Jeff Schaefer Photography Reviews

122 | Fairfield, OH

122 Reviews for Jeff Schaefer Photography

Valerie · Married on 05/20/2017

Jeff was incredible to work with. We were so excited to book with him after seeing the great work he did with our friends and family. He captured every moment of our wedding beautifully. We received our photos within 14-days, it was incredible. People constantly tell us it looks like our photos are from a magazine. Jeff made our wedding day so easy and carefree- sometimes we even forgot he was there! Everything felt so natural, never staged. I would recommend Jeff to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer- he truly is the best of the best.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Jeff Schaefer Photography's reply:

Thanks Valerie!

Andy · Married on 12/09/2016

Jeff was a great asset to have as part of the wedding. He was professional at all times and took the shots that we wanted and made us look great on our wedding day. I would recommend Jeff if you are looking for a quality photographer for your wedding.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Alyssa · Married on 11/05/2016

He did an amazing job! He was very professional and has had a lot of experience in the industry! We did his all day package so we had pictures covering getting ready, our first look, three different locations before the ceremony, the ceremony, and lots of reception fun! He was so well prepared! Together we came up with a time line and had everything planned out creating a stress free day! He had great examples/ opinions on where to go before the ceremony. He also knew the ins and outs for example if we needed to have a permit for a specific spot or if we needed to give a deposit to reserve a place! We had a plan A and then a plan B just Incase the weather was an issue. I loved this because I felt like no matter what was going on with the weather I was still going to have great pictures and I did! The pictures were amazing and we get tons of compliments on them! He was great to work with and produced the pictures very quickly with in. 2-3 weeks!! Everything was great!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Tiffany · Married on 09/18/2016

Jeff photographed our wedding last September and did an amazing job! We were very happy with how our wedding photos turned out. We ended up with some awesome sunset photos and a great mix of candid as well as traditional photos throughout the day. Jeff was very easy to work with and very organized, which we really appreciated. He captured not only the major wedding and reception events, but also all the little wedding details including decorations. Overall, we were very happy we chose Jeff to photograph our wedding and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer.

Sent on 11/25/2017

Liz · Married on 09/04/2016

I highly highly recommend Jeff ! We used him for my daughters wedding and were so impressed that we had to have him for ours! At that time he even drove all the way from Cincinnati to South Bend Indiana so they could have their engagement pictures taken at Notre Dame! I also loved the pictures he had done at our venue for other weddings. I was especially worried being an older bride how I would look .. He listened to all my concerns and the pictures turned out beautifully. He had them posted online in a week and got the CD and album ready faster that I thought possible. We could not be any happier!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Katrina · Married on 09/02/2016

Jeff did a great job with our wedding photos! He was organized, courteous and professional throughout the whole process. His second photographer, Becky, was also spectacular. She went above and beyond her job responsibilities (helping me pin up my dress when my bustle broke, for example). Some of our photos were available on Facebook within a week, and the rest were sent to us not long after. The photos are of great quality!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Barb · Married on 08/27/2016

Jeff Schaefer was great. All the pictures were amazing. The night time picture he took was phenomenal. Everyone I showed and I showed EVERYONE couldn't believe it wasn't photo shopped. It is the most beautiful picture I've ever seen

Mandy · Married on 08/26/2016

Amazing experience! Couldn't have asked for a better experience or photographer! Not a single complaint! Had a blast with him!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/30/2016

Jeff was recently our wedding photographer and I must say that I am 100% pleased with the results from our day. He captured the most beautiful photos I could have ever imagined. Our wedding day was a long one as we had our ceremony in Indianapolis, Indiana followed by a dinner and reception between Dayton and Cincinnati, Ohio. Jeff never once looked tired or overwhelmed and he was always prompt and ready to suggest different pictures. He was so professional and courteous throughout the day too. Our ceremony being a sacred and religious one can be hard to capture on film. Jeff did a fantastic job capturing the essence of our holy temple on the grounds outside while observing the sacredness of what we hold dear to us in the temple. He was reverent and respectful of our religious views, which was wonderful. At my reception all of my guests were so impressed with him. The comments, both during and in the days following the wedding day were, "Your photographer was great! He was everywhere!" and "Your pictures are absolutely stunning!" I agree 100% with my guests. Jeff truly was there capturing every single moment he could and most of the time he was a one man show! The most impressive thing for my guests was his slide show of the pictures from the day. As he took photos they were shown on a slide show at the reception. It was so neat and unique. Everyone loved to see what had happened earlier in the day since not everyone attended the ceremony. Jeff's 2 week policy is fantastic. He was so quick to have my photos ready to go and our photo book ready to share. I am so excited for the photo book. It was so easy to do as Jeff takes your comments and works through the building process with you to make it a perfect fit for you! He is so easy to work with and is quick with getting your photos back to you. If you are in the Dayton/Cincinnati area, do yourself a favor and hire Jeff Shaefer as your photographer. You won't be disappointed and he will take away some stress from your

