20 | Seattle, WA

20 Reviews for Jazz Unlimited Band - SEATTLE'S "BEST" WEDDING & PARTY BAND (5-STARS FOR 10 YEARS)

20 Jazz Unlimited Band - SEATTLE'S "BEST" WEDDING & PARTY BAND (5-STARS FOR 10 YEARS) Reviews
  • Nancyfromak

Nancy · Married on 10/22/2017

Jazz Unlimited was truly one of the highlights of our wedding. I had guest after guest come up to me and mention how fantastic the band was. They were incredibly flexible and easy to work with. They even rearranged their schedules to do a rehearsal with me a few days before the wedding, as a surprise performance for my groom! Such a wonderful, talented, kind and professional group! They were incredible and I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone for any event! Our wedding would not have been the same without these guys. Thanks so much to Duane, Adam, Zane and Robin!

Jazz Unlimited Band - SEATTLE'S "BEST" WEDDING & PARTY BAND (5-STARS FOR 10 YEARS) 1
  • Y

Yulei · Married on 05/14/2016

Perfect performance! They are professional and enthusiastic with music. Everyone loves them at our party. We would love to invite them again to our next party.

• W

Wes · Married on 12/19/2015

Duane and the Band were Amazing! After we found out about them we ended up changing our Wedding date just so we could have them play! We were glad we did! Duane helped so much by providing a wedding planner to guide us through it!
    I was also impressed by their willingness to play and or learn all the songs we requested! So if you want an experience to remember on your Special Day call Duane and he will make it happen! We had a great Venue at the Thornewood Castle, so with all we had invested we wanted everything as wonderful as possible! We were very happy with how he helped us include our special guests perform as well! Totally Satisfied!
    Wes and Annie

Paul · Married on 10/08/2015

Duane and Zane have performed at multiple client functions as well as for personal parties at our home. They are talented, gracious and always a pleasure. I truly appreciate their commitment to helping us make our functions fun, classy and enjoyable for all! I couldn't recommend them more highly!

Denise · Married on 09/17/2015

We hd a jazz trio provide music for our sons rehearsal dinner.
    They were Fantastic!!
    I have nothing but good things to say--great music, nice guys, professional, friendly..
    everyone in attendance ( all 76!) loved them!!

Would totally recommend Jazz Unlimited to anyone in the Seattle area looking for a great group of musicians!

Karen · Married on 08/15/2015

We found the Jazz Unlimited Band in a local wedding magazine for the Pacific Northwest. The Jazz Unlimited Band really helped make our wedding a night to remember! From the beginning of the planning process, Duane was incredibly responsive via email and phone, and he encouraged us to make special requests. When we decided to do a "first performance" (bride singing and groom playing sax) instead of a first dance, Duane and Zane met with us on a weekend to hold a private practice session. Zane created an arrangement of the song of our choice that would work best for what we wanted to do, and we ran through it several times to make sure my groom and I felt comfortable with it. At the wedding, the performance went off perfectly, and everyone loved it! The music was fantastic, and we received numerous compliments from our guests about our "amazing band." The band learned "Rainbow Connection" from the Muppets for our mother-son dance, and Adam sang it beautifully with a slight homage to Kermit the Frog. When we couldn't decide between two last song choices, the band eagerly learned both songs to perform for us. For the ceremony, the band worked with the venue owners to accommodate their rules. They provided us with an acoustic guitar set of all of our favorite songs, which was timed perfectly (especially since we had a fairly long walk to the alter). The acoustic version of "I Want to Hold your Hand" made me tear up--it was so beautiful! All of these additional services and the time spent practicing with us were free of charge. Duane also acted as Master of Ceremony, which was extremely helpful in keeping the night going. The Music Planner worksheet helped us establish a timeline and Duane's announcements kept on us track all night. All in all, the Jazz Unlimited Band was possibly the best vendor choice that we made for our wedding. We are so grateful for everything that they did, and we hope they bring joy to many more loving couples!

