Jason Jarvis Photography Reviews

1 User photo

Jason Jarvis Photography 1
  • MsCheri

Shaune · Married on 04/21/2018

We connected with a few photographers and decided to go with Jason and Joanna because we loved their vision. We were not disappointed! Prior to the wedding, they sent a link to some questions, asking names of family members, and any photos ideas that we really wanted to capture. After the ceremony, they referred to our prepared list and I feel this preparation helped take the worry out of us “missing” any important photo opportunities with key family and friends.

Jason and Joanna were both amazing and made my husband and I feel like professional models. They captured every moment and details of our wedding and within a few days gave us a sneak peak of our photos. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Shaune! You guys are so awesome, you totally could be pro models! :-)

Katie · Married on 12/08/2017

Jason and JoAnna were a pleasure to work with from the moment I first contacted them. They were extremely responsive to emails and really made you feel like you were a life long friend. The pricing for the services and packages are awesome and affordable. They also helped us out by accepting smaller payments over time to make it easier on our pockets with all the other vendors we were trying to also pay at the same time. Check out the blog section of their website to see "Sneak Peeks" of the weddings that they have photographed previously. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review Katie! We're so lucky to have been your photographer!

Angie · Married on 10/27/2017

Jason and Joanna are the most professional, yet cool Photography couple ever!!! Thanks!!!

EMILY · Married on 10/08/2017

Jason and JoAnna were wonderful from the moment we reached out to them regarding our wedding! We were so happy to work with them as they were kind, calm, professional and responsive. They both made sure to capture the pictures my family and I had specifically wanted but also used their expertise to take additional photos that they knew we would want and would be meaningful to us when looking back on our special day. I can't believe how quickly the day went by, which is why I'm SO HAPPY to know that we had Jason and JoAnna there to take photos that we could hold on to for a lifetime. Thank you so much to you both!

Courtney · Married on 09/16/2017

Very very nice, respones quickly, very helpful, super friendly and on time with everything!
    Loved the result of both engagement pictures and wedding pictures!!

Christian · Married on 09/16/2017

They did an amazing job with our wedding! We got tons of picture that are beautiful! They were very friendly, professional, and greys to be around! I would recommend them to anyone!

Jason Jarvis Photography 2

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2017

oh.my.goodness! I can't even put into words how happy we were with Jason Jarvis Photography. Jason & Joanna photographed our wedding day on Sunday 9/3/17 on the oceanfront at Virginia Beach. Luckily we had gorgeous weather and they got so many amazing photos. We just got the preview a few days ago, and they are all so amazing we can't even decide on a favorite.

I was a bit anxious about picking a photographer, because my now husband and I are out of state (Ohio) and therefore didn't know the area super well. After a lot of searching through photographers, I came across Jason Jarvis Photography. They wow'ed me right away with their online galleries and reviews, and booked them that day! Their prices are also very very reasonable for the amazing photography you will get in return! I would HIGHLY recommend to stop searching for a photographer if you need one and book them TODAY! You for sure will not regret it!

Melanie · Married on 06/02/2017

Jason and JoAnna Jarvis were highly recommended to us by several of our close friends. We hired this dynamic duo soon after we got engaged and they exceeded our expectations from the beginning. Their communication is top notch and they are extremely personable. When our wedding day came around we felt so comfortable around them, it was almost like we had known them for years. The quality of their work is just the best! I would highly recommended them to anyone and everyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Melanie, we appreciate your review so much!

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2017

Jason and Joanna were absolutely amazing. Joanna is so sweet and down to earth. Jason was also so personable and so kind. I'd recommend them to anyone. Love them both!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review Sarah! We appreciate it!
  • W

Wayne · Married on 04/29/2017

Jason and JoAnna were super down to earth and really easy to work with. They're also very responsive, even when they were slammed with two weddings a weekend. I think it took about 6 weeks to get our pictures back. They turned out amazing. We compared several photographers in the area, and this is hands down the best deal in Hampton Roads. The price, value, and quality can't be beat. Stop searching and book them now. You won't regret it.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review Wayne!

Kevin · Married on 12/03/2016

Jason and Joanna are the best! They did everything they could to make sure we got the perfect photos and made everything so easy. The photos came out amazing and we would recommend them to anyone. Thanks Jason and Joanna!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Kevin, thank you so much for this really great review! We appreciate you!

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

Jason and JoAnn are true artists. Their pictures are beautiful, timeless, and captured who we are as a couple. They were willing to go to whatever locations we wanted for both our engagement and wedding pictures. They had great ideas for poses and didn't make us feel awkward as they were taking our picture. A lot of that had to do with the fact that they are so easy to get along with and made us laugh (which also made our pictures come out great!). I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Danielle, Thank you so much for submitting this review! We appreciate it!