Scott · Married on 07/16/2016

Jeff Schaefer was the best!! During one of the most hectic times of your life, Jeff made the photography portion of our wedding perfect. He was efficient in the weeks leading up the to wedding and during the rehearsal and wedding he know just what to do. We just trusted him from the beginning and the pictures were perfect. We used his pictures for the thank you cards for the wedding and several guest and family members purchased the photos as they were great. I would highly recommend Jeff for any event that you have....especially for weddings. Thanks Jeff!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Abby · Married on 06/04/2016

Jeff did an excellent job at our wedding! He captured some beautiful pictures outdoors at the golf course before the wedding! The pictures look so natural and in the moment. The great pictures continued at the church and the reception hall. One of my favorite things was the picture slideshow that was running at the reception. It was great that our guests got to view pictures that were taken earlier that afternoon. I would definitely recommend Jeff if you want to fully capture your perfect day!

Daniel · Married on 02/20/2016

Jeff photographed our wedding at The Phoenix in February.

There are many photographers out there, and it can be hard to choose. My first standard was this: was there at least 1 picture on the photographer's website that was so good that I would willing to frame it and hang it on my wall, even if it was a picture of somebody else (i.e. not me and my spouse). Jeff was one of the few that met that standard. He's got some really amazing shots on the website.

But remember, every photographer is going to put the best of the best on their website. You can't pick a wedding photographer based on their 1 best photograph, because that's not what you are hiring them to do. You don't want 1 good picture and 499 mediocre ones. You want to pick your photographer based on their average work, because that's what most of the photos you get are going to be. So beyond the website, you need to look at sample albums where every picture in it was drawn from the same wedding. That is more representative of what you are actually going to get than a website gallery.

I'd say one of Jeff's strengths is his albums. Jeff's albums are nicely laid out and formatted. They really tell the story of your wedding day from start to finish. All of the pictures are solid on their own, but they really together better in the album. Some photographers we interviewed just did not have attractive album layouts. Some did not even have any sample albums for us to look at. Jeff's album is fantastic and will be a keepsake for years to come.

Beyond that, it was all about personal connection. The bigger studios do good work, but it's going to be a little less personal. With a smaller studio, you get that personal connection. To us, that was important. Jeff was pretty laid back and his style just matched our style well. He was super organized, with a detailed timeline and a specific shot list. We are structured, detailed oriented people so we worked well with him.

Overall,definitely recommend

Sent on 09/24/2016

Shannon · Married on 10/09/2015

Jeff is an amazing photographer. He did a great job capturing our wedding day. There were times when we didn't realize his vision, but after the fact we were amazed by many of his shots. We couldn't be happier with our pictures. Jeff is very dedicated to getting all of the right shots and providing top notch pictures. Our albums turned out great. There is a reason he is voted Best of the Knot year after year. Thank you for a job well done. We are very happy.

Ashley · Married on 08/29/2015

Jeff was absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough how happy I am with our pictures and experience. He captured everything and then some. I am so glad we had Jeff for our special day.

Jeff Schaefer Photography's reply:

Thanks Ashley!

Brittany · Married on 05/15/2015

We were so impressed with Jeff and his fellow photographer/videographers professionalism and eye for detail. They were able to identify special areas for photos and moments. Jeff and his team was extremely relaxed and appreciated as we never felt stressed or rushed the entire day. He has an eye for great spots for photos and will strive to include any photos or ideas you have. His timeline he creates for the day gives structure to the day and ensures all the pictures you want are taken.

Many of our guests commente on how Jeff and his team were available for shots, but not intrusive. The guests were impressed with the pictures available at the reception. Needless to say Jeff was terrific. Even though we have only received the proofs, we are excited to see edited photos and the video.

We highly recommend Jeff and can't speak highly enough of his talent and professionalism.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Patrick · Married on 10/10/2014

Jeff was some of the best money spent on our wedding. Everything you've read about him is true, you'll get amazing pictures, easy to work with, the list goes on.

