Jay Grubb Photography Reviews

Jay Grubb Photography 6
Jay Grubb Photography 7
  • Roderick

Roderick · Married on 04/11/2019

The Best there is, the Best there was, the Best there ever will be!

Jay is everything a photographer should be and more. Not only a master of his equipment, but also insync with his clients. Jay could sense when we were antsy and would check with us in between shots to see how we were doing. His politeness and efficiency during family formals was superb considering how challenging our family can be to get on the same page haha. Jay's style was everything we wanted it was very candid and non intrusive. Every now and then he would simply re-position us for better shots, but in a way that was still natural. You'll hear a lot of vendors during the planning process and wedding day say ,"It's your day." Jay had a ton of awesome ideas, but truly let us decide how we wanted to proceed. Emotional intelligence is priceless and having the awareness of others feelings/emotions during day like this makes it so much better. I can most definitely vouch for Jay in this regard. My wife and I couldn't have been happier with our choice. It's truly Jay's priceless intangibles as a person that contribute to his end products, and for that I'm grateful.

Sent on 04/14/2019

Jay Grubb Photography's reply:

Thanks Roderick for such an amazing review and delighted I exceeded your expectations both with the photos and professionalism on your wedding day. By the way I already shipped your USB and hard drive. Wahoo!!!
  • Tyler

Tyler Culver · Married on 03/30/2019

We had a blast!

We’re so glad that we picked Jay Grubb Photography. We ordered the silver combination package (photo, video -they use a drone!- and photo booth). Jay and his team were so much fun to work with, as well as super professional, kind, and knowledgeable. Leading up to and throughout our wedding day, Jay gave us lots of helpful tips and guidance so that we could capture a ton of special moments. We had some super fun poses and he was able to utilize our venue to take some awesome pictures. His team was wonderful, flexible and efficient (we got our unedited pictures back within a week!). We would highly recommend.

Sent on 04/14/2019

Anna · Married on 11/24/2018

So patient!!

Jay was one of the most incredible photographers I've worked with. Not only was he extremely patient with everyone during the formal photos, he was very informative about details of each shot. And what's great is that there were times when we barely noticed he was there! We are excited to see how the photos turn out!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2018

Jay is amazing to work with. He makes you feel so at ease when you are taking photos. He had such a fast turn around with the photos, I was actually quite surprised at how fast he got them to us. Also, when I had questions he responded quickly and was very helpful. All of my engagement photos looked so good, it makes me so excited for my wedding in September of 2018.

Sent on 01/31/2018

Sasha · Married on 09/15/2018

Jay was great! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer that truly knows what they are doing. He’s friendly, professional and good with guiding you to take the very best photos :) we could not be happier we chose him !

Sent on 09/17/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing professionalism!!

My husband and I can not brag enough about Jay! He was amazing from the moment we hired him until the moment he left the night of the wedding. He calmed me and my bridesmaids when we were feeling anxious and flustered about time when getting ready. He was very professional yet relaxed and reassuring which was key to the mood and energy in the room and also while he was taking photos. Amazing is an understatement!! Thank you Jay for making our day comfortable and memorable!!!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • F

Freddy · Married on 09/01/2018

We had our engagement photo session with Jay at the St. Augustine Lighthouse this past Sunday and we had nothing short of a great experience! He was timely and very accommodating, very pleasant and easy to work with. He made us feel comfortable during the shoot and he was a total trooper as we climbed a few hundred steps to the top of the lighthouse! We received the proofs for our review very quickly and they look absolutely amazing; we cannot wait to see how the final ones turn out! I highly recommend his services for any of your special occasion!

~ Freddy M.

Sent on 02/07/2018

Clint · Married on 07/21/2018

Mr. Jay was on time and got to work immediately! He captured every single moment at the perfect angle! The pictures are absolutely amazing! He kept the pictures flowing and knew exactly what needed to be captured!! It would be a HUGE mistake not to pick Jay Grubb to take your pictures for your event!

Sent on 08/07/2018

suhalia · Married on 06/23/2018

He was absolutely amazing and do great to work with.

