Jean M by Carlson Craft Reviews

191 | Mankato, MN

191 Reviews for Jean M by Carlson Craft

• Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 12/05/2010

Let me be honest – I thought worrying about wedding invitations was a waste of time. If you were close enough to me and my wife that you were getting invited, you already knew through personal contact, phone, e-mail or word of mouth from our parents when, where, and how the wedding was taking place. Formality aside, we’re not traditionalists and we didn’t even send out save-the-dates in paper form in an effort to be environmentally conscious. Still, we knew we had to do this, mostly for our older guests and to please our parents. Of all things, invitations ended up causing the biggest fights (even moreso than guest list)

Taking all that into consideration, we ended up visiting at least three local paper/stationery shops, looking through every book, Vera Wang, Kate Spade, Checkerboard, Modern Stationery, etc there was to see. Nothing grabbed us except for some extraordinarily expensive options. We couldn’t stomach spending that kind of money on something we didn’t care much about, so that’s when we turned to the web.

After getting samples from Magnet Street and WeddingPaperDivas.com we realized Jean M is in a class of its own. The cardstock is just the right weight and sheen, and the printing is sharp, accurate and near indistinguishable from the local stores. The difference is it’s half the price. PLUS, they offer discounts and promo codes. And, the advantage of cutting out the middleman means the order is shipped right to you. You also can design your own cards with their free online tools. The template software is really good for detail-oriented folks like myself. But it’s not as customizable as you may need – for example, we wanted our names sized differently to stand out and adjusting spacing or right/left justifications was impossible online. It works well for simple or standard cards, but otherwise you’ll need to call for final formatting, as I did. One of the other things I liked a lot was their online chat, where representatives could answer questions until midnight EST.

The winner in all this for us was that we found a card style that was better-looking and fit our style more than anything in a book at a stationery store. It was a custom-design with two paper layers and two ribbon layers, and had to be hand-assembled at Jean M. That would cost an arm and a leg in the real world. But at Jean M it was a few hundred dollars! We are STILL getting compliments on our invitation.

The reason I docked them a star in the rating is that they screwed up the order on the text font for the outside envelopes. We paid for digital calligraphy and they used the wrong font. This, in the grand scheme of things, is minor…. but does indicate a lapse in oversight, since the font was clearly listed on the order form. To their credit, they admitted the error and refunded the cost of the calligraphy (or were willing to rush out the corrected order) For the invitations themselves, we had to go through a couple rounds of proofs and revisions to clear up typos and mistakes on their part – so again, be mindful and plan for a little extra time. It’s $15 per proof, which I found to be obnoxious since I couldn’t understand why I had to pay when they were the ones making mistakes – but they waived it when I complained. I have to echo many other reviewer’s comments here – GET PROOFS! It will save you a lot of hassle and delays. In the end though, the quality of the stationery is worth the effort and cost savings.

Sent on 12/23/2010

Lisa · Married on 07/14/2010

3.0

I ordered cookie cutter favors and they arrived so quickly! I loved them and so did my guest!

Lisa · Married on 07/10/2010

3.0

very good quality, however, too pricey

Carrie · Married on 03/27/2010

Jean M has an amazing selection of beautiful invites and other paper needs. I used them for my invites and menu cards. My invites came exactly as ordered and were perfect. There was a slight error with the menu cards but Jean M was very willing to correct it for free.

Sent on 07/26/2010

Trish · Married on 12/13/2009

The invitations we bought from Jean M were satisfied what we wanted, and we were both pleased at the service. Really easy to order, and the invitations were sent on they time we scheduled them for.

Sent on 03/05/2010
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2009

Ordered my wedding invitations from Jean M. They have a great selection and offer unique invitations. They turned out wonderful!

Sent on 08/23/2008

Jen · Married on 08/09/2008

3.5

We were very pleased with the quality and the service from myjeanm.com. It was very helpful that our proofs were updated in real-time as we made changes, and prior to my order being shipped a PDF proof was emailed to me.

I ordered paper samples so I could choose the color of paper and ribbon for my invitations, which I highly recommend doing. Some colors were very "off" what I thought they were on my computer monitor, but that is to be expected.

Fast shipping!

Sent on 08/26/2008
  • O

Megan · Married on 07/05/2008

I really had a great experience with Jean M. Their staff is super helpful and easy to work with, which is so important when planning a wedding. That alone would be worth recommending them! Their invitations and programs were very cute and were shipped out extremely fast. They do a very good job! They are also easy to work with since you can design your items online! I would definitely recommend Jean M.

Sent on 08/01/2008

Laura · Married on 01/29/2008

I chose a "save the date" card as my actual wedding invitation. Jean M. worked with me to make sure that we could create what I wanted. They came out beautifully!

