Jay Grubb Photography & Video Reviews

Jay Grubb Photography & Video 5
Jay Grubb Photography & Video 6
Jay Grubb Photography & Video 7

Caleb · Married on 10/07/2017

Incredibly professional. I believe that we got a heck of a deal. The pictures are beautiful! Jay did a great job rallying all of my groomsman together to get the pictures that we needed, even though they were faded by that point lol. He knew exactly what Photos look good and made it easy for us to pose, which we are especially grateful considering that we are camera shy. All in all, I would highly recommend

Sent on 12/05/2017

Colleen · Married on 10/01/2017

I want to start by saying I have never wrote a review...EVER.
    My husband and I just got married at The Henderson Resort on October 1st. It was a destination wedding (we’re from Maryland) and everything was going wrong. My father was supposed to walk me down the aisle and do a father daughter dance with me, and all the other fatherly things they’re supposed to do. BUT he decided to leave the day before without telling me. We found out when my sister went to pick him up from his hotel for rehearsal and his car was no longer there. Luckily my step dad stepped in and saved the day. Needless to say after a lot of ugly crying and not much sleep, I didn’t look so great for our wedding day. The tent for the reception was blown over by the monster winds, And I didn’t have music to walk down the aisle to (no one warned me about this before I walked), The only three things that I cared about aside from actually getting married. I was honestly a wreck. Jay was like the steady rock. He was amazing! In the midst of all the chaos he still managed to capture some beautiful photos. He was on time and ready to go (we were not). He was OH SO patient with my demanding friends, and our photos were ready to be reviewed in a week and a half. I had bridesmaids, but I never thought that it would be the photographer that would be the one to talk to me and keep me calm through everything. He is awesome!

Sent on 10/18/2017

c · Married on 09/23/2017

Jay was an absolute pleasure to work with and a great photographer! He really has an eye to catch candid moments, the love, fun, and all that goes into a wedding - and it comes out in his photography! He was highly professional yet fun to work with, and did a great job of getting both the traditional poised pictures but also getting a reaction out of the people being photographed to elicit genuine smiles and laughter that truly make the pictures. His use of angles and focus make for a variety of great pictures, too. The one piece of wedding planning advice everyone gave us leading up to our big day was how important your photographer is, and Jay was absolutely amazing in capturing our memories of our major life event :)

Sent on 03/23/2018
  • Jerry

Jerry · Married on 09/05/2017

Fantastic photographer! Highly recommended!

Punctual, professional, reasonably priced, handled all the photo requests (and there were a ton). Always kept a watchful eye for wedding photo-bombers - caught two ladies trying to get in on a few pics. Excellent job Jay!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Brittany · Married on 07/29/2017

AMAZING!!! So professional yet relaxed. There was 0 added pressure on the big day and he still got every perfect shot. Our wedding video was flawless and was given back to us in such a short amount of time. 5/5 stars for sure!!!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Kristen · Married on 06/17/2017

Jay Grubb and his team of videographers and photographers shot our wedding in June 2017. We could not be happier with them and we wholeheartedly recommend them for your wedding. We started with engagement photos with Jay prior to our wedding. Not only were the images that he captured beautiful, but Jay's fun, casual, and easy-going personality made it easy for us to get to know him, relax, and feel more comfortable in front of the camera prior to our big wedding day. (Don't be misled by my description of "fun and casual," though, because everything about Jay and his crew is professional and experienced from beginning to end in demeanor and appearance!). Jay was super helpful in helping us customize a package that fit our needs and priorities. We wanted a combination of both formal portraits and photo journalistic photos, and Jay delivered both with amazing quality. We had some specific photographs that we wanted to try and capture on our wedding day and Jay made sure that those happened. Jay and his team handled the high-stress and rule-laden setting of the Cathedral Basilica with ease and artistic eye. Jay Grubb and his team will not let you down with their professionalism, artistic experience, and breathtaking photography and videography!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Sergio · Married on 06/03/2017

Jay was excellent at everything. And when our wedding coordinator started having problems keeping the wedding on track, Jay stepped in and helped keep the event going smoothly. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Racquel · Married on 05/06/2017

Jay was awesome! I cannot stress enough how easy he was to work with for both our engagement photos and wedding pictures. The best part was how he captured our entire reception so we could enjoy it and not be stuck taking family photos all night. SO huge shout out for Jay Grubb Photography for making our wedding hella memorable!!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Jay Grubb Photography & Video 8
    Jay Grubb Photography & Video 9
  • Florida Love

Crystal · Married on 05/06/2017

Awesome experience!

Wedding pics were beautiful, and we enjoyed working with Jay and his business partner! The editing was awesome and he even did a set in matte! Thanks again!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Danielle · Married on 04/08/2017

Choosing a photographer for your wedding day is one of the most important aspects. It is up to the photographer to capture all of the unrepeatable, once in a lifetime moments that you will cherish for the remainder of your lives. Jay has the uncanny ability to not only capture each and every special moment but also depict the story leading up those "money shots". And forget about learning how to contort yourselves in unrealistic, staged posses because that's what would make the photograph look good thought the photographer's eyes. Jay has the unique ability to study how each couple interacts with each other in an intimate setting and capitalizing on the natural, unscripted moments of pure love and beauty. He also makes certain that his subjects are always at ease, making light humor that allows any person to feel relaxed and confident, which creates breathtaking images. If you are in search of a photographer for your upcoming wedding, look no further. Jay is absolutely a guarantee that you will not only get phenomenal pictures but the story of your wedding depicted in images that are truly beautiful.

