Jeff Campbell Photography Reviews

25 | Austin, TX

25 Reviews for Jeff Campbell Photography

Angel · Married on 12/13/2014

Jeff captured the special moments as well as the personalities of my daughter and her husband during my daughter's wedding!

I would hire him again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Jomel · Married on 09/20/2013

We chose Jeff because his prices were reasonable for high quality pictures. He did both our engagement and wedding photos and we love ALL of the pictures he took! Since we had a somewhat long "shot list" for a 5-hour time frame, we decided to add a second photographer at the last minute and we're glad we did! Jeff and his assistant did a great job taking an awesome combination of posed and candid shots. We were also very impressed by how fast Jeff was able to edit and deliver our photos - we got all of our pictures within a month from the wedding! Thank you again, Jeff, for your hard work in taking such beautiful pictures for our special day!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Pamela · Married on 10/30/2011

The entire experience with Jeff Campbell was wonderful. There were many times of that day I thought that I could not wait to see all the photos Jeff took and a were not disappointed. What a great eye and personal touch to something that meant so much to not only us by our family and friends as well.

Sent on 02/08/2012

Graciela · Married on 09/17/2011

Best Photographer! The pictures were amazing and we were very happy with the service, timing, etc..

Sent on 02/02/2012

P Ross · Married on 06/23/2011

Jeff was very open in his communication throughout the initial planning and execution of the entire event. We would have given 10 stars on flexibility had that been an option. He captured the moments, people and spirit of the entire celebration through his lens and onto the photos that will be our history of the day. Most highly recommended!

Sent on 08/26/2011
  • Y

Youngim · Married on 05/20/2011

I was a new comer in town and had to organize the wedding by myself. To find a decent photographer with a reasonable price was a difficult journey. However, I found his website and his pictures were really good and the price was reasonable too. Plus, all the reviews from his previous jobs were so great! It seemed like he's not only an excellent photographer but also a good person!!!

My choice was excellent! From the beginning to the end, he did a fantastic job! Trust me! This guy really works hard, and he's really passionate and creative!

We had an complimentary engagement session before the wedding. Even if it was included in the package, he really worked hard and the pictures were so beautiful and we used these beautiful pictures for the signing table! All the guests asked us continually about the photos and gave us tons of compliments on them!

Also for the wedding, he was running everywhere to capture the moments in a very creative way, and now we got so many beautiful images to share with our families and friends! We are 100% satisfied and very pleased with the pictures!

He's also very punctual, patient, warm , professional and pleasure to work with!

I just wanted to thank you again for the fantastic job you did on the photos for our wedding and engagement session.

I will be highly recommending you to everyone I know.

Thank you so much Jeff!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Amber · Married on 11/20/2010

Jeff did me and my husbands wedding back on November 20, 2010 and he did an amazing job! He was always on his feet trying to caputure the whole wedding and did amazing at it! He really like read my mind on the kinds of photos I wanted and they all came out beautifully! I had met with probably 3 photographers before Jeff and none of them would do what I wanted and they were not very flexible at all but when I found Jeffs photography and started looking through his photos I was very excited to meet him and that just made my wedding day like totaly perfect, especially having photos to look at and just remember what an awesome day that was!

Sent on 07/18/2011

Shonne · Married on 10/10/2010

Jeff is an exceptional photographer whose love for the profession clearly shows. He was very professional, attentive, and provided piece of mind that this wedding must-have is taken care of. Thanks Jeff. Words cannot express how pleased the Misses and I are with your services.

Sent on 11/17/2010

Valarie · Married on 10/02/2010

Jeff provided photography for my engagement and bridal portraits as well as my wedding. It was a pleasure to work with him. He worked with me on times that were good for me for my portraits and worked hard and did a fantastic job at our wedding. He really went above and beyond what we had agreed to and I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful photographer. Thanks again Jeff!

--Valarie

Sent on 10/23/2010

gina · Married on 06/12/2010

Jeff was truly amazing at our son's wedding. He was able to photograph each shot that we requested. His photo packages were reasonable and the photos were really good. He was very accomodating to all the guests and really strived to capture those moments that were priceless. We will definitely recommend him to our friends and family.

