Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design Reviews

39 | Floyds Knobs, IN

39 Reviews for Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design

Margaret · Married on 09/15/2013

Jan Hurst was a professional from beginning to end! She was always patient with me ( as I called with head count changes many many times. She was also very gracsious
    when I called to ask her please stamp and mail invitations for me!
    I would whole- heartedly reccomend her and use her again. More daughters to go!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks, Margaret! You were delightful to work with and I look forward to working with you again!

It was an absolute pleasure working with Jan! She suggested the perfect font for our place cards and dinner chalkboard, which beautifully matched our wedding theme Many of our guests kept their place cards as mementos.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks! I love hearing that your guests saved their place cards. How fun!

Kinzie · Married on 01/13/2013

Jan is absolutely amazing! My sister used her for her table numbers at her wedding in September of 2011 and I used her for my invites, table numbers and escort cards for my wedding this past January. She responds to email within minutes and will make changes if they need to be made. I will use her going forward for all of my calligraphy needs!

Sent on 02/18/2013

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks, Kinzie! I so appreciate you and Valentine! Thank you for the great review. I hope everything is going wonderfully for you all.

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2012

Jan provided beautiful calligraphy on our invitations and place cards for our wedding! I cannot tell you how many people have commented on their invitations and how beautiful they were! The place cards helped to dress up the wedding and make the tables look elegant. I would highly recommend working with Jan! She responds to e-mails quickly and is flexible with changes (unfortunately we had some:))....

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks, Ashley! You were wonderful to work with!

Sandy · Married on 10/06/2012

I 100% recommend Jan for any and all calligraphy. She did all of my save the date envelopes along with my invitation envelopes along with a matted frame with my moms name above and her birth/death date. These were all beautiful, she answered all my questions and was very responsive.

Sent on 12/02/2012

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks, Sandy! You were a joy to work with!

Jan was a pleasure to work with -- professional, responsive and kind!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Colleen · Married on 05/19/2012

Jan's work is stunning! She did my invitations and place cards at the rehearsal dinner and reception. I recieved so many compliments. I couldn't have been happier with her services!! I highly recommend her and look forward to using her again in the future.

Thanks,
    Colleen Clemons Hartley

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks, Colleen. You were a delight to work with!

My husband and I are romantics and decided to write our Marriage Vows to each other in the form of love letters. To commemorate our special day, we had those vows written in calligraphy by Jan Hurst. On the day we met her to pick up our vows, I had tears in my eyes because they were so beautiful! Her skill is incredible! Our vows look like old, historic documents that we'll be able to pass down to show the love my husband and I share!

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

It was so special meeting you two and seeing your reactions! I know your wedding was memorable, and I am so pleased to have had a part in it. Thanks!

Jennifer · Married on 07/05/2011

Exceptional work and exceptional service! Jan made our event so special with her art and was a dream to deal with! She is, in fact, doing additional events for us. I couldn't bear the thought of only using her once!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Jennifer, you are a special person. Thank you! And it's time to think about that Christmas gift you wanted. : )
    Thanks!

Danica · Married on 06/18/2011

Jan not only did a wonderful job, but was accommodating and friendly to work with!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Danica! Best wishes always!

Martha · event on: 11/09/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy and Design services were of the very highest quality. I was working with others in San Francisco on a large party that was held at a Museum and included people from 8 countries. Decisions were made by a team - not the easiest way to work. Jan was responsive and patient.

I had a unique paper that needed special ink that would not smear. Jan, on her own, went out to find the absolute best ink to use on the paper. We needed a certain font that Jan designed specifically for us. Then she provided the deliverables - AHEAD of schedule, as they needed to be shipped to San Francisco by a certain deadline. I also had some last minute additions (for table cards) that she did for me quickly and with a smile.

All of these compliments are about her incredible service. The quality and beauty of her work is a rare art form. She has such a gift - and is such a joy to work with. I wish I was having more parties to get to work with her again. :-)

Sent on 12/19/2014

E · Married on 09/04/2016

Jan did a great job of listening to what I wanted and recommending paper stock vendors for the printing part of the process. Her work is so beautiful and everyone commented that our invitations were "simply elegant." She pours her heart into her work.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Sorry I didn't rate a perfect 5.0 from you. I tried my best, even with your many changes and delays. It was a beautiful wedding and I appreciate having had a part in it. Best wishes always.

Mary · Married on 05/24/2015

About 40% of my job involves writing out notes by hand, so when my mom suggested hiring a calligrapher to address the invitations to my wedding I was all like "yes, please!" This has been by far the easiest part of wedding planning, made all the better by our decision to hire Jan Hurst! At every step Jan was professional, prompt, flexible and so kind. Best of all, my envelopes are beautiful! I'm getting tons of compliments from my guests. She designed a custom monogram for me and my fiancé and had postage stamps made with it.
    And she worked fast! We dropped off our stuff on January 17th and she was done with everything by February 9th. I had a couple of addresses missing that I asked her to do last minute and she was all over it! She recognized a couple names I had misspelled and emailed me to clarify.
    On top of all that she wrote out our names on an extra envelope as a sweet keepsake that I will cherish!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks, Mary. I'm glad you're getting great feedback! It's been a pleasure to work with you and your mother. All best wishes!

3.8
      3.0

Only thing that was frustrating is that she wanted everything spelled out with no abbreviations, therefore, I had to re-do my list which was time consuming.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Awww, I'm sorry. You told me your handwritten envelopes (not calligraphy) were 'awesome', but you didn't say using appropriate etiquette (which includes no abbreviations) was unimportant to you. I am happy to letter the names as presented (complete with abbreviations and misspellings) if that is what the bride wants. When my time allows, I am just as happy to revise the list myself for a time-relevant fee. : ) Thanks! I hope your wedding was gorgeous.