Terri · Married on 06/22/2013

Duane and the band were amazing!
    They played everything we requested including a special mash-up for our first dance and they nailed it!
    The band is so versatile and talented they were able to play all kinds of music to keep the party rolling and people on the dance floor.
    Duance did a great job as MC also. He made introductions and kept things moving along nicely. He was fun and upbeat - perfect for a wedding!
    Overall, we were thrilled with the Jazz Unlimited Band!

natalya · Married on 05/25/2013

Duane Wright and the Jazz Unlimited Band were unbelievable! I don't even know where to begin. We met countless times prior to the wedding to get all the details just right. I had special requests for traditional Ukrainian songs and the band played them ALL (even writing out the sheet music for some of them). I met with a few of the band members for a separate practice so that I could perform a special song to my husband and they took time from their evening to give me some coaching and make everything just perfect. Duane was also our MC (which comes included with the package) and was WONDERFUL--everyone that we talked to said that they've never had as much fun at a wedding and that the band was the KEY. For all those considering I-Pod music or a DJ, please please PLEASE re-evaluate your budget and cut out the fancy napkins! You will not regret it. You and your guests will have wonderful memories for a lifetime (and trust me, no one will remember the fancy napkins). Thank you Duane and Jazz Unlimited for making us feel like family. -Andy and Natalya (6.15.13 wedding date).

Lori · Married on 06/15/2012

Jazz Unlimited played at my 50th birthday party in front of about 100 guests. They were enjoyed by everyone! We had a variety of ages represented and were extremely pleased by the band's performance and presence there. The party was a success and we can wholeheartedly say this is due to having Jazz Unlimited entertain us. MY husband and I give them a 5 star rating because all the band members exhibited professionalism, hard work, sincerity, and dedication to making this a fun and memorable evening for us.

Deborah · Married on 08/19/2011

Jazz Unlimited played for our father's 80th birthday. He AND his friends are all going on 21, so, that said, the band was fabulous! Their professional dress and performance was incredible. Totally diverse in their music choices, every genre you could think of was covered. Their MC was perfect in timing and delivery. I can't praise them enough. You will not be disappointed.

Lindsay · Married on 07/23/2011

What can I say? THis band has it all. Duane provided us the best service while we were in the planning stages we could have ever asked for. He was able to put together EXACTLY what we were looking for. We feel we got just the right music, and flavor for both the ceremony and the reception. The musicians were flawless and the guests loved them. Such professionals. All I can say is, I am so glad we found you guys.
    Thanks
    Lindsay Wayne-Porter

• Theusmail

Mike & Vikki · Married on 08/22/2010

Thank you Duane and the Jazz Unlimited Band for making our wedding such a huge success. Our family and special guests could not stop talking about your fantastic music. Choosing your band to perform at our wedding was the single most important decision in planning our wedding.

We and our guests could not get over all your unlimited music. We loved your performance of our classical music selections for our wedding ceremony, such beautiful music with elegance and class. People are still talking about your beautiful arrangement of Ava Maria.

You blew us away when you featured your Rockabilly trio for a surprise floor show at our Cocktail Hour. Man, when you played Rocky-Top and Fire on the Mountain, I thought the audience was going to go wild. And then to think you came back with your Jazz Trio and performed HOT Jazz Classics and HOT Swing numbers.

Thank you for performing our song selections including, "You are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne and the Phil Collins song, "In the Air Tonight: at our reception. Your six piece band with its signature sound and your two fantastic drummers rocked the house.

I could go on and on, but there is so much to thank you for. We love music and have been following musical groups for years. For this reason we only wanted live music for our wedding.

From your Classical Music to your Rockabilly Music, to your Jazz Trio and to your exceptional band, you exceeded our wildest dreams. Your family of musicians and band are truly unique and exceptional. We are so lucky to have found you.

Please let us know where you are performing so we and our friends can come and hear you.
    Thank You - Thank You - Thank You.

Sincerely,
    Mike & Vikki

Jennifer · Married on 08/21/2010

Duane and the Jazz Unlimited Band performed at our wedding on 8/21/2010. I can not express how professional, kind, and talented these men are. Initially we went to meet the band members at the leaders home. They played a few example songs for us, which brought tears to our eyes instantly, and we booked them on the spot. I have to say, I am not one who is often moved by music, but the way these man play is truly amazing. It is very obvious that the band members are professional musicians and love what they are doing.

