Jeff & Jane Greenough, Photographers Reviews

44 | Crozet, VA

44 Reviews for Jeff & Jane Greenough, Photographers

Sarah · Married on 08/22/2015

Booking Jeff and Jane was the best decision we made as part of our wedding! The pictures are absolutely breathtaking and both Jeff and Jane were so nice and so professional. I was very focused on having pictures of both myself and my husband when we saw each other for the first time and while Jeff cautioned that you can't guarantee a shot like that, because who knows what wedding guest may step into the shot, in the end they perfectly captured the moment! All of the ceremony pictures are breathtaking and more than I ever could have hoped for.

Jeff's easy going demeanor was so calming on the day of our wedding. Nothing was an issue or a big to-do. He captured great portraits of our families quickly and efficiently without a feeling of being rushed and was more than happy to go with us to an overlook point off the Blue Ridge Parkway nearby. Jane went above and beyond and captured photos of the cocktail hour, even though we had only booked her to help with the ceremony. It was so generous and such a fun surprise to see some of those moments. We also got great candid photos of our family and friends throughout the reception.

Overall, every moment we wanted captured was done with care and beauty and we could not be more pleased with the results. I'm so happy we trusted Jeff and Jane to take the photos we'll use to relive and remember our wonderful and magical day.

Sent on 10/15/2015
  • Caskie

Caskie · Married on 07/11/2015

Jeff and Jane were beyond amazing and so wonderful to work with. Before the wedding they were always available to talk with and work out details. They were great at answering questions and helping to ease my anxieties. The day of the wedding they were always there in the background to capture every shot, but we never noticed them. I loved that they could understand the picture that I wanted and make sure that the shot worked and was perfect. When we got the pictures it was like reliving our wedding day, I cant wait to get the pictures to frame and place around our home. Every moment was captured perfectly!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Cee · Married on 05/09/2015

Jeff and Jane are the BEST in every area! I cannot recommend them highly enough....plus they are fun and great to have around. Every part of our wedding experience with them was spectacular. We LOVE the photos they captured. Everyone should be so lucky to have them!

Sent on 05/23/2015

Kirsten · Married on 10/11/2014

We could not be happier with the Greenoughs!! We hired Jeff and Jane to do our wedding photography after talking with a few that had been recommended to us. Since we were planning our Charlottesville, VA wedding from DC, most of these conversations were over the phone. We met with Jeff and Jane via Skype and immediately connected with them - they were personable, warm, friendly, but also very professional. We were so glad to have done our engagement pictures with them as well - it gave us a chance to get comfortable with Jeff and being in front of the camera, something that doesn't come naturally to either my husband or me. He even traveled to DC from Blacksburg! When we got the pictures back soon after the shoot, we were both even more excited to see how the wedding pictures would turn out. The day of the wedding, Jeff and Jane showed up exactly when they said they would and got right to work. They both have such friendly personalities, so our friends and family were immediately at ease with them. We just received our proofs a few days ago (just three weeks after the wedding!), and they were even more beautiful than we could have imagined! Jeff and Jane did an amazing job of capturing the feel of the day. We HIGHLY recommend Jeff and Jane Greenough for any couples planning a Virginia wedding!

Sent on 11/06/2014
  • Valerie Gushue

Valerie · Married on 09/07/2014

We were fortunate enough to have Jeff and Jane photograph our wedding and we could not be happier. Jeff actually did our engagement pictures in Blacksburg as well and from the moment we met him we felt very comfortable in front of the camera. During the wedding they were able to capture beautiful pictures and worked diligently to stay on our schedule. They are very professional, courteous, responsive, caring and punctual. Our pictures were back to us within a few weeks of our wedding and we were thrilled to receive them so quickly. We look forward to seeing the blog and sending in our choices for the photo book. We would HIGHLY recommend the husband and wife team of Jeff and Jane. Look no further!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Audrey · Married on 06/21/2014

Jeff and Jane were great to work with. Jeff offered guidance for all of our photos, which was helpful for my husband and me. He truly has an artistic eye and brought some creativity to the shots and scenery. We had a very large wedding party plus have large families, and Jeff and Jane had the kind of even temperament and steady demeanor that I so appreciated on a very hectic day with so much going on. Thanks for Jeff and Jane our wedding photos are great keepsakes. Kudos to them!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Josh · Married on 05/31/2014

Jeff and Jane just photographed our wedding, and they were fantastic. Most important, our pictures look gorgeous, but they also handled our families very well, were creative in the picture set ups, comfortable to work with, flexible in scheduling and travel for the engagement shoot, and prompt with the delivery of our photos. We couldn't have asked for more and would definitely recommend to other couples for their wedding. Thanks Jeff & Jane!

