skeptical because we weren't able to visit the location before our big day, so we had to rely on pictures and reviews of the hotel. When we arrived we were completely blown away. It was one of the most beautiful places we had ever seen! Not only that, but the staff was outstanding, the guests were classy and the rooms were phenomenal. It was all in all the most wonderful experience and weekend of our lives.

Profile Picture Jamie, 4/10/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the wedding of my dreams! The Jekyll Club is absolutely gorgeous and the food was amazing. Several people said it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to.

Profile Picture Heidi, 5/31/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We rented the Crane Cottage our for our wedding weekend over Cinco de Mayo. We had 80 people at the wedding. We had our families stay in the 13 Crane Cottage rooms and the rest of the guests stayed in the hotel or surrounding hotels. It was easy for us to meet the wedding room block requirements. We took full advantage of the Cottage by having our rehearsal dinner in the living room on Friday, wedding ceremony in the sunken garden, reception on the front lawn, and farewell breakfast in the living room the next morning. Rachel was both our ceremony coordinator and our catering coordinator, Anthony was our day of guy, and Patty was in charge of our room block and cottage arrangements. Rachel worked with us for over 8 months and was very responsive and sweet via email. She did a nice job helping us answer all the right questions and helped our vision come to life (we DIYed and did all flowers/decor ourselves); only a few small things didn't happen the day of like we planned, like our pedal isle for the ceremony. Still, she was so easy to work. We did not meet Anthony until we got down there, but he was the most amazing Yes-Man. He always had a smile and jumped to action after every request I made. In general, the guests raved about everything. The food for all 3 meals was amazing (we did buffets for everything), and our wedding cake was pretty yummy and well-styled also. The catering here is so reasonably priced relative to other comparable venues. We got lucky with great weather (72 and overcast!) and never had any problems with gnats or mosquito's or anything (which was something I worried about). No one had any complaints about their rooms that I heard about. There were other large parties happening both nights close by the cottage (one at riverfront Friday and Cherokee Saturday), but having the cottage and it's grounds all to ourselves made that not a huge issue besides that they had to borrow some of our chairs (annoying but no one noticed). I highly recommend.

Photos
Profile Picture Merrin, 5/5/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals

Cricket (our catering director) was phenomenal. She was attentive to our needs, very responsive, and made sure everything ran like clockwork on our wedding day. The venue (Crane Cottage) was beautiful, and we can't say enough about the staff. Our one (minor) complaint is that the Club Package doesn't provide as much as you might expect for the price. Having said that, it was money well spent.

Profile Picture User4579102, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews

Absolutely loved my wedding reception here, held under the big oak trees on the river front lawn. They made my dream come true and were very accommodating. All my guest (40 of them) love their weekend get away here on the island. Things could not have gone better. The food was great (had the Hawaiian buffet), the cake was delicious, and their services was on point! My family and extended family stayed and rented out the Cherokee Cottage which was like living in a 1920s dream. Their catering manager Cricket and Bridget where so helpful, as well as their reservation manager Rachel, who took care of booking all the rooms for my guest at the main hotel. Rooms are pricey but so worth it, much love to this hotel and their staff

Profile Picture Adilah, 9/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful the whole way through!

Profile Picture Natalea , 12/11/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rachel and Jessica were awesome in helping us plan our wedding! We got the date we wanted and location. Our wedding and reception were on the riverfront lawn & Everything was beautiful & elegant. All tables, linens, & chairs were included in venue price. Edison Lighting decor was provided through hotel and was stunning! All catering and cake are done through hotel - which we loved because it's much less stressful than trying to choose a caterer & baker... Jessica was our day-of-coordinator and she was great. Everything went smoothly and our guests had an amazing time!
Only negative would be the requirement to fill an allotted amount of rooms based on guests list... My family & friends are local so this was tough for us.

Profile Picture Janna, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Chairs

This was a destination wedding for almost all of our guests and an event that went on for the whole weekend. The location is amazing and one of the most beautiful places Ive seen! Since our guests were almost all from out of town we rented out both the Cherokee house and the Crane cottage for the weekend. Our guests loved it, they all got to be together we without other guests coming in and out, it was perfect. We had our rehearsal dinner on the lawn at cherokee Friday night, had breakfast set up for our guests Saturday morning in the living room at Cherokee, played croquet and had lunch on the Croquet Lawn followed by the ceremony in the Crane Garden, the reception in the Crane Courtyard and the reception right outside on Crane. The following morning we had brunch on the riverfront lawn. We really got to get a taste of everything Jekyll had to offer and it was all amazing. The food was unbelievable and our guests couldn't stop talking about it. The staff went above and beyond to make sure everyone had what they wanted and needed. The efficiency level they operate at amazed me considering we were always moving from one place to another for each different event of the weekend. Our guests loved every moment and still can't stop talking about all the little details and how beautiful everything was.

