Jeff Ladd DJ Plus Reviews

148 | Wethersfield, CT

148 Reviews for Jeff Ladd DJ Plus

Holly · Married on 07/27/2013

Jeff Ladd made my daughters wedding so very special. With all his talent as a DJ and all the instruments he played to go along with the music, it almost felt like you were listening to a band. I would recommend Jeff for any type of a party. My daughter and her now husband met with Jeff several times to work on the selected music and Jeff was very helpful with great suggestions. As the Mother of the Bride I was so pleased to hear from so many of our guests on how impressed they were with Jeff's many talents. Many asked for his contact info and wanted to know how far he travels. My home is in Boston, so many of our guests were not from Connecticut and Jeff told me that he is very flexible. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Patty · Married on 07/19/2013

We were absolutely thrilled with Jeff's performance at our wedding reception July 19th. We are delighted to have received so many complements from family and friends, both young and old, telling us how much fun they had at our reception. Jeff is a true accomplished entertainer, DJ, and Master of Ceremony all in one. Jeff's exceptional knowledge, experience, skill, and attention to detail delivered a fun evening that everyone will remember for a very long time to come.

Patty & Len Schwarz

Sent on 08/13/2013

Heidi · Married on 07/13/2013

We just had Jeff be our DJ at our wedding last weekend! I cannot say enough about Jeff and his talent. He made the whole day incredibly special! Everyone loved his music and personal touch with the saxaphone! We met with him twice before the big day. We had some personal requests and dedications for loved ones that we wanted played at the reception. He went above and beyond to make those requests very personal and special. All of our guests were touched by his ability to put on an incredible venue. They are also saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to because the music made the day! We had a lot of children at our wedding and he made a point of catering to their needs as well. He is a great guy, down to earth, majorly talented, and knows how to have fun!! I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants guaranteed great music at their wedding!! Thanks Jeff:)

Sent on 07/18/2013

Natalie · Married on 07/12/2013

I would never look for another DJ after having him part of our Wedding. My husband and I have already suggested him to several people planning an event. He is very easy to work with and will be completely focused on what you are looking for but has been in the business long enough to get everyone up and dancing. He is also a very talented saxaphone player. It was a classy touch to have him preform during our cocktail hour and dinner. He is organized, easy going, knowledgable and professional. Several guests at our wedding were raving about the "DJ". Jeff Ladd will not let you down!!!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Donna · Married on 07/05/2013

We met with Jeff Ladd as a potential DJ for our July wedding. He invited us to come to his home and made us feel incredibly welcome. We got to see his wide assortment of instruments and hear some of his signature songs. The fact that he played the saxophone in addition to his DJ services was a huge plus! He worked with us to personalize our song list and make our wedding absolutely memorable! Several guests came up to me afterward and said how nice it was to have the live saxophone music interspersed with the songs. Jeff Ladd responded to all of my questions right away and even made recommendations for songs to play at certain points (such as the cake cutting). He accommodated our request for a microphone during the wedding ceremony and was absolutely professional in all aspects of his service. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their event.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Mary · Married on 06/07/2013

Wow! Jeff Ladd!! Wow!!! We never expected to have such a fantastic DJ for our wedding. He played every song we asked and more in an order that MADE THE SHOW! As if that was not enough, he also played both his saxophones beautifully. It was the most perfect dinner music ever!!!! We had quite a stuffy older crowd at our wedding reception but Jeff still had everyone on the dance floor. The place was hoppin'. We were in shock at how he was able to accommodate everyone's taste in music.

Believe me, I know how expensive weddings can be but you will get more bang for your buck with Jeff Ladd than you would with anyone else.

An awesome DJ and live music!!!! Who could ask for more!!!!

We love you Jeff -- thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Mary and Mike

Sent on 09/06/2013

Brian · Married on 05/25/2013

Very nice, professional and skilled his services are well worth their cost. Total 5 stars for this guy!!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/18/2013

Jeff Ladd was an amazing DJ! We could not have asked for a better DJ to work with for our wedding!! From the very beginning he was always very quick to get back to us and always made sure to follow up throughout the planning process to make sure we did not have any questions. He made sure that all of the details, from the music selection to the timeline of the reception was perfect. He went through every little detail along with all the special song selections needed for the reception from beginning to end. My husband and I never had to worry that something was going to be forgotten about because you knew that Jeff had everything covered. With all of the stresses and worries that you have while planning a wedding, it was nice to know that we didn't have to worry about the DJ details.