He knows exactly what he's doing in any situation and is great at taking charge when he needs to. We used him for both our engagement and wedding pictures and we have close to a thousand amazing pictures documenting our engagement, ceremony, reception, and everything along the way. He even knows the area so well that he can help in a pinch if you need a good place to take pictures at.

Jeff is definitely a master at wedding photography!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Jenny · Married on 09/20/2014

I cannot express how awesome Jeff and his assistant were at our September wedding. He was so organized and knew exactly how to make our vision come to life without me having to ask. He knows exactly what to do and how to do it to get the perfect picture and nothing ever looks posed. He knows how to make your wedding stress free and makes you feel relaxed and comfortable. The pictures turned out even better than I imagined. There is a reason you need a good photographer on your wedding day. And Jeff is definitely it! I recommend him wholeheartedly!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Julia · Married on 09/13/2014

Jeff photographed our engagement session and our wedding and we could not be happier with the results. I was very picky in selecting a photographer and I believe that Jeff Schaefer is the one of the best photographers in the area and has the best value. Our photos are breathtaking and Jeff and his assistant did such a wonderful job capturing all the details and special moments of our wedding day. We have received so many compliments on our photos, and our guests LOVED the live photo booth at the wedding. He also set up a slideshow preview by the photo booth of the photos from the ceremony and formal shoots so everyone could see them right away! It was such a cool touch and something I've never seen before. I can't wait for the wedding album, which was beautifully laid out and available online for me to preview and edit (and I didn't make many changes). Jeff was easy to work with and I could just relax and enjoy the day, fully confident that everything would turn out beautifully. He and his assistant were both very professional and responsive to any requests or concerns I had on the wedding day. He even drove up to Notre Dame to shoot our engagement photos last year. Great service and truly incredible photographs! I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Erica · Married on 08/01/2014

Very pleased with the pictures! I had a great experience with Jeff and could not be happier. I even had girls from both high school and college contact me to ask who took my wedding photographs!

Jeff was very easy to work with, and given the opportunity, I would choose to work with him again! He helped make my day perfect, and we had so much fun taking our pictures!! Excellent work!! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/04/2014

Jeff Schaefer and his assistant did a fantastic job during our 4th of July wedding. Jeff is a great photographer! We were very pleased with his patient, professional, and creative style. Jeff was an absolute pleasure to work with. Picking the perfect wedding photographer is extremely important and we could not have been more pleased with our decision. We are excited to have such great memories to look back on and thanks to Jeff, reminiscing will be so much fun. Thank you, Jeff for helping to make our special day so memorable and for the time, effort, and hard work you put into taking such wonderful pictures. We would recommend Jeff to anyone and the reasonable price was an added bonus!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Maria · Married on 06/06/2014

Jeff did a wonderful job on the portion of our day that we will relive the most. The photos were fabulous and looked like they came out of a magazine. We loved them and I had numerous people remarking how neat it was to see photos from that day at our reception. He is always willing to answer any questions, work with you and was so helpful. We loved having him be such a big part of our day. I would highly recommend Jeff to anyone getting married!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Rich · Married on 05/23/2014

Jeff was very knowledgable in his work and what he wanted for our pictures. Jeff was very professional, friendly and patient in guiding us to what type of picture he wanted to capture our special day. While looking back on our pictures we felt Jeff captured our special day perfectly and will enjoy looking back at our pictures for many years to come. So thanks again Jeff for making our special day perfect.

Rich Wurzbacher

Sent on 10/30/2014

Heidi · Married on 05/17/2014

Jeff Schaefer and his team are so professional and brings so many creative ideas to the table when it comes to engagement and wedding photos. We have absolutely amazing photos and he never got in the way at all during the day. He captured some of the most beautiful photos! I highly recommend everything about Jeff Schaefer.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Leah · Married on 05/10/2014

Jeff in one word = AMAZING! He was so helpful prior to the rehearsal/wedding with answering the billion questions I had and helping me stamp out a timeline. The day of, he was so thoughtful. That is one word that I didn't think I could associate with a photographer, but he was. He went out of his way to make sure that we were all smiles and provided pictures that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Completely worth every penny and if I had to do it all over again - I'd pick him again and again!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Sarah · Married on 02/07/2014

Jeff did a fantastic job capturing our wedding! There is a reason he is rated so highly and continuously receives awards each year as a top wedding photography - he is really GOOD! His assistant Morgan was great as well. Your wedding photographs are the only thing you get keep to remember the rest of your life - spend the money on the best photographer in Cincy, Jeff! Words of wisdom: Use the videographers Jeff recommends. It will make everyone's life a little easier.

Sent on 10/03/2014