After the initial meeting, I met Duane a few times to discuss the plans for the wedding. Duane and Adam, the singer/guitar player, also worked with my father (long distance) to perform a custom song for the father-daughter dance. During the wedding, the way Adam sang that song, took my breath away. One of my husbands friends told him, that during this song, there was not one dry eye in the house. It was a moment I will never forget. My parents and husband and I are extremely grateful for the thoughtfulness and willingness of the band to make those special moments.

I planned my wedding myself, which as any bride knows, is not easy and can be very stressful. I have to say, working with Duane and Jazz Unlimited was - easy - and one of the highlights of the planning process. They were a pleasure a work with, and I will always be grateful for that.

These men are extremely talented and they are nice people, which when you are planning an intimate event like a wedding, is very important.

You will absolutely be thrilled if you chose this band. I can not think of any criticism or any thing that I would have wanted done differently. They are wonderful!

Catie · Married on 06/26/2010

Where do I even start? Jazz Unlimted Band was amazing! When looking for music, my husband was hell bent on getting a live band. I wasn't too sure as most the weddings I've been too all had a dj. This was the best money we ever spent.

When I first contacted Duane about his music, I told him I wasn't too sure. He offered my husband and I to come to his private house so his band could preform a little bit for us so we could see what they were like. Oh man, we were blown away. They played everything from The Beattles, to the Grateful Dead, to the oldies and even 80's music (my personal Fav). We left Duane's house so pumped we couldn't wait!
    Finally, the wedding day. The band had everything dialed in! We had them play at our outdoor ceremony....they knew when to incorporate music and when not. When we were announced husband and wife, they played "All you need is love" - Fabulous.

Onto the reception...Let the party begin! My main concern was that I wanted the music to appeal to all ages and I wanted everyone to dance. Dance they did! The band was so receptive and versital...my dad wanted to re-write the lyrics to "What a Wonderful World" to personalize it for me and the band banged it out. After that, the party didn't stop! They had everyone up and dancing, breaking out a sweat. We had a great group of people too...but very mixed company. We had ages 19-97, Washingtonians and New yorkers...people from 14 different states! The music the band played was phenominal. I can't tell you how many times people told me what a fun wedding it was, and I know a lot of it was in thanks to the band. It wouldn't have been the same without it.

I only wish I could hear them play live more often! I highly recommend Jazz Unlimited Band...let them do their thing, they know how to move a crowd.

Catie and Pat Sullivan - Bellingham, WA

Eli & Kathryn · Married on 11/25/2007

After visiting two fantastic Jazz Unlimited Band performances, we decided to take the time to share our experiences with everyone on the internet. Being a lover of good music and a past musician, I can speak from experience when I say the Jazz Unlimited Band is truly a Five Star + Band, with the best musicians and entertainment.

Without doubt, they are headliners of great music in Western Washington.
    It’s amazing how this band can perform all their different styles of music,
    incorporating awesome solos on so many different instruments. They produce so many fantastic, groovy and exciting rhythms. We also loved their male and female Vocalists.

We first heard the Jazz Unlimited Band while attending a Formal Wedding reception at the Hotel Deca in Seattle. They provided classical and popular music for the Wedding Ceremony.

We then heard their Jazz Trio perform in the Foyer, and later listened and danced to their wonderful band in the main Ball Room. We were totally blown away by all the different types of music performed, and they played request after request from the audience which filled the dance floor. We were so impressed that we asked the band where we could come and hear them again. They told us that they would be performing on November 6, 2010 for the Elliott’s Oyster House, New Years Oyster Festival.

On November 6, 2010, we attended the Elliott’s Oyster House, “New Years Oyster Festival”on Pier 56 in Seattle just to hear the Jazz Unlimited Band.

We were in for the surprise of our life because there were 1000 people in attendance. We also found out that the Jazz Unlimited Band also performed for the Oyster Festival in 2009 and was asked back by popular demand to perform in 2010. Their performance was awesome.

