Jay Grubb Photography & Video Reviews

Jay Grubb Photography & Video 5
Jay Grubb Photography & Video 6
Jay Grubb Photography & Video 7

Robert · Married on 06/05/2016

Jay Grubb was the photographer at our Atlantic Beach wedding in June. He was the perfect photographer for us. Most importantly, his pictures were fabulous. We are thrilled with all of the photos that Jay took including those taken on the beach and other pre-ceremony photos. All of our guests enjoyed the party and we can relive the day through Jay’s photos. During the ceremony and reception Jay captured the look and feel of the event by being there without “being seen”. Jay made great suggestions throughout the day. On the business side, Jay’s communication before and after the event was always timely, thorough and professional. We highly recommend Jay.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Chelsey · Married on 06/01/2016

Jay shot our Destin, Florida beach wedding at Palazzo Del Sol on May 28, 2016 and we could not be happier with the results! I honestly can't say enough good things. He was SO amazing throughout the whole process. He came a bit early to scope out the best places to take photos, made some of our shy bridal party members feel completely comfortable, and truly captured the entire night from start to finish beautifully. After the wedding we spent time the next day talking about how great Jay was and I think my mom said it best, "He was the perfect mix of in the action and hanging back" - meaning that he captured EVERY shot we wanted and also captured some intimate moments between guests without even realizing we were being photographed. You can't go wrong with Jay. If you need a photographer for your beach wedding he is the one to go to without a doubt! He also had better pictures and better prices than some of the other people we looked at. Amazing all the way around.

Sent on 06/08/2016

allison · Married on 05/21/2016

The pictures turned out beautiful and it was such a fun experience!

Sent on 11/27/2015

Nicole · Married on 04/22/2016

Well first of all, Jay did a great job making my husband and I feel comfortable throughout our entire wedding day! I We had some unexpected weather (Yeah, it's Florida & unfortunately it rained), but that didn't interfere with getting some amazing indoor ceremony shots. I am so happy with the way they turned out. He captured so many angles through out the whole evening, I am still unsure how he did it. I would recommend Jay to anyone who is looking for an engagment or wedding photographer! You will love him!

Sent on 06/12/2016

Courtney · Married on 03/26/2016

Absolutely in love with our pictures! I can't thank you enough!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Angeline · Married on 02/29/2016

Jay has such a keen eye for outdoor lighting and unique, thoughtful shots. Not only is he professional and extremely responsive, he is open to hearing your thoughts and ideas for shots and blending them with his artistic talent and the reality of lighting, venue, time of day, etc. to ensure the absolute best shots! Our wedding was outdoors, remote, in broad daylight (1:30pm), and with nautural elements in the way of wild horsey poop, and gnats during the vows. He managed to capture ansolutely stunning and magical shots and it's like he wasn't even there half the time. I knew I wanted a more editorial look and he nailed it! His ability to shoot nature shots and expertise with weddings is a winning combination and I am beyond glad we chose him. I can't wait to see the final, edited pictures. There are so many great one's to chose from. His prices are great for a job he goes above and beyond for. He was even willing to travel 40 minutes by ferry to shoot our wedding on Cumberland Island, GA! You can see his passion for his work in your photos and I highly recommend him! Thank you Jay for making our little elopement so special!!!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Alexis · Married on 02/27/2016

Jay was amazing on our wedding day. He captured the most perfect moments. I would highly recommend him to a friend !

Sent on 03/01/2016

Justin · Married on 02/26/2016

Jay was fantastic to work with. He was very interested in getting to know my fiance and me to get the most personal photos. He made us feel at ease during the session and it was over before we knew it. And most importantly, the photos turned out amazing. Thanks, Jay, for your hard work!

Sent on 02/20/2016

Emily · Married on 01/07/2016

Jay was awesome to work with from the beginning all the way to the end. He is very professional and was quick to answer my questions and emails/phone calls/texts. My husband and I are so happy with our engagement and wedding photos- we will cherish them forever. Thank you, Jay!!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Leslie · Married on 12/31/2015

We love our pictures! We wanted something fun ,playful and a little vintage. Very professional and great eye for shots!
    Will hire again for future shoots. Five stars!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Julianna · Married on 11/07/2015

Jay is an amazing photographer! He is also very professional and responds quickly. We absolutely loved working with him. Our wedding was planned to be outdoors at the Ribault Club, but due to the rain it was all moved indoors. Jay did a fantastic job of rearranging his planned shots. Our photographs turned out amazing. He will also work with your budget!

Kari · Married on 10/18/2015

What a fabulous photographer! Jay's attention to detail is amazing and he strives for perfection with each photo he takes! He is such a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Darline · Married on 10/14/2015

Jay was awesome! My pictures are perfect!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Amazing photos and outstanding product! WE LOVED working with Jay, very engaging, easy to work with. Answered all questions very timely and extremely professional. Would definitely recommend to anyone!! Thanks JAY!!

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I hate having our picture taken so the thought of the wedding day and all the pictures we would have to endure made me cringe! Jay made the entire process painless and did a wonderful job bringing our wishes and our vision for the wedding day to life. We didn't want to spend hours posing for pictures or to have a lot of photos of just us, we wanting to be able to relive our wedding through the pictures and see our family in friends interacting naturally and Jay captured that beautifully!