Sent on 07/25/2010

Janay · Married on 05/15/2010

Jeff did a wonderful job shooting the before, during and after portions of our wedding. He captured the day and venue beautifully.

Sent on 06/30/2010

candis · Married on 05/01/2010

First i want to start off saying that Jeff Campbell was all I thought he would be in a photographer plus more. He made sure it was all about us... (Bride and Groom), and very professional. I have never seen someone hustle the way he did. I loved how he captured all the important moments of our wedding day and of course all the in betweens that came with it. For being a one man photographer, that is a really big responsibility and he couldn't of done a better job. So if your wanting memorable moments captured on one of the biggest days of your life......then don't look any further, Jeff Campbell (photography) will make that happen and I promise he will not let you down.
    Sincerely, A Very Happy Bride...
    Candis

Sent on 10/22/2010

Crystal · Married on 03/10/2010

My Son was just over two when we had family from out of state visiting. I wanted to have photos taken but did NOT want the prim, proper and often over posed photos you get in most studios. I took to surfing the internet and *thankfully* stumbled upon Jeff Campbell. At that time he had little more than a listing with contact information. I emailed him showing interest. I noticed a hint of humor in his response email so I figured this Man could be fun to work with. We emailed back and forth a few times to arrange time, location and a "wish list." I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable I felt with him even before meeting him in person. Jeff has the perfect blend of professionalism and humor. He gave me the finished product on time and I was beyond pleased with his work. He photographed my family perfectly, just the way I see them. He seemed to capture not only their image but their personalities as well. That is why I've called upon Jeff for two more photo sessions. One in which he had to work with three children and the other was a Wedding Shoot for my Husband and I. He is so good with little ones. He's not the least bit afraid to get down on their level, literally, to get the most adorable shots. His ability to freeze real life so that you can relive those moments over and over is incredible. After 11 years of marriage my Husband and I thought it was about time to have professional photos taken in a "mock" wedding ceremony. Working closely with Jeff we were able to narrow down an outdoor location under perfect lighting conditions. Again we offered a "wish list" and again Jeff delivered above and beyond our expectations. You will be spoiled by Jeff and his magic ways with a camera!

Sent on 06/23/2010

Mary · Married on 03/06/2010

Awesome photographs! Way more than we expected. Our family is very happy with all the pictures. I've heard stories about disappointing pictures, but wow! We got a great deal. Jeff is very easy to work with and he really, really hustles when he's working. He was everywhere at once. And very professional. Its interesting that in some of pictures, it's clear that the people didn't know he was taking their picture while in other pictures, he really got my friends and family to connect with the camera. What a great talent. Thanks Jeff!!

Sent on 05/26/2010

If you are looking for an awesome photographer to capture the special moments and details of your wedding day then look no further than Jeff Campbell Photography! The quality and quantity of his shots from the engagement to the ceremony and reception are amazing! He really captures each couples unique love story and that alone is priceless!!!

Sent on 03/17/2015

Jeff was a pleasure to work with. We spoke with other photographers before booking Jeff-- we thought his work fit best with us. Although I wish there were less photos of my dress and more of my now husband and I-- I say the photos came out great. I'm not sure if he included all of the photos on the disc-- but having 1200 photos is enough for me to remember our day exactly how I want to. Having living out of town-- Jeff was flexible on meeting/ communicating with me whenever I came into town. We did "forget" about the bridal session that was included in my package-- I feel like he should have discounted that-- but that is least of my worries. Overall I do love the photos that was taken during the engagement session as well as our wedding day.

Sent on 05/08/2014
  • User3332007 · 2+ years ago

The photos we got of our wedding were beautiful and really captured the atmosphere of the event.

Jeff was helpful and really valued good communication.

Mostly, I was impressed by Jeff's friendly and laid-back demeanor.

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • Y

Yazmin · Married on 06/19/2010

My husband and I are very happy with the value of our wedding photo package from Jeff Campbell Photography. We feel that he beautifully captured the spirit of our wedding day in pictures we'll cherish! He was also very professional through the entire process which mattered a great deal to us as we organized many of the details from out of state. Overall, very happy with the service!

