Jeff Ladd DJ Plus Reviews

140 | Wethersfield, CT

140 Reviews for Jeff Ladd DJ Plus

Jeff Ladd DJ Plus 1
Jeff Ladd DJ Plus 2

Jeff was an exceptional DJ. We had such great comments on his sax playing. I would recommend him to anyone looking for something a little different that adds elegance to the event.

Sent on 11/21/2014
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 03/29/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Jeff for our wedding, and we are so glad we did! Every one of our guests were completely wowed by his great sax playing, and it really set an elegant tone to our wedding. We wanted to stay away from the 'Jersey Shore' type of DJ's, and Jeff is everything but. He knows all of the great oldies and all of our modern music too! From Sweet Caroline to #Selfie, he had the crowd going!! We would HIGHLY recommend Jeff Ladd to any couple who wants a great DJ who has it all!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Jeff was an amazing DJ! He made the best night of my life memorable for not only my husband and I but everyone who attended. He was so easy to work with and real "got us." We have a different type of music taste and he was able to incorporate our taste with songs that also keep the crowd entertained. Jeff is a wonderful saxaphonist and during the reception used both prerecorded songs and played over them. Jeff can play songs from the 60s to today, The microphones used worked very well during the ceremony and there was no intereference. We have multiple guests come up after the wedding and say what a great DJ he was. Evening during dinner he had them engaged. I would say he is a greater entertainer for all ages. And I have to say at first when I knew we couldn't afford a live band I was so upset. But after meeting with Jeff in his home in CT we knew immediatley he was the DJ for us. He cam highly recommended through a friend at work and I have no regrets. Also, he is extremely reasonable price wise and even stayed an hour later than anticipated for 100$ extra. I couldn't have asked for better entertainment.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Lisa · Married on 02/15/2014

Jeff's musical talent and accompaniment provide the best of both worlds with limitless choices of high definition recorded music and the energy/excitement of live music combined. He is so easy to work with, having lots of ideas, suggestions, and he helped us with the music for the various stages of our wedding and reception. In fact, he found our "first dance" song, and it was perfect for us.

Jeff has many years of experience and knows how to address any situation that could possibly arise. We had a couple of those and Jeff was cool as a cucumber, yet orchestrated flawlessly. He kept the festivities on track and flowing with his instinct for timing. He was impressively adaptable to changes to our bridal party at the last minute, which could have been disastrous had Jeff not handled them well.

He was a joy to work with, and everyone involved (photographer, wedding planner, officiant, caterers) in our wedding had nothing but compliments about him and his professionalism. He has so many beautiful touches and ideas for making every part of a ceremony and reception special.

Our guests, many of whom are EC Swing dancers, Ballroom dancers, and Competitive dancers, were WOWED by the show he put on and the totally danceable selections of music. Our parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., absolutely loved watching him perform and reveled in the romantic mood he created. One family member has already decided to hire Jeff for her birthday party this coming June.

I would give Jeff Ladd my highest recommendation as a DJ PLUS! He is a DJ and so much more. Check out his website to hear samples of his music. You will be blown away. He can adapt to any mood or theme and make your wedding a classy, enjoyable, memorable event people will talk about. His rate is more than affordable, particularly if you are looking for live music,

Sent on 02/18/2014

Luke · Married on 02/01/2014

If you have the opportunity to hire Jeff Ladd you are in for an amazing experience. He seriously brought the WOW factor to our wedding. Jeff is a highly talented musician, playing both the soprano and alto saxophone. Everyone at the event was in awe of the music he was able to produce with his instruments. Every guest complimented on how professional and talented Jeff is. Not only is he an instrumental genius, but he is also an accomplished DJ. He kept the mood light and fun for everyone. Jeff was extremely receptive to our needs and well wishes, playing music that we wanted to hear. He is also one of the nicest people to work with. Seriously if you get the chance, hire this man to perform and DJ your wedding, you will not regret it one bit.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Ashley · Married on 11/29/2013

I highly recommend Jeff to anyone reading in need of a truly exceptional DJ / musician. Jeff was incredibly receptive to our input and made sure to play a list of songs we requested, but his ability to read the crowd and adjust to what our guests found most engaging was what really impressed me. When you add his brilliant saxophone playing to the mix, you have a recipe for a night you will never forget. His saxophone playing was sublime and we received more complements on him than we could count. In fact, most of our guests made it a point to tell us how much they were enjoying Jeff when we were going from table to table during the reception. His saxophone playing drew applause a number of times throughout the evening.
    It seems like half of our friends have been married in the last year or two. Jeff’s services truly set our wedding apart from all the other weddings we’ve been to recently. My wife and I are eternally grateful to him. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 12/05/2013

We first saw Jeff at a cousins wedding last year and thought he was simply amazing. We booked Jeff for our own wedding in November and had a great experience. Jeff's is far more than a DJ, he is a musician and has the saxophone skills to prove it! We planned a wedding in CT while living out of state and Jeff made planning and organizing things with him a breeze. Look no farther than Jeff Ladd!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Carolyn · Married on 10/19/2013

Jeff Ladd is simply amazing!! I think a 5 star rating is way too low! He made our wedding reception a perfect. 10! I think it took us about 30 seconds after meeting Jeff to realize that no one else could even come close to providing that something special for our reception. He is an exquisite sax musician and an even better entertainer. Jeff's priority was making sure that our reception was what we wanted and we were beyond thrilled. Our wedding was two weeks ago and our guest are still commenting on how great Jeff was.
    If we have the need in the future for a DJ; Jeff Ladd is the only person I would contact- no question. !!!

