Janet Moriarty JP Reviews

Janet Moriarty JP 5
Janet Moriarty JP 6
Janet Moriarty JP 7

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Janet was our first choice of JP from our venue, Flag Hill Winery's, preferred vendor list. After reading her short bio, we decided to contact her and meet to discuss how we wanted our ceremony to flow. Janet was consistently punctual with e-mails, and was readily available to discuss the intricacies of the ceremony. After meeting her, we knew she was the one who should marry us! In the months leading up to the wedding, Janet kept in touch and sent us helpful outlines from ceremonies she had done in the past. She allowed us to completely customize our day, and shared excellent advice on what had and hadn't worked in her experience. On our wedding day, Janet was on-time, prepared, and smiling with her husband. We absolutely loved our ceremony, and were so happy to have Janet as a part of our day!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Hello you Happy Honeymooners! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I wish you both all the best, Janet

Christina · Married on 10/07/2017

Janet was very accommodating when we were trying to find a location to meet for the first time. Also she already has prepared vows that you can choose from which I found extremely helpful. Janet made the process of picking an officiant for our wedding very easy as she was very nice and easy to talk to. She always answered my questions quickly and in a thoughtful manner. During our wedding ceremony I started crying, which I did not expect at all but my fiance had started to tear up and that started the waterworks for me. Janet was very nice and paused the ceremony so I could compose myself. Also her husband took photos of our wedding and posted a video online of it to music. I was not expecting that at all and was very pleased with the results. Janet was a wonderful officiant. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Anything I say seems inadequate to do her justice.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Hello Orin and Christina! I was so happy to be a part of your ceremony. I tried to warn all my couples to expect the unexpected during that time. You were beautiful and gracious as a bride would be, teary or not. I wish you both all the best on your new adventures together. Thanks, Janet

Jason · Married on 10/01/2017

Janet was great to work with when planning our wedding ceremony. We're glad we picked her to be part of our special day!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Hi Jason and Renee..thanks for taking the time to do this review. I am glad that you were able to get a way for a few days. Your story was so wonderful. I was honored to be part of it. Thank you, Janet

Sierra · Married on 09/29/2017

We loved Janet! She was the perfect fit for my husband and I on our wedding day. Professional yet made us feel comfortable and at ease!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to say nice things about me. You two are so sweet. I wish you both all the very best! Thank you, Janet

Allison · Married on 09/23/2017

Janet was very friendly and professional during all of our wedding planning. She was quick to respond to any of our questions and took any stress out of this portion of our wedding plans. Janet was flexible in planning and was available to meet with us a few weeks prior to the wedding and also was present for the rehearsal. The ceremony went as planned and it was the perfect length.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Hello Allison and James. You are the perfect couple....such a happy duo. It was my pleasure to share you special day with your lovely family and that incredible weather. Best of luck to all of you!

Lily · Married on 09/15/2017

Janet was so great to work with during the wedding planning process. We met via Skype to discuss what we wanted for our wedding ceremony. Janet was so flexible when there were a few things I wanted added to our ceremony. Janet made the whole process very easy and was always available for when we had any questions. She put as at ease and delivered a ceremony that we loved. We will remember our ceremony forever and felt so lucky to have worked with Janet to make our special so memorable.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Hello Lily and Andy. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I love what I do and I count every new couple as special to me. Best of luck and much happiness, Janet

Jenna · Married on 09/02/2017

Janet was very friendly and quick to respond to any questions or concerns leading up to the wedding. On the day off, she was a great addition to our ceremony and celebration. Thanks!! :)

Sent on 09/12/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Thank you Busy Lady.... I am so appreciative of your kind words. Best to all of you! Janet

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2017

Janet was so helpful throughout the planning process. She provided us the ceremony template that she typically uses and was open to us making some changes to fit our personality. We asked her last minute to come to the rehearsal and she was more than accommodating, arriving early and putting all of us at ease as we walked through the ceremony. Janet performed a beautiful ceremony on the day of and her son, Brian, took some amazing photos. We were so surprised when Janet sent us a video of all the photos set to music. Such a thoughtful and wonderful thing to do! We definitely recommend Janet!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Thank you Ashley and Jeff for that lovely review. You two were so beautiful that day and I do appreciate your kind words. I love what I do and sharing it with you is so special.

Jamie · Married on 08/05/2017

Janet was amazing. She traveled up to the white mountains to officiate our wedding, which ended up being outdoors in the pouring rain. Despite the rain, she was positive and professional, and performed a ceremony none of us will ever forget. Thank you, Janet!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Oh Jamie and Jesse...that was one of the most memorable ceremonies I have ever done and made my words more poignant...thanks for taking the time to do the review. Best to you both, Janet

Nicole · Married on 08/04/2017

Janet was perfect! Working from 800 miles away, she made it easy. Our ceremony was exactly what we hoped for and more, thanks to Janet :)

Sent on 08/08/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Hello Nicole and Justin, You two are the cutest. I thank you for taking the time to say something nice about me and my services. It was my pleasure to celebrate your special day with you both.