KImberly · Married on 10/14/2016

We highly recommend Jason & Joanna as your wedding photographers! They made us feel comfortable while taking our engagement & wedding photos, and our friends and family can't stop raving about how great our pictures came out! Thanks Jason & Joanna!!

Morgan · Married on 10/09/2016

This couple was so sweet that they made posing for photos all day feel natural, like they are part of your bridal party. It was very helpful for our timeline to have two people taking pictures. I appreciate their professionalism and organization regarding family portraits. I have a lot of "step"" families but they gathered all our family info ahead of time so taking pictures after the ceremony was a smooth process, thanks to their preparedness! I also had a few photos that I wanted cropped/zoomed and they were able to do so in a day! They are also very reasonably priced. I'm a MOH for my friend's wedding next year and I already had her book with them! We received about 900 photos and I have loved looking at all of them! We're so happy we went with them!

Katie · Married on 10/01/2016

Jason and Joanna were amazing! We had a large wedding and knew that we wanted two photographers who frequently work together to photograph our wedding day. They arrived on time and worked closely with our videographer to capture all the details. They were very professional and made everyone feel comfortable and were super easy to work with. I would highly recommend hiring them to photograph your wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Thank you Katie for your great review! You have really made our day! :-D

Jennifer · Married on 09/25/2016

All I can say is AMAZING!!! Jason & Joanne are so sweet, caring, fun and professional. They did our engagement and wedding photos and we love them!!!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Jennifer, you guys rock! What a special day. You guys are so beautiful together and we can't wait to be there for you in the future! Maybe another photo session, this time with your adorable puppy FiFi?! ;-) We will remember your stunning wedding forever. -With Love!

Meagan · Married on 09/17/2016

This dynamic husband and wife duo are wonderful!

They were very quick and provided sneak peek of our engagement session and our wedding photos within a week! The most important thing to me was they both made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera and were so easy to work with.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Meagan, it was an honor and a pleasure to be there with you guys for your elegant and FUN wedding! Jason, myself and your guests will be looking back fondly on that day for a long time. Thank you for your wonderful review!

RENEE · Married on 09/03/2016

Where do I start?!?! Jason and Joanna are AMAZING! If you want beautiful, timeless and unique photographs to look back on and enjoy, they are the team. We interview 2 photographers before meeting Joanna at our home to discuss our photography needs for our Sept 3rd wedding. The fact that she was willing to come to the house and work around my hectic work schedule was an early sign that we were working with someone that would be flexible and accommodating. As soon as I met her, reviewed the albums she'd brought as samples, and checked out the website- I was sold!!! Throughout the planning process they were both extremely responsive, helpful with ideas and suggestions, and honestly just so easy to talk to and work with. I never felt pressured, or like my questions or needs were an inconvenience. The real icing on the cake was how wonderfully understanding they were at the ceremony and reception. They worked with a very demanding bridal party, camera shy groom, scattered bride...and that was all before the Hurricane flooded streets and cut the reception short by 3 hours! Throughout the evening they adjusted effortlessly, kept me calm, interacted well with guests, and took the most beautiful pictures. The quick turnaround of the 'sneak peak' package and fully edited formals was very helpful, and looking at them brings me back to that momentous day every time. I really have absolutely nothing negative to say- the entire experience of working with Jason and Joanna was pleasant, painless, and I know my husband, our families and I will enjoy the photographs for years to come.

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Renee, thank you so much for such a wonderful review! You guys were such a pleasure to work with. We will certainly remember your amazing wedding day and your fun personality for all the years to come. :-D Hurricane or no hurricane, the day was simply magical!

David · Married on 08/20/2016

We used Jason Jarvis Photography for our wedding at Galilee Church and our following reception at the Lesner Inn on August 20th 2016 and we could not be more pleased! JoAnna and Jason worked so well with us from the start and On the big day Jason covered everything all of the pictures we wanted and he was quite patient as we added more on the spot. He also added so many other great poses we just are so happy with! Jason was a total professional and followed the church rules without hesitation. He never got in the way and worked tirelessly and nonstop the entire time, in some pretty warm weather too!!

JoAnna and Jason were great to work with and very flexible. We received outstanding quality for a very reasonable price and we would highly recommend using Jason Jarvis Photography!!!

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

David, Thank you so much for the fantastic review! It was an honor and a privilege to share such a special day with you both. Congratulations again!

