Jay West Reviews

Jay West 3
Jay West 4
Jay West 5

Kristen · Married on 11/06/2010

I purchased my wedding dress, the bridesmaid dresses, the flower girl dress, and my mom even bought her dress here as well. Everything came in correctly and on time and the alterations worked out wonderfully! Kay did mine and was so flexible about meeting times, which was very helpful since I live out of state.

Sent on 12/21/2010

Michele · Married on 10/23/2010

Jay West was the perfect wedding day shopping experience!

From the day that I called them with questions about the designer of my dream dress, to the fittings, to the day I picked my dress up, everyone was professional and wonderfully helpful.

I can't thank the ladies enough!

Sent on 10/25/2010
  • Bkidsocr

Brandy · Married on 09/26/2010

I purchased my dress from Jay West, as well as my earrings for my wedding. The staff was amazing, their selection is top notch. They took care of everything up through alterations.

Sent on 10/18/2010
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/28/2010

A wonderful gem of a store in the heart of haddonfield. As high school students, my friends and I always talked about going to the basement to try on wedding gowns when we shopped for prom dresses there.

I was so excited when I found out they had the dress i fell in love at another store down the shore and that they would match the price. Melissa took such good care of me at the store she's a buyer and really knows the merchandise in the store. When I wasn't sure about the color or the size she had the manufacturer bring in a "loaner" gown just so i could be absolutely sure before i placed my order.

3 months later we went back to look at Bridesmaid dresses, at first i dismissed it as an option fearing they would be to expensive for my girls. But we found a reasonably priced dress that all the girls loved and felt really comfortable in. With the discount i received from purchasing my dress the Bridesmaids dresses were way under budget. I was also able to order extra fabric to make something custom for my girls and pocket squares for the guys.

3 months after that i got the call that my dress and the bridesmaids dresses had arrived. Everything came in perfect! The BM dresses were the perfect shade (its so hard when you have to pick from a 2"x2" square) We ordered my headpiece and veil as well and started the fittings with their seamstress Antoinette, who does beautiful work.

No matter how many times i came in the shop (picking things out, ordering, trying on accessories, fittings, checking my veil with my hair trail) they never got sick of my face. The shop is clean, well staffed, and always organized. The people who work there are helpful, organized, kind and efficient. They have a great selection and its always fun to see the crazy prom dresses. They are accommodating to groups and there are plenty of little shops and bistros and starbucks around that you can easily make a day out of it.

Sent on 09/10/2010

Stephanie · Married on 08/21/2010

I was so pleased that a friend recommend Jay West to me. I absolutely LOVED my dress and couldn't be happier with the service I received. My phone calls were returned promptly and everyone was helpful at the store. Kay was an absolutely sweetheart to work with for alterations! LOVED my dress and would recommend Jay West to anyone looking for the perfect dress :)

Sent on 10/12/2010

Lauren · Married on 08/07/2010

Quality of the dresses are great!! Melissa is the best and Kay was awesome with alterations. So much gorgeous jewelry and head pieces to chose from for all different prices. Would highly recommend

Sent on 08/26/2010

Judith · Married on 07/17/2010

I am so pleased that I choose Jay West to purchase my wedding and bridesmaid dresses. As an older bride, I had a specific idea in mind, and Sue was so helpful in finding the perfect dress. The dress did not come in the the color I wanted and she called the manufacturer. I ended up getting the dress in the right color. I later purchased the bridesmaids dresses and too was very satisfied. Sue and all the sales associates were most helpful and accommodating. Every visist to the shop was a pleasant experience. It was the personal touch that made my experience so wonderful!

Sent on 08/09/2010

Joyce · Married on 01/31/2009

Jay West helped me find my dress on the first day I looked at dresses. I found the perfect dress there. My dress was made to fit me. And I have heard horror stories about hollow-to-hem measurements, but my dress came out perfectly. And their seamstress made the perfect alterations to make my dress fit perfectly!

Sent on 02/17/2009

Portia · Married on 07/19/2008

outstanding quality and service, many classic styles, good value, very professional seamstress

Sent on 10/24/2008

Toni · Married on 05/31/2008

Jay West has beautiful dresses and great customer service. I was very happy with my dress and my bridesmaid dresses.

Sent on 12/19/2008

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2007

Great selection for what I was looking for. Very personable and willing to help you find the dress of your dreams. Also got my jewelry there and it was not pricey, but looked like a million bucks on.

Sent on 08/22/2008

Ally · Married on 06/20/2007

Very nice and beautiful dresses. Very helpful. Gave me 50% off on a sample gown. Handled all alterations. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 05/15/2008

melissa · Married on 02/01/2014

Jay West made every experience from buying the gown, to trying it on after it came in, to getting alterations an exciting experience. They were genuinely invested in finding the perfect dress for me and then making it perfect. Kay, on the alterations team, took her time with my dress and made it fit just right. She was so much fun to work with! I highly recommend buying your wedding gown at Jay West.

