Janis Nowlan Band Reviews

238 | Philadelphia, PA

238 Reviews for Janis Nowlan Band

Caitlin · Married on 05/16/2015

I can not say enough good things about Janis Nowlan Band. Janis' attention to detail is unmatched, which helped our day go off without a hitch. The band learned our first dance song, as well as my sorority song and they were perfect. The jazz trio performed at the cocktail hour and set the perfect ambiance. After speeches, they got the party started immediately. They had people up who NEVER dance, myself included, up and dancing the whole night. My dad even got down and did the curly shuffle. Their energy is incredible and they love to include guests in the singing. I received so many compliments on this band and still have people asking me other places they can go see them. At the end of the night, we chanted for one more song and the band complied. It was perfect and I can not thank them enough for making our day exactly how we wanted it...a big party with non-stop dancing. If you want to have a fabulous time, Janis Nowlan Band is without a doubt your choice!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Janis and her band delivered everything they promised and more for my daughter's wedding. The guests raved about them and my daughter and her husband were thrilled with their performance. They advertize that they are the best and they lived up to it!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Caroline · Married on 01/02/2015

Janis and the band were so great to work with throughout the entire process. From the showcase to see them for the first time to ending our wedding night, they were fun and professional. We received so many compliments about the band saying how great they were and how fun they made the wedding. Highly recommend using them and hope to see them again at another wedding soon!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Michelle · Married on 11/08/2014

Janis Nowlan Band is the BEST in the BUSINESS!!! Have no FEAR Janis Nowlan Band is HERE! I would recommend this band to anyone who knows how to have a good time with great music and dancing. And as the Bride, I never for one moment had any doubts or worries that we picked the right band. They are so good my sister had them at her wedding and my cousin is booking them for his wedding. TWO THUMBS UP!

Sent on 12/04/2014

My husband and I saw the Janis Nowlan Band play at a friends wedding a few weeks after we got engaged. We hadn't started planning yet, but he said, "I don't care what else you plan, but we have to have this band!" We very soon after hired the band to play at our reception and a jazz trio to play at cocktail hour. Throughout the entire year of planning, Janis was so easy to work with. She responded to my many emails about how things worked, offered advice, and went above and beyond with accommodating us to make our day perfect. Janis learned three new songs for us to make our day absolutely perfect! She even calmed my fears about doing a choreographed dance with a live band having never heard the song performed by them. Everything went perfectly and our guests (many of them musicians themselves) all were raving about the band! The dance floor never cleared or thinned out. People were dancing all night long! Janis even allowed us to have a special guest performer use her keyboard, which was amazingly generous! We can't say enough great things about this group. If you want a full dance floor all night, this is the band to pick!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2014

The Janis Nowlan Band is beyond amazing! My now husband and I recently celebrated our one year wedding anniversary and to this day we still receive rave comments from family and friends on how awesome our band was. Janis and her band made our celebration truly special, fun, and memorable. Look no further for a wedding band!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Janis Nowlan Band was AMAZING!!! I know I'm biased... but my wedding seriously was the BEST and it was mostly due to the band. The energy was high all night and they seriously played non stop dance music. They even included my two new favorite songs... "Shake it off" and "All about that Bass" :) I feel like most bands couldn't pull them off but they sure did!! All of the songs I asked to be included that night were and then they just added their own wonderful suggestions to the mix. I could not be happier about my experience with them. DEFINITELY a MUST for your big day!!

Sent on 10/19/2014

This is the best band! The Janis Nowlan Orchestra has been our band of choice for 8 years. Three weddings, special birthday celebrations, and a holiday office party were made more memorable because of this fabulous band. Our son was married on 10/10 and we danced all night to music from many genres. The dance floor was jumping all night long! Janis is the best! We look forward to our next celebration and can't wait to see the band again!! The Best!

Sent on 10/20/2014

The Janis Nowlan band played at my wedding in October 2014.