Jeannie · Married on 07/17/2015

There are so many wedding photographers to pick from. Why Jay? Well, he cares about his job. He cares that you get the best photographs you can capture. He takes your pictures like he would capture special moments for his own family. He is committed to ensure every memory from your day is caught. Best of all, he made it personal. The event was personal to him, and he caught the day with a personal touch.
    He was at the rehearsal dinner and coached the bridal party how to stand and when to walk for optimal photographic opportunities, which was invaluable to the success of the “perfect” wedding shot. He took charge of group photos with just the right amount of force and gentleness to get the job done right. He paid attention to detail. As a bridesmaid looking in, you see all the little things that the bride may not notice on the big day. Jay took every opportunity to ensure the bride and groom got the shots they wanted. Professional, attentive, accommodating and friendly are words I would use to describe Jay. He is also timely and makes the process fun and drama-free. I recommend his personalized services without hesitation; and know he will take care of all your photographic needs to the nth degree.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Karri · Married on 07/17/2015

Jay is phenomenal! He went on a four day cruise for our wedding and he was so fun to be around. He helped facilitate our rehearsal and made sure to get amazing pictures of us! I love him and HIGHLY recommend him!! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2015

My husband and I hired Jay to do our engagement photos as well as our wedding/reception photography, and I could probably write a book about all the reasons Jay is YOUR man!!! He suggested Washington Oaks Gardens as our venue for the engagement session and the photos literally took our breath away. The lush, green atmosphere of this park was a perfect choice for Ryan's and my personalities - earthy and organic, and the photos truly represented this energy. Jay is so sweet and his dedication combined with his talent are rare qualities to find not only in your everyday person, but particularly in a photographer. He fully invests himself in your relationship, takes the time to get to know you as individuals, and has an intuitive nature, which I believe is ultimately what makes his photos so unique.

On our wedding day, Jay was punctual as he always has been, and put my bridesmaids and I at complete ease and I know he had a fun time with my husband and his groomsmen! From the photos he took of my girls and I getting ready to all the decorations, to groomsmen photos, to family pictures, tons of beautiful candid shots, our first dance, Father-Daughter dance, Mother-Son dance, guests having a blast dancing, to some magnificent ones Jay got of Ryan and I on the green at Hidden Hills Country Club during a momentous sunset, we have been completely blown away by this man's raw talent! Our favorites haven't even been edited yet and they are so gorgeous!!

If you want a photographer who is professional, genuine, caring, prompt, extremely talented and efficient, plus one whose prices pale in comparison to the quality of his work, RUN to Jay Grubb! I will forever recommend him to any and everyone who gets engaged and/or married. Thank you again, Jay. Ryan and I love you to pieces. <3

Sent on 07/25/2015

Amazing photos, very professional. Jay captured so many beautiful moments but the best part in my opinion is I really don't remember seeing him during our ceremony or the reception, but he got all the shots without being intrusive to our day. Thank you Jay.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Jesse · Married on 06/01/2015

Jay was our photographer. My husband and I had never had professional pictures taken. I was worried about looking awkward but he made us feel comfortable almost immediately. He's very easy going with a great personality. I would highly recommend him to anyone! Plus he's great at handling "bridezilla" moments!

Sent on 04/13/2016

karen · Married on 05/16/2015

Jay is amazing. He actually met my daughter, her fiancee and myself at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens to tour it as he had not shot there previously to scope out good photo ops. I don’t know how many photographers would do that. We now have the proofs and they have exceeded my expectations, even…I watched the pictures of the bridal party on the back of the train and other unusual spots and knew they would be terrific!!! My problem will be selecting "only" 800, and I think and I may need to dedicate an entire room for the bride/groom pictures alone! He and his assistant also came to our home day of during the bridesmaids hair/makeup/get dressed event as well and have some fun pics from there too…priced reasonably and a great guy…check his website to see the quality of his work, I DID…and he did not disappoint! You get full rights to pictures and may order or get CD or drive and has numerous packages to suit budget, time, etc…HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jay Grubb Photography & Video's reply:

Karen, Thank you for opening your home and lives to our team to capture the big day! I love hearing when couples, family, and friends, have a hard time picking out there favorites. If you need help choosing give us a call, I am happy to help.

Samantha · Married on 03/28/2015

Jay and Anna were great! They were able to organize guests and family for all of the shots I wanted, keep the event on schedule all while keeping everyone happy. I felt gorgeous in front of the camera because of the endless encouragement from the 2 of them. I would highly recommend Jay to anyone. We definitely got the most bang for our buck!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Brittaney · Married on 03/21/2015

Jay Grubb did my engagement photos and he is also the photographer for my upcoming wedding. Jay is GREAT! He has a great personality that makes you comfortable, very professional - yet still fun, the photos are always amazing, and the value is the best around. I highly recommend Jay Grubb for any photography opportunities! !

Sent on 11/24/2014

Angie · Married on 03/20/2015

Jay was a great photographer for our wedding. He took time to meet with us way ahead of the wedding day to get to know us on a personal level. He asked many questions about our style and preferences and was very easy to connect with. His fun, easy-going personality makes him a natural for doing weddings. On our wedding day he captured all the special moments and also came up with some much needed helpful suggestions throughout the day. The final photographs were finished ahead of schedule and turned out beautifully. Thank you Jay!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Jay Grubb Photography & Video's reply:

It truly was my pleasure in capturing your day. Everyone was so welcoming and it couldn't have been a more beautiful day in St Augustine. I personally thank you for sharing your day with us. Best wishes...Jay

Ana · Married on 09/10/2014

its the best photography ever !!! so happy we found him ... really nice and creative

Sent on 11/24/2014