Jax Connolly Photo Reviews

15 Reviews for Jax Connolly Photo

Jax Connolly Photo 1
Jax Connolly Photo 2

Julie · Getting married on 06/08/2019

Jax is so wonderful to work with! She is so kind, fun, and can make anyone feel very comfortable during her shoots. She took beautiful photos for my engagement pictures and I am so glad I will have them for the future to always remember such a special day. Jax truly cares about others and you can see that reflected in her photography. I can't say enough positive things about Jax's talents and personality!

Sagar · Married on 09/15/2018

Jax was absolutely amazing to work with!! She was apart of a very special occasion in which she helped plan a SURPRISE proposal! Jax's personality is what made this photo shoot so much fun. Her outgoing and creative personality allowed us to open up and be ourselves throughout the entire photo shoot. She was very responsive via email and text message and for weeks, went back and forth with me to make my proposal perfect. Jax allowed me to be creative and input my personal touch with everything; she went out of her way to make this day special. She was very timely at getting our engagement pictures back and they captured my fiancé and I perfectly! I HIGHLY recommend Jax for any photography session!

Shreya · Married on 09/15/2018

We couldn't have had a better photographer than Jax in the beautiful city of San Diego! It was an absolute delight to work with her in which every step of the way, she made my fiancé and I very comfortable. Jax was very patient with us since this was our first photo shoot as a couple and because of that, it allowed for many natural photos of the two of us! I have showed many people our photos from the shoot and every single one of them could not stop talking about how Jax had captured such beautiful photos! My fiancé and I would HIGHLY recommend Jax!!

Meg · Married on 06/23/2018

I was looking for a wedding photographer and I found Jax on Instagram, I really liked her work so I DM’d her and we met up for a coffee and the way she spoke, her friendly nature and her passion towards her work is simply amazing and in a few minutes, we hired her. We are a South Indian Couple and we had a religious engagement ceremony with a rustic theme at Temecula and even though this is her first South Indian Ceremony she beautifully captured all perfect moments of our rituals. She made everyone feel comfortable and she was like a ninja in clicking pictures we didn’t knew from where and when she clicked all those beautiful pictures. Our couple shoot was fun and a blast and each photo is a laminate worthy. She was flexible with her timings and We are really happy that we chose her and thank you Jax for capturing those fabulous and beautiful pictures of one of our best days of our lives and we are looking forward to work with you pretty soon.
    - Meghana & Avinash.

Marlena · Married on 06/21/2018

In a word, Jax’s photography is spellbinding. It tells a story, draws you in, and makes you want to linger just a bit longer.

I still clearly recall how she joined me at the hospital at the crack of dawn, just hours after I had given birth to my son. She was there to capture the moment his big sister would be meeting him—and they very first time our family of four would be together.

Honestly, that whole morning was a daze for me. But Jax seamlessly blended into the background, capturing all the warm flecks of that beautiful moment. There were so many candid, raw shots that could never be recreated. I’m so grateful I enlisted her talent because these images will now be treasured by my family for years to come.

Jax is a photographer who has an ability to use her images to create a narrative. I see my family’s dynamic and personality shining through in her photos. That is a rare talent. I encourage you to work with her. You won’t regret it.

Megan · Married on 05/26/2018

Definitely the best choice I made for my wedding! I loved Jax's bright colors and lack of over-airbrushing, and interacting with her on my first call with her was great. She didn't tell me "No, you have to...." at all, which I really hated from some other people. She also gave EXCELLENT recommendations for other wedding help - our coordinator and DJ - who were awesome and they worked together as the best team.
    If we had to make this choice again knowing what we do now, we'd 100% go with Jax in a heartbeat. She put my introverted husband at ease and we have wonderful wedding photos! Her positive attitude can't be beaten, and she's organized and on top of things at every step of the way.

We also got more coverage for the dollar amount than other people we talked to of similar quality, and really I think that means a big difference. She came and did our first look at the place we were staying so that we could get an ocean cliffs shot, and then followed us to the venue for almost the whole night. We really put her through her paces and she was on top of it the whole night!

Lizzie · Married on 09/30/2017

If there were one word to describe a photo shoot with Jax, for us, it would have to be: comfortable.