The venue, food and staff are amazing! The only thing that I will say that they are lacking is helping you go above and beyond. I ended up hiring a wedding planner to help coordinate all aspects of the weekend.

Profile Picture Brianne, 9/27/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Jekyll Island Club Resort is without a doubt THE BEST place to get married on the NE Coast of FL-GA!

Brides - trust me, where else can you get the most gorgeous photos of Spanish moss trees, sunset on the river views and stunning historical architecture plus have all your guests stay together in a beautiful home?!

We rented the Cherokee house for our 1/6/18 wedding and our guests continue to rave about the beauty of the grounds, the amazing accommodations and the fabulous food. My wedding was just a dream come true and we loved everything about Jekyll Island and the Club resort. We worked with Kayla in Sales and Rachel in catering. My biggest fear was the cost escalating and getting surprise charges and sub par service on the day. (Mainly due to some negative reviews I read on the Knot). This did not happen at all! We felt we got an amazing value for what we paid, and the team on the day was very helpful, accommodating and all-around awesome.

I can't thank everyone at Jekyll Island Club Resort enough for making my wedding dreams come true!

Profile Picture Laura, 1/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Shuttle, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs

We looked at locations all up and down the Georgia coast and settled on the Jekyll Island club, specifically Crane Cottage. The club itself was much to fancy and Victorian for my tastes, but if that is your thing then go for it. The Crane Cottage is in an Italian style and has a perfect garden where we had the ceremony and a lovely courtyard where we had the reception. If the club itself's fancy air turns you off definitely check out Crane Cottage. The staff were lovely, particularly Attila, who managed everything with humor and good ideas. The only bad thing about the location was that there was another wedding going on and we could here their reception's music during our ceremony. A cousin went to tell them to knock it off.

The food was... I have no idea, I really don't remember eating anything except that I know the raspberry vinaigrette dressing was good. I was too exited to eat much. We also had them cater our rehersal dinner as a picnic. Standard picnic food all around, and do snacks before the wedding as the reception was quite late. I didn't get to eat any of those eather but I'm told it was also very good. The cake looked lovely and they worked well with my florist.

Particularly if you are considering Cumberland Island and find that to be too expensive, Jekyll and the Jekyll Island club has almost everything Cumberland has (except wild horses) and you don't have to get there by boat. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Profile Picture Fae, 3/29/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
4.3

We were married at the Jekyll Club Hotel this past September specifically in Crane Cottage. The entire staff was exceptional with the exception of one front desk employee the night of the wedding who was poorly informed and not too helpful and frankly a bit rude. Every single other employee was top notch.
We had a beautiful ceremony at 6 pm in the garden and like one other person they allowed another outside ceremony at the exact same time and their music was so loud it was disturbing and one would have hoped the hotel would have staggered events to not have that interruption. There was a walkway behind the ceremony site that in past visits I had seen blocked off during ceremonies but during our wedding there was high traffic pedestrian and golf cart on it. The air conditioning broke in the Cottage early the day of the wedding and we had many of our guests staying there (including us!) it was so hot while we were getting ready and during the wedding reception and the hotel offered to move guests to different rooms in the main hotel building but it was a big inconvience. (this is where the rude front desk person came in...) There were Palmetto Bugs at the reception which was disturbing as one ran under my dress and I basically stripped down on the spot to find it...
The food was wonderful according to our guests and the cake was DELICIOUS! And beautiful with the exception of the fact that the baker would not work with my florist to put the fresh flowers on the cake and in the heat it was sliding as my florist attempted to decorate it. The florist requested the baker to place the flowers but they NeVER DID! So My fresh flower cake topper was only half done and .... very different looking....

We also held our rehearsal dinner at the main Hotel in the grand dining room and it was PERFECTION! The chef worked with my mother in law and created the best meal almost every guest states they have ever eaten. The service was 6 star (except they cleared away the favors before people left!)

Profile Picture caryn, 9/6/08, 4 Reviews
4.2

This place is so beautiful. Cricket helped us plan things from a distance and was wonderful on my wedding day. I loved our room and how nice all the people at the hotel were.

Profile Picture Krystal, 10/18/09, 5 Reviews