Janis Nowlan Band Reviews

238 | Philadelphia, PA

238 Reviews for Janis Nowlan Band

Patty · Married on 10/24/2015

That band was fantastic, full of energy, excellent music, it was a blast to all of us !

Alyssa · Married on 10/24/2015

Loved loved loved this band! We had so much fun at my friends' wedding dancing the night away. I actually had to weigh my options to go off the floor to switch my heels to flats because I wanted to dance to every song they played... Haha! Definitely worth every penny and more-- your reception will be talked about for years to come!

Sent on 10/27/2015

I saw the Janis Nowlan Band at my cousin's wedding. The music was great and the band did an amazing job of making everyone WANT to be out on the dance floor. They truly made the event. I'd hire them in a second!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Janis Nowlan Band brings the party to life! Janis brings together the best of the best with gifted talent in JNB musicians and singers – even “non –dancers” couldn’t resist the music and found themselves dancing the night away.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Barbara · Married on 10/16/2015

Best Wedding Band Ever! They kept the guest on the dance floor all night. Very talented musicians. Never took a break.

Caitlin · Married on 10/16/2015

The Janis Nowlan Band made our wedding. I spent the entire night on the dance floor with my guests. They played the perfect mix of new songs with the classics. The band actually plays all of the music, unlike the other popular wedding bands that play to backing tracks. They more than happy, and excited, to let my brother sing and play our first dance song.
    They are extremely talented musicians and worth every penny!

Sent on 10/31/2015

There was no limit to the range, energy and talent of each member of this terrific group!
    Every guest at my daughter's wedding stayed on the dance floor till their energy ran out or the band finished!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Do not hesitate to book this band!!! My daughter booked it strictly by the on-line reviews and was astounded at how true the reviews were. Janis and her band kept all of our guests on the dance floor the ENTIRE night. In fact, we saw passers-by dancing in the hallway outside the reception room, that's how good the band was.
    You will not be disappointed!! Enjoy your event.....
    Mother of the Bride.

Sent on 10/22/2015

I'd like to think that my bride and I would have made the wedding memorable, but nope - it was definitely the band!

Jesse · Married on 10/10/2015

I grew up playing music and played through college. It is one of the most important things to me and there was no way I was going to cut corners on my wedding day. There is nothing more influential on the mood of a party than the music. My husband and I heard the Janis Nowlan band on the Internet and it was a no brainier to book them for our fall wedding. The 11 person band did not disappoint! People were raving about the performance. Not only did the party people love dancing to the great variety of music, the non dancers had a blast just watching. Almost like a mini concert.

Janis was so easy to work with, took great notes so was plugged in and on top of what we wanted, was on time, and her band was fun and upbeat. You will be totally blown away with Janis and the quality of the performance of the band. It was everything I always wanted!

Gary · Married on 09/13/2015

From the moment Janis hits that first note , the only thing your party has to do is enjoy. Without question a great musical experience. All genres of music taste are catered for.

Sent on 09/29/2015

I will preface this by saying I am not someone who usually acts on hunches or gut feelings. I usually research the HELL out of things before making a decision, especially when it is a major spend. From the first time I spoke with Janis, I knew she and her band would make our wedding a personalized experience, something unique to me and my husband. We listened to a couple of videos online and read some reviews, but not a lot. And then we went to a showcase. This was the first and last showcase we attended. My now husband and I decided after their first set that the Janis Nowlan Band was the perfect band for our wedding. They are true musicians, not just wedding singers. Every single one of this 11 piece band is magnificent. Janis is both the bandleader and the clerk of the works -- she pays attention to every detail to make sure song requests are honored, the wedding party and parents announced, and the party runs smoothly. In dealing with her in the months, weeks, and days leading up to the wedding, I would have thought that ours was the only wedding on their calendar! Our wedding was just a few weeks ago and the notes from guests are still streaming in -- most of them comment on how amazing the band was! Everyone from age 8 to 85 literally danced from the get-go until the last note. So fun!

• User5482079 · 2+ years ago

They truly were a great band- Their songs not only showcased the talents of all the musicians, they played such a nice variety of music that appealed to all ages---and it's hard to appease all ages but these guys managed to do so. My 7 year old nephew was writhing on the dance floor playing air guitar as the real guitarirt was rocking out, while the groom's great aunt felt compelled to start the bunny hop.