This party band is unbelievable. They had a great mix of newer and classic songs that set the tone for the entire wedding. They had everyone - young and old - on the dance floor the entire night. The compliments were overwhelming from our guests – everyone couldn’t rave enough about their energy and incredible sound.

Aside from talent, the bandleader, Janis is amazing. She is helpful, patient and goes above and beyond in terms of servicing her clients. She answered all of my (many!) questions and had really great recommendations to make our wedding special and memorable.

Her and the band are true professionals – highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Janis had wonderful ideas and great communication. Her band had everyone dancing the entire night. It's true that the band makes the reception.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Alissa · Married on 09/20/2014

Janis, I don't know where to start, the band was beyond amazing! Hands down the best decision we made was choosing the Janis Nowland Band to perform at our reception. Janis was so easy to work with and had great communication with us throughout the planning process. Janis and her team are incredibly talented musicians, entertainers, and also extremely professional.They did a phenomenal job keeping the dance floor (in this case sand) packed! Thank you for creating so many great memories for Joey and I and all of our guests! All of our guests said that we had one of the best weddings they had ever been to and a big part of that is because of the fantastic music! The band never stops to take a break and can play any request. I will never forget jumping on stage with my husband to dance to Pharrell's song "Happy"! I even crowd surfed in my wedding dress! Janis and her band kept the party going! Hands down best decision was choosing the Janis Nowlan Band! If I could give more than 5 stars I would!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Allison · Married on 09/20/2014

The Janis Nowlan Band was amazing! They were so professional and accommodating. It 's been over a month since my daughter and her husband were married. Guests are still raving about how fantastic the band performed. They really rocked the house. I had the time of my life. The band really helped make the wedding reception one of the best ever. It was a party the bride and groom, friends and family will never forget. The band deserves every award that can be given to a band. They can do it all!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Very simply put, I told Janis that my only request was for my guests to dance all night, and they certainly did! I chose the Janis Nowlan Band because I had heard wonderful things about them and they did not disappoint. Janis was so wonderful to work with throughout the planning process. Even though I'm sure she is planning a million weddings at the same time, she goes out of her way to make you feel like her only one. She was so easy to work with.

As for the music, it was awesome from start to finish. Everyone was on the dance floor all night. I loved that some of the band members joined us on the dance floor during a few songs. We had so much fun, and it was all because of the Janis Nowlan Band! I will definitely be recommending them to our friends.

Sent on 09/28/2014

The Janis Nowlan band set the perfect mood for our wedding, from beautiful piano music during our ceremony and sentimental favorites during dinner to the crowd-pleasing music that kept our guests dancing and smiling the whole evening. What an amazing repertoire! Their superb sound, versatility and genuine warmth was everything we could have hoped for. Janis tended to every detail to assure the evening flowed seamlessly. (I would add another star if I could!)

Sent on 09/08/2014

Have you ever been to a wedding where, at the end of the night, when the lights are turned up, the guests scream the band into an encore??? This is that band, and it happened at our wedding. They are worth every penny, and we consider ourselves SO lucky that we were able to book them. Janis and band, thank you so very much for everything. You were amazing.

Sent on 10/30/2014

From start to finish, we had a wonderful experience with the Janis Nowlan Band. Janis did our ceremony music and the entire band performed at our reception. Janis was a complete delight to plan with throughout the entire process - she is very detail-oriented, which made me know that everything would run smoothly on the day of. Our guests came ready to dance and the band really got everyone moving! We are so happy that Janis Nowlan Band was our wedding band and cannot thank Janis and the band enough for helping to make our wedding the best night of our lives!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Amy · Married on 08/10/2014