Sent on 06/26/2014

We had Jeff and Jane take our wedding photos in Bethesda, MD. They did a great job. A couple comments/tips-
    - I suggest going with both Jeff and Jane. I was on the fence because of $ considerations. There are times when it helps to have them taking photos in different locations.
    - Someone made the great tip to me that I should see whether the photographer posts evening shots. It's easy to get a lovely photo in the sun- much trickier to do photos indoors and in the evening. Jeff was able to work well with light (or lack thereof). Great shots of the dance floor!
    - I wish I had asked for a photo of each of the tables. Make sure you think through group shots otherwise the night flies by and you neglect to get the photos.

Can't go wrong with Jeff and Jane!
    Carrie

Sent on 11/18/2014

Katie · Married on 04/12/2014

We highly recommend the Greenoughs, and we can't say enough great things about Jane and Jeff! They are so wonderful to work with and are so talented at capturing all of the most wonderful, joyous moments of weddings. We were lucky enough to attend several of our friends' weddings that were shot by Jane and Jeff prior to having them photograph our own wedding day. We knew they were a prefect choice for us because our memories of those events and what they captured in pictures were so aligned. We loved working with Jane and Jeff and are so pleased to have had them. Thank you, Jane and Jeff!!!!

Sent on 05/05/2014
  • MrsPurcell2B

Francesca · Married on 04/05/2014

I am sure there might be other photographers who get a 5 out of 5 on their reviews - I only wish I could rate Jeff and Jane Greenough a 10 out of 5 to bump them higher! I know with absolutely certainty that hiring such thoughtful, artistic and creative photographers was the best decision of my wedding. We will look back on these photos for decades with joy and pride. They. are. stunning. I literally can not wait to get the album - this is what wedding photography is supposed to look like!

From the start, Jeff and Jane made our wedding and engagement process feel so special. I had worked with them for many years at a resort in West Virginia so I know they were 100% professional, but they truly made my husband and I feel like their only clients. They get to know YOU. From the fun engagement shoot (and flexible time, suggested locations, etc.) in a beautiful vineyard to the charming packaging of their images, you know long before the wedding day that their attention to detail and love of their art mean you are in GOOD hands.

In addition to being responsive via phone and email, they are so thorough when asking questions before the wedding day about your needs, wants and wishes. They really know how to make you feel at ease and Jane is a master the day-of at making things just "click" - I am sure we would not have been able to stick to our schedule without them being such a fabulous team!

The pictures turned out so beautifully and I can not tell you how many of our friends and family have been oohing and aahing over them on Facebook. I am so very thankful for Jeff and Jane - we will forever be grateful they were part of our first day of married life!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Greg & Emma · Married on 09/12/2013

Jeff & Jane were absolutely incredible from start to finish!! My husband and I were beyond pleased with their services! We could go on and on! They took the time to get to know us, our vision, our likes, and dislikes. We had only one photographer, Jeff, since our wedding was small. Jane was also there the whole way through with organizing, planning, and more! We had an engagement session held locally in the mountains, a beach wedding in NC, and a final session on a farm- all different sceneries and Jeff photographed them all with amazing artistry and knowledge. We have absolutely no complaints! We truly felt he captured “us.”
    Jeff & Jane differentiate themselves with not only the large details, but also the smallest of details. They offer so much more than just taking the picture; guest books, heirloom albums, printing of photos, creativity, skill, and much more.
    The turn-around time in receiving our photos was quick without lacking any quality.
    All the guests at our wedding ranted and raved about our guest book and how great Jeff was. He put everyone at ease, so much that the moments he captured were spectacular.
    I had many questions throughout my experience and they were both very patient and informative when giving me an answer/advice.
    Jeff & Jane became our friends through our experience and there is absolutely no doubt that we will continue to use their services in the future and recommend their services to others!!
    They were a blessing!!

Sent on 10/24/2013

jessica · Married on 07/07/2013

Looking back, I can say with certainty having Jeff and Jane be apart of my husband and I's special day was one of the best choices we could have possibly made. From the beginning Jeff and Jane Greenough made the entire process so special! Their creativity and kindness meant more to my husband and I then can possibly be expressed. Their communication before and during the wedding was impeccable, as my phone calls and emails were all responded to so very quickly. Jeff and Jane took the time in getting to know Dan and myself before the wedding, and as a result on our wedding day we felt so comfortable and at ease. The picture turned out so beautifully and the positive feedback from family and friends has been endless! When our pictures arrived I was so thankful to see all the beautiful moments caught on camera that I missed and that I would always want to remember!