Anne · Married on 10/12/2013

An absolute professional and talented musician. We had a wonderful outdoor wedding and the sax was a beautiful touch to the perfect backdrop! All of our guests are still raving about Jeff!!!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Samantha · Married on 10/11/2013

Jeff was awesome! He truly made our special day more special. Throughout the ceremony and reception guests were commenting on how good Jeff was and were amazed when he would pick his saxophone up and play along with the music. There really is no better DJ out there!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Jack & Jayne · Married on 10/06/2013

It was astonishing on how much time and effort Jeff took in helping us plan our wedding. Every song was perfect, meaningful and his attention to detail amazed us! He is not only a DJ, an accomplished musician, understands the fundamentals of music and brings his years of knowledge to make the event dynamic. The feedback from our guest stated how entertaining and how engaging Jeff made the wedding! He is spot on!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Guy · Married on 09/28/2013

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff at a friend's wedding two years ago. Everyone was so impressed! So when my daughter and fiance were looking for a DJ, immediately Jeff came to mind! They met with him and were very impressed. Finally, we are at Block Island for the BIG day!! Jeff proved his DJ and musical abilities. He received so many complements throughout the reception. His playing of the saxophone added that special touch!! I assure you that you will not be disappointed. Jeff is just an awesome guy!! Jeff we wish to thank you for making Kara and Tyler's day extra special and sincerely hope that we do cross paths again!!!

Guy and Cathy Monteforte

Sent on 10/22/2013

Christine · Married on 09/27/2013

Jeff was extremely professional and accomodating to our needs. He was a pleasure to have DJ'ing at your wedding and we received positive comments from our guests regarding the music. The live music that Jeff, personally, played with instruments was a very beautiful and elegant touch.

We would 100% refer Jeff to our friends and to anybody reading this review.

Thanks Jeff!!!

Sean & Chrissy

Susie · Married on 09/07/2013

Jeff's attention to detail and professionalism is beyond 5 stars. Our wedding and reception was held on the grounds of my family home. Our large tent wedding required a high level of service from a DJ in that, we needed music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception...each held in a different area. Jeff's movement to each area was not only seamless, but it was also incredibly helpful for the overall flow of the event. His communication with our day of coordinator was spot on in making sure the timeline was followed. That is a huge challenge for any event and Jeff ability to do what is necessary on the fly is superb. The special touch that his sax playing gave to the pre-ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner is something that our guests will be talking about for a long time. Everyone was beyond impressed. It really does bring the best of both worlds for those who are struggling to decide between live music and a dj. And as far as his DJing skills...lets put it this way...by the time my husband and I made it to the second half of the tent when we were going table by table, there was no one there. They were all on the dance floor. The floor was full from the time the first song played after dinner to the end of the evening. I've never seen anything like it. Our only regret is that we didn't get a bigger dance floor. The planning process with Jeff was a piece of cake. He covered every detail and he incorporated it all into our event. Other than the specific songs we wanted, we let him read the crowd and choose the music. As you can surmise from my previous statement about the dance floor, he did just that. I hope this review leaves any bride-and-groom to-be without any doubt as to who to hire as their wedding DJ and entertainer. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Stacie · Married on 08/31/2013

I HIGHLY recommend Jeff! He was an amazing part of our wedding. From the moment we met with him, I knew he would be perfect. He was very familiar with our venue. He took care of everything from our ceremony to our last dance. He had great suggestions about which music should be played as we all walked down the aisle. He even played a little surprise for our first kiss. Our cocktail our was amazing...his saxophone playing is unreal. All of our guests are still talking about it. The music that was played throughout our reception was awesome. It was a great mix and everyone was up on the dance floor. He incorporated our suggestions and really spent the time making our music exactly what we wanted. I also have to say he went above and beyond for me. I asked him to make a remix to be played in the middle of my father daughter dance for my dad and I to get down to...once again...he did an amazing job! If you want a DJ/ Musician who really takes the time to work with you and is amazing at what he does...Jeff is the guy for you!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Greg · Married on 08/23/2013

Jeff Ladd is an absolute master of his craft, both with his DJ abilities and musical talents. Jeff took the time to meet with us, get to know our tastes, and he calibrated perfectly to our wedding reception. Some DJ's do this type of work on the side, but Jeff does this full time and it clearly shows. How many other DJ's can provide live entertainment playing the sax and DJ for the event? Very few come close to this kind of value. Many guests commented on how talented he was and asked us for his information. Without hesitation, I would recommend him to anyone for any event. Not only is he talented, but Jeff is just a kind, genuine person who wants nothing more than to make your event memorable and fun. Thank you Jeff!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Keith · Married on 08/10/2013

Jeff was incredibly polite and attentive through our whole wedding planning process. He has a ton of experience and was very proactive in making sure all the music details were covered to take the stress off of me and my wife. Jeff is also a great saxophone player which adds a really nice touch to the cocktail hour and dinner service. I would suggest Jeff's service to anyone, he was a crucial part of our wedding and helped the entire day go perfectly!