Sent on 08/01/2010

Nicole · Married on 07/13/2013

My husband and I got married in July 2013. For us, the most important investment for our big day was a photographer; my husband's mother is a professional portrait photographer, and we were lucky enough to have her help our search. She found Jeff's work online, and she said that it was hands-down the best deal for high-quality photos.

Jeff was very accommodating to our schedule from the very beginning. He was always open to our ideas, and was very easy to get along with. For our engagement photos, he went out of his way to get shots of downtown often that reflected our story--- and even if the Texas summer heat, they looked fabulous!

Our wedding day photos are gorgeous! He got some excellent candid photos, and many portraits. He made sure to take pictures of all the speeches, dances, and special guests. Overall, I am glad that my mother-in-law found such a down-to-earth, talented individual to be a part of such a special occasion. Thanks, Jeff!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Julia · Married on 10/06/2012

3.2
      3.5
      2.5

We hired Jeff Campbell as our wedding photographer, we saw him at the bridal extravaganza. We liked his photos and thought that his price was reasonable at the time. He was very vice and responsive in the beginning. We had our engagement photos completed by Jeff and they turned out beautifully. We received the photos on a CD quickly as well. I also had my bridals done as well. For the wedding we had signed a contract that included two photographers but only Jeff showed up. The wedding photos were great and we received them in the timeline he gave us. I did not receive the photo albums that were included in my contract. It was upsetting because I paid him in full and I did not get what I paid for. I decided to give low scores on the responsiveness and professionalism because of the lack of response from Jeff, I emailed him quite a few times and received no response when as before I would have received a response. I feel that once I paid in full that his job was complete but I did not get everything I paid for. This is my first experience with a photographer and it makes me not trust photographers.

Sent on 01/03/2013

3.0
      2.0

Jeff Campbell was hired as our wedding photographer about four years ago. My wife and I prolonged writing a review because we did not want to relive the negative parts of our experience with Jeff. However, our wedding anniversary is approaching, and I am impelled to write this review. I want to preface my comments with "Jeff takes clear, clean and crisp photos." He works hard to capture the important moments on your wedding day. The quality of the photos was not the problem. Our disappointment was due to his "lack of professionalism and responsiveness" throughout the process, which tainted our entire experience.
    We had to to go back and forth with Jeff to get the photos, book and dvd that we wanted. I took the time on numerous occasions to identify and email the picture ID#s that we wanted to be included on our wedding dvd (you get about 175 pics) and in our book, yet, he did not pay attention to our requests. Instead, he included the pics that he wanted to include. Additionally, make it clear that you want your final dvd to come in a professional case (with wedding day image) and dvd (with computerized wedding day inscription). He tried to give us a wedding dvd (with our names and wedding date written in black sharpie marker) in a clear, plastic CD case. That is not acceptable for the amount of money that he charges (he did rectify that problem). Also, there were times when Jeff would not respond for weeks (he always had an excuse). After 4-6 months of going back and forth with him, we moved on without getting exactly what we wanted. We sent him a court order, but decided against it after considering court costs and reviewing the loop holes in the contract. At this point, we want to make others aware. He lacks professionalism and will push you to the side after he gets your full payment. If you are considering Jeff, DO NOT PAY HIM THE FULL AMOUNT UNTIL YOU HAVE "EXACTLY" WHAT YOU WANT. Also AMEND THE CONTRACT TO PROTECT YOU FROM REASONABLE LOSS.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Leslie · Married on 05/26/2013