I’m sure there are plenty of other words that could just as easily describe working with Jax — all good, by the way — but to my camera shy groom, him being able to feel comfortable and natural in front of the lens was monumental.

But beyond that, Jax’s dedication to the photo shoots was quickly apparent by all the preparation she did and the attention to detail she gave us. At the end, she presented us with so many wonderful images (so many that we’re still having a hard time selecting the best ones), that we’ll always be able to look back on with fond memories.

Jenna · Married on 09/20/2017

Working with Jax was an absolute dream!! She’s well put together, knows what she’s doing, and an all around fun person! As a model she was everything I look for in a photographer. She made me feel comfortable and pretty no matter what. And I was more than happy when I received the final pictures!! Loved every one of them. I hope I get to work with her again soon!!! ❤️

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

I was so happy to have Jax be part of our wedding day. I knew from the start that she would be able to achieve the vision that I had for my wedding album; her level of attentiveness was wonderfully reassuring! Jax is very detail oriented, and worked very hard to make sure she captured every moment that I requested. My wedding photos are beautiful, and I couldn't have chosen anyone more wonderful than her!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Jax Connolly Photo's reply:

I loved being a part of you and Erich's Lecuadia local wedding, especially getting to shoot at the San Diego Botanic Garden! You had such a clear vision of what you wanted and I loved seeing that vision come alive. As a serious DIY bride, you and your mom (and everyone who helped) kicked ass. I especially loved getting your details like the seed packages you made as an offering for your guests and all the cute Etsy finds like the customized bottle of wine for your bridesmaids. I look at every wedding as if it were my own. One of my most favorite moments I got to capture that you requested was when your dad walked you down the aisle. I mean, it was such a powerful moment for me watching and capturing it. You took your time and I felt like both of you really understood the gravity of this life changing commitment. I was seriously so honored to be witness to that special moment. Thank you so much for all these kind words and letting me be the one to preserve your memories. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  https://www.jaxconnolly.com/blog/2017/5/20/leucadia-backyard-wedding-stephanie-erich-san-diego-wedding-photographer

Hayden · Married on 05/03/2017

Jax was amazing! As the first time doing a photo shoot (we did a couples/engagement photo session) Jax made us feel incredibly comfortable and lead us through the whole thing! She really knows how to connect with people right away, from the beginning of the shoot it felt like she was part of the family! Jax can put a smile on anyone's face without even trying, she made the photo shoot so smooth and easy it felt like it went by so fast, with us wanting more! What Jax does in post production, as well, is incredible, and we were insanely happy with the final results that we received! If you choose Jax it definitely will be the best experience and most fun you will ever have taking photos!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jax Connolly Photo's reply:

Hayden, thank you so much for trusting me to capture your photos! I totally blushed while reading your review and I can't thank you enough for these words. I loved how we got to walk around MiraCosta College campus in Oceanside. I also loved how you two felt you were not naturals, but seriously, you two did an amazing job and your photos are the proof. I'm so happy my posing techniques helped you feel confident! Looking forward to having you and Cassie in front of my camera again in the near future!!!! <3

Cassandra · Married on 05/03/2017

My boyfriend and I got photos from Jax and we loved her! She really knows her stuff! She made it fun and easy for us. We were comfortable and had a blast with her. I'm not good with how to pose for photos so I'm glad she knew how to position us just right for the best photo. If you want beautiful photos she is the person to go to! Thanks Jax!!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jax Connolly Photo's reply:

OMG! Cassie, I love you guys, too! I feel extraordinarily blessed to have such amazing couples like you come into my life and let me tell your love story, which by the way is SO SWEET. I'm so glad that my posing techniques helped you feel comfortable. My hope is that with clear direction and our fun back and forth banter anyone in front of the camera can relax and have fun! I mean, it's an experience after all. A romantic date on camera. LOL! I loved giggling alongside you both. I look forward to spending more time with you and Hayden in front of my camera!!! <3<3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cassie + Hayden's Engagement Session: https://www.jaxconnolly.com/blog/2017/5/26/oceanside-couple-portrait-cassie-hayden-san-diego-wedding-photographer

Laura · Married on 09/04/2016

This review is incredibly long overdue!! Jax is nothing short of AMAZING! She is thorough, professional, FUN, and you can tell how much she enjoys her work because her passion shines through the photos she takes. My husband and I had Jax take our family photos (with our dog) last December- which was no small undertaking. Our husky was barely a year old and so distracted by her surroundings, but Jax was so patient with her and stayed calm, cool, and collected until we got all the perfect shots. She kept us engaged and laughing the entire time and we could not be more thrilled with how the photos came out. Thank you for letting us be apart of your passion, Jax- you're a true talent and such a gem!!

