Janis Nowlan Band Reviews

237 | Philadelphia, PA

237 Reviews for Janis Nowlan Band

Valerie · Married on 09/17/2017

My wedding wouldn’t have been the same without Janis Nowlan Band. From the first time we went to one of their showcases, we knew we needed them to bring their talent, their energy, and their finesse to our once in a lifetime day. It is evident from the phone calls we had with Janis in the months prior to the wedding that she works tirelessly to deliver perfection... from the ceremony starting at 5:30 to midnight when the night was over .... Janis Nowlan Band was nonstop, absolute perfection. Going above and beyond, they even learned two entirely new songs... and one of them was our first dance. We were SPEECHLESS. My eyes filled with tears as I tried to remember the steps for the dance we rehearsed. Hearing them sing our requested song for the first time after months of anticipation was a moment we will never forget. It meant so much to us. We will never forget how all 180+ guests were on their feet dancing for the majority of the night with us. It was a wonderful and surreal experience. The biggest compliment we continue to get after the wedding is “ Your Band was outsdtanding!” ... they truly were and we are so thankful and thrilled that we were able to have them.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Merle · Married on 09/17/2017

First of all, 5 stars is nowhere nearly enough!
    Secondly, this very talkative woman does not know where to begin when talking about Janis and her crew..
    Third, what's a mom to do when her adult,professional daughter and her partner plan and pay for their own weddding?
    "YOU BUY THE BAND."...So glad I "bought" Janis Nolan Band!
    I knew I wanted them after attending a showcase more than a year before the wedding.
    My ONLY requests were : I want a great party,have great people with great vocals playing great instrumentals .
    Have a crowded dance floor from the minute the party started til the last guest left..Have the guests drag themselves out since their feet hurt from dancing so much . I wanted a fabulous party and that's what I got.....and more! I made a new friend. From the first minute I met Janis she was so easy to talk to.In the months leading up to the wedding ,the many conversations initiated by her to make sure we got everything we wanted were so special. She was so thorough and made sure everything we wanted would be done.
    The entire evening was amazing, but all people talked about that night and still do a month and a half later was ...THAT BAND ..WOW WHAT A GREAT BAND! I got the party I asked Janis for and she and her crew did not disappoint !
    In the words of the great Frankie Vali "OH WHAT A NIGHT!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Laura · Married on 09/01/2017

One of the best decisions we made was to hire the Janis Nowlan Band. We went to one of their showcases and knew right away that this was the band for us. Fast forward to our wedding day and Janis did not disappoint. They were absolutely fantastic!!! Throughout the whole process, Janis was responsive, professional and very easy to talk to. It's been over a month since our wedding and we still receive compliments on our band selection. Several friends have inquired about hiring Janis for their weddings. Do yourself a favor and do the same!! They will make it a night to remember.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Barbara · Married on 08/26/2017

Three words: "Hire this band."

Janis is the ultimate professional, working tirelessly beforehand to ensure the perfect playlist and reading the crowd during the event to tailor that playlist to the actual crowd. Everyone was up and dancing from the first song to the last.

Sent on 10/16/2017

JJ · Married on 08/26/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band is hands-down the most amazing addition you can add to your wedding celebration. Janis is an expert at working the room and building excitement, and the band is made up of world-class musicians. Our wedding saw people on the dance for for the ENTIRE duration of the evening, and I am confident that the Janis Nowlan band was a key driver behind this amazing atmosphere.

Sent on 10/17/2017

MaryJo · Married on 08/26/2017

5 star seasoned performers. Janis Nolan and her band kept the dance tempo just right from the cocktail hour to our dinner dance venue. No one, from 18-85 years, left this wedding without spending time on the dance floor, raving about this amazing band. Janis Nolan is the best hands down!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

The Janis Nowlan band was absolutely incredible! They were the band for our wedding in August and completely blew us away. All of our guests were dancing the entire time and were raving about the band then and continue to do so now. The music was amazing. Janis is extremely thorough and spent time talking to me on the phone going through every detail. The Janis Nowlan band truly helped our dream wedding come to life!!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Lawto · Married on 07/01/2017

Fantastic Band, Great people, a joy to work with!!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

