Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations Reviews

30 | Pleasantville, NY

30 Reviews for Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations

cookie · Married on 10/06/2018

We hosted our daughter’s wedding at the Rowsley Estate (Scarsdale Women’s Club), and Donna and Mary executed the Bride’s vision with exquisite perfection. They worked with her to achieve the desired tablescapes, ambiance and menu. And most importantly, the bride and groom announced that everything was “perfect”, and they couldn’t have been happier with the outcome! From a parent’s perspective, that is exactly what you want to hear! Mary was very easy to work with during the planning stages and the team really takes care of so many of the little details that the wedding planning was relatively easy. It was almost a one stop shopping experience… Amazon in Scarsdale; from the Onsite Ceremony (if needed) to the Beautiful reception including all linens, tables, chairs etc., set-up, clean-up, great cocktail hour, excellent dinner, delicious wedding cake at a very good value. Just add officiant, flowers, music and photographer …. Donna was the Maître D and she couldn’t have been nicer and more professional. Everything ran like clockwork. The staff were very pleasant and capable. The Rowsley Estate is like having a party in your home but without all the hassle and work. The guests have access to various rooms both upstairs and downstairs which makes it interesting and unique. The bar is positioned outdoors next to the long covered front patio and the guests loved hanging out there between dances. The Bride and Groom and wedding party arrived early for pictures and appreciated their individual areas to relax in before the ceremony. The photographer loved the aesthetic of the venue and the early pictures appear to confirm her opinion. I highly recommend Jean-Jacques at The Rowsley Estate with Mary and Donna at the helm for a beautiful wedding experience.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Miranda · Married on 10/06/2018

Our dream wedding!

We just had our wedding at the Rowsley Estate and can not be happier we chose this venue and Jean-Jacques' for our big day! We started venue shopping last year in the fall and saw places anywhere from NYC to the upper Hudson Valley. We decided to go with the Rowsley Estate because the venue has the traditional and classy charm which fit perfectly our taste, easy access from NYC and Jean-Jacques' reviews were excellent on every bridal sites. From day one working towards our wedding day, Mary and Donna handled everything with utmost professionalism advising us the do and don't from their rich experience and always accommodating our particular needs. Because we ended up with the maximum number of guest capacity and wanted still a good dancing space, Mary allowed us to design the floor plan and worked with our florist consummately to achieve our vision for the day. Everything went perfect and smoothly on our wedding day. Only to mention a few: during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, Donna graciously guided us and the bridal party exactly what to do (I totally recommend the rehearsal), the food and beverages were excellent, the staff was so hospitable that our guests told us there has never been an empty moment in their wine glasses! We've got so much compliments from our guests since our big day and still more are coming! Thank you so much Mary, Donna and the entire Jean-Jacques' staff. You made our dream wedding come true!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Jasmine · Married on 06/30/2018

I recently got married in June at the Rowsley Estate (Scarsdale Women's Club) with Jean-Jacques' Culinary Creations as my wedding caterer. To this day, I still receive comments from friends on how well-planned and beautiful the entire day was, from ceremony, to cocktail hour and reception.

I wanted an intimate, homey and elegant venue for a wedding of about 110 guests. The Rowsley Estate was the last of 6 venues I visited, and after meeting Mary (the site's wedding coordinator) and seeing the venue, I knew my search had ended. It was also clear to my husband and I, who paid for the wedding ourselves, that Jean-Jacques' price was hard to beat for what it has to offer. Mary is SO experienced in her years of wedding planning, and kept me updated and organized through our 8 months of pre-wedding correspondence and meetings. She was always patient with my general ignorance when it comes to wedding planning minutiae, and went out of her way to accommodate my special requests in terms of adding a traditional tea ceremony before the ceremony, and having a swing dance lesson during cocktail hour. Her calm and grace were special qualities that I came to value so much, and I have always trusted her instinctively. We also love our Maitre'D Donna, who helped us rehearse our wedding and kept our guests informed and our wedding day itinerary flowing without a blip. Last but not least are all the staff members who helped with our reception decoration and other set-up. I wish I could remember each of their names, their professionalism and genuine good wishes to me, my family and guests left an indelible impression on all of us. I had picked out my reception theme colors and decoration with Mary earlier, but to see the end result of how all of them got pieced together so beautifully by the staff moved me to tears. I cannot thank Jean-Jacques Culinary Creations enough for making our wedding day truly an event of a lifetime!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Jane · Married on 12/10/2017

It was a joy to work with Mary for our December wedding at the Lounsbury House in Ridgefield CT. And a plus was that the food was excellent and our guests loved the variety!