Sent on 02/13/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2012

I purchased my bridal gown, veil, and hairpiece from Jay West and I was floored by the whole experience. The staff there is so professional and friendly, and the service is top-notch. Definitely on the higher-end, price-wise, but the selection, service, and communication help soften the blow. Would definitely recommend to any local bride to at least visit!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Dana · Married on 06/22/2012

Melissa at Jay West is amazing! She helped me pick out my wedding dress by truly listening to my likes and dislikes and bringing me dresses accordingly. She even helped me get the store to honor the price I had seen of the same dress at another store. She also picked out a veil for me that matched perfectly and wasn't outrageously priced. My alterations were also done at Jay West and they turned out great!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Christina · Married on 10/09/2011

I wouldn't have wanted to get my wedding dress anywhere else! Jay West has a great collection and wonderful employees. They were helpful and responsive and so professional. I was thrilled with my dress!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Stephanie · Married on 05/30/2010

Jay West was such a pleasure to work with! I had interactions with many different staff members and they were all so pleasant. I was getting married in NJ, but I live in MD and everyone was so accommodating with my schedule. One of the girls, Melissa, was even going to come in on her day off to make sure my dress was exactly how I wanted it. I also got my bridesmaids' dresses and my veil at Jay West. All of my girls had good experiences too. Antoinette was my seamstress and she did an amazing job! Everyone said my dress was beautiful and that it looked like it was made for me. Antoinette made it fit perfectly. I literally tried on 30 or more dresses at shops in NJ and MD. Jay West really had a great selection of dresses and a wonderful staff. I had an awesome dress buying experience and most importantly, I LOVED MY DRESS!!!

Sent on 06/05/2010

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

One of the more exciting yet potentially difficult things as a bride is finding your dress! I wanted to find something that suited me without all the fuss (not my style). Jay West was the absolute perfect bridal shop. If you make an appointment be sure to ask for Melissa. Of all the bridal shop attendants I worked with, she was by far superior in quickly understanding what I was looking for and provided dresses that worked with my style and were in my price range. She made me feel special yet comfortable. No, they’re not the type of shop that will start screaming when you do say yes to the dress but they still make you special and will ensure that you receive everything you need to make your day perfect. Melissa connected me with a jeweler who custom made a bracelet and earrings to match my dress and my grandmother’s necklace I wanted to wear which added a special touch to my entire outfit.
    An understated piece in all bride’s outfits is the veil; Jay West had many options to help me find one that flowed perfectly with the pattern in my dress!
    Overall, I was so pleased I went back and my bridesmaids purchased their GORGEOUS dresses from there as well. Even through the one or two issues/emergencies we had Jay West worked through everything professional and promptly fixed the issues.

Jay West 6
    Jay West 7
    Jay West 8
    Sent on 10/12/2018

I bought my wedding dress at Jay West, and had a great experience. The bridal consultant was incredibly patient with me (I was very indecisive about finding a dress). I ended up getting something that was completely different from my original vision, but I love it. I would never have thought of trying it on if the bridal consultant did not suggest it to me. Jay West has much better hours than any other bridal store I've been to (open late on weekdays and Sat/Sun), which makes it very convenient for someone who works a lot during the work. Every time I have called to check on my order or set up appointments, they have been incredibly friendly, and it is very comforting working with such friendly people.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Beautiful selection of dresses and friendly, helpful staff!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Marissa · Married on 10/15/2011

Jay West is a gem! I purchased both my dress and veil from this Haddonfield boutique and we got both of the mothers' dresses here as well. The staff, especially Patty, was always cheerful and ready to help in any way possible. They constantly went above and beyond to ensure everything came in correct and was delivered better than expected. They truly made be feel like a bride at my first visit, which had not been the case when I had visited The Bridal Garden in Cherry Hill earlier that same day. I had been to Jay West before my wedding for special occasion dresses and plan to go there again in the future when such a need arises.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Christine · Married on 10/08/2011

I got my wedding dress here. While I don't think they are the cheapest bridal salon, I was really happy with my dress. I wanted to change one thing about the skirt and they contacted the designer for me and were able to get me what I wanted.
    The service was very friendly and I really liked their seamstress. she did an awesome job tailoring my dress.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Tamara · Married on 11/05/2010

I wound up getting my wedding dress here, and they were AMAZING!!! Every step of the way I felt like they wanted my business. They did it with sincerity, and a smile! Kaye was my alterations lady, and she was FANTASTIC!!!! The dresses are GORGEOUS, and there are MANY to choose from!!!! They are on the pricy end, but the quality is unmatched!!!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Courtney · Married on 03/12/2010

Jay West was a pleasure to deal with, especially Patty who helped me with not only my dress, but also my maid of honor and flower girl dresses. Kay who did my alterations was wonderful to work with as well. In total I purchased my gown, my veil, my flower girl gowns, and my maid of honor gown at Jay West, as well as my jewelry and shoes. All items came in before expected and I felt their prices were more than reasonable. The staff is very personable and is there to ensure you look and feel your best on your big day. I would highly recommend Jay West.

Sent on 03/29/2010

Colleen · Married on 08/15/2009

I originally found a picture of my wedding dress online. I searched high and low for it and the only place I could find it was at Jay West. Not only that, but I got an amazing deal on it because it was a trunk show. Everybody in the shop was extremely nice and very professional. The seamstress Charlotte is truly a master at what she does and my dress was perfect for the wedding. I'm from Pennsylvania but it was definitely worth the drive into New Jersey to have such a pleasant experience with my wedding dress.

Sent on 09/03/2009