Jeff Martin's Florist Reviews

22 | Dayton, OH

22 Reviews for Jeff Martin's Florist

Debra · Married on 07/24/2016

Jeff is very easy to work with. He is friendly, fun and extremely creative. I can in with pictures of what I wanted. He gave me input on what he thought would work and what wouldn't. He made suggestions on what he'd like to do. A week before the wedding he brought in flowers for me to chose from to use in my arrangement and bouquets. The outcome was more than I could have imagined. Even with one hand (hurt his hand a few weeks prior the our wedding) he managed to get them completed on time and looking amazing! If you are looking for a florist to do your event, I highly recommend Jeff Martin Florist.

Angela · Married on 06/27/2015

Jeff Martin is so creative and so talented!! He was wonderful to meet with. I brought in some pictures of centerpieces I liked and some general ideas I had. He added in his own ideas, suggestions, advice based on what I was showing him. It was perfect. This was one of the most fun parts of the 'wedding planning' process. He made it so easy too because I literally just showed some pictures of centerpieces I liked in general, flowers I liked, our colors etc.. and he took it from there!! He was great at understanding what we were going for, had so many considerations I hadn't thought of, and I trusted he would come up with something phenomenal. We had 3 different types of centerpieces at the reception, ones with willow branches and peacock feathers, ones with orchids in water with lights underneath, ones with dangling candles... they all looked incredible!! It was so fun to see and I loved the mix. Our bouquets were beautiful too and I loved the little sparkly details he added into the roses to make them really shine and how he tied in all our colors. The boy's boutonnieres were perfect too, I loved them! I would highly recommend Jeff Martin's florist!

Jeff and Patti are absolutely amazing to work with. We had our wedding at the Dayton Art Institute, and the flowers and decor looked stunning. We received so many compliments on them! The process of selecting flowers with Jeff is truly a collaboration. I provided Jeff with some of my initial ideas, and he was able to build off of that, add extra details, and create the most beautiful bouquets and centerpieces. Everything was completely unique and perfect for the theme/setting. I would highly recommend them!

Jeff is absolutely wonderful!!! My flowers turned out gorgeous and he definitely blew my expectations!! He is extremely reasonably priced and cares about you! He doesn't try to sell you things just because he does everything he can to make everything beautiful! I will definitely go back to him for any of my flower needs!

Everything turned out perfect! We loved all of the flowers and center pieces. Jeff is great!

Nicole · Married on 07/19/2014

I was a bride who had no specific idea of what I wanted in my flowers. I told him I wanted blue and yellow, and within 10 minutes he "threw together" what already looked like a beautiful arrangement as a sample for me. Jeff is incredibly easy to work with. I wanted simple but beautiful flowers, and there was no pressure for me to be more extravagant than I wanted to be. He is truly an artist, and I couldn't be more pleased with how beautiful every arrangement was on the day of the wedding!

Angela · Married on 07/19/2014

Jeff was so fun to work with! I loved all of the wedding arrangements and my bouquet was absolutely gorgeous! I received so many compliments and would definitely hire Jeff for my future floral needs.

lisha · Married on 06/21/2014

working with Jeff as our florist for my son and daughter in laws wedding was such a fun experience. Jeff is such a creative, knowledgeable and enthusiastic person. His ideas during the planning stage were perfect and the final product was gorgeous. The flowers were absolutely beautiful! The budget for our flowers was respected and what we received for our cost was more than expected. I would strongly recommend Jeff Martin Florist!

Jeff was wonderful to work with. He made my vision for my wedding come true with beautiful flowers. Communication for months before the wedding could not have been better and he personally delivered the flowers to my door the morning of. I would highly recommend him!

Erin · Married on 01/05/2013

Beautiful flowers and so so reasonably priced. He doesn't try and talk you into unnecessary flowers. He has been in the wedding business for soo long and has great advice. He's very familiar with venues all over the Dayton area. I trusted him completely. He even brought a back up pen for the guest book in case we forgot.. and we did:) What a guy. Thanks Jeff!

Michelle · Married on 07/01/2012

Beautiful! Jeff was so fun to work with. He did my sisters wedding 3 years ago and I loved the flowers then. He took my ideas and created them perfectly and helped me stay under budget.

Ange · Married on 06/23/2012

As the parent who paid for the wedding with a daughter living out of town during the planning phase, Jeff was extremely flexible meeting us according to her schedule. She had an idea of color and one flower... We went into our meeting giving him those thoughts. He showed us a few bouquets via the computer - which allowed him to see what she liked- then said let's play. He pulled real flowers from the back and began creating. What we got in return was imagination and beauty. Her whole wedding motto was " Simply Elegant". From the church, the wedding party's flowers, to the reception and the multiple table pieces - Jeff Martin did exactly what we wanted. I have absolutely no idea how he just knew! I only have sons left but I recommend Jeff Martin Florist anytime that I can.

Marla · Married on 05/05/2012

Jeff gave us beautiful arrangements and is very familiar with all the venues in the area, so he knows what will work in each location.