Sent on 04/07/2008

Attiq · Married on 11/24/2007

I ordered match-box style personalized favor notepads from Jean M. We were happy with the quality and recieved our package in a timely manner. Based on researching similar favors on other sites, I think we got a pretty good deal. We paid about $120 for 300 personalized notepads and this included the shipping costs.

Sent on 04/22/2009

Leslie · Married on 08/18/2007

3.0

I used Jean M for my wedding invitation. I purchased my invitations, response cards, and direction cards from them. Jean M has some of the most lovely invitations around though they can be costly the service that they provided me with was well worth the cost. If they were unsure of anything that I wanted they didnt just go through with the order they place several phone calls to me to make sure that everything would be perfect for my day. When my first order arrived there was a typo on all my invitations and while I was in panic mode they calmed me down fixed the problem unsure if it was my mistake or their own and sent out new invitations within two business days. I had a wonderful experience using Jean M.

Sent on 10/18/2007

Audrey · Married on 08/11/2007

I bought the tuxedo and dress favor boxes and LOVED them! They did take awhile to put together, and they don't hold much, however; they looked soooo adorable on all the guest's tables!

Sent on 11/30/2007

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2007

3.0

Jean M offers very unique and high quality invitations. I was able to choose any color, design, wording, font etc --- lots of choices. They are easy to order from. You can order online or by phone and for a small fee they will send you an email proof of your invitation before you order. The prices are slightly high but worth it for the custom invites.

Sent on 08/21/2007

Kalissa · Married on 06/23/2007

3.0

Amazing! Our invitations and everything included were unique, gorgeous, and exactly what we were looking for. They were expensive, but we splurged. They were easy to use and packaged well when we go them.

Sent on 10/26/2007

Dawn · Married on 11/11/2006

I love the beautiful, modern designs at JeanM. The "preview" feature on their website is great, you can see exactly how the colors/fonts/etc. will look on your invitation. Shipping was fast as well.

Sent on 01/26/2007

Laura · Married on 10/16/2006

3.5

When I was looking for wedding invitations I requested their catalog on the internet. It was sent in a very prompt manner and I was estatic about their products! They had many options to choose from and the samples that I requested came in a quick manner! I was able to decide what I wanted through a very good place!

Sent on 10/18/2007

Candace · Married on 10/06/2006

I loved this website because you could see an online version of your invitations before you order them. You literally see what they will look like as you are designing them step by step. Plus they offer lots of beautiful options for any budget.

Sent on 04/28/2008

Megan · Married on 08/05/2006

I was a little wary of having to order something online that was pretty much a one shot deal, you know? But I was above and beyond pleased with how the invitations looked...they were just how they looked in the pictures online! And they were also within my budget, so that was great, too. A lot of there really nice and classy invitations were on my affordable list, to be honest. And they came to me promptly when they said they would come to me!!!

Sent on 05/17/2008

Michael's customer service was exceptional especially for the price. We just want simple invitations for our wedding. Easy to get in touch with, very friendly and professional. For ordering online I was very surprised how easy it was to chat with someone. It was great to be able to have another person to review the invitation to make sure everything was capitalized, etc. The lady I spoke with even moved a few words around to make the font larger, very accommodating. I really appreciated the attention to detail. I would highly recommend using Michael's custom designs.

Sent on 09/24/2013
  • latrese

latrese · Married on 06/21/2010

items came very quickly. only thing i didn't like is that the jean m logo was on my cards, which really wasn't attractive

Marla · Married on 04/02/2010

I like Jean M because of the promptness of service, and quality of the cards.

Margaret · Married on 06/19/2010

3.0

Ordering from Jean M online was very easy and we were able to customize our wedding invitations to almost exactly how we wanted. They turned out beautiful! The online ordering system's only downside is the restriction in number of written lines. The solution to this is calling them and requesting an additional line. I had trouble fitting everything I needed onto a response card and just decided to print and past myself a backside to the card. Be sure to order your invites early because I had to request a re-print twice to correct colors and misspellings that I know were correct when I submitted my order. Customer service was very nice about it, though and the corrections were made/shipped quickly.

Renee · Married on 06/19/2010

I bought our toasting glasses from Jean M. The only problem that we've had is that the gold on the rim is coming off very slightly (something I'm sure no one but me would notice). Other than that, they look beautiful.

Christina · Married on 06/05/2010

I ordered the blank black guest book. Very nice quality book with plenty of pages for guest to sign and the inside of the book is bound with a spiral so the book lays flat for guests to sign.

Sent on 08/06/2010

Brooke · Married on 12/05/2009

3.0

Liked the invitations, but paid an arm and a leg for them. Would have thought for what I paid, the invitations would have been magnificent... Overall, liked them.

Sent on 01/05/2010