Not only did we get a ton of compliments about the music selection, people could not stop talking about how amazing a Saxophonist he is. It added such an elegant feel to the cocktail hour/Dinner and to a few of the slow songs that he played along with. Jeff takes such pride in his work and will do anything to make sure that you are happy.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Renee · Married on 02/23/2013

Jeff Ladd is by far the best DJ/musician I have every experienced at a wedding, and I am not just saying that because he played at our wedding! My Fiance and I have an extensive music history (My fiance has been in bands and has played music almost his whole life) and we were nothing less of completely amazed with Jeff Ladd. Not only does he DJ, but he also plays live baratone sax for your cocktail and dinner hour. Our guests were so impressed, and its the only wedding I have been to (out of 7) where all guests stayed until the very end- and we had a 7 hour reception! He absolutely added that "little something extra" that all brides are looking for to make their wedding memorable to their guests. Jeff meets with both of you to fully discuss exactly what you are thinking for your special day. He truely made our day so memorable, and I do not have 1 complaint! He is very professional, attentive to detail and truely knows how to keep the party going. I am so blessed that we used Jeff Ladd, DJ Plus and would absolutely recommend this vendor to any bride!

Sent on 03/07/2013

Katherine · Married on 02/08/2013

Jeff was our DJ at my daughter's Wedding on February 8, 2013-the day of the Blizzard, here in Connecticut, with over 3 feet of snow. We went forward with the wedding moving the time up a few hours. Jeff was extremely accomodating to the schedule. He worked hard to get everything set up and ready at the Aqua Turf. His saxophone playing was amazing. My guests were in awe of his talent. He kept the party going, following through with all our plans. He was perfect!
    You can count on Jeff to deliver! He is the absolute best. He's so easy to talk to and he listens to all input and makes great suggestions.
    I can't say enough great things about him. He is a true professional, a class act and an all around nice guy. You won't be disappointed with Jeff.
    the best decision you can make for a memorable event!

Sent on 02/11/2013

LOVE Jeff! He is great! Very professional, always responds to your phone calls or emails and he really knows what he's doing. Everyone at my wedding loved him. His Sax playing is great and really adds a classy touch.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Chrissy · Married on 11/09/2012

We had the privilege of having Jeff as our DJ at our wedding. We got so many compliments about him, his music and of course his playing of the saxophone during the cocktail hour and dinner. He was great to work with leading up to the wedding – very professional and accommodating to the both of us. We met with him about a month before and went over every detail of the night so when our big day came we didn’t have to worry about a thing!! Thank you Jeff!!!! – Chrissy & Chris Roche

Sent on 10/08/2013

We are beyond satisfied with having chosen Jeff Ladd DJ Plus for our wedding. From the moment we first met Jeff, we knew that he was a calming person, which became extremely helpful on such an stressful day. The first day we met Jeff, it was evident he had the experience, flexibility and the personal touch that we wanted to make our special day memorable. Any and all of our interactions with Jeff were nothing short of fantastic! Jeff was incredibly responsive to all of our questions and concerns along the way, even up until the last minute. Jeff was extremely professional on our big day!!!! Jeff was very willing to accommodate all of our special requests and deal with every one of our unusual requests/circumstances with great ease. Our guests were incredibly impressed with Jeff Ladd: his live music, awesome ability to keep the dance floor going for everyone at all times, and wonderful "guiding" of the party. We are incredibly pleased with the price for Jeff Ladd!!!! As far as we are concerned, there is no one comparable to Jeff Ladd DJ Plus. He really did go that extra mile for our wedding and we hope our paths cross again. Having been to two weddings since ours, we are well aware that the DJ can really make or break the reception. Having been to these other weddings only made us appreciate Jeff Ladd THAT MUCH MORE (and we knew we loved him before the other weddings!) Our reception hall has strict guidelines for noise due the area that it is in, but Jeff Ladd DJ Plus was never a concern for the management, and it was by no means a boring wedding! Jeff Ladd even went so far as to make us a CD with a few of the special songs for our wedding, which we have been enjoying ever since! We would easily give Jeff Ladd a 10 if we could! We will definitely be recommending Jeff Ladd DJ Plus to our friends!