Katie · Married on 08/29/2015

Having attended a best friend's wedding shortly after we got engaged where Janis Nowlan Band was performing, Zach and I knew we just had to have them at ours! It was our first wedding planning decision! Their band is the real deal and runs deep in instruments! Because of this, they are able to play continuously all night long with the size of their band and are wonderful entertainers! A couple of the members played for our reception cocktail hour, then the full band during dinner with lighter sounds then really turned it up for the dancing after dinner! They know how to gauge a party and keep it going all night. This is the reason why I trusted Janis so much, especially since we love the "oldies" which JNB does SO well but they are just as good, if not better, with the through the ages and newer stuff and depending on the crowd, they know exactly what to play and when. I cannot say enough about JNB's musical talent but what made the planning process and night all the more meaningful was the dedication and passion for excellence that Janis exudes. Her detailed attention and planning for our date made me feel in such good hands and her passion made it all the more fun and exciting!! A friend in London that could not make our wedding in Philadelphia emailed me the week after the wedding saying how amazing she heard the band was and already booked them for her wedding next summer in 2016!! Thank you Janis Nowlan Band for making our wedding celebration all the more sweet and FUN!!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/28/2015

Janis Nowlan Band was by far the best wedding band Chris and I could have ever imagined! They were absolutely fantastic! The music was non stop and I did not leave the dance floor once! Every song they played was even better than the one before. We were married at the Atrium at Curtis Center and I was worried about the acoustics inside the building, but sure enough the sound was perfect. Janis and her members were perfectionists and it showed throughout their performance. Music is one of the most important pieces to making a great wedding! Chris & Lauren Houser

Sent on 09/08/2015

Diane · Married on 08/23/2015

It was our absolute thrill to have the Janis Nowlan Band provide the musical entertainment at yet another one of our family's weddings. The level of energy and professionalism which they bring to an event is surpassed by none! We continue to recommend them on a regular basis, and can't wait for the next opportunity to see them again.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Awesome band!!! I was a guest at a wedding that had this band and they were fantastic! Everyone was on the dance floor all night!

Leigh · Married on 08/15/2015

The Janis Nowlan Band was outstanding!!!! I can't thank them enough for making our wedding the best we could have ever imagined! There wasn't a minute that we weren't out on the dance floor! Our 90 year old grandparents were even out dancing! All our guests wanted to book Janis for their next event! I couldn't be happier with our decision to have them be a part of our day!! Thank you so much Janis and the amazing band!!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/15/2015

Janis Nowlan Band is quite simply the best! From our first contact by phone, through the planning phase, to the last dance, Janis was enthusiastic, creative, fun and incredibly talented. She and her band have an extraordinary range and will keep everybody entertained...most highly recommend!

Cole · Married on 08/15/2015

Awesome band! We couldn't have asked for a better band to play at our wedding! Willing to learn new songs for us and played such a variety. They did an awesome job at keeping everyone out on the dance floor!

Groom

Sent on 10/29/2015

We were so happy with our choice to use Janis Nowlan Band! The band was very important to us, and we listened to everyone in the Philadelphia area - Janis was our top choice by a landslide! The dance floor was packed all night, and another friend also already booked the band for her upcoming wedding!! Thank you Janis for making the night so memorable.

Megan · Married on 07/24/2015

Best band ever!!! Made my wedding the perfect day! For weeks people kept referring to how much they loved the band and what an awesome energy they had!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Lydia · Married on 06/20/2015

The Janis Nowlan Band hit it out of the park! The dance floor was full all night - which was exactly what we wanted. And the quality of their performance and sound was second to none. We had multiple friends inquire afterwards for the name of the band - complete hit! On a personal note, Janis was amazing. She really got what we were looking for - a complete range in music genres. Everything from old standards to Motown to some funky 70's/80's thrown in for good measure. Not every band is up to the task, but Janis and her gang of maestros carried it off!!!! And I would book them again in a heartbeat. They even learned two new songs just for us! It meant the world! Thank you Janis! If music is an important element of your celebration and you want ta dynamic band, look no further!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Having The Janis Nowlan Band for our wedding was the best decision that we made for our wedding. They were so amazing! They kept everyone dancing all night long and all our guests kept raving about what an amazing band they were. Janis was extremely professional and responsive and really made sure that the band played what we wanted and what would keep everyone dancing all night long. Our first dance was not a well known song but the band played it and it sounded almost exactly like the original. We can't thank Janis and the band enough for making our wedding the party that we only dreamed it would be!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Lindsey · Married on 06/13/2015

Thanks to the Janis Nowlan Band the dance floor was hot at our wedding reception on June 13, 2015. We had such an amazing time dancing the night away and we did not want the night to ever end. The band put on a wonderful performance that our guests are still raving about. I appreciate how Janis personalized the evening for us from discussing song selections to making sure she had all the details just right. My husband and I will always remember our family and friends who were smiling, singing and dancing along with us all night long. The energy and love was electric on that dance floor and we owe it to this phenomenal band. The Janis Nowlan Band did an excellent job and we highly recommend them for your wedding entertainment! Lindsey & Matt

Sent on 06/25/2015