Jay West Reviews

Jay West 3
Jay West 4
Jay West 5

Janine · Married on 07/19/2014

So many people say the dress shopping process is stressful but that was not my experience at all with Jay West. My consultant pulled a variety of styles for me and it was easy to see what I hated (anything poofy, anything strapless, anything "princess"). I tried on about 10 dresses and decided on one that I loved that first day. What really stood out to me here was my alterations. Kay was simply amazing. She had me come in several times to make sure it was just right. When she was all finished with my dress, it fit like a glove and I can't even tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my dress. I wish I could attach a picture here because it was stunning. After the wedding reception was over, we went to a bar and random girls in the bar were screaming at me and taking pictures with me like I was some kind of celebrity because they said my dress was so gorgeous. It was kind of crazy actually. Basically I wanted to live in the dress. It was perfect!!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2014

A great place with a lot if choice and a helpful staff. Donna was a fantastic help!

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 04/25/2014

I WISH I could upload a picture with this review because my dress was beautiful. It was only the 2nd dress I tried on and we knew it was the one. We worked with Melissa in sales and Kay was our seamstress. They were both fantastic to work with. Kay even came in on a Saturday morning to meet with me for a fitting because I live in DC. Haddonfield is a great town too - grab your bridesmaids, grab some lunch and go dress shopping!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Dicelle · Married on 03/22/2014

I went dress shopping in October 2013 for my March 2014 wedding. Jay West was the first shop on my schedule and I did not need to go anywhere else. Janet was my consultant and she was very nice, efficient and helpful. I showed her pictures of what I had in mind, tried on a bunch and eventually ended up with the first dress I tried on, which was gorgeous and happened to be a sample sale. They have a pretty good selection and reasonable prices. They were also very easy to work with in terms of scheduling fittings etc. (Antionette did my alterations). Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Courtney · Married on 01/31/2014

I'm so happy that I found Jay West when I was shopping for my bridal gown! The selection of dresses was gorgeous and the service was wonderful. Janet helped me find my perfect gown and Kay made sure it fit perfectly. They were always very helpful and accommodating. I would recommend them to any bride looking for her gown!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Marissa · Married on 11/09/2013

I was lucky enough to have Susan, the owner of the store, as my bridal assistant the day I went in. It was the first time I was trying on dresses, and she was so great. I gave her my budget and told her I would try on anything, as I really didn't know what I wanted. As we went through the dresses and I said 'yes' or 'no', she was able to figure out what my style was. After trying on a few dresses, I found THE one. It wasn't like they show on TV where I started crying when I put it on, but I just knew that it was beautiful, and it was me! Susan was so patient and helpful, and has been great to work with since then.

My mom also got her mother-of-the-bride dress there. It was a bit of a fiasco because she waited too long to order the dress and the designer no longer had it in her size, but in a size smaller and bigger. Susan bugged the designer for weeks to get those dresses in and promised my mom they would either take one out or the other one in so she could have this dress. The smaller size dress came in and it was even a tad too big! Thanks to Susan for all her hard work getting this dress.

I also ordered my bridesmaid dresses there, and everyone was helpful and it was quick and easy. It's an added bonus that the girls get 15% off if you bought your dress there!

Sent on 09/24/2013

I purchased my wedding gown from Jay West. Each person that I dealt with there was amazing. There was never a mistake along the way! The seamstress Antoinette is also really amazing to work with. They really are the best around.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2013

I got my wedding dress at Jay West for my wedding on 9/14/13 and I LOVED it. They have so many dresses there I probably tried on about 15. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Kay did the alterations on my dress and she was amazing! She did such a great job and was only happy once everything was perfect! I got so many compliments on my dress the day of the wedding and felt absolutely stunning. I recommend looking at Jay West for your wedding dress!

Sent on 10/06/2013

My daughter bought her wedding gown off the rack at Jay West. Before purchasing we asked the seamstress if it can be made to fit and approx. how much would it cost. The dress fit great and it was on budget. Their jewelry is way overpriced.

Sent on 08/13/2013
  • Stacie

Stacie · Married on 06/29/2013

Jay West was a great place to get my wedding dress and accessories. We also got the Mother of the Bride and Groom dresses and bridesmaids dresses from Jay West. The staff was always friendly!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Liz · Married on 06/23/2013

By far one of my favorite vendors! Jay West was about an hour and 15 minutes from my home, but I never minded the drive. I knew I would be met with their friendly, professional staff who were always organized and who went beyond their call of duty. I bought my gown, veil, earrings, necklace, and bracelet at Jay West and not all at once... So every time an item would arrive, they would call and let me know. My only regret is that I did not get the bridesmaids' dresses there. We went somewhere closer to home, some of my girls were measured completely wrong, and when we asked that shop to order more material, the cost was soooo high. I contacted Jay West because I knew they also sold that line and surprise surprise, the material was HALF the cost that our Bridesmaids shop was trying to charge! Jay West employees are honest, caring, and deserve a raise :)

I highly recommend Jay West for bridal!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Renee · Married on 06/01/2013

Love the seamstress! At my fitting, the lady was was helpful and it was easy to make all appointments.

