Jay Grubb Photography & Video Reviews

Jay Grubb Photography & Video 5
Jay Grubb Photography & Video 6
Jay Grubb Photography & Video 7

aimee · Married on 06/15/2014

Jay was absolutely amazing. Very creative and made our wedding day perfect. Thank you for capturing our day so that we can enjoy those moments over and over through you talent of photography/

Sent on 08/08/2014

Jay Grubb Photography & Video's reply:

Aimee, thank you for welcoming me with open arms on your special day! I loved the Mardis Gras theme and the historical train ride through the streets of St. Augustine. So happy, I was at the right spot to capture that secret kiss the two of you were sneaking.

Jeremy · Married on 05/24/2014

Short and simple Jay is amazing. Fun person. Great Photos.

For the details:
    Jay took the time to meet with us way in advance of our wedding to discuss details, meet us, and find out what we're looking for in the photos. He even helped us out by asking us questions about details that we never thought of. And if we had questions, Jay was always there to shoot a quick email. We could tell that Jay was not only friendly and very professional, but he definitely enjoyed what he was doing. When we told him where the wedding was, he had never been there but took the time to scout it out and look at it.

On the day of, Jay was there before we were- already taking photos of the surrounding area. He was very happy to be taking photos and interacted very well with everyone there. His work is very quick and on point. He seems to know what he wants while also having an eye for anything that might provide a great opportunity for a photograph. You could tell that he knew what he was working with and how to use it. At the same time he enjoyed what he was doing, and it let us enjoy our day as well.

And the quality of his final product is very good. We have seen other people's photos who paid a lot more than we did, and Jay's work blows them out of the water. The photos themselves are top quality photos and his editing only serves to enhance the original intent of the photo and not distract from it. We definitely recommend anyone looking for a photographer to hire Jay for his professionalism, friendly warm personality, and great quality of work.

Sent on 08/25/2014
  • User4157373 · event on 05/19/2014

My fiancé and I did our engagement pics with Jay. When we first set the date, the day turned out to be rainy. Jay called us, and instead of just trying to get it over with, suggested we switched the day, but of course was our decision and we decided to do so. Weather on our second attempt was perfect. Jay was very helpful and found ways to use all the props I brought, and my little dog! We had a great time shooting with him and the pictures turned out great!!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Mandy · Married on 04/28/2014

Jay was just wonderful! He gave me picture tips prior to the wedding. He captured the beauty of the day in every picture! I absolutely loved every single picture. His rates are the best I have found in Jacksonville area. We were married on the beach and with his pictures we can see our love for each other and the beach everyday! He also took pictures of our kids that are to die for! Jay thank you so much!

Sent on 06/06/2014

robin · Married on 04/12/2014

Jay was very attentive in shooting our wedding. After the reception, many guests came to me and commented on how good the photographer was! My husband and I plan on hiring him again for family portraits in the future, Thank you Jay!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Thank you Robin!

It was a beautiful ceremony and your family was the greatest!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/01/2014

This bridal shoot was awesome...He is amazing...Very professional...Jay really pays attention to every little detail...I would recommend he to everyone...!!!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Brad · event on 03/21/2014

He did a great job during the time that was available and was extremely flexible in making it happen.

Sent on 03/25/2014

Katherine · event on 03/04/2014

My fiance and I had never been on a photoshoot before and didn't know what to expect. Jay not only helped fit everything in our busy schedules but made the experience feel comfortable and natural. We didn't know exactly what we wanted but got the unique qualities about us as a couple portrayed in our engagement pictures. He really takes the time out to get those "Wow" moments that I will cherish.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Susan · Married on 07/31/2015

Jay was absolutely wonderful as our wedding photographer. We had a very small, intimate ceremony and Jay was very discrete in selecting the best position to take photographs so not to be obvious, something difficult to do in a small chapel with just a handful attending. We are thrilled with the results and would use Jay again for another special occasion.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Juleana · Married on 04/24/2015