I am so very thankful for Jeff and Jane, because of them my husband and I will forever have documented the day we started our life together! I would and have recommended them to all my friends and family. Thank you Jeff and Jane, your presence at our wedding is un-forgetable, and we will forever be grateful!

Sent on 10/14/2013

C · Married on 07/06/2013

Jeff and Jane Greenough are wonderful photographers! After seeing their wedding photography, we knew they would do a great job. Jeff did our engagement shoot and we had a fun time getting to know him- he made us feel very comfortable about having so many pictures taken (which is good practice for the wedding day) and the pictures were great! Pre-wedding they made sure they knew what we wanted and helped us to capture so many different aspects of our wedding day. They were very respectful to our family, bridal party and us and kept us smiling and laughing. And during the ceremony they took some great photos without being intrusive like we’ve seen with some other wedding photographers. The turn around time on our wedding gallery was incredibly quick turn around and it’s nice that they create a blog with highlights of the wedding so we could share them with our friends and family. We would definitely recommend them to anyone. Thank you Jeff & Jane!!!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Jess · Married on 06/29/2013

Jeff and Jane Greenough were absolutely amazing throughout our entire planning process, and the final product was truly incredible. From the very beginning, both Jane and Jeff were extremely collaborative and responsive. It was clear that their main priority was ensuring they understood exactly what we wanted and they more than achieved that on the big day. The turn around time on our wedding gallery was amazing - we received the link just three days later! We could not have been happier with our decision to use this amazing couple to capture our wedding day and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. Thank you Jeff & Jane!!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Shanna · Married on 06/01/2013

Jeff and Jane are an absolute pleasure to work with. They are both very professional, yet very fun at the same time. Jane was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns and Jeff made both the engagement session and wedding such fun experiences. It also goes without saying that Jeff's photos are absolutely beautiful. I would 100% recommend Jeff and Jane to anyone and would happily book with them again.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Joanna · Married on 05/26/2013

Jeff and Jane Greenough are amazing photographers and they did a great job photographing our wedding! They are both kind, professional, and fun to work with. We had many comments from our family and friends about how great they were at our wedding. They are very good at coming up with ideas for unique shots and our photos came out beautifully. I couldn't be happier with them! They also got them back to us very quickly after the wedding. I would highly recommend Jeff and Jane to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Jenna · Married on 05/04/2013

Jeff and Jane photographed our wedding at Keswick Vineyards. They captured the fun, the love, and the essence of our families, and truly created magic through their lenses.

For the quality of photos, you can't get better. Jeff is a master of light, but is also very intuitive with people. He knows when and where that special moment, that smile, that eye twinkle are going to happen, and he ends up making everyone look their best and happiest.

More importantly for us was personality. We hired both Jeff and his wife, Jane, and I can't sing their praises enough. It was more like having friends photograph us than a hired team. They are easy to talk to and put the wedding party and guests alike at ease. They listened to us when we described what we wanted, and were always happy to please, but also gave good advice and structured our time to make sure we got the best photos. They move easily through a crowd and never looked rushed. But somehow they never missed a second. They are the kind of photographers that are everywhere but invisible at the same time. True professionals.

Also, important to note, their communications with us before and after the wedding set the gold standard for customer service. Always on time for any meetings or conference calls (we live in California, and Skype interviewed and consulted with them for our VA wedding), and always responded promptly to any questions, by call or email. Their client portal for their website was easy to navigate, and they were so thorough in how they designed their client experience- they pay attention to details like when they sent our digital files from the engagement shoot and the wedding, it was packaged beautifully in a branded box, and tied with a gorgeous bow, and the USB key was personalized. Not only that, we had the final images 2 weeks after our wedding!!!! That's some amazingly quick work, but they never compromised any of the details.

If I could give, 10 stars I would. Wonderful team!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Jeff & Jane Greenough, Photographers's reply:

Aw..., we love you guys!!

Jeff and Jane were fantastic and made the day very easy in terms of capturing our photos. They worked well with our entire wedding party and caught posed plus candid photos. the response from them was quick from the start, which was a major reason we chose them for our wedding. also, if your wedding is at the Greenbrier resort, they know the place inside and out. You definitely want them to photograph a wedding there - pictures were great and in many places I wouldn't have thought of for photos. Plus, they managed to take great photos of my husband, who tends to close his eyes on every photo!