Sent on 05/11/2013

Natasha · Married on 05/31/2013

Jay West was such a pleasure to work with when searching for my wedding gown! Out of all the local bridal shops I visited, Jay West was the most helpful and accommodating. Melissa and all of the other ladies were wonderful the three times I came in to try on dresses. Melissa was really patient with me as I tried on dress after dress, even though I had basically found the one after the second dress I put on, but kept second guessing myself! I never felt pressured to buy anything and they were all very honest with me about what looked good on my body, which was refreshing since all the other shops said EVERYTHING looked great and that was NOT the case since I am a curvy petite. They were also very conscious of budget constraints and only showed me dresses in my price range (which by the way, was pretty low, so don't be fooled into thinking they only carry "high priced" dresses, because that is not the case!).

Placing my order was easy as well and they didn't try to "size me up" like I've heard about other shops doing. To top it off, the dress came in about a month earlier than what they told me, which I was super happy about! Jay West was also very courteous upon pickup and did not guilt trip me when I told them I had someone else doing alterations, which was a relief since I dreaded telling them.

Overall, I had a wonderful experience with Jay West, and recommend them highly!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Diane · Married on 05/11/2013

Patti at Jay West was wonderful to work with. She helped me find the dress of my dreams. She was patient and helped me see the big picture of the day (for envisioning my dress). When there was a problem at the factory with my dress, they ensured it got urgent attention. A great experience all around.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Heather · Married on 11/04/2012

I am so happy I went to Jay West for my wedding dress! The staff there are professional and friendly and really listen to their customers. My dress was absolutely perfect the day of and I wish I could wear it everyday! :-) Thank you to all the staff at Jay West!!

Sent on 12/26/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 11/03/2012

love my dress, always received excellent service and Kay works wonders with alterations -- I lost alot of weight after ordering and she basically had to re-do the bead work in the bodice. I

Sent on 10/25/2013

Chrissy · Married on 10/26/2012

The staff at Jay West is great! Very helpful and organized! My alterations were done by Kay and she is fantastic! So sweet and works extremely hard. I loved my dress and I am happy that the staff at Jay West steered me in the right direction! Thank you!

Sent on 10/28/2012

I loved, loved, loved my experience with Jay West. They helped me find exactly what I was looking for in a wedding dress. The staff were all so polite! The seamstress was amazing! She did an amazing job! I would highly recommend them. (They are NOT overpriced like everyone thinks!)

Sent on 01/16/2015

Ania · Married on 07/07/2012

All the staff at Jay West made dress shopping and fittings such a pleasure! They are all so helpful and wonderful to work with. Kay is the most amazingly skilled seamstress - she made alterations to my extremely complicated dress for a very reasonable fee and made it fit perfectly!

Sent on 08/06/2012

I purchased both my dress and my bridesmaids dresses here. The staff was very helpful and made trying on dresses an exciting and joyful experience. Also- because I purchased my dress there my maids got a discount on their dresses which made everyone happy. Also- they have a wide variety of dresses to choose from. Overall- great experience!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2012

I had an absolutely wonderful experience at Jay West. It ended up being my one and only stop for my bridal gown. Patti was extremely helpful and patient! I brought in some magazine photos of the kind of dresses I liked. Patti helped me gather several dresses that were similar to the style I was looking for. Once we found the gown she helped me (on a few different occasions) with choosing the right jewelry, veil and hair piece. I will definitely be recommending Jay West to my friends. Thanks for a wonderful experience :)

Sent on 07/12/2012

Marjorie · Married on 10/22/2011

I LOVED my dress. they were all very professional and helpful. Patty was great. Thanks Jay West!!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Cait · Married on 08/06/2011

I had a wonderful experience at Jay West. Everyone was so nice and professional. I purchased my bridal gown, my jewelry (at the Finishing Touches Sale), my bridesmaid dresses, and my mother's dress. When my mom didn't like the first dress she purchased, they really worked with her to find a new dress (and were EXTREMELY reasonable about the exchange!) I've been to Jay West now for numerous occasions, including my proms and my 4 sisters proms. I've never had a single problem.

Sent on 08/22/2011

Laura · Married on 07/16/2011

I had an awesome experience with Jay West and the seamstress they provided me with. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 07/24/2011
  • Parveen

Parveen · Married on 11/20/2010

Jay West bridal came to my rescue for my wedding day! I had only three months to plan my wedding, and the team at Jay West made everything so easy. They worked with me to get me in for an appointment right away. The first dress I picked ended up being the "ONE". I knew it as soon as I tried it on. Antoinette, their extremely talented seamstress, took a dress that was two sizes too big and made it fit perfectly! They were all such wonderful ladies to work with!

Sent on 02/28/2011