Tara · Married on 05/06/2017

Janet was wonderful to work with and helped to make our elopement very personal. She gave us guidance on our vows but was very flexible when we provided some of our own. She was more than willing to stand with us in the rain oceanside on our wedding day, her husband took wonderful pictures, and she even baked some wedding cookies for us. :) We highly recommend Janet as an officiant!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Hello Tara and Dan, Thank you for taking the time to write this. I always find elopements a very touching event because so often couples rely on me to make the day memorable since they are many times there without family. It is my honor to have officiated at your wedding. I am glad that you enjoyed the photos and the cookies!
  • O

Otuko · Married on 04/29/2017

Janet was great! She was very flexible with our schedule and allowed us to FaceTime with her for our initial meeting. She was flexible with our vows and allowed us to customize them to our liking. She also allowed us to incorporate the wine ceremony and a couple of readings. The wedding pictures that her husband took was a pleasant surprise and we share the youtube video with friends all the time! Thank you Janet for making our day very special!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Thank you both for taking the time to do the review. I do appreciate your kind words. Best to you and Frank and Sophia.

Derreck · Married on 11/11/2016

My husband, Derreck and I decided to elope last minute. I found Janet as my first choice and she responded right away and was there from the start. She made time to see us before our wedding day, we were even late by 30 minutes and she still took the time to see us. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was nervous about getting married but she made it simple and easy for me. For the day of she was early and had her son take pictures for us that she later put in a video. We loved her services and hope she will be able to do our renewal for our family in July. Highly recommend Janet for your big day!
    -Lusia Blaise

Sent on 11/21/2016

Janet Moriarty JP's reply:

Thank you. I hope to see you again over the summer. Janet

Andrew · Married on 10/29/2016

Janet is extremely easy to work with, and especially if you cannot physically meet in person before the ceremony (we live in California and therefore needed to make all arrangements over Skype). Janet helped us shape our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted, and went through several iterations of the document to get it perfect. She was upfront with costs, reasonably priced, punctual and professional; everything you want and need from a Justice of the Peace.

On the day, Janet was joined by her husband. He ended up taking a number of photographs, which Janet ultimately turned into a video slideshow for us. We understand that this is not normal practice, but we appreciated the gesture nonetheless. Janet also made an effort to introduce herself to the parents and family, which was a big plus for us.

All around a great experience. Wholeheartedly recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Kim · Married on 08/20/2016

At less than a week before the wedding, we weren't sure we would be able to find a justice of the peace on such short notice. Janet and she saved the day. She was amazing, made herself available and went out of her way to show up early and come to our house to preform the ceremony. We had a few late arrivals and she patiently awaited for our guests to get here. She provided such a beautiful words to marry us and perfectly described the love we feel for each other. I would recommend Janet to every couple ready to share their lives together. Not only is she professional, caring, considerate, and accommodating, but she is down to earth and understands the emotions and stress people go through during a wedding and offers any help she can provide. Even after the fact she remained in touch and made us a slide show of pictures she captured of the ceremony. Thank you so much Janet for everything you've done for us to make it such a special day.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Samantha · Married on 08/16/2016

Janet was absolutely amazing. She made the whole process simple and easy to understand. The garden was gorgeous and made my wedding perfect. It was great for a romantic setting. Janet made sure we had the best experience possible. She made us a beautiful bouquet and a slide show of the pictures of our wedding. My husband and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who wants a simple and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Janet was wonderful! She was professional and wanted to make sure our wedding was uniquely ours. She helped us select readings for the ceremony and she was open to trying something new as we wanted to incorporate a wine box ceremony into our wedding. She quickly researched the ceremony and promptly returned with several options for us. I would recommend using Janet in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

Janet was absolutely wonderful to work with while planning our wedding ceremony. We wanted something simple, but unique, that fit our personalities and she made it perfect. Thank you Janet!

Sent on 08/18/2016
  • F

Frank · Married on 09/26/2015

I thought Janet was very professional, though friendly and easily approachable. She was willing to work with us on the ceremony, location and time so we felt very comfortable with her. I would have no hesitation referring others to her.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Serena · Married on 07/11/2015

Janet was fabulous! She did a great job with our ceremony and was very responsive and helpful with planning along the way.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Janet went above and beyond to help us at our wedding. Janet also was the JP at my brother and sister in laws wedding also. She is available to answer any questions and guide you through the process of anyone's special day.

Jennifer · Married on 12/13/2014

Very professional. We met both Janet and her husband. They were both wonderful.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Janet was great and very professional and flexible. She was on time and well experienced.

Lindsay · Married on 09/27/2014

Janet was a great officiant. She was very sweet and always had a smile. She was eager to please and make our ceremony our own. Her prices were more than reasonable and I would highly suggest having her.

Jessica · Married on 08/29/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Janet! My husband and I wanted to elope, and we decided only about two weeks before going on vacation. Janet went above and beyond to help me pull it off, she was quick to respond and more than helpful with anything I needed. It was just fantastic to work with her and her husband. Two of the nicest people, honestly. I have great pictures and even better memories from that day thanks to them! So easy and natural. Our special day could not have happened without Janet!

Sent on 04/28/2016