I loved working with Jay for our wedding! He was very responsive, and knew just how to get everyone's attention to get the shots he needed. Most of the night we did not even notice him sneaking candid photos here and there, he was in and out so quickly. He captured so many great shots for us and I LOVED the lighting he used! I would love to have him do more of our family photos in the future. By far my favorite photographer I have worked with professionally.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/19/2014

I'm very pleased with the outcome of my photos the professionalism that was shown at the wedding and the reception J did an awesome job

Sent on 06/01/2014

Kierstin · Married on 03/22/2014

Jay took our engagement photos a few weekends ago after getting a groupon. He worked with our schedule and we got a photo-shoot scheduled soon after our purchase. He worked well with us at the beach and was flexible with time so we didn't feel rushed. Jay did a really great job editing our faces and produced great results at a great value! Would recommend him!

Sent on 04/06/2014

I've only seen a few " teasers" from my wedding, but I love them. Jay is easy to work with, creative, and wants to make you happy. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a photographer.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2017

Jay Grubb Photography was one of the best investments we made for our wedding. He worked amazingly with my family and we had such a great time. Would highly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • Courtney

Courtney Maddox Voorhees · Married on 09/12/2015

Amazing Day, Got the pictures to prove it

When my husband and I started talking about a photographer for our wedding, we knew that this would be one of our “absolutely no settling” things about planning. After all, We will have the pictures forever; looking back at them, Telling friends and family about our amazing day and not to mention one day when we are old and maybe have kids, we can show them our perfect day just as it was through our eyes🥰 My Aunt actually suggested we give Jay a call. When I spoke to him he was very professional and he was available on our day 🤗 We kept in contact over phone, but mostly email (which this introvert LOVED). He asked about the venue and I was able to share pictures so he could become familiar with the landscape and different options. He also asked me to send him some examples of some of the picture/poses I really wanted included. On the day of my wedding Jay showed up early and got straight to work. He took the pictures of the “little things” early, before much was going on. He went back and forth between the brides room and the grooms room taking pictures of use getting ready the our closest friends, and he was never in the way! He went out of his way to make sure he got perfect “The Picture” every time, even hanging half way off the dock, we were worried he would fall in 😂 Taking all of the pictures we wanted pushed the timing behind a little, but he even stayed later than what we agreed to make sure he got the dances 💕I would highly recommend Jay as your photographer for all of your special days!! I have attached a few of my favorite pictures, but they don’t even scratch the surface surface!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Samantha · Married on 06/30/2017

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

Jay and his team were fantastic on the day of the ceremony. They were on time and very, very professional. They arrived and organized us to put everything together. Photos came out very nice. However, it took over seven months to get photos. We wanted to get even a few samples to send thank you cards then for Christmas cards (from a June 30 wedding) but he said he was too busy. The 4 minute video was done within a couple months (but footage not sent until over 7 months after). We had the digital proofs within a month or so ---but couldn't get any pictures (proofs had imprint on them so couldn't be used). He responded to emails very quickly before the wedding --but after, did not. After three months, he reminded us that the contract said six months but said we would have them way before then. We tried not to contact him too much (every few weeks) as we wanted him to put quality into our edits and didn't want to make him angry -but after the six months passed, we got nervous as he wasn't responding to our emails or calls at all. Our $4500 package included a $100 credit for photos which we have asked about several times--but didn't get a response so we just gave up. ---When we were able to reach him, he said he was very busy, that he had to take vacation, etc. He was professional and photos were good but would have chosen someone else if I did it again. If you book with him, understand that it may be 6-8 months to get the pictures. -- He said he doesn't hire people to edit because he wants the quality there --but seems like he overbooks himself and can't handle the volume.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Kate · Married on 09/14/2019

1.4
      2.0
      2.0

Disappointing at best

We purchased a video and photography package. I would recommend going another route all together. Jay spent most of his time trying to tell us how much extra he was doing and to give him a great review than he did doing his job. This was our wedding which we paid him to cover. If the amount of time trying to tell us how much of a favor he was doing us was spent on the photography and video I am sure it would have been much better. Afterwards, we reached out to him twice with little success with questions regarding our product (His response time was slow throughout the whole process to be totally honest.) The only response we received was after threatening to leave a bad review. That response was to please be patient as this is a busy time for them...that was 3 weeks ago.
    Another important thing, and this is for the brides, we received our photos in a record 3 days, much to our surprise (every other photo shoot we've done has been around 3 weeks for editing) and not a single thing was edited. How anyone can be proud of sending a bride a bridal portrait with acne scars and wrinkles in it is beyond me. It literally made me feel sad and bad about myself to see those photos. Very upsetting.
    We are paying extra to have the photos actually edited.

