Jan Casper Photography Reviews

54 | Virginia Beach, VA

54 Reviews for Jan Casper Photography

Brittney · Married on 06/13/2015

Jan did a very good job at our wedding. We chose the mini-wedding deal which was perfect for us and affordable. I got all the pictures that I wanted. The book is perfect as well and she made it fast. I have no complaints and would recommend her to others.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Beni · Married on 11/08/2014

We hired Jan to photograph my daughter's wedding in November. Both Jan and her husband photographed the wedding. Both we friendly, but also very professional. Her prices are very competitive with other photographers in the ares. Both my daughter and I were very pleased with the pictures. Jan's candid shots are simply amazing!!!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Jan Casper Photography's reply:

Thank you so much. It was great working with you.

Kristen · Married on 11/08/2014

Jan Casper was a great choice for my wedding. She offers quite a few different packages, and all of her prices are competitive with other photographers in the area. Her pictures were beautiful, especially the candid shots, and the photo book she put together as part of our package turned out wonderful. She really captured the beauty of the wedding. Throughout the wedding day she was very flexible, patient, and unobtrusive. I did not even notice the camera during the ceremony. I would recommend Jan to anyone looking for a photographer for their special day!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Jan Casper Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Photographing your wedding was alot of fun. Your reception was a blast.
  • User3772052 · 2+ years ago

Jan Casper was perfect for our wedding! She has many photography packages and products, which (comparatively to other professional photographers) were very reasonable. We will be getting a photo book, as well as a USB with all of our pictures! (We do not have the book yet, but the sample ones we looked through were gorgeous!) She was professional, punctual, and overall just plain awesome. We love her work so much, we are planning on having another photo shoot with her!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Jan Casper Photography's reply:

Thank you. Your wedding was awesome.

Jan and her husband were amazing! My husband and I had a budget and they worked with it perfectly, giving us some options to choose from. Our wedding was held in Williamsburg, VA and Jan and Paul had no problem traveling quite far from their business in Virginia Beach... and we are so thankful to them for being so accommodative! Our pictures came out beautiful and super fast! Jan and Paul captured every important moment of our special day - we really could not wish for anything more. If you are debating on which photographer to get for your most special day, we would definitely recommend Jan Casper Photography!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Jan Casper Photography's reply:

Thank you. Your ceremony was beautiful. It was great working you.

Lori · Married on 04/26/2014

Jan Casper Photography was a great choice for my wedding! Jan and her husband were flexible during the even, as well as non-intrusive, while at the same time eager to make sure we got all the shots we wanted. The pictures came out beautiful, especially for the price of the package I chose. I would most certainly recommend Jan to those looking for a professional photographer in the Hampton Roads area.

Sent on 01/02/2015

Jan Casper Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words.

Patria · Married on 12/28/2013

I was very impressed with Jan Casper Photography! I first met Jan at a Bridal Expo, where I received a discount card for her services. A few months later when I began my hunt for a photographer, I'm very glad that I remembered to check the info I received at the Expo to find Jan. I was a very budget conscious bride. Jan's portfolio looked great and her prices were in line with what I could afford. They were noticeably lower than many others in the Hampton Roads area, but her work is great!

Jan is a true professional. In all of our meetings and correspondence before the wedding she asked great questions, gave me good tips, and I was confident that things would go well on the big day. I was right! She was on time, and expertly handled a big group of semi-rowdy groomsmen! Since we took pictures before the ceremony at a different location, I was a bit nervous about time. Jan assured me that we were on schedule and that she just wanted to get the best pictures possible.

The pictures were ready a few weeks after the wedding, and I was very pleased. Lots of variety (color and b/w) and she captured some really great moments. I have no complaints!!! My package included an album. It arrived very quickly after I made the photo selections and it is gorgeous. Excellent quality and very sturdy pages. I received many, many compliments.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Jan Casper Photography's reply:

Thank you so much. It was great working with you.

Mikaela · Married on 11/09/2013

We were really pleased with Jan Casper photography. She captured a lot of great shots that we will be able to cherish forever. We also really liked that our package came with a disc with all of our pictures for our own use as well as an album. Everyone we have shown our pictures to has absolutely loved them!

Sent on 12/25/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2013

Pictures came out great! An awesome book is included in the package that is a great keepsake. Our family and friends love it! She posted the photos online in a very timely manner. I know some people who wait over a month to see them and ours only took 2 weeks to come back. We were very pleased overall

Sent on 12/29/2013

Brooke · Married on 09/07/2013

Jan is a fantastic photographer. She is very flexible and is very responsive when it comes to phone calls and emails. She was very willing to work around my husband and I's busy schedule. She did a fantastic job on our engagement pictures and I am super excited to see our wedding pictures. I highly recommend her for the Hampton Roads area. We were married in the Norfolk Botanical Gardens and she knew so many beautiful spots for us to go for awesome pictures!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Leslie · Married on 07/13/2013

The photographer were very accommodating.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Carey · Married on 06/22/2013

Jan was absolutely awesome. She was always prompt and provided excellent customer service. We love how both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out. Everyone has commented on how beautifully our pictures turned out. She also created a beautiful wedding album for us that we will treasure for years.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Rachael · Married on 06/01/2013

Jan and her husband, Paul, were hired to shoot our wedding. We could not be happier with the results! Jan takes wonderful portraits and captured so many intimate details of our special day! Paul also captured some really great intimate moments and tons of in-the-moment snapshots that made our wedding photo album a complete memory of the day. We love Jan! And, the quality of the prints are really great! We love our photo book too!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Rachael · Married on 06/01/2013

Jan was very professional and made us feel so comfortable behind the camera. As a team, Jan and Paul captured our wedding completely! We are so happy with our photos and looking through our photo book!