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • Deidre

Deidre · Married on 10/07/2017

What can I say that hasn’t already been said!? Mary and Donna are literally the best. Every single thing from start to finish was absolutely incredible. Mary and Donna were so professional and really made the wedding about what my husband and I wanted. The food and service was great, the bartenders were awesome. Many of our guests said it was one of the best wedding dinners they ever had. Our specialty drink included pear juice and the chef could not find it so he got pears and made the juice by hand. I mean how amazing is that. My husband and I and our immediate families 10000% recommend Jean Jacques and the Rowsley Estate in Scarsdale. Beyond pleased with everything

Sent on 10/23/2017

Jill · Married on 07/16/2016

Everything that Jens at Jean Jacques promised he delivered and more! He is a pleasure to deal with, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and always willing to make things the way you want them to be. It was my son's wedding and he and my daughter in law worked closely with Jens planning the food. The tasting we all attended and the food was really quite delicious. At that time Jens told us the food would be just as delicious - it was - and that there would be plenty of it - yes again - and that his serving crew and Maitre D would be very attentive - and they were!!! We were thrilled and our guests loved all of it. Jean Jacques is a real gem of a find for catering an event!!!!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Christina · Married on 03/19/2016

My husband and I were married in March 2016 at Scarsdale Woman’s Club. From our initial phone conversations and meetings with Mary Scelsi, we couldn’t have felt that we were in better hands. Now where do I start?! Plain and simple – Mary and her daughter, Donna Sullivan, are class acts. From the get-go, Mary was professional, candid, and extremely helpful. My husband and I had specific ideas in mind in terms of reception format, food preferences, and aesthetics, and Mary helped us achieve what we were looking for. We strayed away from a typical wedding menu, and Mary and her team planned and executed an amazing menu that was tasty and different. We felt like Mary and Donna really took care of us in the months leading up to our big day, which is so important when planning a wedding. We enjoyed our ceremony and reception and, thanks to Mary and Donna, we didn’t have to worry about a thing! Meticulous attention to detail, professional, extremely pleasant, responsive. 10/10 would recommend. A+++ Can’t wait to work with them again.

Sent on 03/25/2016

Jean-Jacques catered my wedding and everything was amazing. Jens made the planning so much easier as he helped me with planning a menu, finding rentals and setting things up on the day of. The food was amazing and we are STILL getting compliments on it. Also, the wait staff and bartenders were incredibly attentive, professional and personable. They acted like we were regulars at their own restaurant! I cannot say enough good things about Jean-Jacques and their staff-- I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Kristen · Married on 03/28/2015

The cake looked great and tasted great, and arrived on time with no issues (to a venue quite a ways away, too!). The tasting was amazing -- so many options were plated beautifully for us, and my mother was allowed to join on the spur of the moment, and everything tasted great. Jens, from the bakery, consulted with us on flavors and design and was both friendly and helpful, never trying to upsell us or in any way make us feel judged for our choices. Everyone there was so nice and talented (and not for nothing, they were also extremely kind and flexible when we were accidentally late... very late... on a payment). Thanks guys!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Kristina · Married on 08/08/2014

I came across Jean Jacques through a wedding site and read reviews similar to the ones you are reading. I was impressed by the reviews and clicked "Contact Vendor." The next day I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Mary, the event coordinator. We scheduled a time to meet a few days later. I appreciated Mary's knowledge, professionalism, and expertise from the moment we met. She listened, offered suggestions, took notes, and was thorough. I left the meeting impressed and with Mary's words "I will take care of you" in the back of my mind. I was even more impressed a few days later when I received a hand-written thank you note for taking the time to meet with her.

The following factors were very important to us in choosing a caterer: all-inclusive, cost, quality of food, service, and professionalism. Jean Jacques exceed all of our expectations and more.