Sent on 12/22/2016
  • F

Farah · Married on 03/24/2017

One of the best photographers to hire! Definitely flexible, timely, and charming. We extended our session for 2 more hours because we did not want it to end. We are having another family celebration, and we are already decided on hiring Jay again!
    Would recommend him to any couple wanting top quality for a budget-friendly photography.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Sara · Married on 02/19/2017

We loved working with Jay! Jay photographed our engagement last year in St. Augustine, FL and just photographed our wedding in Feb 2017 in Winter Park, FL - we have loved all the work he's done for both events! He is so easy to work with, did great working with our kids, and got some fun shots of our guests at the wedding as well. We knew we liked working with Jay and after the wedding some of our guests even talked about how good our photographer was, so we definitely picked the right guy ;)

Sent on 11/30/2016

Amanda · Married on 12/10/2016

My wedding was on December 10th, of 2016 at a beautiful barn in Osteen, Fl. Jay was absolutely amazing at capturing every moment and the beauty of the venue. I had so many pictures to go through and literally loved them all!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Alyse · Married on 10/29/2016

Jay did a fantastic job for our engagement photos - they turned out fantastic and we found ourselves picking nearly 50 favorites! He did a great job of guiding and made the process so easy even though neither of us had taken professional photographs before. I would recommend Jay to anyone looking to get engagement photos done.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Phillip · Married on 10/29/2016

Did an engagement photo shoot with Jay this past weekend and we are excited to have him booked for our wedding. My fiancee and I weren't really into the idea of an engagement photo shoot, but with our wedding coming up in a month we figured it would be great practice. SO GLAD WE DID! We had such a fun time with Jay. He picked out a great spot on the beach. Time of day was perfect and his photos captured the evening sun beautifully. The variety of shots from playful, to dramatic, to loving portraits all came out excellent. Plus he gave us lots of tips (and hand signals) for us to shine on our wedding day. Jay is very professional, tailored the shots to fit our personalities, and we look forward to having him as a part of our wedding.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Laurie · Married on 10/22/2016

Jay was amazing to work with!! When we told him the type of wedding we were having, he captured it very well. We could tell Jay was excited for our theme of our wedding and would capture it like we wanted. Jay gave us a lot of good tips for the day of that made our day more enjoyable.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Caila · Married on 10/15/2016

Jay and his wife were wonderful to work with! They took the time to get the pictures that were important to us, and they were very organized getting all the formal pictures done to keep us on schedule! They were friendly and made me feel comfortable at all times. I liked that they split up and took pictures separately and together, so we have pictures with both of their styles! I researched a lot of photographers before choosing Jay, and it was a great decision! We got so many compliments from guests on their professionalism and friendliness!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Lindsay · Married on 10/08/2016

He was super flexible, easy, and fun! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/01/2016

Jay photographed our wedding on 10/1 in Atlantic Beach and we were absolutely blown away by his work. He managed to capture the pure joy of the day from start to finish! He demonstrated his expertise in his prep with us leading up to the big day, he is detail oriented, artistic, and very fun to work with amidst the wedding day nerves :-) His photos showed such amazing light and color of our surroundings, matched with style and the theme of our day. Jay did such an excellent job - thank you!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/01/2016

Jay took our engagement photos and will also shoot our wedding coming up in October. My fiancé and I have never had professional pictures taken and had no idea how to coordinate - including what to wear, where to go, and when. Jay was so kind during all of our consultations! He gave us great advice on all the details that made us feel very comfortable & prepared. On the day of the engagement photo session, Jay's expertise really came through. My fiancé said afterwards that he appreciated Jay's guidance and easy-going nature, it made him have a lot of fun taking the pictures. And to top it off, we had our portfolio by the end of the day and our package of edited photos less than 2 weeks later! Thank you Jay! We can't wait for the wedding!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/24/2016

I will do my best to describe how fortunate we were to have Jay photograph our wedding. Due to an unfortunate circumstance, we found ourselves without a photographer 3 weeks before our wedding! After stumbling upon Jay's website and seeing his stunning and distinct photography style, I contacted him immediately to see if he was available. Jay responded within the day! Not only was he able to take us in on such short notice, he also negotiated a custom package for us. Day of, Jay was on it! In the midst of all the wedding chaos, Jay was cool and calm - even in the company of overly inquisitive grandmothers and rowdy groomsmen. Jay was personable, direct in his advice, and obviously very experienced. I am so very thankful we were able to have Jay as our photographer and I cannot wait to see our photos, which I have the utmost confidence will be gorgeous.

Sent on 10/24/2016

V · Married on 09/04/2016

Jay shot our Gainesville, FL wedding and was amazing! He was great in working around post-hurricane weather to make sure that we were able to have a complete package. He's fantastic and will ensure that your pictures look fantastic!

Sent on 09/07/2016
  • User5311999 · 2+ years ago

Jay was such a pleasure to work with! We absolutely loved our engagement photos and our shoot was such a fun and easy going experience. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 11/28/2015

Danyelle · Married on 06/25/2016

We loved having Jay do our wedding. We can't wait for our pictures!! He went above and beyond in times of confussion and stepped up where it needed. I loved his photography style, and that he wasn't afraid to tell someone what they needed to be or not to be doing. The photobooth was wonderful but had to be moved due to rain and then never got moved back so wasn't used as much as it could have been but you can't help the weather. I would hire him in a heartbeat for any photography needs I need in the future.

Sent on 07/09/2016
  • I

Inga · Married on 06/11/2016

As the above shows: 5 stars all around. In love with my pictures and so happy with the whole experience!

Sent on 08/07/2016