I want to to start off my saying thank you so much to Jay for capturing our beautiful wedding day. We are still basking in the joy of having all of our family and friends at our wedding and we can look back at your amazing photos and remember the wonderful moments. You made our vision and dream come true. It was absolutely amazing!!! There are so many pictures to share I haven’t a clue where to begin. Thank you so much! If you’re looking for excellence and magic in every photo you’ll find it with jay grubb photography!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Jay Grubb Photography 8
    Jay Grubb Photography 9
    Jay Grubb Photography 10

Shauna · Married on 04/20/2018

I cannot begin to explain how happy I am with the decision to book Jay for our photos!!! His work really spoke for itself and the photos online looked amazing! After meeting Jay and working with him I can honestly say we couldnt have made a better pick! The photos are stunning and I thought the suspense was going to kill me but he had them up on his wasy to use gallery that evening! After we made our selections our photos were ready to download. The website is easy to order from and view the photos on as well! I am so happy I will he using Jay for any photos we need forever!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Emanuel · Married on 04/20/2018

From the moment we decided to have a wedding I began searching for the perfect photographer. Yes you read that right I searched for the photographer first because lets be honest a great photographer can make anything look amazing! There was this one photo online that captured my attention and I kept going back to it. The light, the balance, the composition, the creativity, the scene...it was everything we needed to capture our moment. We were having our wedding at the beautiful Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens and needed the right person to showcase it. Jays website was a breeze after having searched through so many. He responded at lightning speed for everything and always honestly. Jays ala carte setup was budget friendly and allowed us to get exactly what we wanted without any of the pricey things we didn't need. We chose his Silver Package and added the photo booth and album (best decision ever! those pictures were hilarious and turned our wedding into a blast for our guests not to mention you get to see them right away) as well as the video and engagement session (we recommend the longer engagement session, practicing with the photographer made a huge difference for us and allowed us to relax and let Jay create his masterpieces on the actual day of ). I knew the second I saw our first photo that hiring Jay was the best decision I could have made. From the beginning to the end Jays personality kept everyone at ease and having fun. Jay can get along with anyone and anything (there was a snake, a couple of penguins, and a peacock there). Jay somehow even convinced the groom to get into the ocean in January for the most amazing engagement day photo I could have ever imagined and he also convinced my mother to get up and dance at my reception and captured the moment too. He was always there but barely seen. He kept everyone on track and always kept my vision in mind! Jay was incredible and exceeded our expectations and we are fans for life!

Sent on 05/08/2018
    Jay Grubb Photography 11
    Jay Grubb Photography 12

Jordan · Married on 02/28/2018

Very beautiful photos!!! I hired Jay to pose as a tourist while I proposed to my now fiancé at Florida Caverns. He did a beautiful job staying candid and the photos are all gorgeous even in the low lighting.

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 02/24/2018

We could not be happier, he was wonderful, great communication, came early to check out the venue, was so friendly and set us at ease, and the pictures were absolutely beautiful, the formals were prefect and he got so many amazing candids, we got them back so quickly. I would have 0 issues recommending him!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Jay Grubb Photography's reply:

Thank you for having me be a part of the day!

Rachael · Married on 01/31/2018

Hands down, Jay is THE best in the Photography and Video Business! He was extremely thorough throughout the planning, answering all questions. He was very responsive to messages via email as well as phone calls and text messages. On our wedding day, Jay was very punctual and professional. He arrived early and even researched our chosen first look location, to find unique photo opportunities. His quality of work is nothing short of amazing and worth every penny. He is a professional. Let him do what he excels at and take his advice. He assisted us with choosing the proper package for our needs as well as capturing our visions on our wedding day. When shopping for a photographer, we knew what style we wanted, and came across his work. He delivered photos that were more than we could have asked for and he did everything that he stated he would do. His packages are priced accordingly with his work, and we loved that he gave us so many photos to choose for our package. His turn around time for our photo proofs was great as well. Before we left for our honeymoon the following day, he had our wedding proofs uploaded for us to view! We also received our raw footage video the day of our wedding. Jay was wonderful to work with and we look forward to having him capture more of life’s moments when we return to Florida again!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Laura · Married on 01/27/2018

Jay did an amazing job for our wedding. We planned the wedding from on the other side of the globe as we live in Japan and were getting married in St Augustine, and Jay was able to help us out for the entire process.

During the day of, we had a plan for how we wanted the day to go, but when we had to adjust on the fly he was able to roll with the changes. He knocked out the required family photos after the ceremony with quick speed because no one enjoys that part of the experience.

We also used his photo booth service and he had an attendant, Connor (I think that was his name) who did a great job as well. The set up for the photo booth fit the decor (get the winebox), and the provided props were outstanding.

Our photos turned out great, our guests loved their photo strips, and we got to keep duplicates that were put inside a photo album for us.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Natalie · Married on 12/27/2017

Jay was the photographer at our wedding in December. He was awesome. We also rented his photo booth and our guest had a ball. He is very patient. My proofs are great and I cannot wait to get the final prints. I would use him again for his services.