In order to have a party that no one will forget, you need an AMAZING band. This is why we hired Janis Nowlan Band!! Janis Nowlan Band made our wedding one that people will be talking about for years to come! The band's sound and energy is off the charts. We had everyone on the dance floor the WHOLE night! I could not believe that in every photo the photographer took of the dance floor, it was completely filled and you could tell by everyone's faces that they were having an amazing time. Janis, who is the leader of the band, was a pleasure to work with. She is such a nice person, is super experienced, and is intuitive about the direction you want your party to take. If you are looking for an energy-filled party with great music and great singers, don't look anywhere else! My husband and I are so grateful that we chose Janis Nowlan Band for our unforgettable wedding!!!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Everyone still talks about my wedding and highlights the amazing Janis Nowlan Band. They play fun music, have a way of engaging everyone, and got everyone up to dance. Janis was very easy to work with. She spent hours with me on several phone conversations to plan and make sure everything would go perfectly. On my wedding day, I had no anxiety and knew everything would go smoothly. You must have this band!!!!

Ron · Married on 07/21/2014

When we first saw Janis Nowlan at the showcase, we were sold right away.
    She made my daughters wedding a huge success! Our guests were dancing all night! Janis was very easy to work with, and kept in contact with us from the time we booked her, up till the big day. If your looking for an outstanding band, Janis Nowlan is the one for you!

Diane · Married on 07/04/2014

You have the BEsT Band in THE WoRLD!! (If you didnt know that already.)

Thank you thank you thank you for EVERYtHING you did for us on July 4th to make that night the best night of our lives! Seeing our kids (Carina and Rob) so happy was the thrill of a lifetime.

One last favor to ask of you....If you are able and willing, could you forward to me the setlist from that night? Even an approximation would be great.

The reason is that I would love to put together a soundtrack of that night. It would be just for our purposes. Our memories are already starting to fade on what songs were played that magical night, and the music was really the glue that held it all together for us.

We couldn't have been happier with every single aspect of Rob and Carina's wedding. Her processional that you played brought me to tears....it was so perfect. Perfect - all the way through to the last note of God Bless America! Such a sweet ending.

I swear Janis, I will have the Janis Nowlan Band play at every one of my kids weddings if its the last thing I do as a Mom. You are so special.

All the best,

Sent on 07/17/2014

Carina · Married on 07/04/2014

When The Janis Nowlan Band played at my cousin's wedding in the spring of 2012, I knew that they were eventually going to play at my own wedding (although I wasn't even engaged at the time). So when I got engaged the following year, I KNEW the first band to call (which we did the very next day!)

The whole process leading up to my wedding was seamless and Janis really took the time (you have her direct cell phone number and always speak with her directly) to go over every single wish and detail of the day. She sent me suggestions for some music selections and even learned a new song for my ceremony processional. ("Where Are You Going" by Dave Matthews Band...and it was incredible...just blew my mind!)

Janis played the keyboard for the ceremony and then the cocktail hour (fabulous jazz music) and the whole band joined her for the reception. They played beautiful classics, like Frank Sinatra, during dinner and then completely exploded into a 5 star party band for dancing. They have an awesome mix of classic and new hits and really know how to get a party started (and keep it going and going). They don't cop-out and let a DJ play the newer songs (like most other bands do) and most of the time, they actually sound BETTER than the originals!

I can't say enough of The Janis Nowlan Band! From beginning to end, they were a dream! Our guests STILL talk about how fantastic the band was and how amazed they were at their pure talent.

If you, or someone you know is planning a wedding, you HAVE to call The Janis Nowlan Band!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Ralph · Married on 07/04/2014

The BEST Band PERIOD. Janis Nowlan and the rest of this FIVE STAR BAND made the wedding of our daughter the NIGHT of OUR LIVES. You don't completely understand until you see and hear them IN PERSON. They are worth every single penny you can scrape up. This is our families wedding band for years to come!

Sent on 10/30/2014

The Janis Nolan Band was the best wedding band I have ever heard. They do the best job in the buisness. Friendly, helpful, and great music.

AJ · Married on 07/04/2014

Really, really terrific band - the BEST I have EVER heard at a wedding. We've been to several weddings with Janis and her band as the entertainment and all have been thoroughly enjoyable. All the current hits, great standards, special requests - all meticulously performed with great energy and style.