Jeff Hunter Mobile DJ Service Reviews

34 | Canal Winchester, OH

34 Reviews for Jeff Hunter Mobile DJ Service

• Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 07/01/2017

Jeff did an amazing job as DJ at our wedding. He did everything perfectly, and there were no surprises on the wedding day. He communicated with us before and during the wedding/ceremony, making sure we were happy with everything and letting us know what we were to do next. He worked well with the rest of the vendors as well, which is great. Jeff always answered my questions in a timely manner. I was very happy with our DJ service for our wedding ceremony and reception!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/29/2016

I highly recommend!!! Jeff was extremely easy to work with. He did an amazing job at keeping the flow of the evening going, and he perfectly followed all of my music requests. If you want a stress free evening and a great party, DJ Jeff Hunter is your answer!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Anne · Married on 10/22/2016

When we met with Jeff we were in our most stressful stage of wedding planning. We wondering how all our separate vendors were going to come together without personally directing the whole day. Jeff helped put our minds at ease when he talked about coordinating with the venue, our caterer, and our photographer to make sure our day would go off without a hitch. Jeff’s experience and responsiveness will put any anxious bride and groom at ease!

We filled out Jeff’s survey determining which songs were a must, which ones we liked, and which ones we didn’t want to be played. That survey helped us to create the kind of night we wanted. We got to dance to all the songs we were looking forward to and Jeff filled the others based off our taste and requests from our guests. I was worried about getting people out on the dance floor but our guests were dancing the whole night and so were we! Jeff also facilitated a “Longest Married Couple” dance which was a big hit with everyone!

The moment we were most impressed with Jeff was when he announced that were cutting the cake. As soon as he announced it I realized that the knife was missing from the cake table - the caterer forgot to lay it out. I ran by him and whispered that we still needed a knife and he immediately went into stalling mode and kept our guest’s attention while I scrambled to find the knife!

Jeff went completely beyond my expectations and helped make our wedding into the fun, charming evening that I so hoped it would be and I could not recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/24/2016

amazing amazing AMAZING! We had a very unconventional timeline for Jeff to follow for our wedding and 1. he followed it with no questions and 2. he absolutely killed it! We've had so many people comment on how fun our reception was and the dance floor was full the whole time. He played all of the songs we asked, was attentive to me and my husbands' requests and was overall a hit with our guests. I couldn't have imagined it going any better than it did! THANK YOU JEFF!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Derek · Married on 08/20/2016

My wife and I spent a lot of time looking for a DJ for our Wedding in August. Countless emails that went unresponded to, and phone calls that went unreturned, until we found Jeff Hunter. From the start, Jeff was a pleasure to work with, and we could tell by his professionalism and his prompt responses that he was the right fit to help make our wedding stress-free and as perfect as possible.

Jeff's style and music selection was exactly what we were looking for. He gave us a questionnaire to get a sense of the music we wanted to have played at our reception. He did not only play the music from our list, but did an amazing job using the songs we provided to create an unbelievable playlist, including songs we hadn't even thought of! The dance floor was always full, and it was very clear everyone had a great time! Would highly recommend Jeff, not only for his DJ abilities, he also did an exceptional job MC'ing the entire evening, managing the flow of the evening and working directly with the coordinator to make necessary announcements. Jeff was great, we cannot say enough good things about him!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Courtney · Married on 07/01/2016

Wonderful DJ! All our guests and the wedding party thought Jeff and Brian were awesome!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Karlie · Married on 06/18/2016

Jeff did an amazing job at my wedding! He made sure the ceremony & the ceremony music went smoothly. Jeff kept the reception flowing and even double checked with the bride & groom before moving onto an event. He made sure the night went in the order exactly like we planned. From introductions to the first dance, he kept everything going and kept the night flowing. Once the music started playing, Jeff played the perfect music for a good time! He got everybody on the dance floor and kept them there all night! He knew the perfect songs to play and when to play them. Jeff made sure everybody was having fun by keeping the music going. I would highly recommend Jeff!!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/02/2016

Jeff was absolutely amazing at our wedding. He is very easy to reach and very friendly and professional. He gave us great advice, and was able to easily accommodate my odd song choice requests.
    During our ceremony, he constantly checked on us to see if we needed anything and to keep us updated on what was coming up next. He arrived early to deal with a weird setup at the venue and everything went off without a hitch. Not only would I hire him for another event, I would probably just invite him over to spin some tunes on a random Friday while we are making dinner, because we liked him that much.