Abby · Married on 10/01/2011

Jeff Martin is such a creative genius, I absolutely adored our flowers! My bouquet was beyond expectations and all of the centerpieces and boutonnieres were spectacular. He was so much fun to work with and I was just so impressed with the quality for the price. Thank you Jeff and your team!

• W

Shannon · Married on 08/19/2011

I honestly couldn't be happier about any of my flowers. All I had to do was give him ideas of what flowers I wanted and the look, and he seemed to read my mind. He also found ways to help cut the costs by using petals from the flowers he was using as an aisle runner, so it didn't cost us anything. He also had lots of ideas to help me decide what I wanted for decoration. But nothing can compare to his eye for beauty and his way of making the bride feel at ease. If I could do it all over again, I'd continue to choose Jeff Martin.

Shana · Married on 10/02/2010

Jeff was wonderful! We called to make an appointment and he was very flexible in the meeting time. We were working on a limited budget but still wanted to create a fall theme/nature elegance. Jeff made recommendations. My mother had started designing table centerpieces to go with our theme of herbs. Bottom line...she ran out of time trying to complete the pots & Jeff completed them for us. He was able to find a vendor to provide fresh herbs in October to complete the look and theme. His prices were more than reasonable! Loved him!

Mary · Married on 08/07/2010

Jeff was wonderful to work with. My husband and I wanted something unique for our summer wedding and choose sunflowers as our theme. Jeff captured our vision for flowers for the ceremony and reception perfectly- he knew exactly the varieties of flowers to complement our unique choice of sunflowers. He set up the flowers at the service and reception himself and paid great attention to details. We wanted flowers to play a central role in our wedding theme and Jeff definitely delivered. Our flower arrangements were unique yet classic- numerous guests complimented the arrangements and loved the vibrant colors and quality of the bouquets and centerpieces. Jeff was easy to work with and took the time to meet with us on several occasions to discuss our vision for our wedding. We were so pleased with Jeff’s work and definitely recommend his services to those planning a wedding in the Dayton area.

Jeff did a great job working with us for our wedding. When we went in for a consultation, he provided a sample bouquet and even took the time to give recommendations for cake vendors. The flowers turned out beautiful at the ceremony and reception! My only complaint is that the flowers were delivered 30 minutes late to the church, but fortunately they were still delivered with plenty of time before the ceremony started. I would still definitely recommend Jeff!

I loved the bouquets that Jeff put together! The centerpieces were also really creative, and worked perfectly with our theme (aerospace).

Grace · Married on 08/24/2013

4.2
      3.5

I LOVED the flowers that Jeff made for our August wedding. Jeff was really fun to meet with for our consultations and helped me to really come up with my vision for what I wanted and come up with creative and unique ideas that wouldn't just be what everyone has. Even my photographers were really excited about how unique and colorful my bouquets were! Even the boys boutenires were unique and beautiful!!

Jeff knew the venue we were working at and has been doing weddings for a long time so he had a lot of good suggestions. He even did a sample bouquet a few months before the wedding and let me take it home which was nice to enjoy.

He also does a good job of helping you to work within your budget and cutting down on things. For example we used my bridesmaid bouquets as centerpieces so I didn't have to buy 8 more centerpieces. He just provided 8 more vases for free to use for those.

The only problem I had was two days before the wedding they got a little confused about what I wanted for the vases. I had a specific vision to go along with my wedding theme, and they got excited about a different idea and we had a little bit of miscommunication. However luckily it was just creative minds getting excited and we got it all worked out :)

2.2
      3.0
      1.0
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

Over charged. Never responds to emails. Hard to get ahold of.Flowers were pretty but overpriced

• soon2bMrsD

cherese · Married on 06/02/2009

1.4
      2.5
      0.5
      1.0
      2.5
      0.5

Jeff never responded to our phone calls. When we dropped into the shop his assistant would say he wasn't there even though his dog ran around the store. We gave him a finale table count that was one less than origionally planned and he refused to refund our money. On the day of the wedding I examined the centerpieces and there were MANY old flowers with brown edges, Elements in the head table centerpiece that I told him I absolutely did not want he put in anyways. The flower girls flower box had glue running down it and pieces falling off of it before she could walk down the aisle. The bridesmaids bouquets had bows on them that continually fell off. It looked as if he did a rush job on everything. CAN NOT RECOMMEND!

Sent on 06/08/2009

Jeff Martin's Florist's reply:

We wait until after the event to do any refunds, which in this case was a good thing because there were more tables than we were told, so we had to create additional centerpieces for the reception. In addition, the bride never returned any of the rental merchandise we loaned her (roughly $400). As for her claim of "old flowers", they most certainly were not - they were fresh and not brown or drippng with glue when they were delivered, and that is what our pictures clearly show. In addition, centerpieces were made based on the information in the bride's wedding planner, based on input from several meetings. Unfortunately, the bride never indicated any problems the day of her wedding, or at anytime after or we would have addressed the problem. Regarding the phone calls, the bride told us to speak only to her, not the groom, because it was "her wedding". It is worth noting that I work regularly with at least two other vendors this bride used. These vendors are typically 5 star rated and they received similar low ratings from this bride.