Sent on 12/27/2012

5 stars for Jeff Ladd! We chose him after my sister used him for her wedding 4 years ago and he has gotten even better! Jeff works so hard to make sure that the bride and groom are happy. He has great ideas for music if you are stuck a particular song (i.e introductions) and will be as specific to your musical tastes as you want!

His soprano sax really adds a nice touch to the wedding. We used him for both the ceremony and reception. He plays the sax as the guests walk in and again during cocktail hour. He even brings it out for some songs during the reception, He is so nice and so easy to work with! Another couple is talking about booking him after seeing him at our wedding!

We Love Jeff Ladd!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Becky (. · Married on 06/23/2012

Jeff was awesome! We had a few requests of what not to play and he didn't play them! That's always a nice plus. Besides that, we let him run with it. His selection of music was perfect! Everyone had a great time and even people who don't dance got up on the dance floor!! (that includes the bride and groom, we hate dancing) He was a lot of fun, lots of energy and kept the partying going all night. We also had a lot of kids at our wedding and he managed to keep them entertained without turning the reception into a children's party. He really did a fantastic job! We would highly recommend Jeff to anyone looking for a fun, energetic, DJ who can accommodate anyone's taste!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Liz · Married on 12/30/2011

Jeff did an amazing job at our wedding! He played the saxophone during cocktail hour and some of dinner while sprinkling in great Dj'd music. My husband and I had an interesting mix of guest, some young and some old and we were not sure how people would feel about dancing. Jeff did an amazing job picking out all of the right songs and people I never thought would be dancing were out on the floor! He was very professional, had a great voice and played the songs at the appropriate volume for gusts to enjoy but not have to scream if they wanted to talk. Jeff did a wonderful job and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2011

Jeff was a fantastic DJ and the best vendor we worked with (although we worked with a number of good ones). He listened to what we wanted and provided EXACTLY the music selection we wanted. Having an excellent saxophonist provided the quality of live music, but we also had the selection provided by a DJ. I couldn't recommend him more highly to future brides -- please consider him for your wedding.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Laura · Married on 08/04/2011

Jeff is very professional and thorough. We met with him not sure of what we wanted for ceremony music. After talking for a few minutes, he played some sample ideas he had which ended up being the music we used for our big day! He knows exactly what you want and does it in a friendly and relaxing way. He is super low pressure, and took care of everything so that we didn't have to worry about a thing. It all turned out great and everyone says what a treat it was to have live music at the ceremony. It definitely adds a touch of class to a special occasion. He's great and I would give him a 6 if I could!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Vanessa · Married on 07/23/2011

Jeff Ladd is an amazing DJ and Saxophonist. He knew exactly what to play to keep the party going. Everyone had a blast and was dancing all night. He did a great job!

Sent on 08/15/2011

Cary · Married on 03/18/2011

The best vendor I worked with. HE IS AMAZING. I had to rate a "5" only because there was not "23".

Sent on 04/12/2011

Definitely the way to go, excellent combination of musician and DJ skills!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Matthew · Married on 09/02/2017

For our DJ choice, we wanted someone who would play certain songs we specifically requested, a good mix of classic 80s/90s/00s songs and very little modern rap and Jeff did not disappoint. Our guests were out there from the first song to the last and even chanted "one more song" to end the night. He went out of his way to check with us throughout the night on certain guest requests as well, showing he caters to what the couple want. He even provided a CD at the end of the night commemorating a lot of the key song choices of our evening.

For us as the couple getting married, the best part was Jeff adding his incredible saxophone skills to many songs during the cocktail and dinner portions of the evening. We had numerous guests comment on how nice of a touch it was and how great of a musician he is. It was a nice way to add something different from any other DJ you could hire.

Overall, we highly recommend Jeff as a great musician/DJ for your wedding in the CT area.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Lucy · Married on 11/15/2014

From our first phone conversation Jeff was wonderful. He was excited for my fiance and I for our upcoming wedding, he was very professional, and he wanted to create the atmosphere that we desired. He was able to draw in every guest at our wedding no matter their age, which is not like other DJ's. Jeff's saxophone playing added the perfect touch of class, romance, and elegance throughout the night.

Sent on 12/18/2014