Sent on 05/18/2019

sean corgan · Getting married on 12/29/2019

1.0

Do NOT use him for your wedding.

Honestly there is too many negative things to include here. If I had to only say one thing about Jay Photography, it would be to save yourself time and money and DO NOT hire him for your wedding. He is rude, disrespectful, does not listen, cannot take responsibility for his mistakes, and never responds to calls, texts, or emails after you hire him. . I know this contradicts many reviews he has; however, I believe he has changed into this person that we had to deal with for our wedding.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Jay Grubb Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing and we appreciate your feedback. We are surprised at this review. Having delivered over 1500+ photos from multiple angles & numerous hours of video footage from multiple cameras capturing the special moments of the day, formals, & more, we were delighted to deliver so many beautifully captured moments for you to treasure for the years to come. We are passionate about a fantastic wedding day experience,and quality products and we delivered an amazing one we could be proud of. Thank you again for sharing your special day with us and wish you the best as you journey together.

Kiabeth · Married on 03/23/2017

1.0

Wow just wow. Our wedding was in late March of this year and we did not receive our wedding photographs until late August... We have yet to receive our raw footage wedding video and Jay Grubb has been ignoring my calls, texts, emails for months. Not to mention the lack of professionalism he displayed the day of the wedding. I am not easily irritated, I have high patience and hate confrontation and that is why I put up with it for so long but enough is enough. I want what we paid for and since he refuses to answer me I am left with no other choice. I have much more to say about it but rather not since he still has my wedding video and I am fearful he will never send it once I do.

Sent on 12/23/2017

Jay Grubb Photography & Video's reply:

I’m shocked at this review as I have yet to receive an email from either the bride or groom in months. I personally was contacted by guests at the wedding at how professional our team worked together and how generous it was we arrived 2 hours early for free and stayed an extra hour late for free due to the wedding running late. In fact the venue itself specifically reached out to me and said we were the best teams they have seen the last couple years and put Jay Grubb Photography on their preferred vendor list.

Directly:
    I adored your wedding and the photos and highlights video are amazing. In fact the video has become one of our favorites in the last few years and is featured on my website. Although there were numerous photoshop special requests which can take a delay as it is more work,(which was done for free) we were able to deliver your highlights video in a record 3 weeks after the wedding. The contract says 3 months so I am delighted at this endearing video delivered faster than industry standards which is 6 months to one year. The personalized hard drive and dvds do take longer to create (part of the package selected) than a downloadable highlights video as we ensure a quality product, go through a rigorous backup system for safekeeping of memories, that are to be enjoyed for a lifetime. This delivery date is noted in the contract which was agreed upon and is standard for wedding videographers.

I love going above and beyond:
    We also send a personal keepsake as a 6 month anniversary surprise which is actually set to arrive on Christmas Eve for you. Please enjoy these fantastic moments for a lifetime.

Katie · Married on 10/22/2016

0.4
      0.5

We hired Jay for our Savannah wedding, unfortunately he was already booked, but promised to send two of his well-trained "second photographers". In a nutshell, jay was hands down the absolute worst vendor we worked with. Because he didn't personally take our pictures, he could not have cared less about us. I could go on for hours about his unprofessionalism, irresponsibility, and lack of basic compassion, but I'll sum it up with saying that we are missing every photo of an entire side of my family. This includes every photo that was taken of my 90 year old grandmother that flew down to Savannah to attend what will probably be her last family wedding. We were absolutely devastated and it all could have been prevented if jay had cared at all about us and our wedding. He's got great reviews, so I'm sure he's fine if he personally photographs your wedding, but otherwise I would run in the other direction.

Sent on 08/13/2017