Jay West Reviews

Jay West 3
Jay West 4
Jay West 5

Jessica · Married on 04/17/2009

Jay West really saved me. The place where I originally purchased a dress closed and did not tell anyone a month before my wedding. They allowed me to buy a brand new floor sample (it had just arrived) and taylored it to my body. My only complaint would be with the seamstress, she did not seem to know too well of what she was doing and the dress was not steamed very well. Otherwise, it was great. Just be sure to use a person who specialized in wedding alterations not prom dress alterations.

Sent on 04/27/2009

Regina · Married on 08/12/2006

I purchased my Allue Exclusive gown at Jay West, along with my shoes, veil, tiara and bracelet for my August 2006 wedding. My mother and bridesmaids also purchased their gowns here. We were all pleased with the personal service, attention to detail final products. My consultant helped put together a look for me thatI could not have done myself, helping me pick a shape that suited my figure and adding accessories that went perfect (I still wear the bracelet to this day!). I was very happy and would recommend this store to any bride.

Sent on 12/10/2010

Miranda · Married on 01/11/2002

I have always went to Jay west for all my dresses my whole life, so naturally for my wedding I went there too. I found the most beautiful White Laces Pearl Strand Vera Wang dress, a little pricey, but well worth it

Sent on 09/28/2008

3.5

Sue was great! Treated respectfully & helped me find the dress of my dreams.

Sent on 04/19/2015

Very helpful, made my dress shopping experience easy!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Jaimee · Married on 01/07/2006

This store was perfect for me. It wasn't overwhelming, but it had many beautiful choices.

Sent on 04/12/2008

Katherine · Married on 12/09/2017

When I first got engaged the first place i started was decided on my dress at Jay West. I explained what I wanted and they knew exactly the dress for me. Then when I changed from a beach wedding to a Christmas wedding they were able to make a seamless transition with my already purchased dress helping my brain complete my dream and calm my nerves. Thank you so much for a wedding dress that was absolutely perfect and one that people are still talking about.

Jay West 6
    Jay West 7
    Jay West 8
    Sent on 02/21/2018

Julia · Married on 08/30/2014

Loved the dress I got here. It was classic, timeless, and fit perfectly. It definitely was a little on the pricey end, but absolutely worth it. I was absolutely satisfied with my experience here!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Jay West has a very nice selection of wedding gowns and their staff is quite accommodating. I was happy with their services.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Stefanie · Married on 05/18/2013

3.0

I purchased my gown here and would definitely recommend it for that. The ladies at Jay West were very helpful and supportive! They knew exactly what kinds of dresses I would like and they did not rush me. There were so many wonderful dresses of all varieties, and I found the perfect dress for me! I think any bride will find plenty of dresses to consider, no matter what style she is looking for. I went to several stores and I have to say that they stock excellent designers and that the quality is noticeably and significantly higher than the chain bridal shops. The only negative is that I didn't feel the prices were great (the accessories especially), even with the higher quality, but they offer a discount if you buy the same day you try it on, so I took advantage of that. All in all, a great experience!

Sent on 04/27/2013

Julia · Married on 06/26/2011

I went searching High and low for a wedding dress and had probably been to over 10 diffrent stores. The staff at Jay West was so nice and helpful. I went there 4 diffrent times to try on the dress I finally bought and they never onced made me feel pressured to buy or annoyed I was "back again" Also if you pay for the dress in full up front they give you a disscount on the dress which was great! Working with them was a pleasure and I woudl go back!

Sent on 08/05/2011

Jenna · Married on 06/24/2011

They were great through everything. They were patient and very flexible. Was able to keep everything there until the day before the wedding. The only issue I had was that I was supposed to pick everything up at 11am the day of the rehearsal, but the dress didn't wind up being ready until 1pm. Making me extremely late to other appointments that day, which then in turn almost made me miss my own rehearsal/rehearsal dinner.

Sent on 07/19/2011

Jenna · Married on 05/28/2011

I was very pleased with Jay West. Make sure that you ask for Kayla she is the best.