Sent on 04/12/2016

Luisa · Married on 09/26/2015

Jeff Hunter DJ is awesome! He was very quick to respond to emails or phone calls. He was very professional and listened to everything my husband and I wanted at our wedding. He led the reception very smoothly. He watched the crowd and knew when to change things up. He didn't steal the show, but he definitely helped us lead our show! My husband, our guests and myself were all very satisfied and very pleased with Jeff Hunter as our DJ. We would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Tiffany · Married on 08/08/2015

I would absolutely recommend Jeff to anyone looking for a DJ. He was prompt to respond, very professional and of course the music was awesome! He was involved in the crowd out on the floor which was a big plus in my opinion. We had so much fun as well as our guests, thank you Jeff for being the perfect DJ on our big day!

-Andy and Tiffany Dotson

Sent on 08/13/2015

Lynn · Married on 08/07/2015

We had a blast at our wedding reception with Jeff Hunter as our DJ!

I was impressed with Jeff's professionalism and knowledge. I felt that we could leave everything to him once we submitted our wedding questionnaire!

For our wedding reception, one of our main goals was that everyone would have a great, fun time, and that people would dance - that's exactly what happened. Jeff and Brian made the reception fun and events flowed so smoothly. The lighting and sound equipment they brought seemed great; the lights really created a nice ambience. Jeff did a great job making announcements for the different events of the evening - my husband and I and our families didn't have to worry about a thing. They played our requests and guest requests, and added more songs too. I think it was a good mix that had something to please everyone.

I whole-heartedly recommend Jeff Hunter as DJ for your event! We are very happy with how ours turned out!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Sheri · Married on 07/29/2015

Jeff was absolutely wonderful to work with! This was the first time we had to hire a DJ and I'm so glad that we found Jeff Hunter. He was very communicative, answered all of our questions, and made planning the entire night a breeze. When completing Jeff's event questionnaire, he asks for a list of songs that are "must play", "would like to play," and "do not play." He intermixed the must play song list through out the night, as well as many of the would like to play list, honoring guest requests & kept the party going. One of the things I have heard from many brides who hire DJs is that the DJ does not honor the do not play list. Jeff Hunter does! When a guest asked for a particular song that was not on the playlist, he told her that he could not play it without the bride or groom's permission. I thought that was great. Jeff, and his colleague Brian, did an amazing job. If I had another party where I needed a DJ, I would contact Jeff Hunter again!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Amy · Married on 11/01/2014

The success of the reception hinges on the DJ! Jeff Hunter and Joe Campbell were spectacular! They played the perfect music and the perfect times and never was the dance floor not packed. It even overflowed onto the carpeted area. Jeff did all of the announcements and he was genuine and so professional (wore a tie!). Through the planning Jeff met with us and we reviewed everything in detail. He knew what our expectations were and he far exceeded them! This was our third child's wedding so we have plenty of experience with DJ's and I can highly recommend Jeff, you will wake up the day after your wedding saying "Now that was a GREAT party!" - And that is what success it! Thanks Jeff and Joe for making our daughters night the best one in her life!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Abby · Married on 07/05/2014

Jeff was a fantastic DJ for our wedding & reception! I had a general idea of what type of music I wanted- and it was quite varied. He worked in all the genres and requests at appropriate times. He provided his services for our wedding, dinner and reception in two locations within the same venue. All of my questions, concerns and uncertainty were met with great, practical ideas. I was planning from out of state and he was always easy to get a hold of through email and phone. He was patient, professional and very flexible throughout the planning and the the event. I even had modifications 15 minutes before the ceremony and he calmly took my new direction with a smile on his face! Fantastic service! We recommend Jeff Hunter and his DJ services for any event!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Carolyn · Married on 06/21/2014

Jeff is the type of DJ where you don't have to worry for a second that he will be on time, be professional and flexible, give you exactly what you want, and will get your guests DANCING!!! We would recommend him to our close friends and family in a heartbeat. He was an integral part of making our wedding day a success. The value that he brought was worth every penny and more.

Our wedding would not have been the same without him. He was just "enough", meaning he was present and directing the flow of events exactly when they needed to be transitioned, but never going over the top. He played all of the songs we wanted, and when he knew they may not be too popular of a dance song for the crowd (but that we really wanted to hear them!) he said "This is at the special request of the bride!" so our friends and family stayed out with us on the dance floor. I really appreciated that little touch.

He was incredibly flexible, asking us about changes to what we had requested as things happened throughout the evening. He was making sure that we were getting exactly what we wanted, even if things weren't going exactly as we planned (they never do!)

Most of all, he is just a true professional. I found out after the event that my friends had requested a song which would have totally interrupted the flow of the evening, and probably offended a fair number of guests! Even though Jeff played many other guest's requests throughout the night, he didn't play that song. When we found out what we had avoided by having Jeff as our DJ we were incredibly relieved!

Jeff was a key part of what made our wedding such a great day, and we are so happy we decided to work with him.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Richard · Married on 08/31/2013

Jeff and his partner provided inside and outside services for our ceremony and reception! He was flexible, offered up ideas, and made certain to take the stress away from us on our big day. He was even able to cut some songs for us to assist in making our exit from the wedding, entrance to reception and first dance, very memorable.