Sent on 08/16/2013

Blake · Married on 05/04/2013

Jan Casper Photography was the very best pick for my wedding; I recommend her to any and all brides!

Jan and her husband, Paul, met with my mom and I before the wedding to talk about the various packages that they offer. Her wedding photography packages are full of options - everything you could think of and then some - are very well priced; I personally feel like we got a total deal for what we paid - excellent, excellent value for amazing photographs that captured not only the people at the wedding (200+), but the spirit of the wedding, too. You can feel the laughter and joy that accompanied our festivities in these photographs.

Jan was responsive and communicative; she was thoughtful, professional, and proactive regarding rules (flash/no flash photography), what pictures we'd like (families, wedding parties, inside, outside), and the details of meeting up between the wedding and ceremony. She and Paul were top notch all day - they were there capturing moments, but they were not distracting at all. They were flexible and allowed us to add an extra hour of photography to the wedding day on the week of the wedding.

Our photos were ready quite soon after the wedding since we got married at a slower time of year for weddings. Finding the pictures online, selecting what we wanted, and ordering have all be very easy. She has the highest quality work. For absolutely the best photography in the area - perhaps anywhere - Jan Casper Photography is the way to go! Gold stars all around. Thanks, Jan and Paul!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Rachael · event on 04/05/2013

Jan shot our engagement photos and we loved them & her! She listened to the types of photos we wanted and had some really great and unique locations to take us for the shoot. I totally recommend Jan!!!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/17/2012

I contacted Jan to see if she would be interested in taking my daughter’s senior portraits. We wanted something different from the usual senior portraits. I was blown away by Jan’s art photography and was very interested in having something along those lines for my daughter. I am absolutely thrilled that Jan agreed to do them. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous, and everyone who has seen them has raved over how amazing the pictures are. I wish I had the vocabulary to accurately describe the beauty of these pictures. They are most definitely NOT your typical senior portraits, they are works of art. They look like pictures straight out of an editorial, and each one seems to tell its own story. Jan is an absolute professional, and her artistic vision is incredible. As I said, I’m absolutely thrilled with these pictures, and highly recommend Jan for whatever your photographic needs may be!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Jill · Married on 11/10/2012

I live in Maryland, but got married in Virginia. Since I live about 4 hours away, I contacted vendors based on their reviews on websites like this one. When I contacted Jan, she promptly responded to my inquiry and gave me all the information I needed. Her prices were much lower than other photographers that were listed, so I was a bit hesitant at first - but after talking to her, I decided to go ahead and have her as my photographer. I can say with certainty, I definitely made the right decision!!

My wedding was in November and the ceremony started at 4PM. I had originally planned to do all of our pictures after the ceremony, but when we met during our first meeting, she suggested doing a 'first look' before the ceremony so we could have pictures outside when it was still light out. She told me that while the inside pictures would still turn out good, the natural light would be much better - and boy, was she right. The outside pictures were definitely some of my favorites and I think having the first look gave a really good opportunity to see my husband's emotions when he first saw me. I owe Jan for knowing her stuff and recommending that to me.

Included in the package I choose was a photo album. I figured it would be a standard photo album that just about anyone could put together. I was definitely wrong. Instead of an album, it is more of a book with the pictures put together so well that it really tells the story of the wedding. I am absolutely in love with it. Everyone I have showed could not believe how well put together it was and could not stop praising her work.

Without a doubt, I would highly recommend using Jan - she knows what she is doing and is an amazing photographer and for the price, she can't be beat.

Sent on 01/18/2013

Elyse · Married on 11/03/2012

Jan's work was exceptional and we were very pleased with the end product. She and her husband were extremely professional and our pictures/wedding album were in our hands within only one month! She met all of our expectations and beyond!

Sent on 12/28/2012

Susan · Married on 10/20/2012

Jan did an excellent job on my weddding pictures. She was very professional and flexible. Love my pictures! Susan in Chesapeake

Sent on 12/10/2012

We were very happy with all that Jan has to offer, she was calm and efficient on the big day and we received our pictures much faster than expected (and were very happy with the results!)

Sent on 12/10/2012

Meg · Married on 09/21/2012

Jan and her husband were wonderful to work with! They worked together to capture all those special moments of the day..I am so glad we chose her. We were very happy with all the pictures..and the professionalism of them both was great! Thanks Jan!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/09/2012

Extremely satisfied with Jan and her husband. They saved our wedding when our other photographer canceled on us, and they were willing to extend hours when the reception ran late. I would recommend them to anyone who wants quality pictures for their event.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Angela · Married on 12/22/2011

Jan and her husband were intuitive and helpful with directing us for our photos. She has a sharp eye for details and was very good at "blending into the scenery" on our special day- we hardly noticed them taking the pictures but they photographed everything as if they were standing next to us.

Sent on 03/22/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2011

Jan was absolutely wonderful to work with through the course of the wedding planning and big event. She and her husband did both my bridal portraits and our day of pictures -- I was beyond pleased with the product from both!

As a professional, Jan's calm but attentive demeanor made the difference in our wedding. Having her and her husband there for the bridal shoot and the wedding day allowed me to relax and enjoy the event. She has a unique talent to capture the moment in its entirety and allow it to shine through in her photography.

Since our wedding, I have shown everyone we know the beautiful book that Jan created from our wedding pictures...it is stunning and absolutely priceless! Every time we look at it, we are transported back to the wonder of that day.

My husband, family, friends, and I cannot thank Jan enough for being a part of our special day! She is the only photographer we will use!

Sent on 12/23/2011