Holly · Married on 07/27/2013

Jeff Ladd made my daughters wedding so very special. With all his talent as a DJ and all the instruments he played to go along with the music, it almost felt like you were listening to a band. I would recommend Jeff for any type of a party. My daughter and her now husband met with Jeff several times to work on the selected music and Jeff was very helpful with great suggestions. As the Mother of the Bride I was so pleased to hear from so many of our guests on how impressed they were with Jeff's many talents. Many asked for his contact info and wanted to know how far he travels. My home is in Boston, so many of our guests were not from Connecticut and Jeff told me that he is very flexible. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Patty · Married on 07/19/2013

We were absolutely thrilled with Jeff's performance at our wedding reception July 19th. We are delighted to have received so many complements from family and friends, both young and old, telling us how much fun they had at our reception. Jeff is a true accomplished entertainer, DJ, and Master of Ceremony all in one. Jeff's exceptional knowledge, experience, skill, and attention to detail delivered a fun evening that everyone will remember for a very long time to come.

Patty & Len Schwarz

Sent on 08/13/2013

Heidi · Married on 07/13/2013

We just had Jeff be our DJ at our wedding last weekend! I cannot say enough about Jeff and his talent. He made the whole day incredibly special! Everyone loved his music and personal touch with the saxaphone! We met with him twice before the big day. We had some personal requests and dedications for loved ones that we wanted played at the reception. He went above and beyond to make those requests very personal and special. All of our guests were touched by his ability to put on an incredible venue. They are also saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to because the music made the day! We had a lot of children at our wedding and he made a point of catering to their needs as well. He is a great guy, down to earth, majorly talented, and knows how to have fun!! I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants guaranteed great music at their wedding!! Thanks Jeff:)

Sent on 07/18/2013

Natalie · Married on 07/12/2013

I would never look for another DJ after having him part of our Wedding. My husband and I have already suggested him to several people planning an event. He is very easy to work with and will be completely focused on what you are looking for but has been in the business long enough to get everyone up and dancing. He is also a very talented saxaphone player. It was a classy touch to have him preform during our cocktail hour and dinner. He is organized, easy going, knowledgable and professional. Several guests at our wedding were raving about the "DJ". Jeff Ladd will not let you down!!!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Donna · Married on 07/05/2013

We met with Jeff Ladd as a potential DJ for our July wedding. He invited us to come to his home and made us feel incredibly welcome. We got to see his wide assortment of instruments and hear some of his signature songs. The fact that he played the saxophone in addition to his DJ services was a huge plus! He worked with us to personalize our song list and make our wedding absolutely memorable! Several guests came up to me afterward and said how nice it was to have the live saxophone music interspersed with the songs. Jeff Ladd responded to all of my questions right away and even made recommendations for songs to play at certain points (such as the cake cutting). He accommodated our request for a microphone during the wedding ceremony and was absolutely professional in all aspects of his service. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their event.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Mary · Married on 06/07/2013

Wow! Jeff Ladd!! Wow!!! We never expected to have such a fantastic DJ for our wedding. He played every song we asked and more in an order that MADE THE SHOW! As if that was not enough, he also played both his saxophones beautifully. It was the most perfect dinner music ever!!!! We had quite a stuffy older crowd at our wedding reception but Jeff still had everyone on the dance floor. The place was hoppin'. We were in shock at how he was able to accommodate everyone's taste in music.

Believe me, I know how expensive weddings can be but you will get more bang for your buck with Jeff Ladd than you would with anyone else.

An awesome DJ and live music!!!! Who could ask for more!!!!

We love you Jeff -- thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Mary and Mike

Sent on 09/06/2013

Brian · Married on 05/25/2013

Very nice, professional and skilled his services are well worth their cost. Total 5 stars for this guy!!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/18/2013

Jeff Ladd was an amazing DJ! We could not have asked for a better DJ to work with for our wedding!! From the very beginning he was always very quick to get back to us and always made sure to follow up throughout the planning process to make sure we did not have any questions. He made sure that all of the details, from the music selection to the timeline of the reception was perfect. He went through every little detail along with all the special song selections needed for the reception from beginning to end. My husband and I never had to worry that something was going to be forgotten about because you knew that Jeff had everything covered. With all of the stresses and worries that you have while planning a wedding, it was nice to know that we didn't have to worry about the DJ details.

Not only did we get a ton of compliments about the music selection, people could not stop talking about how amazing a Saxophonist he is. It added such an elegant feel to the cocktail hour/Dinner and to a few of the slow songs that he played along with. Jeff takes such pride in his work and will do anything to make sure that you are happy.

Sent on 05/24/2013