Looking back, Mary and her team stood by her words "I will take care of you." From the last minute decision to have a tent due to the rain, to arriving early the morning of the wedding to work through the new seating chart, they was there every step of the way. They accommodated our special request and were courteous to our vendors.

Being a perfectionist and a project manager by trade, at one point of the morning I let go of being attached to the wedding and the details. I was confident Mary and her team were going to take care of us and our guests. It was truly such a blessing to be a guest at our own wedding.

The service Mary, Donna, Vinny and their staff provided was second to none. We thank them for making our wedding celebration a dream come true.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Elizaveta · Married on 08/10/2013

When me and my fiance decided to get married, i couldn't think of anyone else except Jean-Jacques' to cater our wedding ! I have tasted their wonderful pastries and their food while attending different events at Bronxville Women's Club, and i loved it. We chose the charming Scarsdale Women's Club (also known as the Rowsley Cottage) as our wedding venue and we started working with Mary Scelsi. She was so professional and, most importantly, she understood exactly what we wanted and embraced our ideas adding a few of her own touches, that fit just perfectly ! We were really excited about the wedding cake and when we came to Jean-Jeacques' for a cake tasting, we fell in love with the two cakes that were offered to us and, unable to decide which one we wanted to have, we chose to combine the two flavors together. Many thanks to Jeannette Gabrillargues Chacho and the pastry chefs involved for designing the cake of our dreams ! When the big day came on August 10, 2013, everything went beautifully and it was everything we ever wanted ! We were calm, thanks to Mary Scelsi and our Maitre D' Donna Sullivan, who were so attentive and supportive, and everybody absolutely loved the food and the service ! We encourage anyone who is thinking of having a wedding or any kind of event to consider Jean-Jacques'. It's very hard to find something of this quality and finesse, and after tasting the food and the pastries and meeting the members of their team, you will surely be convinced ! Thank you Jean-Jacques' for making our dream come true ! We will be back for more.

Elizaveta Kopelman and Slava Gelfand

Sent on 08/27/2013
  • Aisling

Aisling · Married on 06/22/2013

Jean-Jacques' team were outstanding! They took great care of us and our guests throughout the wedding. The food was delicious. Many of our guests raved about the food saying it was the best dinner they've ever had at a wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2013
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/13/2012

My Husband and I got married at the Scarsdale Women's Club in Oct 2012. I can not say enough great things about Jean-Jacques' . The entire day was perfect!!! They were professional, detailed and completely accommodating from day one. They were always quick to respond with any questions we had along the way, and were prepared with suggestions, recomendations and even back up plans for our wedding ceremony and reception. They arranged for our guests to receive hot apple cider and sparkling water when they arrived on-site for our brisk fall outdoor ceremony, which everyone loved! When our flower girl had a meltdown 2 mins before she was supposed to walk down the aisle the Chef appeared from the kitchen with 2 mini hot dogs for her, to which my sister in-law said "this man is an angel!" Donna our Maitre D' was an absolute doll, she took such good care of us the entire time. My bridesmaids were saying how amazing they thought it was when she made me sit down and eat for a little during cocktail hour. Everyone is calling us to talk about how fantastic the food was. My boss told me and I quote "That soup was one of the best things I've ever eaten" (butternut squash with maple syrup) There is not a bad option on the menu! Everything ran so smoothly the entire day, we could not have been happier with the service! Thank you thank you thank you Jean-Jacques', Mary and Donna for being so wonderful the entire process and help us to have the most beautiful celebration at the startling of our journey as husband and wife.

Sent on 11/24/2012

Bobbi · Married on 09/15/2012

We had our wedding at the Rowsley Estate in Scarsdale in September. Jean-Jacques was the caterer and the evening could not have been more perfect. Mary was our main contact leading up to the wedding and Donna was our Maitre D on the day of. They are both two of the most professional and kindest people you will ever work with. They took care of every detail and ensured all of our special requests were taken care of. The food was amazing from the appetizers to the main courses – we are still getting compliments!! The entire staff was always right there to take care of our guests’ needs and treated us like family. We look forward to working with Mary and her team in the future and highly recommend Jean-Jacques for your next event, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/24/2012