Do you want everyone dancing at your wedding? Do you want talented vocalists? Do you want superb musicians? Do you want a fantastic MC?
    If you answered YES to these questions, then you better call Janis to book them quick!
    Every single one of my guests gushed about how amazing this band is. Every time I looked around, not a single person was sitting. Even my mom danced, and she NEVER dances!
    Leading up to the wedding, Janis will work with you to create your perfect playlist and is more than happy to take special requests (just make sure you do so a couple months beforehand). No one wanted the last song to be over, and when it did, everyone stayed on the floor to give them a huge round of applause. Best band ever!!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Maureen · Married on 04/28/2017

We had a fantastic experience working with the Janis Nowlan band. We attended a friend's wedding and knew they HAD to be our wedding band. They had everyone on the dance floor all night long.

Janis is very accommodating and detail-oriented when planning the evening. She called to confirm she had the appropriate line-up of events such as toasts, dances, etc. and she made it a point to learn everyone's names in our wedding party.

Thank you for the best party of our lives! We recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to every couple looking to have a lively and fun reception!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Ross · Married on 04/02/2017

The band was amazing my wife and i were very happy to have them. It made our day a day we will not forgot
    awesome band

Sent on 04/10/2017

Cindy · Married on 04/02/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band made my daughter's wedding such a success! The guests did not stop dancing or talking about how great the band was. I would recommend them for any celebration no matter how big or small. Super nice too!

Sent on 04/10/2017

Dana · Married on 04/02/2017

Janis Nowlan and her band are truly the best! They definitely made my wedding day a day to remember! They kept everyone dancing and no one wanted to leave! I am so glad my mom recommended them to us and are well worth it as they work hard to make sure their guests are happy! Janis is a gem to work with!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Dana · Married on 01/28/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band was so much fun! Planning a wedding out of town, we had to go by wedding reviews and YouTube videos to choose our band. My mom and aunt were able to go to a showcase and give us a report. My aunt called me excitedly after the showcase and said we HAD to book them! We never heard the band live until our wedding day, which I realize is somewhat untraditional, but it was a super lucky gamble.

Janis played piano during our ceremony. She even learned John Williams' "Jurassic Park Theme" for us to exit our ceremony to! Then there was jazz music during our cocktail ceremony. The big band played for the whole reception.

I loved talking directly to Janis on the phone to organize the night. We chose all of the ceremony music together, then the entrances. The band learned a new song for our first dance too. My husband was able to choose a few songs to play with the band, which was a huge highlight of our night (video is on their Facebook). He did not practice with them ever, but they pulled it off seamlessly! One of the things that impressed me most is that Janis said they didn't really play with a set list, they adjusted based on the crowd. Our families were up dancing all night.

The Janis Nowlan Band is a group of super talented musicians, with fun personalities, who seem like they really love what they do. They were a wonderful addition to our wedding and I would highly recommend to anyone wanting live music.

Sent on 03/12/2017

Leigh Ann · Married on 01/07/2017

Working with Janis Nowlan and her band was such a wonderful experience.  We started our journey sampling different bands for our special day and instantly knew that this band was the perfect fit for us.  We just couldn't stop dancing!  We wanted a team of people that could light up the room and get people out on the dance floor! You can't help yourself but dance and sing along with the band.  Their music just brings everyone alive!  Every single member of the band is enthusiastic and animated.  They play such a diverse range of music and found a way to appeal to every guest at the celebration.  Janis, the band leader, gave us nothing to worry about.  She was excited for our wedding and often called to chat about our wedding day to ensure that it was perfect, and it was.  Janis and her band learned to play my father/daughter dance song that my father and I danced to when I was in fourth grade! The song and the dance will be cherished forever!  Janis asked us what kind of music we were looking for and our only request was that we wanted them to fill the room with energy and keep our guest dancing.  We have never danced so much in our lives!!!  They ran the show so flawlessly and really made our celebration special. So many of our guests had so many amazing things to say about the band! Everyone truly had a remarkable time! We can't wait to become their newest groupies and follow them around to hear them play!  It's really an experience everyone should have.  Their music fills the heart with happiness! You are truly missing out if you don’t choose the Janis Nowlan Band !!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Amber · Married on 12/31/2016

This should be your easiest decision during your wedding planning. Janis Nowlan and her team of amazingly talented and versatile musicians and entertainers made our night one to remember. From our cocktail hour straight through until the end of the night, Janis and her band left us and our guests speechless. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long, which is exactly what we wanted at our wedding.