Sent on 07/04/2011

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2007

Some of the women who helped me were fantastic. Unfortunately, I can't remember names. If they are busy, some of the women working there can be a bit impatient, but overall, I really enjoyed my experience and loved my dress!

Sent on 11/11/2008

I loved my dress and the staff was very helpful. The fitting area is very tiny.

The alterations cost about $100 more then originally quoted and the bustle didn't stay up. I ended up having to tie my dress in a knot to keep it from hanging. The dress was also a little too long. After 3 meetings with the seamstress, I wish it was perfect.

Sent on 09/02/2013

3.5

Jay Wesr had a great selection of wedding gowns to choose from. Everyone I worked with was great, but the seamstress I used from Jay West was awesome. She was very reasonably priced and did an awesome job. I was also happy to find out they can keep your dress at the store until the week of the wedding which made everything very easy.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/07/2008

4.2

The wedding dress selection at Jay West was exactly what I was looking for...there were dresses that were low, mid and high priced and the saleswomen did not try to steer you to what worked best for them. I loved my salesperson, Janet, who was incredibly honest and chose dresses that flattered my shape. The dress I ended up selecting was beautiful and I received rave reviews during the wedding. I will definitely revisit Jay West for other formal dresses and apparel.

Sent on 06/24/2008

Mallory · Married on 06/19/2010

4.2

I got my dress, veil, and shoes at a sample sale! Awesome value! Some of the workers are kind of snooty. But one lady was super helpful!

The tailor is this Italian lady...who was nice. Even though my dress fit perfectly and all I needed done was the train to be bundled or whatever for the reception, she took it upon herself to take my dress in. She made my dress too small so it had to be taken out. All of which was needless since I hadn't asked for that. Turned out fine in the end...but was kind of a pain.

Sent on 07/10/2011
  • danettermay

Danette · Married on 07/04/2009

3.0

Jay West was the absolute best choice for my wedding dress and my mom also found her MOB dress there as well. I was happy with absolutely everything, price, selection, alterations, and i was IN LOVE with the end result, MY WEDDING DRESS. Only one thing that I was REALLY disapointed about and I thought was a little unprofessional was that my dress came in a big pink garbage sack and not a really dress bag to protect my dress. That was tacky and caused lots of worry and stress about transporting the dress. I still love my dress and Jay West was a very nice dress shop with helpful, knowledgable and kind dress ladies. THanks!

Sent on 07/23/2009

3.5

I thought they were very helpful! The prices were a little high but the dresses were nice.

Sent on 12/16/2014

I looked at Jay West for wedding dresses and although I didn't a dress that I wanted, everyone was very helpful, polite and genuine. It was a great first dress shopping experience even though I didn't ultimately end up getting my dress there.

I ended up getting my bridesmaids dresses and my veil from Jay Wet. They offered a nice discount for my bridesmaids (I had 5 girls) and the veil was beautiful and worked perfectly with my dress.

I was super happy with Jay West and would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 09/01/2014

3.0

The staff Very pleasant to work with.

Sent on 11/03/2013

3.0

Dresses were very pricey, but the worker helped me find a dress for my event after trying on 5+ dresses.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/07/2013

The staff at Jay West are always helpful and courteous. They helped me find the perfect dress, shoes and veil. Great selection of dresses. The only negative was the seamstress. It took several trips there (during the last 2 weeks of wedding crunch/stress time). She messed the hem up a couple times and did not have the dress ready for me when I went to pick it up. Had to wait an hour or more each time.

Sent on 10/09/2013

3.5

I absolutely loved my dress and received so many compliments on it. I wasn't sure what style of dress I was after- I loved ball gowns and mermaids equally! I first went to another more upscale boutique where the woman helping me was obviously frustrated by this, and stopped my appointment short until I could make up my mind. The woman who helped me at Jay West was so patient, and after trying on twenty dresses I said yes at my first visit to a lace mermaid with some beading. This salon is no frills, but you will find a great selection of dresses, patient and helpful consultants, and reasonable prices- everything I could ask for!

Sent on 10/19/2013