Sent on 08/05/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/22/2012

You can't ask for better wedding photographers. You definitely want Jeff and Jane for your special day. They are super friendly, fun to work with, hard workers, and above all, produce an amazing product. I'm so thankful to have such beautiful keepsakes of our engagement and wedding. Thanks again to Jeff and Jane :)

Sent on 11/21/2012

Susan · Married on 08/25/2012

Amazing wedding photography team! Absolutely loved our wedding pictures! Neither my husband nor I are very photogenic or great in front of a camera so honestly I was a little nervous about our wedding photos. We didn't have an engagement session but filled out a questionnaire and briefly talked with Jane and Jeff before our wedding day to go over what we were looking for in our wedding and the photos. Jane and Jeff captured everything we were looking for in our wedding day photos and more! They did everything to put us at ease on our big day. It was so nice to have both Jane and Jeff - they are a great team and I would recommend them to anyone. We love being able to look through our wedding day photos and relive our special day with our friends and families each time!

Sent on 01/01/2013

Mary Hunter · Married on 07/21/2012

Looking back on it now, I can smile and say that having my photographer cancel on me three months before my wedding was the best thing that could have happened because that's how I was set up with Jeff and Jane! My wedding planner was helpful in giving me Jeff and Jane's number as soon as I received the news that I needed to book a new photographer. Within a week, I had a face to face meeting with Jeff to go over everything and make an informed decision. He was wonderful. No pressure at all, just very helpful and informative. His wife Jane is the sweetest person, and was so warm and friendly through the whole process. I would HIGHLY recommend choosing Jeff and Jane as your wedding photographers. The quality of work is superior, and their customer service is unmatched! Many thanks to Jeff and Jane for helping to capture the memories of my most wonderful day!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Miriam · Married on 06/30/2012

I wanted to remember every detail from our wedding because I knew the day would end before I could savor everything. Jeff did an incredible job of capturing every moment--getting ready, our first look, the details at the church and reception, the emotions and happiness of our guests as well as intimate shots of us when the afternoon light was just perfect. As a photographer myself, I had very high expectations and Jeff exceeded them. Jeff made my husband and I feel so comfortable and natural in front of the camera. We were thrilled when we saw our blog post and couldn't wait to see the images. We were blown away at the quality and creativity of his work. The images were stunning--he captured so many priceless moments, including the shot where my nephews presented a frog to me from the pond! We have gotten so many compliments from our friends and family. Jeff Greenough is professional, exceptionally talented, and a pleasure to work with. It was so easy working with his wife, Jane, via email, for our style and vision. We are so happy that we booked Jeff and Jane--it was the best decision! We are thankful for our beautiful pictures to remember every detail of our wedding.

Sent on 11/23/2012

We just received our wedding pictures, and they are AMAZING! Jeff and Jane (they work as a team, but the cost of adding Jane is not so high - great to have the extra pictures, and she is wonderful as well) did a fabulous job on our wedding. We were in Europe when we began our vendor search, and Jeff and Jane had a long skype chat with us discussing their style, our vision, and getting to know each other. From the first meeting, we were sold! Jane handles all of the coordination, and is super sweet and professional. Jeff is a true visionary, and really knows how to take wondeful photos - plus he is a lot of fun! He always managed to see a shot we couldn't, and is amazing at capturing the light. We got just what wanted - some beautiful artsy shots of the venue and details, but also the classics of our family, bridesmaids, etc. And the portraits... they captured all the emotion and happiness. Awesome. They made us feel entirely comfortable and like they were on our "team" the day of the wedding. I'll note that it was very helpful to do our engagement shots with Jeff as well, because we got his "style" and were able to get to know him a bit better.

Our wedding was in DC and they trekked here (and stayed the night) for our wedding. Jeff and Jane are also great value for money - they were significantly cheaper than a lot of the comparable people we looked at. They also get you your photos quickly - they completed a blog post of our top shots within 2 weeks, and had all the photos to us within 3 weeks. Jeff also made us a very cool iPad application of our best shots at no additional cost.

We highly recommend Jeff and Jane. They (and our photos) were everything we hoped for and more!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Claudia · Married on 06/02/2012

Jeff and Jane were excellent and professional throughout our entire contract relationship for the wedding and my bridal portrait session. The quality of his pictures were outstanding, and Jeff worked so hard to achieve everything that I desired from the pictures. His ability to capture" the moment" in photography was remarkable, true talent! I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Laura · Married on 05/31/2012

Jeff's photos are amazing and I was very pleased to receive them just one week after the wedding! I highly recommend Jeff and Jane to other brides. Jeff did a great job putting the groom and I at ease in front of the camera, and now we have perfect photos to remember our day. Thanks again Jeff and Jane!

Sent on 06/21/2012