0.6
      0.0
      0.0

My husband and I had a very bad experience with Jeff & his assistant at our wedding in late May (this is just a touch of our complaints)... I provided them with a shot list a few weeks in advance. Of the pre-ceremony pictures NONE of those requested of me with my mom, other family or my bridal party were captured. Most of the guys pictures requested were taken. There are a ton of my husbands immediate & extended family from post-ceremony through reception - and only 2 shots of my family with me. No pictures of my parents together, me with bridesmaids, me & my husband posing, my immediate or extended family together and one of 2 of my friends posed together. There are dozens of photos from the grooms side, such as posed extended family pics and head shots, along with our guests on the dance floor (including several shots of our guests shoes..?). At this point I should mention that I had to leave the venue early due to illness after the food was served. So some of the requested shots were not able to be taken, such as cake cutting & our first dance. It also put a limit to the number of chances to get bride & groom posed pictures . Despite that, not a single one I requested prior to the ceremony or of the groom and myself together prior to the reception were taken! And when my mother asked BOTH photographers for specific pictures before and after the ceremony , they did not happen, and my parents were the ones footing the bill.
    After all of this I confronted Jeff with my concerns after reviewing the discs and realizing the depth of my disappointment in all of the photos that were missed. He was extremely confrontational and rude, speaking down to me over the phone throughout our 30 minute conversation and tried to blame his lack of professionalism on my illness, claiming that I mismanaged his services. I would recommend seeking another photographer if you want your requests to be followed and to be treated with respect

Sent on 07/09/2013

Michael · Married on 03/13/2016

btw...hey jeff,

you still suck!!

And your reviews keep getting worse! Do yourself a favor, quit advertising your services and go panhandle somewhere! Because that’s what you are doing anyway. Taking people’s money and fucking them over in the end.

Your lack of integrity supersedes ANYTHING you could say or do!

How do wake up with yourself every day? I would disappear if I knew how shitty of a person you are!!

Karma is a BITCH and yours is coming!!

As far as I’m concerned, you owe us $500.00 that I will never see. So, I will continue to do what I can to make your business (joke) unsuccessful!!

You ask yourself, why would I waste my time on this...NOT A WASTE OF TIME. My hope is to keep others from being taken advantage on what is supposed to be one of the most important days of their lives only to have it ruined by a lying, manipulative, conniving loser that can’t even take a single picture of the bride and groom by themselves at their wedding.

I said it before and I’ll say it again...YOU SUCK!!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Kelly · Married on 03/13/2016

0.5

Jeff Campbell is a crook & a horrible photographer. Yes, he met with me & my husband- more than once. He made grandiose promises & made himself out to be the best of the best of the professionals. He told us to get with him on what kind of engagement photos we wanted. We did. He barely met us halfway with what we requested. We wound up going places HE wanted to go, in front of scenery HE wanted. Sorry Jeff, but having a woman walk through rough & rocky terrain while in heels is hardly acceptable.
    My bridal shots were pathetic. He got two- ONLY TWO- good shots of me while in my gown, and those are on his website. During the bridal shoot, this man had me traipsing through grass & mud, while in my wedding gown & brand new shoes, BEFORE MY WEDDING DAY no less, so he could take a picture of me in front of some dead bushes & dried up cattail plants.
    Our wedding pictures were beyond disappointing. About thirty minutes before our wedding started, Jeff drops a bomb on me by telling me his assistant couldn’t make it, even though we paid for said assistant. No reimbursemt. No apology.
    We gave him the ‘shot list’ of wedding day pictures that he requested. Now... I am no genius, but normally, a photographer will take a portrait of the bride & groom together at some point after the ceremony. Right? Nope- not Jeff Campbell. My husband & I don’t have a single picture of just the two of us. We’ve had to crop people out of pictures so we could have one. And yes, a bride/groom portrait was on our desired shot list. So were many other pictures that Jeff failed to capture. His response to it all was “it’s not my responsibility to call people up to take pictures.”
    Newsflash, Jeff... Yes it is. ESPECIALLY when everyone on the list is right there!
    We paid to have an album made that he said would take a couple of weeks after we chose the pictures we wanted in it. We submitted the pictures. And we’re still waiting for the album, TWO YEARS LATER!
    Stay away from Jeff Campbell!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Michael · Married on 03/13/2016

0.5

Jeff is a CROOK. Buyer beware! He has NO regard for your personal wants for your wedding pictures. It's all about Jeff and what he wants! And he is a coward! Once he screws you over, he's such a mouse that he will not even talk to you. Because he knows he did you wrong.

Hey Jeff, I think I found your balls, your Mom has them!! Maybe when you grow up, she'll give them back to you. That is if you can convince her that you are responsible enough to take care of them. Unlike every other living thing in your life!! You SUCK!!

Sent on 02/08/2018