Jean Jacques catered our June 2012 wedding at a venue in Westchester and from day one we were completely confident in the team. We worked closely with Jens (who is a co-owner with his sister Jeanette) throughout the process. He made wonderful suggestions from food selections and cake design to rental needs and layout. We were so grateful to have him every step of the way to guide us to our perfect day. On the day of, our maitre'd was Jeannie and she was amazing. We met her at our tasting and specifically requested her. She kept things runninng smoothly and we were able to truly enjoy our event knowing it was in such capable hands. And last, but certainly not least, the food was fabulous. The presentation was beautiful and we heard rave reviews from our guests. The dinner portions were very large and they were accomodating to our guests' dietary needs. They offer a wonderful range of typical wedding foods as well as some very unique and delicious options. They also provide a full bar at a very reasonable cost (some other caterers I spoke to expected us to purchase and provide all of the liquor ourselves - an unwelcome responsibility for the bride and groom in my opinion). They work with another company for the cake and took care of the entire thing. Our cake was truly the most beautiful cake I've ever seen. I can't recommend the team at Jean Jacques enough. Send me a message if you want to discuss my experience, have any questions or would like to hear more about JJ.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Lori · Married on 12/03/2011

We feel that were so lucky to have found Jean-Jaqcues to cater our wedding. The food was fantastic, the people were very nice, and the whole reception ran seamlessly. Our day-of coordinator was very thorough and helpful. I would definitely use them in the future for other catering needs

Sent on 12/11/2011

Meredith · Married on 06/18/2011

JEAN JACQUES CATERING IS BEYOND AMAZING! My husband and I were looking for a unique venue in Westchester County and came across the Marros Estate in Rye, NY. We made an appt to see the venue, and immediately fell in love not only with the location, but the entire staff...they COULD NOT have been friendlier or more accommodating! Every step in the process was effortless! From Jeannette to Jens to the MD and the black tie, white gloved wait staff. The food is simply FABULOUS and presented so elegantly! You do not have to worry about a thing during planning and esp on the BIG DAY if you choose Jean Jacques to plan the biggest day of your life! This is a family owned/operated business, and when you work with them - you really do feel part of their family! A++++++++++
    If you have any questions about them, PLEASE feel free to reach out to me...this summation does not even do their service justice - they are beyond phenomenal! : ) Meredith
    (mreilling@gmail.com)

Sent on 10/28/2011

danielle · Married on 09/10/2010

Before we decided to go with Jean-Jaques we knew we needed to attend the food tasting. We had never been to an event that they catered and being in the food service industry we needed to make sure the food was fantastic!
    From the moment we met Jeannette and her staff we felt like family. They were all so warm and professional. And thankfully the food was amazing!
    My dealings with them during the wedding process were delightful. They were always responsive, helpful and very flexible.
    Unfortunately, the day of the wedding I didn't get to taste much of the food from cocktail hour. However, all of my guests were very immpressed by it and are still talking about how great it was. They all say the quality and quantity were out of this world! Even though I missed the cocktail hour food I did get to eat the food during the reception and it was soooo good...especially the penne vodka and scalloped potatoes! Oh and I cannot forget the cake!!!! It was absolutely beautiful and delicious!
    The staff was amazing...they were very attentive and everything went very smoothly.
    I would highly recommend Jean-Jaques for any event. Also, if you are in Pleasantville you should stop by their store and grab some lunch (or a pastry or two)!!!

Sent on 10/22/2010

Christina · Married on 05/22/2010

AMAZING! We used Jean Jacques for our wedding at the Rowsley Estate in Scarsdale and I could not be happier! Jeannette was easy to work with, very friendly, completely organized. We attended the free tastings and the chef even came out and offered to cook anything we wanted. In his words "it's your wedding... if you have a family recipe you want there, i'll make sure we make it for you." Just incredible. The big day... smooth and perfect! The entire staff was incredible from beginning to end... and the pricing... the best in the area!