Sent on 03/15/2018

SARAH · Married on 11/12/2017

Definitely book Jay! Jay is truly a master of his craft! We booked him for an engagement session at an unusual location. Jay did a lot research, had great ideas, and helped us with poses, while at the same time creating a very comfortable and fun environment! A few days later, I suprisingly received a message the pics were ready for review. The proofs were absolutely stunning! We can't thank him enough. The whole process of inquiring, to booking, to taking the pics, and then reviewing the pics have been seamless!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Diana · Married on 10/28/2017

Cannot express enough how amazing and wonderful it was to work with this team of highly professional, and friendly photographers and videographers. Jay, along with his lead photographer, Jeremy and other fantastic team members truly were the best to work with on a day that seemed to speed by in the blink of an eye. The post production is well worth the wait for what will be a magical story for you and your spouse to be able to remember with motion picture quality photos and videos that help you remember those little details that made the Wedding Day so special. Thank you Jay Grubb and team for making our wedding day smooth and fun, and helping us keep those special memories alive with such vivid and spectacular quality!

Sent on 03/25/2018
    Jay Grubb Photography 20
    Jay Grubb Photography 21
    Jay Grubb Photography 22

Courtney · Married on 10/14/2017

Jay did an amazing job at capturing our wedding! The first look, ceremony, family photos, and bridal party photos are outstanding. I have looked at them over and over again! He also did a great job at really capturing the moment at the reception. He was able to get a lot of guest photos that I look forward to sharing with them! Jay has a special talent and I would recommend him to anyone! Thanks Jay!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Caleb · Married on 10/07/2017

Incredibly professional. I believe that we got a heck of a deal. The pictures are beautiful! Jay did a great job rallying all of my groomsman together to get the pictures that we needed, even though they were faded by that point lol. He knew exactly what Photos look good and made it easy for us to pose, which we are especially grateful considering that we are camera shy. All in all, I would highly recommend

Sent on 12/05/2017

Colleen · Married on 10/01/2017

I want to start by saying I have never wrote a review...EVER.
    My husband and I just got married at The Henderson Resort on October 1st. It was a destination wedding (we’re from Maryland) and everything was going wrong. My father was supposed to walk me down the aisle and do a father daughter dance with me, and all the other fatherly things they’re supposed to do. BUT he decided to leave the day before without telling me. We found out when my sister went to pick him up from his hotel for rehearsal and his car was no longer there. Luckily my step dad stepped in and saved the day. Needless to say after a lot of ugly crying and not much sleep, I didn’t look so great for our wedding day. The tent for the reception was blown over by the monster winds, And I didn’t have music to walk down the aisle to (no one warned me about this before I walked), The only three things that I cared about aside from actually getting married. I was honestly a wreck. Jay was like the steady rock. He was amazing! In the midst of all the chaos he still managed to capture some beautiful photos. He was on time and ready to go (we were not). He was OH SO patient with my demanding friends, and our photos were ready to be reviewed in a week and a half. I had bridesmaids, but I never thought that it would be the photographer that would be the one to talk to me and keep me calm through everything. He is awesome!

Sent on 10/18/2017

c · Married on 09/23/2017

Jay was an absolute pleasure to work with and a great photographer! He really has an eye to catch candid moments, the love, fun, and all that goes into a wedding - and it comes out in his photography! He was highly professional yet fun to work with, and did a great job of getting both the traditional poised pictures but also getting a reaction out of the people being photographed to elicit genuine smiles and laughter that truly make the pictures. His use of angles and focus make for a variety of great pictures, too. The one piece of wedding planning advice everyone gave us leading up to our big day was how important your photographer is, and Jay was absolutely amazing in capturing our memories of our major life event :)

Sent on 03/23/2018

Brittany · Married on 07/29/2017

AMAZING!!! So professional yet relaxed. There was 0 added pressure on the big day and he still got every perfect shot. Our wedding video was flawless and was given back to us in such a short amount of time. 5/5 stars for sure!!!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Kristen · Married on 06/17/2017

Jay Grubb and his team of videographers and photographers shot our wedding in June 2017. We could not be happier with them and we wholeheartedly recommend them for your wedding. We started with engagement photos with Jay prior to our wedding. Not only were the images that he captured beautiful, but Jay's fun, casual, and easy-going personality made it easy for us to get to know him, relax, and feel more comfortable in front of the camera prior to our big wedding day. (Don't be misled by my description of "fun and casual," though, because everything about Jay and his crew is professional and experienced from beginning to end in demeanor and appearance!). Jay was super helpful in helping us customize a package that fit our needs and priorities. We wanted a combination of both formal portraits and photo journalistic photos, and Jay delivered both with amazing quality. We had some specific photographs that we wanted to try and capture on our wedding day and Jay made sure that those happened. Jay and his team handled the high-stress and rule-laden setting of the Cathedral Basilica with ease and artistic eye. Jay Grubb and his team will not let you down with their professionalism, artistic experience, and breathtaking photography and videography!

Sent on 09/17/2017