Pamela · Married on 08/14/2016

Jason and JoAnna Jarvis were absolutely the best wedding photographers we could have imagined having on our wedding day! They were not only very professional, but they were also very friendly and eager to help make our day perfect! One of the best things about them is that they CARED about what we envisioned our wedding photos to look like. They LISTENED to what mattered to us and what we felt was most important to capture that day. Because of this, our photos came out fantastic and perfectly captured our day! In addition to the classic wedding moments, they also do a really good job of capturing the fun, festivities, and dancing! My wedding guests loved those photos because they were in a lot of them! I have had so many friends tell us that "our wedding photographers really did a great job" and that's because they did!! Friends who couldn't make the wedding enjoyed our photos and said that they painted a picture, they were so beautiful and detailed. Needless to say, Jason and JoAnna come highly recommended!!

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Wow! This makes us feel so appreciated! Thank you so much for the great review!!! :-)

Erin · Married on 07/09/2016

I have been SO very happy that I went with Jason Jarvis Photography for my wedding. For me a photographer for my wedding was #1 on my list. I did a lot of research before I chose Jarvis Photography and I am so happy with my choice. Jason and JoAnna are the sweetest people and were so easy to work with. They responded to my emails quickly and took all of my requests into consideration on the wedding day. I also had JoAnna take photos of me for a bridal shoot and she made me feel very comfortable. Also, when I asked if they could edit objects from the photos, they took the time to do this for me.
    Before the wedding day, they sent me a questionnaire that went over all the different types of pictures I wanted taken and with who. This made me feel like they were organized and were on top of things. When they showed up on the wedding day I did not have to explain all of this to them. They knew exactly what I wanted.
    As for the wedding day, Jason and JoAnna were on time and tried to keep me calm. I felt like I did not have to worry about them taking the photos I wanted or capturing every moment. They were taking photos throughout the entire ceremony and reception and did not miss anything. Also, they sent me a sneak peek of my wedding photos about 10 days after the wedding. This made me so happy because I was dying to see the photos. I was so impressed with the photos I got back as well.
    I would definitely recommend Jarvis Photography for anyone who is getting married. I have been so very happy!

Seth · Married on 06/11/2016

We are so happy with the pictures Jason Jarvis Photography took on our wedding day! The photographs were stunning! They captured everything perfectly and got every shot we could have ever imagined-and then some! Incredibly professional, talented, quick to responses, friendly... just perfect. We highly recommend Jason Jarvis for your wedding photographer. Best decision we made! We will forever cherish these pictures and memories. Thank you so much for capturing or special day!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Thank you Seth for the wonderful review! We enjoyed working with you both so much!

Courtney · Married on 05/28/2016

I can't say enough about these two...I don't even have to see the wedding pictures to know that I will LOVE them! These two professionals have been top notch from start to finish. With me being out of town for school coordinating with my vendors has been an added stress. JoAnna consistently got back with me within 24 hours and answered any and all questions I might have had. Photography was EXTREMELY important to me since that is what we will have 10, 20, 30 years from now and I KNOW I picked the right photographers with Jason and JoAnna. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Sent on 06/01/2016

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Courtney! Thank you so much for your amazing review!!! We can't wait to share these great wedding photos with you. You guys were such a pleasure to work with, and we absolutely fell in love with you two and your guests. Thanks for making us feel like a part of the family!

Heather · Married on 05/21/2016

It has been a couple of months since our wedding, but my husband and I wanted to make sure we submitted a review for these amazing people! From the very beginning JoAnna and Jason were amazing to work with. They responded very quickly to emails and worked with us to set up a time and place for the engagement session. The fact that the engagement session came with the wedding package was awesome! It made it a lot more affordable. I also loved getting to know our photographers before our wedding. The day of the wedding, JoAnna and Joason did an amazing job capturing so many moments of our special day. Their "go with the flow" attitude helped to keep me stress-free, and made taking bridal party pictures a lot of fun. With both of them there, we even got ahead of schedule (which also helped keep my stress level down). They both are very knowledgeable and were able to position us to get the best pictures possible. We were given our photos about a month after the wedding, which is pretty quick for all the pictures they had to go through! The online gallery made it so easy to share photos and download the ones we wanted. Even months later, I am in awe of how amazing the pictures they took are, and I am so thankful to have those memories captured. We will cherish them forever. We HIGHLY recommend this photographer to anyone who is getting married. :)

Michele · Married on 05/14/2016

There are not enough amazing things to say about these two INCREDIBLE photographers! They know how to capture moments-real, candid, heartfelt moments in time. We couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Jason Jarvis Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Michele! We can't say enough great things about you guys too! :-)