Sent on 10/23/2010

Nancy · Married on 08/15/2009

From the very first time we met Jeannette from Jean-Jacques, we knew that we wanted her company to cater our wedding. After the free food tasting we were completely blown away. They offer a wide range of locations we could choose from to get married. We decied on the Rowsley Estate at the Scarsdale Women's Club. The mansion was gorgeous and the grounds very beautiful. Jeannette was very easy to work with, flexible and always answered questions in a timely manner. Jean Jacques also made our three tier wedding cake (lemon/raspberry mouse). The cake was light and one of the best I've ever had. The wait staff was very professional, nice, and efficient one the wedding day. A very special thanks to Jeannie (Maitre'D), who organized everything at the day of the wedding. We couldn't have had such an amazing wedding without all your help. I would highly recommend Jean-Jacques for your event.

Sent on 09/19/2009

Carla · Married on 02/02/2009

I highly recommend this place.Jean-Jacques did an amazing job putting together a extremely rich and original menu.Their staff it without a doubt the best group of professional people we have ever met.They always returned our calls and answered our emails when we had inquiries.You wont regret hiring them!

Sent on 06/17/2009

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2008

Everything was amazingly delicious ... people RAVED about the food. And the entire evening went smoothly thanks to them!

Sent on 01/30/2009

Priscilla · Married on 09/27/2008

Jean-Jacques was probably my favorite vendor throughout the entire wedding planning process. They were very easy to work with, flexible, they offered a free tasting BEFORE booking and returned my emails/phone calls promptly. They offer fantastic quality cuisine at very affordable prices. Their wait staff was very professional, nice, and efficient. I would highly recommend Jean-Jacques for your next event. I only wish they had a regular restaurant where I could go have dinner!

Sent on 10/14/2008

Really wonderful vendor, very professional and flexible. They provided us with the venue for the reception and ceremony, and our wedding cake (cupcake). The space was absolutely lovely at the Rowsley Estate, and the food was great. Also had 2 free tastings, which was a plus! All in all, highly recommended despite a few minor things the day of our wedding, which took off 1/2 star from quality of service:

- Some books we had for display as centerpieces were set with titles upside down. I know they're for decorative purposes but details do matter at a wedding, and I feel that the staff should have been more attentive.
    - They did not know/inform us there would be seat covers on ceremony chairs and thus the aisle decor we had (hanging mason jars) could not be used the day of.
    - Our wedding was at the beginning of July, so it was really hot taking pictures outside. During the cocktail hour, we only saw the maître d' once and we were not able to eat anything as we were preoccupied with the photographer for the entire hour. We would've *really* appreciated if a plate of appetizers were left for us to try afterwards.

But as stated, we were very satisfied at the overall outcome and we loved the coziness and relaxed atmosphere. My husband and I knew we wanted a homey place, and Rowsley Estate really had that down with its location and decor.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Jean-Jacques catered my recent wedding on 4/26/15 at Temple Shaaray Tefila. I can't say enough good things about Jens (one of the owners), who we primarily worked with, and their team. Jens was very responsive during the planning process, and was extremely flexible with our request for a somewhat non-traditional reception style. We wanted to have a cocktail style event, which he happily and creatively accommodated. Many other caterers were very reluctant to do this. They are full service caterers and really take care of almost everything, from the food, bar, cake (included), and helped organize the entire event.
    They food was EXCELLENT, and though we were limited because it was Kosher- style, none of our guests even noticed the absence of pork or shellfish! We got SO many compliments on the food. And the cake (chocolate with ganache frosting) was AMAZING! definitely the best wedding cake I've ever had.
    The wait staff and bartenders were also excellent. After the ceremony, they took my husband and I to the bridal suite, where they had champagne and food waiting for us. Our waitress repeatedly made sure we were eating (we ate at our wedding!!), and continually refilled our drinks.
    My only complaints/ suggestions would be that they don't seem very familiar with specific Jewish customs- i.e. we had to bring in our own Challah for the blessing, and they never served it!! Also, the Maitre D was not familiar with Jewish wedding ceremonies and tried to change the seating sides while the wedding party was rehearsing without me (bride's side/ bridesmaids on right, groomsmen on left, which is opposite of Christian tradition), which luckily I (and the Rabbi) knew was incorrect, and changed back to the correct format (phew!)
    Therefore, if there are specific details that are very important to you, make sure to remind them a few times before the event, and if it's a Jewish event, be in control of the ceremony!
    Overall, we were VERY happy and would use them again!!

Sent on 05/11/2015