After talking with us to get a sense of what we planned for our dance floor, Janis arranged the perfect mix of music to keep guests of all ages happy and energized throughout the night. We couldn't have asked for a better, more fun, or more professional experience! Book her!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Andreina · Married on 12/17/2016

You know you are partying with the best when you party with Janis and her band! She is amazing and made our reception tons of fun from beginning to end. Janis and all the band member were super nice and fun to dance and sing along. My family is from Venezuela, my husband's from Philadelphia and everybody had a wonderful time with the music. Janis and the band worked hard to adapt the music repertoire to all tastes and cultures, and offered a welcome environment to everybody could hit the dance floor. I think I barely sat down during the whole night because it was so much fun every song they played!

I HIGHLY recommend Janis Nowland Band

Sent on 01/07/2017

Megan · Married on 11/26/2016

The Janis Nowlan Band played for my wedding on 11/26/2016; and it was awesome! Janis had everyone dancing all night. The guests were all totally thrilled, as were we. Janis was easy to work with, very professional and organized. Highly recommend the Janis Nowlan Band!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/29/2016

Absolutely amazing all around.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Carolyn · Married on 10/29/2016

First saw the Janis Nowlan Band perform years ago, they were absolutely phenomenal and they have only gotten better since! Our daughter's wedding was a blast, everyone was still on the dance floor at the end of the night and no one wanted the music to end! They are in the business of making dreams come true and they are better at it than anyone! Incredibly talented musicians who are an absolute pleasure to deal with, love, love, love them! Can never thank them enough!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Easy to work with. Had everyone dancing and the best band ever! H. Could never say enough about Janis!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Elisa · Married on 10/21/2016

Best band ever! The band is amazing. We had been to other events where they played but this time was our daughters wedding. They are so personable and definitely make a grand party. Thank you Janis and band!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Cyndi · Married on 10/15/2016

Janis and the band were amazing! I am an older bride and wanted a band that would make for a great party. I picked the right band! Janis was helpful prior to the wedding helping me with my timeline, (I didn't want to do typical wedding stuff throughout the night), was great when I asked her to shorten our first dance song and created a spot on dance list suited for our guests. Everyone had a great time. I have to apologize to my guests if I didn't get around to see them at their tables, but once dinner was over no one was sitting for the rest of the night!

The band was outstanding and I highly recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to use at your next event!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 10/14/2016

There are not enough words to express how much I LOVE this band nor is there enough stars to rate them! I always told myself that when I got married I would have a DJ instead of a live band. Well, that all changed when I got the chance to see the Janis Nowlan Band play at a friends wedding. I was in love and instantly hooked! I knew that this was the band I wanted for my wedding. As soon as my husband and I were engaged, I contacted Janis. I then took my husband and my parents to one of the band's showcases and they were blown away! Janis is an incredible person! During the entire planning process she checked in and asked about our family and it felt like we had known her our whole lives! When the big day started to get closer, Janis made sure she took care of everything. We were able to pick our wedding song and parent dance songs as well as all the songs they played at our wedding. This band has no limits! They can play anything from country to soul to pop to rock, even the popular novelty dances! We went over introductions, ceremony music, cocktail music, EVERYTHING. Janis made sure that I had one less thing to stress about.

When it came time to dance, the amazing band was incredible and they didn't miss a beat! They had everyone from my 1&1/2 year old daughter to my 92 year old grandmother on the dance floor! We had the perfect wedding and I have to give a big thank you to the Janis Nowlan Band for being a big part of that perfect day!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Hands down the BEST wedding band in the area! We were fortunate enough to see Janis Nowlan and the band live at a friend's wedding and when my husband and I got engaged, there was no question about who we were going to call first. Janis works with you directly and is the epitome of professional. She also is genuinely excited about making your wedding day special and getting your guests on the dance floor. We worked together to plan the day-of-schedule, so it was tailored to our needs and wants (like getting people dancing right away, when to do the special dances, speeches, cake cutting, etc). She and the band also learned some special song requests we had and did a dance-off, which our guests loved. So many guests commented on how great the band was and that it was the BEST that they have ever heard. I may be bias but I agree!!! Thank you Janis, Rick, & band!!

Sent on 10/21/2016