Great service overall....Set something up for your event. You will have fun!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/27/2013

Jeff was amazing! His experience and professionalism made it easy for me, my husband and guests to enjoy ourselves during our cocktail hour and reception. I received several compliments from our guests about how great the music was. My brother in-law even said, "It's like he's playing the playlist of my life!". Since our wedding was outdoors at my father in-law's property, we used several vendors for different parts of the wedding and reception and we did not have a coordinator. I was pretty nervous about how everything would flow smoothly throughout the evening, but Jeff worked with the other vendors to keep things moving which made me feel very comfortable. I'm also certain he played every song on our "must have" and "would like" playlist requests.

I would absolutely recommend Jeff's DJ Services to anyone!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Jeff was amazing. My sister used him for her wedding and he was great, so when it came time to look for a DJ for our wedding we turned to Jeff. It was a stress free choice. Jeff took time to walk us through everything, responded to all my questions quickly (even when he was out of town) and was excellent at keeping the party going the whole night. We had relatives dancing that we didn't think would and they respected all of our requests. He and Brian did such a great job I would recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/15/2012

Jeff was extremely helpful during the entire planning process, and service on the day of the wedding was flawless. There are no hidden costs for "extras" like you would find with almost every other DJ company out there. He was professional, respectful, and not cheesy. He also went along happily with some of our unique requests (Mission Impossible during the ceremony, polkas, etc.). He also made it possible to have music in 3 separate places back to back for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception without missing a beat. After interviewing 5 other disappointing DJ companies, we were very grateful to meet Jeff and knew immediately that he would be great. We would highly recommend his services for any of your DJ needs!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Lisa · Married on 07/07/2012

Jeff's DJ services are amazing. We have used him on several occassions and absolutely love him. He has a good playlist and he also will go find whatever it is you request if he doesn't have it. He mingles with the crowd and he takes charge and keeps things running smoothly at the reception with all your guests while you are getting pictures. We will always use Jeff for all our festivities.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Rebecca · Married on 11/11/2011

Jeff made our reception one to remember! One thing that was important to me and my husband was to keep the dance floor full and Jeff came through for us. If you're unsure of what type of music to play, go with Jeff's recommendations, he's got great taste and knows what people want to hear! Thank you Jeff for making our reception a wonderful and memorable event!

Sent on 11/12/2011

P · Married on 10/29/2011

Jeff and his assistant were amazing to work with and I would easily recommend Jeff Hunter to anyone. We met with a handful of DJ services before meeting with Jeff and he was certainly professional, had a good voice, had the look and presented himself well. For those crowds who are a bit older (late 20's, 30's and 40's) and are looking for someone who can play great music and great classic songs to dance to, Jeff is your guy. One DJ group we met with said that classical songs, to be played while guests arrived prior to the ceremony, would include the likes of Kenny G. No disrespect to those who may like his music, but that is certainly not my idea of classical music.

Jeff took your feedback, got a sense of what you were looking for and went with it. Yes, maybe every single song you wanted may not be played but he incorporated your must haves and musical taste to make it a great overall event. He was flexible with the location, responsive, and flexible on payment methods.

All in all a great value and sure bet.

Sent on 10/31/2011
  • Gretchen

Gretchen · Married on 07/23/2011

Jeff Hunter was nothing short of amazing. We had a Casablanca themed wedding and he mailed it across the board. The play list was right on point, and when the dance floor needed a boost, Jeff knew just what songs to play for our crowd.

It was so important to us that he and his partner took the pressure off of us. We were able to just relax, have fun, and dance, dance, dance, and dance some more. When our parents got on the dance floor, we knew we had hit a homre run with our DJ selection.

Jeff Hunter was nothing short of AMAZING!!!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Christina · Married on 06/11/2011

We had experienced Jeff at our cousin's wedding and both of my brothers weddings. He was fantastic at all weddings and we were excited to have him a part of ours. Come wedding week he was quick to respond to all of our e-mails and answer all of our questions. He even worked with us so that the sound could be projected for our slide show through his speakers. He was phenomenal at our wedding. He gave us time to visit with our guests, as well as kept us on track so that we would have time to dance with everyone and do everything that we wanted to do. Once everyone made it to the dance floor he kept the music going that was easy to dance to and kept everyone up there until the end of the night. He made our wedding everything we could of asked for. It was the best day of our life and, a DJ truly makes a reception, and he made ours. He comes highly recommended... we even have friends planning on using him next summer! Thanks Jeff for making our wedding day the best!
    Steve and Christina

Sent on 06/27/2011

Stacy · Married on 11/14/2010

Our guests were dancing all night. Thanks for the great music. What fun we all had.

Sent on 11/30/2010