Jax Connolly Photo 3
    Jax Connolly Photo 4

Melody · Married on 08/04/2012

I had such a great experience working with Jax as the photographer for my daughter's ballerina portraits. Jax was cheerful, professional, and creative, and she spent time exploring an intentional space and my daughter's best features and skills. Jax was mindful of my and my daughter's wants and limitations, while also staying open to fresh ideas and opportunities that presented themselves during our time together. My daughter was so happy with the experience, and we were all just astonished at the gorgeous photos that Jax produced for us. What a gem of a human, businessperson and artist!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Jax Connolly Photo's reply:

Thank you, Melody! It was an amazing experience for me to get to work with you and Samantha. We were seriously making art together and that's something quite extraordinary. Plus, I loved being able to use the environmental props that presented themselves like that old school TV on the roller. So random, but because we all rolled with it (pun intended), I think we got some pretty phenomenal photos. Anyway, I loved spending these two hours exploring a new place with you and I cannot wait to work with you and Samantha again!!! <3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ballerina Samantha's Passion Portrait: https://www.jaxconnolly.com/blog/2017/3/13/del-mar-ocean-front-passion-portrait

Amanda · event on: 07/03/2017

I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with Jax Connolly Photo. I was lucky enough to have Jax herself come out to a few of my favorite spots for a maternity shoot. Jax has a detailed pre-shoot questionnaire that helps her get to know you, details of your special event, and your likes/dislikes, all of which allow her to create not only the perfect experience but the perfect photos. Jax was extremely good at showing me flattering poses, honoring my preferences, and capturing unique moments that I wouldn't have thought to think of. She has significant training, is a clear communicator, is very patient, and clearly enjoys her job. On a personal note, as a twin mom-to-be, I went into it feeling anxious about maybe looking less than beautiful (or at least not like "myself") and not very mobile: Jax was extremely attentive to my comfort and really helped me to feel lovely throughout. My husband and I are very pleased with the results. Jax works well with props, is quick to stage scenery perfectly, and is not afraid to be athletic to get just the right angle. We will treasure these photos always. Thanks, Jax, for a wonderful experience!!!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Jax Connolly Photo's reply:

Amanda, it was delightful getting to spend a couple of hours with you! I love doing destination maternity, family, and wedding shoots. It's just awesome getting to be creative in a new place, have an adventure, and make some lasting memories. I'm so glad you loved my preparation process for the shoot. Honestly, all the information you provided me beforehand helps me so much in knowing exactly what to do for our session. Thank you for sharing back with me what you loved about the way I work! And, I'm stoked I could help you feel more at ease, comfortable, and most importantly, beautiful! I'm so glad I got to work with you and look forward to the next time. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ View Amanda's Session: https://www.jaxconnolly.com/blog/2017/7/22/yorba-linda-maternity-session-amandas-twin-baby-bump-san-diego-maternity-photographer

Kristin · event on: 03/15/2017

Jax was a joy to work with! She has an incredible positive fun energy and immediately puts you at ease. She was great at posing my husband and me and making us feel more comfortable in front of the camera. The images are beautiful! We love them and adore her!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Jax Connolly Photo's reply:

Kristin, thank you for the kind words! I had so much for photographing you and John in Anza Borrego during the Superbloom. I seriously LOVE going out to the desert to do weddings, engagements, couple and family photography. The light is just so dreamy with the desert landscapes. Plus, it totally helped that you and John are so magnetic together. Thank you for taking me on this desert adventure!!! I can't wait to shoot in Anza Borrego and Joshua Tree area again soon. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- https://www.jaxconnolly.com/blog/2017/4/8/anza-borrego-engagement-session