Hundreds of people surrounded the stage all evening. They were dancing behind, beside and in front of the stage. Their music and entertaining abilities excited the audience all evening and we got caught up in all the excitement. When they played “Dancing in the Streets, the huge audience went wild. It is not very often that we can see such performances in Seattle. What more can we say? If you want to hear a fantastic band, or are looking for a band, look no further. The Jazz Unlimited Band is truly your Five star Band.

Should you need to verify the contents of this letter, please do not hesitate to call us

Sincerely,

Eli & Kathryn Scott
    425) 508-2023

Robin · event on: 03/23/2013

Love this band! They play a wide variety of music and they are very engaging. Their music is awesome and they get the audience to have fun. You can tell that the band members are all professional musicians.

Lily · Married on 11/22/2014

Duane and his musicians could not have been a more incredible find for my wedding reception. Being a musician myself, I expected to have to go through dozens of bands before finding the perfect fit. Turns out I was wrong: I found their website, listened to ten or so audio clips and decided they were the band for me. Could not have made a better choice.

Duane was responsive from the very beginning. As I mentioned before, I'm a musician myself, so I wanted to dedicate a song to my husband during the reception. Duane was very receptive to the idea and even let me hold two rehearsals free of charge with him and Zane, the pianist. They provided very helpful and educational phrasing and performing tips.

At the wedding reception itself, they definitely set the mood for the party. More than half the guests came up to me to compliment my band choice. Duane and his band performed all of my selections with impressive talent. I had requested "Life's a Happy Song" from the new Muppet movie as the grand entrance song for my husband and I, and to our surprise and delight, they even brought out a Kermit the frog puppet for the song. My song went very smoothly, and they even dedicated Iz's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to me with the guitarist performing on the ukelele. That was definitely a delightful surprise and the highlight of the reception for me. Finally, I mentioned offhand that a couple of my friends were talented swing dancers. I had completely forgotten that I mentioned this, but they played a song specifically for the dancers to wow the crowd.

In short, I would highly recommend Jazz Unlimited to anyone looking for jazzy, swing type music for their reception.

Kayton · Married on 10/04/2015

Absolutely awesome. Jazz Unlimited were so fun. They were even willing to stay for the entire day and manage our sound system for the officiants. Wonderful service, Fun wedding band!

• Q

Quinn · Married on 06/23/2012

Duane and his band are amazing. Our wedding guests had an excellent night due to fun, upbeat hits that Duane and his crew played. Duane also served as our MC at the wedding for toasts, grand entrance of husband and wife and making various announcements to keep things rolling. They also played for our ceremony. We had specific requests, and they nailed it. Perfect. They are very organized, professional and incredibly timely. Thanks Jazz Ulimited for making our wedding a success.

Amanda · Married on 07/18/2010

3.0

We’d been iffy about having a live band at our wedding, but we were very impressed with Jazz Unlimited. They gave us lots of input and helpful lists of recommended songs, which was helpful in designing our ceremony. We did know for sure that we wanted a DJ for the reception, and after some thought decided to use the DJ service provided by Jazz Unlimited as well – bad idea.

During the dinner hour, the band played live jazz music which was awesome, created a great mood, and impressed all our guests. Sadly, this was the only service from Jazz Unlimited that I was happy with. For the ceremony recessional we had wanted a live cover of a Beach Boys song, but they ended up just playing a recording so basically the band only played the processional and a short interlude.

The disappointing part, though, was the DJ. I don’t know why he asked us to put together a list of songs we wanted him to play, because the only times he seemed to use our requests was when we specifically told him “stop playing random music and stick to the list” several times throughout the reception! We gave him enough songs to fill the entire evening and he only played about half of them. The rest of the time he played other music that the guests obviously weren’t enjoying, and he would not emcee or make announcements unless I went over and reminded him that it was time for the bouquet toss, special dances, etc. Luckily, we still had a lot of fun, but I would not recommend this DJ as I had to keep checking in with him about sticking to the songs we wanted and had expected him to prepare ahead of time.

Bottom line –
    Live music: Fantastic for the dinner hour, and good for the ceremony if you make sure you are clear about what you’re looking for. (4+ stars)
    DJ: Should have gone with someone else. (2 stars)